[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of Thrones season 7 ep 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Wakey wakey.png (1MB, 1907x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Wakey wakey.png
1MB, 1907x1077px
So I consider myself a GOT aficionado and nothing has really puzzled me in this series, but this I cannot make sense of. Can anyone explain to me why his sword would "wake up" as Jonny emerges from the water?
>>
The sword is a spy.
>>
Bran warged into the sword
>>
wait this actually happened

what the fuck?

was longclaw actually ghost all along?
>>
File: 1502457635416.png (249KB, 368x425px) Image search: [Google]
1502457635416.png
249KB, 368x425px
>>86681224
>>
>>86681160
>Can anyone explain to me why his sword would "wake up" as Jonny emerges from the water?
Easy, they shoot this scene several times with different props and edited it out of differernt parts from different takes.
>>
Bran warged into it, havent you seen the EP7 leak?
>>
>>86681309
There is a hole through the pommel. What you are seeing is the background behind it. Do you really thing DnD would add such depth to the show.
>>
>>86681160
Because it's lightbringer
>>
They probably just fucked up the CGI or color grading at some point and it's making it look like it opened its eyes

There is no way they did this on purpose
>>
>>86681515
Jesus I can't believe I didn't see this before.
>>
>>86681515

Damn I think you're right. Thought I had found a mayor mindfuck here. But I suppose you are right, that would be far too complex for the DnD, especially considering the plotholes big enough for dragons to fly through in the episode.
>>
>>86681160
Holy fuck lol. Post in on le asoiaf subreddit and see what people say
>>
>>86681160
That is a different prop sword entirely. The ear is different, as well as the engravings.
>>
>>86681515
>>86681628
>>86681679
http://imgur.com/a/Gyk0K

it clearly opens
>>
>>86683654
Winner winner
T.actual prop coordinator
>>
>>86681160
Water droplet from the splash fell on the pummel you fucking gaylord.
>>
Bran was watching them travelling north. He sent benjen to save jon.

>Bran is a greenseer
>greenseers can see through weirwood eyes
>Longclaws pommel is weirwood with eyes carved in it
>>
>>86683713
There's just glass set in it and nothing inside. In other scenes you can see the glass and the eyes are totally black. The "eye" is just when his hand comes down and it's a image of his hand in the lens of glass.
>>
>>86683859
the eye is garnet/stone confirmed. it's not glass and it's not hollow. it may be a reflection but the definitive 'split' from the 'eyelid' all but confirms it's an intentional visual.

all things considered it's most likely an obscure easter egg/piece of symbolism from the vfx department. it's very much intentional but most likely means nothing to the story.
>>
It's got a glass eye ffs
>>
>>86683981
[citation needed]
>>
>>86681515

This actually. I see it now.
>>
>>86681160
>ITS A REFLECTION YOU FUCKING AUTISTS
>>
There are a few reaons this isnt what people think.

Firstly, the effect is on a tiny percentage of the screen. In a show where they jam everything potentially subtle in your face

Secondly, in the book the wolf head is made of stone. This would be an original tv show addition and its so weird that there is no way d&d would add it. They would have to do a whole Bran scene where he can barely see anything but movement, then a zoom out to Jon walking. And for what possible payoff??
>>
>>86681812
Actually, it was posted there first because they aren't retards and actually pay attention
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.