[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jon notices Night King and his generals standing on a ridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 28

File: 3r23.jpg (597KB, 3733x2100px) Image search: [Google]
3r23.jpg
597KB, 3733x2100px
>Jon notices Night King and his generals standing on a ridge
>Dany clearly has a view of the entire battlefield
>Dragons aren't told to attack the night king
>Jon doesn't beckon or even tell Dany to have the dragons attack the night king

really sparks the circuits
>>
Dragons and Ice king are both magic, how is it possible they could affect one another?
>>
He just walked through dragon fire (a substance so hot it melts grown men into literal ash puddles) and it cooled at his feet. Dragon fire doesnt hurt him.
>>
>>86662400

regardless......they didn't know that. why didn't they at least go after him?
>>
There's so much wrong with the writing in this episode that I for one can't even complain about it due to my inability to put everything that happened into words.
I can't even process it, and I'm usually good at suspending my disbelief and I usually criticize faggots who nitpick every plot hole, but this wasn't a matter of plot holes, the entire fucking thing is fever dream nonsense.

I actually laughed when Benjen showed up out of nowhere for no reason and then died a heroic death also for no reason as Jon acted entirely out of character, that was the icing on the cake.
>>
>>86662498
>>86662535
This plan to capture a wight was retarded too. The idea that Tyrion thinks Cersei would help is ridiculous.

It was silly how many cliche "got here just in time" moments there were this episode
>>
>>86662302
night king isn't hurt by fire
>>
>>86662535
benjen just shows up. it's part of his character, shitlord
>>
why were there no giant wights?
does the night king have different armies?
they made an obvious show of there being wight giants in earlier episodes
>>
>>86662352
Magic must defeat magic
>>
>>86662535
Yeah that was an unnecessary death. And why the fuck did John go on rampage when he could hop on the dragon. So random.
>>
>>86662977
The Night King has warg powers, this was all a setup to get the dragons
>>
>>86662302
Im surprised you arnt questioning the fact that they are literally stuck on the island for long enough for Gendry to run all the way back to eastwatch, a raven be sent to dany, and for dany to fly to them all with zero shelter or a source of heat apart from berric and thoro's flaming swords which they specifically said they cant keep lit for long without ruining because they arnt actually magic and instead just lit with a flammable covering. Also the fact that jon is shown to be dragged into freezing water and left under for long enough for 99% of the army to leave and then comes out and doesnt freeze to death.

The entire episode falls apart hard when you give it some thought. This has been the case for awhile but this one was exceptionally bad at that.
>>
>>86662400

dothraki horses did it too, are you saying they're immune to full dragon fire?
>>
>>86662699
this is definitely the worst episode all season, if not one of the worst in the entire show. so fucking retarded that even the dumb action isn't entertaining.
>>
>>86665496
>Gendry

Ever think he was just fast as fuck?
It's a show about magic, you autist.
Gendry's endurance running is the least of the magical artistic license.
>>
Is there a recut of this series where it only shows these ice fuckers? I don't carea bout all the other faggot soap opera bullshit but these guys look cool
>>
File: 1484453814785.png (266KB, 949x915px) Image search: [Google]
1484453814785.png
266KB, 949x915px
>>86662302

Anyone think they did an underwhelming job on the dragon's "turning" by the "Night King" deliberately; to avoid comparisons to WoW and Wrath of the Lich King?

>Kinda weird when you think about it.
>>
>>86662302
And all that was done to prove to Cersei that zombies exist despite the fact she already has one as a body guard
>>
>>86662302
I read that as
>Jon notices Night King and his genitals
>>
>>86665597
As well as Concorde ravens and SR-71 dragons
it's more believable that Bran was watching and sent a raven to Danaerys pretending to be from Eastwatch as soon as he saw how fucked Jon was.
>>
>>86662302
>Why doesn't the team leave Eastwatch on horseback?
>How do Thoros and Berric keep lighting their swords on fire?
>Why don't the White Walkers only send a few wights at a time when everyone is on the island?
>Why don't the White Walkers kill everyone with spears and arrows while they're on the island?
>Everyone is on the island for at most one day, during which Gendry runs to Eastwatch, a Raven flies from Eastwatch to Dragonstone, Dany leaves with her dragons, and then flies all the way to beyond the wall in that same span of time
>instead of getting on the dragon when he can Jon charges the Night King
>Jon survives being submerged in ice cold water being grabbed by undead wights with no need to breathe
>Benjen somehow arrives out of nowhere but can't also ride the horse with Jon
>Jon somehow doesn't die of hypothermia on the ride back to Eastwatch

this is ignoring how one lance kills a dragon (white walker magic bullshit?), and why one wight conveniently stayed alive (if one that was raised by another walker is in every group, they can always report back if the main walker dies)

but really trying to fill in the blanks for this show is pointless because it's just bad fanfiction
>>
File: 1501973145568.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1501973145568.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>86665597
>It's a show about magic
this is such a terrible excuse that im starting to think that everyone uses it is baiting. Dragons, zombies, and magic is fantasy. Inconsistent time skips, Arya surviving 6 deep stab wounds and being able to run from and fight off the waif while being 100% fine afterwards, and Euron's invisibility drives and photon torpedoes are all just flat out retarded.

Just because magic exists in the show doesnt mean that everything can just happen without explanation. If someone were to fly in on an apache helicopter and start mowing down wights it would still be completely fucking retarded even if the rules of fantasy (there are none) allow it.
>>
>>86662302
>sending someone who has never seen snow back to eastwatch by himself in the middle of a blizzard

yeah okay
>>
>>86665941
Jon is a fire wight, high resistance to cold
>>
>>86665543
what a miserable cunt to complain about this episode. it was excellent to see real character interaction again
>>
>>86666067
All northerners are granted high resistance to cold.
>>
File: DW.jpg (4MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
DW.jpg
4MB, 10000x10000px
>>86662302
>Get surrounded by wights, and a white walker leading them
>Kill the white walker
>All of the wights, EXCEPT ONE, immediately die

Gee, how convenient.
>>
>>86665597

>WELL MAGIC ISN'T REAL SO THE ENTIRE SHOW DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY SENSE NOW.
>>
>>86665941
>Why don't the white walkers only send a few wights at a time when everyone is on the island?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if stalling it out and waiting for the dragons was the Night King's plan the whole time. That's the only way it makes sense to me. If he can throw a spear made of ice 100s of feet into the air with enough force to kill a dragon, he probably knows what's going on. The entire episode really was just ridiculous though.
>>
>>86666164
well, the night king has greensight like bran. that's why he can perceive bran spying on him and was able to leave his mark on bran. but he's also got a fuckton more experience due to being an old cunt so maybe he saw the dragons in one of his green dreams and saw is clearly enough to know when and where it would happen and could plan accordingly.
>>
>>86666132
yeah dude that irrelevant inconsequential banter really saved this episode. lmao.

can't imagine how much of a sad dumb cunt you'd have to be to get mad someone doesn't like your children's show.
>>
>>86662699
If you truly believe the Wight is to convince Cersei you are retarded. It's to prove she doesn't give a shit about Westeros, only herself.

She will ultimately try to use it to her advantage and will be seen doing so, hence losing the faith of anyone around her.

Gimp.
>>
>>86665543
i loved this episode. the series jumped the shark so long ago and has been purely fan service this entire season. we may as well get more charming and entertaining fan service if that's what they're offering at this point. the fellowship of westeros is pretty hilarious. and their ridiculous mission, i loved it. it beats the previous episodes and is no more ridiculous than jaime being plunged down into a lake somehow to survive. and the cinematography was really nice this episode. that's definitely the best aspect of the series at this point
>>
BANE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>86662535
>Jon acted entirely out of character
Whoa?
really?

After being drowned by wights and rescued by the uncle he adored and followed to the Nights watch?

Yeah out of character would make sense you homme
>>
>>86665848
Kick him in the ice cubes
>>
File: 1503224564989.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503224564989.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>86662302

They were at sanctuary Anon...
>>
>>86665955

Jon just got out of a frigid lake (miraculously where he left his sword), and staggers to certain death when the whitewalkers take notice.....but alas, his uncle is given license to ride dirty and sacrifice himself.
>>
>>86666568
you're giving the writers way too much credit. ever since they ran out of material from the books the show has been absolute garbage, and it's down to the writing.
>>
>>86665941
>86665941
Lad, you can't just make up the rules because you cant understand the other ones lol
>>
show has gone to shit.
>>
>>86665220
The greatest comment to ever be posted

Fucking KEK

>yumogweygwyfaigeezao
>>
>>86666362
>being an old cunt
top lel
>>
>>86666649
yeah, whatever, as long as you acknowledge that it's just dumb mindless action and nothing special like other cunts do. it's fine to like it but it's genuinely annoying when people act like its anything but a butchered version of what we had before.
>>
File: chadchuck.jpg (173KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
chadchuck.jpg
173KB, 1400x600px
>>86662302
>>
>>86666812
Lad, writers are baiting you to thinking they're making it up as they go along.

Prepare yourself for a good ol' shock next season
>>
>>86662302
Not only this but
>gendry witnesses the walker being taken out and knows what that means
>doesn't bother to include it in the raven
>>
>>86666974
the only thing that could shock me now is if the writing manages to become even worse than it is now.
>>
>>86662535
>did the exact same thing at the BotB
>>
>>86666945
>Goes for the dragon in flight instead of the dragon on the ground next to him, just to prove he can
>>
>>86665461
No he doesn't, retard. Kys and stop posting this stupid fucking theory.
>>
All hail Stannis Baratheon, the one true king.
>>
>>86666775
i don't get it
>>
>>86665375
He was going after the night King to save the dragon. He saw him lining up the shot, shouted go and tried to fight to him.
>>
>>86662699
Yeah this is the most retarded part. She won't give a shit about the zombie threat, everyone in the world could die an she wouldn't care as lone long as she sits on the throne. She will just try to use the situation to backstab mother of burgers and the midget. It is out of character for Tirion to suggest such a plan, he knows his sister.
>>
>>86667098
i'm almost completely certain that all greenseers also have the ability to warg. and the night king definitely does have greensight.
>>
>>86666939
Just go and suck that fat bastard's balls if you adore him so much
>>
>>86667174

Undead cant reach them in the sanctuary silly, this show went into full Dungeons and Dragons fanfiction mode
>>
>>86666148
wights are controlled by who resurrected them so maybe NK was planning this from the start?
>>
>>86662699
> let's risk everything on a suicide mission to capture a wight so we can convince my sister who doesn't care about anyone but herself to send her few irrelevant soldiers to help fight the infinite number of undead, it's totally worth losing a dragon over this, surely the lanister forces are worth more than a dragon
>>
>>86667387
We've seen one other greenseer and he didn't have that ability. We've seen one other warg and he wasn't a greenseer. Where are you pulling this shit from?
>>
>>86662699
Hi Cenk
>>
>>86666939
I'll like the show for whatever reasons I like and unironically think it's good and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it except remain a perma virgin who spews hate on the internet with no one to care until the day you die alone, friendless, wifeless, forgotten, while everyone else you knew moves on with their happy lives.
>>
>>86667424
>hating the show for being shit must mean he's a GRRM fanboy
ive only read one book. i preferred the show, pre-season 5. sorry you're mad at opinions on the internet!
>>86667746
lol nice projecting little madbro
>>
>>86662302
Removing the horde surrounding Jon and his comrades, was the priority. As you saw, even with 3 dragons concentrated on the horde, Jon and the gang were still being set upon by wights.
Also, with Drogon landing, it would be bad if he was swarmed by wights himself. So they other two dragons were helping Drogon remain safe while everyone mounted up.

There's no reason in the immediate moment to attack the Night King. As it's their priority to escape as soon as possible.
>>
>>86667823
it's true. like part ways through I just started talking about myself. wife left me recently so this stupid fucking fantasy show is one of the few things in my life i have to look forward to. no matter how retarded it gets. I'm have tears literally falling down my cheeks as I write this. She used to hate that I posted on 4chan. always bitched that I spent too much time soaking up the negativity here. Oh well. She's gone and here I remain.
>>
>>86668004
She always warned me I would miss her when she's gone. always threatened to leave but I never believed her. we were together 14 years. i just figured she was always full of shit, until she found someone else. i should just fucking kill myself.
>>
>>86665687
Yea might as well copied the whole thing 1:1 as it was a 10/10 cinematic
>>
>>86668004
>this stupid fucking fantasy show is one of the few things in my life i have to look forward to
just end yourself and stop the suffering
write a good suicide letter blaming everyone and the live stream you becoming an hero
>>
>>86662302
>Oh look it's that exact thread we're had 4 days ago

Fucking normie.
>>
>>86667464
>they casted safe space and microagression to keep the horde away
>>
>>86667610
there are far more people with warg abilities than there are with greensight. and it's suggest that nearly all people with greensight can warg. maybe jojen is one of the few that isn't capable of warging, but bloodraven and bran are capable of both.

the prerequisite for a human being able to either warg or have green dreams is to be descended from the first men, which the free folk and northerners are.

the night king is not descended from the first men but is/was a first man himself, and he lived alongside the children of the forest, who were the original greenseers. he should and likely does have both abilities.
>>
>>86667906
Then why did he fight on the ground like a faggot while kelly c was waiting for him?

WHY DID YOU FIGHT WITHOUT REASON JON SNU

They could have fled, get on the dragon and fleeeeeee
>>
>>86668165
the only thing stopping me from killing myself is the thought of oblivion. I highly doubt there's an afterlife, so I don't like the idea of nothingness. If there was a guaranteed afterlife, I would have killed myself long ago. literally no one would want to live as fucking wageslaves who just exist to pay bills, if there was 100% proof of an afterlife.
>>
>>86665543
It's definitely the worst episode the show has ever done.
>>
>>86668093
how old are you friend?

You should devote yourself to esotericism, just start exploring the occult for spooky, try to find meaning and shiiet
>>
>>86668234
>Then why did he fight on the ground like a faggot while kelly c was waiting for him?
Because even with three dragons assisting them, Jon and the gang were still being set upon by wights. He fought off the wights to make sure his friends could mount Drogon undisturbed. But by the time he was the last man standing, he was already in the mix of a fight, and then then Night King chucks that javelin. At which point, he figured the 30 seconds or so it might take him to run back to Drogon was too much of a risk to the dragons. So he told her to leave without him.
>>
>>86668290
36. what do you mean exploring the occult? like ghosts and magic and shit?
>>
Next episode Jon goes "So that's it, huh? I guess we're some sort of Song of Ice and Fire."
>>
>>86668141
I unironically think that the wow cinematic was better than all the night king stuff in the episode. And I never even played that game.
>>
File: 1486517974569.png (159KB, 764x744px) Image search: [Google]
1486517974569.png
159KB, 764x744px
>>86668390
>>
>>86668189
You're reaching way too far.
>>
File: 1377478357238.jpg (81KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1377478357238.jpg
81KB, 1136x640px
>>86662535
>Let's go on a wild-goose chase to grab one wright out of the hundreds of thousands storming into Westeros
>Run into a small group, conveniently decimate all but one by killing the leader
>Run onto a frozen lake that immediately breaks, despite being in the perpetual, frozen tundra
>Fuck me if that lake wouldn't have been rock hard
>Undead don't simply pile themselves over to reach to the center of the lake
>Lake refreezes over and is capable of having an entire battle on it now
>Cedric-or-whats-his-face is able to run back, send a raven, and have Dany fly back before whatever meager supplies they brought run out, nevermind the fact majority of them don't freeze to death
>Plot armor is so strong that the red-head wildling survives certain death
>The fact any of them survive otherwise certain death is beyond me
>Jon falls into a lake, crawls out, rides back on horseback, is nothing short of a miracle, whether intended or not
>And to top it all off, they're still pushing that fucking incest relationship

Watching this show was the only way to connect with my dad. Otherwise, it's pretty much dead to me--fucking normies ruining everything.
>>
File: 1403551489184.jpg (357KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1403551489184.jpg
357KB, 780x1200px
>>86668390
>>86668548
>>
>>86662910
>coldhands
>>
>>86665597
Gendry skipped leg day for like 4 years because he was rowing. He must have shit lower body strength. I'm suprised ha can run at all.
>>
>>86665687
Not everyone plays your dumb videogames for kids. Ice zombies have been done before.
>>
>>86666148
That doesn't make sense though--people become wrights when they've been bitten/wounded and die. If that was the case, who knows how many wrights they killed by killing just that ONE Whitewalker, if we're following the rules of proxy.
>>
>>86668694
>Night King has a clear shot at a stationary target with literally 100% of the people who both know he exists and has the power to stop him riding on its back
>if he kills Drogon then everybody riding him is fucking toast to the 90000 wights still running around
>nah fuck that; I'll shoot the dragon flying like 300 feet away instead
>and then even though they all sit there for another 5 minutes I won't throw anothe rone of my immediately accesible javelins until it takes off and can dodge my throw mid-air
>because I want the show to keep going

Fucking shit. Everything involving Arya was trash too. How can Season 1 have been so fucking amazing and now we have this pig slop?
>>
Is episode 7 gonna get leaked like 6 or what?
>>
>>86668797
I still think Arya still has an angle, but.....
>Trained assassin and mimic, can tell people's motives just by looking at them
>Immediately doesn't trust Baehlish
>Sneak into his room
>Find a piece of paper she KNOWS he asked for
>Logically, you would think he's trying to cause a rift between you and your sister, causing her to become more reliant on Baehlish
>NAH I'M GOING TO CONFRONT HER TWICE AND SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF HER AND MAKE HER OVER-REACT

Really hoping Arya knows what she's doing and has an ace up her sleeve
>>
>>86668968
Oh, and this is besides the fact.....
>Let's go capture one wright to show as proof to Cersi
>"Lol, I have one too--I use it as a bodyguard."
>>
>>86668968
Maybe she'll kill Littlefinger, wear his face, and tell her Sansa the next step in her master plan
>>
>>86669099
You're a little finger
>>
Teleporters going crazy. This is some start trek shit.
>>
>>86669121
Maybe Gendry should have started the trek earlier.
>>
>>86665220
underrated post
>>
>>86665535
dothraki horses are immune to bad special effects
>>
>>86668797
>Season 1
>amazing

You should try watching it again, it's a fucking cringefest.
>>
>>86662535
Jon doesn't have a fucking character
>>
The writing for this whole season has been very bad but this episode was just something else
This season has been saved by some great action, production design and good acting.

I hope S8 gets delayed now because somebody needs to start reworking DnDs scripts to something that at least resembles a GoT episode
>>
>>86668004
your wife left you because you are a vermin. worthless and weak!
>>
>>86667309
Earlier, when everyone was like "Jon, c'mon, playtime over" but he with every slash made a step forward, instead of toward the dragon.
>>
jaime wouldve gone after the night king
>>
>>86668236
Stay strong bro. I know it sucks but trust me, little changes do make a difference for the better. It's not gonna get better tomorrow or next week but if you commit to improve things, no matter how insignificant, it always pays off.
>>
>>86666362
>the night king has greensight like bran. that's why he can perceive bran spying

Why can't he warg into the dragon from the start then?

He can kick Bran out of his warging with a look, surely he's powerful enough to do this?
>>
'Memba when Cersei woved to kill herself if her kids died?
>>
Why didn't they grab the guy who died to the polar bear and take him south?
>>
>>86671486
That was before Tommen threw himself from the highest window and she saw how painful it looked
>>
>>86671486
That was before she became a powerful and independent womyn.
>>
>dragons vs ice zombies
>dragons manage to lose

what the fuck is this show even

you are a dragon. your breath is fire. just breathe nigga, just breathe on the ice zombies.
>>
>>86671486
She died the moment she did the walk of shame. nuCersei wants everyone dead but herself
>>
>>86669056
>But these can't function outside of the cold!
>They're better!
>>
>>86668548
>>86668696
Is Chasing Phantoms a book? I can't find any mention of it.
>>
File: 1352925221202.jpg (27KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1352925221202.jpg
27KB, 300x400px
>>86665220
>>
>>86667610
Why do you think he sees Bran when Bran sees him through warging?

Why do you think he waited until Dany was incoming with her dragon to attack the group?
>>
>>86675139
Intimidation factor and bad writing.

If he could warg, he could've just warged into Drogon and win his war right then and there.
>>
>>86672670
this guy gets it
>>
Where the fuck is Ghost at?
>>
>there's no zealous anti-magic units in this shitshow
>>
>>86675732
Sansa said Jon left him behind in Winterfell.

Gotta work around them budgets somehow.
>>
>>86662302

why did they walk and not go on horseback
>>
File: old feel.png (102KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
old feel.png
102KB, 500x505px
>>86662535
>in this episode
Anon...
>>
>>86662977
He does but that costs more money
>>
>>86675807
why didn't they all just run towards eastwatch instead of going some other direction towards a frozen lake
>>
>>86667545
>it's totally worth losing a dragon over this
Wait, are you saying that losing a dragon was part of the plan!?

You fucking retard.
>>
>>86666974
>The writings retarded on purpose xD
How much are they paying you to shill here?
>>
>>86667309
He decided to go kill a bunch of wights before that happened.

The night king only had a chance at the shot BECAUSE Jon didn't get on the dragon.

Sure, clear out a few that are close enough to stop him getting on the dragon. But then he starts walking into the advancing horde. There's hundreds of them, so what was his plan? To 1v1 all of them and then get on the dragon?
>>
>>86662302
honestly I was so focused on the autistic walking dead zombie copies to notice jon snow getting a dragon killed
>>
>>86668968
>Logically, you would think he's trying to cause a rift between you and your sister
She knows he is in love with Sansa. So it's more logical to think that he is trying to hide that letter to keep it out of the hands of people who might use it to take her down.
>>
>>86662977
why waste a giants on a fucking jon snow&co.
>>
>>86665687
Would've been too obvious if the Night King would've walked in the middle of the lake and struck his sword in to the ice.
>>
>>86662302
>>86667906
But why would the Night King target Viserion, and not just target the NON MOBILE drogon, who has literally everyone he wants to kill on his back?
Style points?
Also after Viserion gets hit, both dragons roar having seen/felt their comrad fall, and then continue to attack skeletons and ignore the Night's King while he as slow as can be gets another spear and lines up?
>>
>>86676156
Then why not burn it, tear it up, or at the very least keep it on him until he can dispose of it?
>>
>>86676100
He was grinding exp.
>>
>>86665866
Bran was revisiting Sansa's first sex in VR
>>
>>86676201
Why show up personally for Jon Snow & co. ?
>>
>>86662302
this episode was literally equivalent to something from fanfiction.net

>walk out in the snow when horses clearly survive out there just fine
>hound still too much of a pussy to save thoros even though he already overcame fear of fire against beric
>happy conversation time between all of our favowite chawacters!!1 yay!!
>go gendry run ahead ur way faster, proceed to run some other direction than towards home
>thoros freezes to death like a fuck when everybody else is doing just fine
>somehow horde of wights can't break line of 7 men
>those expendable nobody characters
>jon doesn't get on the dragon, JUST GOOOO11!! ;_;
>climbs out of literal instant hypothermia water
>benjen shows up and gets jon on horse, wights 200 yards away
>come with me uncle benjen
>there's no timeeeeee! ;-( goooooooo

so pathetic
>>
>>86676283
he was just chillin with his mates, whats wrong with it?
>>
Are we gonna get to see hodor fighting for the army of the dead?
>>
>>86668234
>kelly c
Don't know this reference yet
Enlighten me why this is her new nickname
>>
>>86676436
of course, he will be holding the door when CIA is shagging Sansa
>>
>>86676297
>thoros freezes to death like a fuck when everybody else is doing just fine
This one is totally fine. He had just been mauled by a zombie bear, and had been drinking wine.
Everyone knows that getting drunk in a frozen wilderness is a bad idea.
>>
>>86676409
Rude not inviting his giant buddies, that's all.
>>
>jon continues to kill pointless zombies instead of getting on the dragon

silly boy desu
>>
>>86665687

It was lame as fuck, what would be wrong with ripping off the WoW cinematic? Better than all the chains and shit.
>>
>>86662535

Jon wasn't acting out of character, because he doesn't have any character trait except "being stupid".
>>
>>86666148
Scene should have had a few of them "alive" after the walker died, then they'd just put down all but 1.
>>
>>86666945
>>86667060
>lets 2 remaining dragons + riders leave so they can tell their buddies not to fuck with him
>>
File: Mannis in Distress.jpg (125KB, 591x559px) Image search: [Google]
Mannis in Distress.jpg
125KB, 591x559px
>>86667105
AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHh HELP ME RENLY BARATHEON YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE
>>
>>86676436
>The dead have reached winterfell
>Chaos is everywhere
>People are running, screaming, dying
>Slap bang in the middle of it all is Bran, the autist of winterfell
>Just fucking sitting there
>ItsComplicated.jpg
>Out of fucking nowhere, in comes zombie Hodor
>He's actually holding a fucking door
>Uses said door to smash the cripple into Bran-flakes
>Insert "You're a big guy" joke here
>
>>
>>86676230
His plan was to get at least one of the dragons into the lake so the other dragons couldn't burn the corpse. Drogon were on solid ground.
>>
Will the army of the dead use chaos to climb the wall?
>>
>>86676451
>new
>>
How did they not notice the water had frozen? Anyone with eyes could s-
>>
>>86676937
chaosh
>>
>>86676919
>could kill literally everyone who opposes you / has proof you exist
>nah I just want a dragon, let's not ruin the fight scene HBO has planned next season
Also even if they burnt the corpse, couldn't he just go full lich king undead dragon?
>>
>>86665687
If anybody knows how to do it I would love to see the searches/youtube clicks for anything related to Arthas raising Sindragosa today

I bet it's an astronomical raise
>>
>>86662302
Fire goes out before it reaches him
>>
Why cant Danny just shit out another Dragon?
>>
>>86676565
He was close to leveling and needed a bit more exp.
>>
couldn't they just go near the wall and kill a criminal who's sentenced to death?

>the night king has to ressurect him himself
that's weird, because i recall jon asking for the dead to be burned or else they would turn
>>
Aside from the dumb plotholes, what made the ep worse is that it was so painfully predictable. For fucks sake they could've at least written it such that they don't explicitly state their master plan of escape to Gendry.

Better:
>Gendry gets separated from the group because of [reason]
>Episode ends with the group getting trapped in the ice as usual
>Next episode shows Gendry getting back to the wall, saying that he needs to send a raven
>By the end of the episode Dany comes in to save the day as usual, but this time with at least some semblance of surprise.
>>
>>86677225
She already said she can't have children m8.
She was given those 3 dragon eggs in season 1 when she was with Kal Drogo
>>
>>86677319
hbo wants them to hurry up.
>>
>>86677319
NO
FUCKING
TIME
>>
>>86677319

>Gendry gets separated from the group because of [reason]
>Queue back to the group getting trapped in the ice as usual
>Jorah mentions if they could only take out the Night's King they'd all dissapear
>Zoom in on the hill above the Night's King
>It's Gendry, hammer in hand
>Gendry leaps off the mountain with a great roar identical to roberts
>Smashes the Night's King into pieces and saves the day

There you go HBO, I just saved you the expense of another season.
>>
>>86662302
>i would make perfect decisions in all situations
Can I watch you play any competitive video game and see how shit all of your decisions are?

Better yet just kill yourself.
>>
File: 1499510351450.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1499510351450.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>86666913
>>yumogweygwyfaigeezao
>>
>>86677335
karls baby was deformed and described like a dragon.
you sure?
>>
>>86678113
That was a blood magic curse to kill the baby not a dragon.
>>
>>86678169
oic oic
>>
>>86662302
>tfw one good archer could end the series
>>
>have more than one ice spear
>have him and two of the other WW throw at the dragons at the same time

I'm sure even one of the mooks could hit a dragon that literally sitting in one spot
>>
>>86678444
Dont forget that WW are playing 42D chess
>>
>>86667174
It's a metaphor, get it?
>>
>>86668467
I'd get chills. Probably would sweat a little too.
>>
>>86662400
>dragon fire
>a substance

imbecile
>>
>>86665687
Honestly the final scene should have been him with his army behind him as he walks towards the water and then stops and slowly raises his arms....and moments later the dragon shatters the ice as it comes back from the dead.
>>
How it should have happened:

>Jon&Co are surrounded by wights
>Night's King is looking down upon them doing that stupid Randy Orton pose
>The army of the dead closes in on them
>Suddenly, silence.
>Everybody stops
>Then, in the distance, the faint sound of drums
>THUD THUD THUD
>Whispers from the dead, He is come, he is come
>A horn sounds, gold and black banners unfurl from beyond the forest
>All around, cavalry surround and massacre the army of the dead
>Thoros' dead corpse stands up and rips off the mask on his face
>It was Stannis the entire time
>>
>>86676100
The non meme answer is that he was clearly getting sucked into the battle and thought he had a chance to be the hero and kill the Night King. I think he saw an opening he wasn't sure they would get again and dove in, expecting the dragons to give him the best shot he would probably get.
>>
>>86676297
There are legitimate complaints about this episode but half of the shit you listed is completely fine.
>>
>>86677086
>Also even if they burnt the corpse, couldn't he just go full lich king undead dragon?
Considering that for the entire series, the solution has been "burn the bodies" I don't think it works like that.
>>
>>86668004
Kek. Your wife cucked you so now you're on 4chan talking shit to some 14year old.
Big man.
No woman will ever love you again.
>>
>>86678960
i was thinking this the whole time. it would have been so much better.
>>
>>86676533
Hmm I thought he was supposed to be some kind of grizzled and experienced outdoorsman, yet he goes and gets drunk after being mauled by a bear and in sub zero temperatures. Can't be bad writing right?
>>
>>86665686
It would be about 7mins of footage
>>
>>86680260
he knew he was gonna die at that point and so he decided to enjoy himself. If you get mauled by a polar bear in the middle of the the fucking tundra with no way of getting back to a warm bed and someone to fix you up, you're gonna die. Hell if you get a scratch in the tundra that gets infected, you're gonna die. He knew he was dead the moment he became injured beyond the wall, out of all the problems in this episode that isn't one of them
>>
>>86680260
he's a fucking priest who gets drunk, he's never been an "outdoorsman" and when he was in the brotherhood he basically stole everything he needed, nowhere in his history is he said to be an "outdoorsman," he's a city slicker
>>
>>86666945
>>86667060
>>86676847
These are glorious, more.
>>
File: cw4mk1zwsaa4ags.jpg (51KB, 650x374px) Image search: [Google]
cw4mk1zwsaa4ags.jpg
51KB, 650x374px
>>86679270
>tfw somebody uses my term
>>
>>86662977
How would the undead giants cross the ice when a mass of regular wights broke it?
>>
Why didnt he at least just kill Jon? He must know who he is and he could still get a dragon. The hero king would be gone and the north would be even easier ro invade.
>>
File: 1503295404964.jpg (203KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503295404964.jpg
203KB, 1400x600px
>>86666945
>>86676847
>>
is CIA WW's agent?
>>
>>86681403
>giant bellyflops into the lake
>water splash washes those fags away
>they freeze to death
>>
Anyone mention how close the WWs are to the wall? This really fucks with the already fucked up time lines. By the time jon and co. get back to KL the walkers will be well into the north.
>>
File: UNCLE_Chan.jpg (59KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
UNCLE_Chan.jpg
59KB, 500x374px
>>86665220
>Magic must defeat magic
>>
>>86681736
Slow and steady
>>
>the team goes north of the whole
>meanwhile bran was randomly scouting through warging in a bird
>knows/see jon is going to get rekt at one point
>warg into one of the dragons and rush there
>daenarys see one of her dragon acting weird and leaving and she follows him on another dragon
>bran/dragon cover jon and daenarys realizes what the fuck is happening
>she can save jon but bran/dragon gets hit by the night king while covering them
There, that's how you do it, no teleportation, no bullshit. Credit to another anon in an earlier thread.
>>
>>86681516
kek
>>
>>86662302
he could've killed them all if he wanted to. he got his 1 dragon and he wants the wall more than him
>>
>>86666649
Why has this lamb strayed from reddit?
>>
>>86682040
dragons are intelligent creatures they probably can't be warged into
>>
>>86683988
Wildlings have a rule to not skinchange into people. So it's possible to skinchange into intelligent beings.
>>
>>86662535
>Benjen showed up out of nowhere for no reason

Dumb brainlet. Go back and watch the scene where Benjen meets Bran, what does he say?
The three eyed raven sent him. Hmm I wonder how Benjen figured out where Jon was this time
>>
>>86662302
They were paying their respects to him for not blowing them fhe fuck out with a spear. Mutual respect.
>>
>>86684503
why didnt the three eyed raven tell benjen to deflect the night king's spear then?

why didnt the three eyed raven tell benjen to tell jon not to try to capture the wigh because it was a stupid plan that was going to get a dragon killed?
>>
Anyone else felt like the whitewakers and zombies felt way less scary this episode?

The zombies felt like they aren't zombies anymore but some sentient slave army that look like skeletons. And they can't even swim??

Also, the whitewakers dont look as calm and mysterious as before.
>>
>>86666148
Where did this shitty rule come from?

People became wights just because they died north of the wall, no one fucking turned them before.
>>
>>86684734
They can see the present, not the future retard.
>>
Can someone post the gif of Hound throwing a rock?
>>
>>86684758
We and the characters are getting used to them
>>
>>86684816
>it can tell you exactly where and when you need to be to make a difference
>because convience
>it can alter your past to guide you to a specific purpose for a specific event in the future
>because convience
>but it totally can only see the present though

The powers are purposefully vague to serve the plot whenever conveniënt.
You cannot base your arguments on absolutes.
>>
>>86684734
Because the dragon needed to die so Jon and Dany can fall in wuv.
>>
>>86683988
Bran warged into Hodor every day for years
>>
>>86685161
Rewatched the Hardhome battle today.
They were still very imposing and mysterious then, and we know little more about them now than we did then.
>>
File: 1502747059531.png (573KB, 621x672px) Image search: [Google]
1502747059531.png
573KB, 621x672px
>Jon is submerged in freezing water for a good 30 seconds
>Keeps his soaking wet clothes on
>Somehow survives the hours long ride back to the wall
>>
>>86685461
Stark Blood
>>
>>86685622
Dragon blood
>>
>>86665687
The cgi eye looked so fkn bad
>>
>>86685461
I especially like how the multiple undead warriors who were dragging him down... Let him go, I guess?
>>
>>86685461
Why do you think he's called Jon SNOW?
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>86685461
well, you know, he is as melly sanders said: "ice"
>>
>>86685351
exactly
>>
>>86685461
how about
>jamie falls into bottom of lake with 100 pound armor
>somehow submerges 50 km away without drowning
>>
>all the autists itt
lmao just turn off your brain bro
>>
>>86671297
Warging and greensight ain't the same thing, that's why Bran is such a snowflake, because he has both
>>
File: 1497259896773.jpg (78KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
1497259896773.jpg
78KB, 492x559px
>people think the NK can be killed by dragon fire
>>
>>86685461
Targs are immune to ice now as well.
>>
>>86686128

How exactly do you know he can't, Gayboy?
>>
>>86684734

are you retarded dude? he can see in the past and the present (anywhere) but not the future

kys
>>
File: 1483959298824.png (568KB, 792x535px) Image search: [Google]
1483959298824.png
568KB, 792x535px
>>86686236
I've done the science.
>>
>>86679270
>stupid Randy Orton pose
Kek, makes it even better that NK probably hears voices in his head and is psycholinked to Bran
>>
>>86686236
whitewalkers and their weapons emit so much cold that they are invulnerable to fire
>>
>>86685461

>Dany gets swallowed by flames
>Just walks away naked
>>
>>86686042
>>86685461
It's a fantsy show with dragons and zombies and MAGIC. Obviously the water acts differently too. Just turn your brains off haha like just enjoy the show haha.
>>
>"Jon, Dany and the dragons are here. Let's go."
>"In a minute, gotta kill some more zombies and look cool for the camera"
>"Jon, seriously. Get the fuck on the dragon and stop being a video game character for once
>"No. This is my moment. shut up and let me be a walking cliche for a few more minutes"
>"Fuck it. Let's get out of here"

>few hours later

>"Oh my god Jon you're back and alive"
>>
>>86687927
Remember how quickly gold melts as well.
>>
>>86678898
dragon fire is the hottest metal known to man
>>
>>86682382
the series has become reddit though. i have to accept all of the things i said to continue watching it
>>
>>86688789
*dragonforce
FTFY
>>
>>86686307
thats how black holes are made
duh
>>
>>86689013
>red+blue=black
American education, everyone!
>>
Why did the trek way out into the North to get a wight?
Why didn't they just put a dead body in a cage and take it to the wall and wait for it to turn?
>>
>>86665597
>Calls someone an autist
>Has the most autistic post in the thread
It's like poetry. Bravo.
>>
>>86689225
why would the NK animate people south of the wall before invading
>>
>>86662699
Why didn't they just kill someone at the wall inside a cage and leave them to turn into a wight?
>>
>>86689487
He did it before in Castle Black.
>>
>>86662745
>>86689487
But people just turn to wights anyway without NK involvement
>>
>>86689610
because dying doesn't automatically turn you into a wight
>>
>>86686307

Space itself is cold so the sun made of lava wouldn't be able to exist in the first place
>>
>>86689610
Because its apparent this raiding party is the only idea they could come up with to tie the male protagonists together with an action to show how Mad Queen Cersie is #1 bad buy. The NK will have an inconsequential ending, the explanation he was created by the CoTF is as much as we'll get
>>
File: nissa nissa.jpg (124KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
nissa nissa.jpg
124KB, 574x600px
>>86662302
only azor ahai with lightbringer can defeat the NK
so it is foretold
>>
>>86689683
yes it does u dumb fuck, anything north of the wall turns
>>
>>86689653
he was getting info or trying to kill the lord commander
>>
Serious question: Who was the guy that fell off the edge and got devoured by white walkers as Jon looked on with a sad face?
I didn't recognize his face at all and it was over in a flash. Just a random member of the Night's Watch who joined them to carry supplies?
>>
>>86689683
But didn't some guy turn into one early on in the series and try to kill commander Mormont? Plus everyone panics and insists on burning the bodies asap
>>
>>86689836
>anything north of the wall turns
hold on don't turn yet, i need to burn your body first!

kys
>>
>if you kill this one person, everyone else will also die at once
I really hate this trope.
>>
File: javelin vs scorpion.jpg (206KB, 1612x900px) Image search: [Google]
javelin vs scorpion.jpg
206KB, 1612x900px
>>86666945
>>
File: 65657u.gif (891KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
65657u.gif
891KB, 300x199px
>where were giants
>what happened to the other bear
>what happened to the third dragon
>why does winter look harsher in winterfell than beyond the wall
>why did everyone & everything dramatically stop when viserion got iced
>why did nk wait for so long to hit drogon
>all those deus ex machinas
>why did jon want to give away his sword IN THE MIDDLE OF A COMMANDO MISSION
>how convenient, exactly one zombie didn't self destruct
>why did jorah fight with kitchen knife-tier daggers
>the eternally frozen lake cracks under 7 people but is tough enough to hold 10,000 zombies just 12 hours later
i'm tired, lads.
>>
File: hey guys.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hey guys.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys it's me the Night King.

I just resurrected a dragon and gave it magic blue eyes!

Ain't I just an original character?
>>
>>86688947
Gave a good chuckle, have a (You)
>>
>>86690039
Othor attacking Mormont was some sort of mission to weaken the night's watch. Othor dies and gets animated by an other and plays dead until he's brought back to castle black.

They burn the bodies so they can't be brought back
>>
File: IMG_6309.jpg (190KB, 499x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6309.jpg
190KB, 499x380px
>>86690294
>>
>>86668004
hey sadcunt get your ass to /fit/
>>
>>86667514
was that logic established at any point before the last episode? because we saw people turn just because they died beyond the wall.

the newly adapted mothership-nonsense seems to me like dabid are looking for an easy way out when dealing woth defeating the others in season 8
>>
>>86690886
>because we saw people turn just because they died beyond the wall
no we didn't
>>
>>86668467
Season 8 is coming. So that's not it.
>>
>>86691023
rewatch the pointy end
>>
>>86666945

Honestly I'm pretty impressed by the perspective on that mspaint horse in comparison to the rest of the drawings.
>>
>>86662302
Anyone who's still defending this show's "writing" is just trolling at this point.
Unironically just turn your brain off and enjoy the CGI.
>>
>>86666666
>>
>>86691446
see >>86690381
>>
explain to me what cersei still has that they actually need to come up with this ridiculous "capture a zombie plan" to acquire her help ( >actually believing she would help them ) 1 zombie clegane, mad scientis and euron with his few boats. Sneaking into kings.landing and eliminating cersei would make more sense ( which they did anyway but to 'negotiate'). This episode was just ridiculous but it all began with one of the more reasonable guys coming up.with the silliest of plans.

whatever.though its still fun enough just not what i initially signed up for. 1 ep left and maybe even shorter season 8 heres hoping we might get books now ?????
>>
File: Frozen Brain Tactics.png (926KB, 1162x681px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Brain Tactics.png
926KB, 1162x681px
>>86681516
>>
>>86691804
wew
>>
File: 1488887219886.jpg (82KB, 316x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488887219886.jpg
82KB, 316x372px
Why is Jon such a retard ? They could've just executed someone near the wall and waited for the corpse to come back to life.
Also
>muh useless fight on the lake so I can slow everyone down and get captured like a bitch
>>
>>86692665
Was he really trying to demoralize them by showing that he can hit the farthest moving target ... rendering their advantage moot?

There's an end-game to his madness ... otherwise it's utter crap
>>
>>86692665
>get the heart of a dragon or the wing of one

Besides this is all part of his masterplan
>>
>>86693281
You're ignoring the fact that this entire plan was to convince Cersei to join them in fighting these white walkers on the basis of showing her an undead when her personal bodyguard already is one
>>
>>86662302
The White Walkers can't be burned by fire you retarded twat.
>>
>>86693281
>They could've just executed someone near the wall and waited for the corpse to come back to life.

Wait, that's not how it works is it?
>>
>>86662498
Because thy have established so many times in the show. Pay attention next time.
>>
>>86694157
Why do they burn corpses ? Seems like they retconned a lot of shit though
>>
>>86694194
I thought that was to prevent them from coming back in the future? I really don't know, I haven't watched since S5 andneed to catch up
>>
>>86662535
>I actually laughed when Benjen showed up out of nowhere for no reason and then died a heroic death also for no reason as Jon acted entirely out of character, that was the icing on the cake.
I agree dude that was beyond autistic. Also the conversation Arya has with Sansa when she gives her the third degree about the raven scroll, the dialogue was SO FUCKING BAD in that scene.. just holy shit.

Wew lad. I'm glad there's only one season left this show has gone completely off the rails, it's pretty terrible and nearly unwatchable at this point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLW0AzxwXU4
>>
That's probably the tiniest problem with the horrid writing in that shitty episode.

Here's a question few people ask, why didn't he spear Jon earlier? If he was baiting the dragons, why did he eventually send out the wights without knowing if they were coming?
>>
>>86676263

Are you really trying to make sense of this retarded plot that only exists as an excuse to kill CIA?
He doesnt even benefit at all from this bullshit, no matter the outcome.
>>
>>86662535
Look man. There are like six episodes left and a ton of characters they need to kill. He's lucky he didn't die offscreen.
>>
what exactly is the plan now? Are they going to simply walk into king's landing hoping cersei isn't gonna behead them all?

Fuck why couldn't they just end the show on 7th season it's obvious how this shit gonna end. So they deal with bad cersei now jamie probably goes out with her then they unite westeros and fight common enemy white walkers. They defeat walkers with couple major characters sacrifices. Sam and Gilly live happily ever after the end.
>>
>>86668290
not the person you were replying to, but now I'm gonna have to spend all night researching 'esotericism' in a desperate attempt to find any meaning in my life before I kill myself.
>>
>>86668484
Of course you think that, this season is fucking pleb fantasy thrash like the 5 preciding it and regardless of what you think of WoW their cinematics are goddamn great.
>>
>>86668755
A dead dragon being taken out of its frozen lake tomb and turned into a blue eyed zombie?

Sure you dumbass kid.
>>
>>86662302
>Gendry manages to Point daenarys, who doesnt know anything about the north, to the exact spot where he doesnt know the others are
>Nobody considers taking toros as Wight
>The night king has a set of dragon pulling chain lying around just in case and has a diver team present to attach them
>>
>>86697896
Literally the only way to explain it is that the Night King is a greenseer and knows exactly what's going to happen but that's giving the writers too much credit as they have shown time and again what you see is what you get.
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.