[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this actually a bad movie or just overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: fightmen.jpg (391KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fightmen.jpg
391KB, 720x1080px
Is this actually a bad movie or just overrated?
>>
>>86656702
Neither.
>>
Why is it always associated with reddit?
>>
>>86656893
Anything popular often is.
>>
>>86656702
It's a good movie but the fan base is generally obnoxious and don't understand that it is satire.
>>
>>86656893
Calling things "Reddit" is the new rule 1&2

If you never advertise 4chan it will magically stop being popular
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-222519.jpg (141KB, 646x652px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-222519.jpg
141KB, 646x652px
Was it supposed to like like he's holding a cock and I've missed it this entire time?
>>
it's like christopher nolan in that people don't want to admit to liking something so popular and well-liked so they shit on it even though they probably enjoy it themselves
>>
The problem is that people dig too deep to find substance that isn't there. It's a good flick if taken at face value.
>>
>>86656893
Because it's extremely popular among MRA subreddits.
>>
Have you guys watched Netflix's ReBirth? Its like fight pleb but way better
>>
It's an okay movie, it's just embarrassingly edgy like all of Palahniuk's work. It has a reputation for being popular among "dude fuck the system I'm such a rebel" types.
>>
>>86657727
>>86658192

What about the whole masculinity crisis and the mega corporations not caring about you plus the lack father figures themes? They are more subtle and deep in my opinion. Anti consumerism and anarchism are just the surface
>>
File: 51WY9SHGC5L.jpg (43KB, 327x475px) Image search: [Google]
51WY9SHGC5L.jpg
43KB, 327x475px
>>86658706
Other movies tackle the masculinity crisis thing better. The corporations thing is kind of a "no shit" thing that mature people just accept.
>>
Palahniuk is Nietzsche for normalfags
>>
something about fight club that annoys me is how numales disregard EVERYTHING from tyler and brand 100% of the film as satire

the final message is one of finding balance, not blatantly ignoring everything about masculinity and consumerism
>>
>>86656702
It's a great film that you grow out of as an adult.
>>
File: 1488790459871.jpg (3MB, 1816x5276px) Image search: [Google]
1488790459871.jpg
3MB, 1816x5276px
>>86656702
It's a patrician film
>>
>>86658706
Man those are some deep themes.
>>
>>86659056
Shut the fuck up. This movie is objectively awful.
>>
>>86661316
Better than the themes of the talmud
>>
>>86656702
It's a good movie.
>>
It's a great movie, but most people are put off by how literal and serious (r)edditors and edgelords take it.

It's almost perfect if you watch it with the expectation that it's just for entertainment, not some kind of wake up call to change your life.
>>
>>86656702
it's ok but it also attracts tons of closet homosexuals who think it's genius
>>
>>86657169
It's things that are popular but not THAT popular that always get associated with Reddit.
>>
>>86661316
>>86661316
What about the one about Marla representing the disruption of the motherly woman in jack's life being the source of his frustration with her. Even the supports group woman speaks in a motherly tone while as Marla is what a normal woman actually is like. And what about the whole Tyler Durden tricking you into thinking he is cool and edgy while basically becoming a business man utilizing beta faggots as his personal workforce,just as bad as the corporations.
And what do you think of the early appeareances of tyler portraying the best reaction to post modernism and all the current shit storm we are living world wide, stepping aside, letting go, stop caring, let the chips fall where they may. Not to mention that Jack not giving a fuck about social norms and sperging out in his underwear in the final scenes is what actual masculinity /alphaness is like. Pretty deep to me.
>>
>>86657830

that's the fucking problem its a great film but its a literally another starship troopers, you're not supposed literally idolize these shitty characters ideals..
>>
>>86662117

You got it totally wrong. He's upset with Marla because she's ruining his gig, that's literally it. It shows you how petty both of them are when they argue with each other about splitting workshops. Did you come here from reddit?
>>
I just wanted to add that the moment you start self inserting or relating with the characters is when you've missed the whole point of the movie.
>>
The last part was absolutely garbage and Carter fucking sucks.
>>
>>86659230
Nietzsche is Nietzsche for normalfags. That's not to denigrate Nietzsche, it's just to say that you haven't been to a university.

>>86661316
Can I subscribe to your newsletter?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.