[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would you cast as Judge Holden?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: Iwillneverdie.jpg (60KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Iwillneverdie.jpg
60KB, 500x667px
Who would you cast as Judge Holden?
>>
Jesse Eisenberg.

Outside the box, bitches!
>>
File: kingpin1.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kingpin1.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>86654039
Vincent D'Onofrio, so he can ruin it with his bad acting.
>>
brando, if he was still alive
>>
Idris Elba, unironically
>>
The bald boss in Twin Peaks return
>>
>>86654134
THIS.
>>
File: Derek Mears.jpg (60KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
Derek Mears.jpg
60KB, 396x594px
>>86654289
His name is Derek Mears, and he'd be a great choice.
>>
>>86654134
>>86654384
He's a shitty actor and doesn't have the right voice.
>>
You can't film prose which most the beauty of Blood Meridian is.
>>
>>86654957

The Road proved that McCarthy is not adaptable.
>>
>>86654392
>>86654289
pretty good choice.
>>
File: 1503268952077.jpg (61KB, 1206x723px) Image search: [Google]
1503268952077.jpg
61KB, 1206x723px
This dude, filmed by the Coen brothers. Enough said
>>
someone who was already bald, obviously.
>>
A colourful animated version would be better
>>
>>86654957
Should be a mini series
>>
File: pawn-stars-rich_240[1].jpg (30KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
pawn-stars-rich_240[1].jpg
30KB, 240x320px
>>
File: John Carroll Lynch Zodiac film.jpg (142KB, 585x332px) Image search: [Google]
John Carroll Lynch Zodiac film.jpg
142KB, 585x332px
>>
>>86654957
Everyone should speak without pauses or commas as McCarthy intended the air was drier than his mothers pussy and twice as rank the horse came in and asked for a drink and I said why the long face he just looked at me and said do you like childrens books and I said sure and he said here's one for you made a horse noise and left leaving behind a giant steaming pile of greenish shit and only after he was gone did I realize it was whinny the poo
>>
Ralph fiennes
>>
>>86655054
>no country for old men

Anyway id maybe pick Locke from lost
>>
Holden is more than a big hairless guy. He'd need an incredible amount of screen presence to be done right, which I think very few living actors could do justice to.

Maybe Marlon Brando.
>>
So, having read the book recently, can someone help me grasp what Holden is?

Is he literally an avatar of God/War?
>>
>>86654134
He's a shit actor and the Judge was supposed to be insanely charming, not a creep.
>>
How many times do we have to go over this? Judge Holden is near impossible to cast. Everyone is simply suggesting a bald white dude to play him when the Judge is supposed to look unworldly as fuck. Not only that but he's supposed to be charismatic and incredibly enigmatic. To truly cast the Judge you'll need to have the actor wear heavy makeup and prosthetics. The judge is supposed to look like a giant man-baby. The only person i can think that is even remotley close to playing Judge is Glenn Fleshler (The guy who played the final boss in True Detective)

With that being said I think the kid should be played by pic related.
>>
James Franco already ruined the idea of a Blood Meridian move.

Just be glad the book doesn't have a mediocre adaption
>>
>>86654039
Illustrations would be cool, kind of that picture
>>
File: 150904-stern-depp_beu7i4[1].jpg (133KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
150904-stern-depp_beu7i4[1].jpg
133KB, 1200x632px
Johnny Depp
>>
>>86660370
Seriously this, we should be thankful there is no movie. They would fuck it up to high hell. Doesn't matter who directs it, the book is simply too insane to be adapted into a visual medium, especially with today's social climate.

The book feels like you're reading a nightmare. To make it corporeal would make it lose part of what makes it so great.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.