[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to discuss Objectivism in Man of Steel. Someone posted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1492371190580.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492371190580.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
I want to discuss Objectivism in Man of Steel. Someone posted some interesting insight into the film's apparent Randian leanings in this thread >>86620620 and I'd like to continue that discussion. Please, keep it civil.

What makes Zack Snyder's Superman a "Randian hero"? Where does Krypton fall into this philosophy? Is it selfish to protect Earth because you love your mother?
>>
It's objectively boring and Cavill cannot act.
>>
>>86651441
REKT
>>
>>86651441
fpbp
>>
>>86651441
I'm sorry you feel that way. What makes the film boring for you? And I disagree, he can act, just watch Immortals or Man From UNCLE.

>>86651529
Not an argument.
>>
File: zack-snyder.jpg (43KB, 360x287px) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder.jpg
43KB, 360x287px
>>86651441

What mystifies me is that Cavill can act, he just can't do it in Snyder movies. What was going on on the set? Is Snyder just crouched behind a camera shouting,

>"Henry, less emotion!"
>"You're giving me heroic, what we want here is a mixture between angry and confused."
>"We're going to need a re-take on that one, I think I saw you smile for a second. Yep, no, you were definitely smiling."
>>
File: 1468518907506.png (148KB, 455x413px) Image search: [Google]
1468518907506.png
148KB, 455x413px
Why do these threads always devolve into shitposting?
>>
If superman has no limits does he need to work out
>>
>>86652206
Because Snyderfags are stupid anough to think capeshit could be deep
>But Muh mature graphic novels!
they have time and generally have multiple parts...its very hard to condense deep ideas in a 2 hour movie AND need to put some action to please the comic book fans.

Even movies like the dark knight trilogy and watchmen give actually simple messages.
>>
>>86652704
Snyder is a known Objectivist, and his films tend to be highly thematic and visual. Why is it a stretch to assume that his films are more than just surface-level?
>>
File: C24jXVUXcAEP0LH.jpg (69KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
C24jXVUXcAEP0LH.jpg
69KB, 598x792px
>>86651441
>>86651529
>>86651622
>>86651747
>>86652704
*heavy indian accent*It's objectively boring and Cavill cannot act.
>>
Are you skme sort of fucking retarded knuckle dragging dickless nigger?
>>
>>86651420
I don't think there's much truly Objectivist about Snyder's Superman beyond him believing there's objective right and wrong and believes heroism is something that comes from within instead of a responsibility you're burdened with by society.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.