[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Meshuggah of films?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (281KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
281KB, 1000x667px
>>
grimes
>>
Something extraordinarily-complex, that's both beautiful and brutal, that normies won't get.

Primer.
>>
I read an interview with them in guitar world once. Apparently they write music before they even know if it's humanly possible to play it and it just forces them to get better. I've only heard a few of their songs off their 2008 album so I don't know what to compare them too. I should probably listen to them again
>>
metal is for children
>>
>>86650455
Obzen
Koloss
The Violent Sleep of Reason
>>
>>86650483
i like metal because it has a high ceiling, as far as genres go

there is potential to write great songs within the confines of metal
>>
>>86650236
Good call
>>
>>86650161
BvS
>>
>>86650572
Come on man

Chaosphere
Destroy Erase Improve
Catch Thirty Three (their best)

Koloss would be great if they didn't fuck up the mastering so badly
>>
>>86650673
agreed. but I think the stuff I posted is a good way to ease into the band.
>>
>>86650161
maybe hard to be a god or some other russian flick, like cargo 200
>>
File: Master-and-Commander.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Master-and-Commander.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
Because women don't get either
>>
>>86650161
A band that did its own thing and has been copied a lot by other bands (and by themselves, considering half of their albums sound exactly the same, and most of the songs on said albums also sound alike), and while somewhat unusual and complex, they're not THAT out there and their fans are insufferable and greatly overstate the band's complexity?
A slightly more unusual Tarantino, I guess. Although Tarantino has more diversity in his filmography than 'Shuggah has in its discography.
Meshuggah as the Tarantino of music seems fitting.

>>86650236
>extraordinarily-complex... that normies won't get
Calm down now. It's not that crazy in the greater musical scheme of things and Meshuggah is normie metal just a tier below Metallica and Maiden in accessibility.

What do the Meshuggah fans ITT think of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOGTKLSSKU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLiR5QKQ44U
This might seem kind of smug because of the rest of my post, but I'm genuinely wondering what you think.
>>
>>86650455
I initially didn't like them but now love their shit. So many good, heavy ass songs.
>>
Oy Vey, I would say the fine films of Woody Allen are quite Meshuggah
>>
Kubrick is the closest I think, something like 2001
Something cold, emotion-less, mechanical and extremely controlled but also beautiful
>>
>>86650236
haha
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.