[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_3608.png (341KB, 502x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3608.png
341KB, 502x751px
Why don't people like her and how can Disney fix that?

What did Wonder Woman do right that the Force Awakens did wrong in regards to its female protagonist?
>>
character development is one of them
>>
>>86648145
>What did Wonder Woman do right that the Force Awakens did wrong in regards to its female protagonist?

Sympathize with Diana and didn't let her go "I can take care of myself!!".
>>
>>86648145
>What did Wonder Woman do right that the Force Awakens did wrong in regards to its female protagonist?
Chris Pine was the love interest.
>>
>>86648145
Disney won't do anything. Most people love Rey and it's BECAUSE she's a shitty character. Mary Sue feminist icons are in right now
>>
>>86648145
Luke knockoff but better in every way.
You can smell the entitlement of the target audience a mile away.
>>
>>86648145
To quote Mr Plinkett

"WHY DOSEN'T ANYONE WANNA FUCK ANYONE?"

I think one of the major differences were love.
>>
>>86648145
Wait, is this real? Is this the new outfit she has? Movie will be shit but that's aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>86648145

Was wonder woman actually good? The one consistently good thing I keep hearing is that the love interest/love story was great. Pretty much a better version of captain America and peggy. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>86648145
They cut all the scenes about her character flaws.
it was clear from her early scenes that she was intended to be full of hubris, stubborn, abrasive and arrogant, but someone had the pay off scenes cut, so she looks like a colossal Sue.

It would be easy to Blame Kennedy for this, so that's precicely what I'll do.
>>
>>86648145
>Why don't people like her and how can Disney fix that?

She is universally beloved outside of /tv/ you basement dweller
>>
>>86648550
Anon, honest trailers even called her a Mary Sue.
They're about the biggest plebs pretending to be edgy on the internet.
>>
>>86648145
She's a mary sue.
>>
>>86648406
Its retarded just like you cunt.
>>
>>86648612
but, MUH STARWARS.
Reminder that they are planning a Jabba the hutt movie spinoff.
>>
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HER HEAD!!!
>>
Surely the new Ewoks will make people love her

https://youtu.be/pszDixb_ZqQ
>>
>>86648550

>Do you like Rey in Star Wars
meh, she's fine

>Do you like Finn in Star Wars
meh, he's fine

is the opinion of the vast vast majority of people
>>
>>86648498
Wonder woman got the best love interest and romance of any capeshit easily but thats because her boyfriend is pretty much a co protagonist instead of a random poor developed character to complete the generic formula like MCU always do.
>>
>>86648145

Because kids don't care about Star Wars in the 2010's

They have the Avengers, Marvel, Disney, Video games...

Star Wars OT was amazing because there was nothing else like it. Nu Star Wars is just more of the same and is only hyped by the previous generations.
>>
>>86648145
>>
File: Rey and Luke.jpg (367KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rey and Luke.jpg
367KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>
>>86648145

Permit me to speak as a fa/tg/uy for a moment.

Imagine the events of Episode IV are part of a RPG campaign module.
A New Hope is a game that features a well balanced party of adventurers. Luke, Han, Chewie, Obi Wan, Leia, R2, 3pO. They generally fit into archetypical roles like rogue, wizard, fighter, cleric, etc. More importantly, they compliment each others' skills and abilities and function as a team. They're all at different power levels, but each one is important, so much so that if any had been missing, their quest would have failed. The unseen GM of A New Hope matches the players against enemies and situations that challenge them, and does a good job of keeping stakes high and the events moving forward. The game is exciting, players are invested, and at the end, the victory feels earned and everyone feels like they contributed something to the campaign.

The Force Awakens is the same module played by a party that includes the GM's girlfriend.
>>
>>86648145
>how can Disney fix that?
By becoming Felicity Jones
>>
File: 1486474182878.jpg (2MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1486474182878.jpg
2MB, 2000x3000px
She's not Jyn or played by Felicity Jones, so there's no hope for Rey or Daisy.
>>
>>86648746
This post failed on every level.
>>
>>86649633
please critique in a constructive way
>>
>>86648350
lol this

she's one of the few things people actually like about tfa
>>
>>86648145
Wondie didn't know everything and one-up everyone in every situation she was a naive fish out of water making comical mistakes and learning new things while also still being able to fuck people's shit in because she's a superhuman Chosen One whereas Rey basically doesn't do any of that except fuck people's shit in because she's the Chosen One but that isn't indicated so instead she's just a remarkably omnicompetent normal person who seems overwritten because they didn't give their master of all domains character that special "out" to excuse their dominance.
>>
>>86649746
you and I both know you don't believe that anon
>>
>>86649614
Why is she wearing a painting?
>>
File: 1487436484875.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1487436484875.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>86650028
Because.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-005811.jpg (893KB, 1410x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-005811.jpg
893KB, 1410x1100px
>>
How can anyone defend this?
>>
>>86649674
Kill yourself.
>>
>>86650318
>Rey being interrogated
>her powers start going off like crazy and she doesn't understand what's going on, can be felt through the whole station as she gets more and more upset and scared
>Han, Chewie, and Finn find her by moving towards where the vibrations are coming from

Scene fixed. Rey gets to uncover her Force powers, the peanut gallery going in there to save her isn't pointless, Rey gets a human moment, Kylo can even get accidentally btfo by the feedback, etc
>>
>>86648145

Diana's way more sympathetic and likeable than Rey is. She's cleary strong and capable but the movie doesn't beat us over the head with it nor feels like it has to demean the male lead in order to drive home how strong the female protagonist is.

The dynamic between Diana and Steve is more balanced than Rey and Finn. What does it say that Wonder Woman was directed by a woman and TFA was directed by a man?
>>
>>86650594
>muh damsel in distress trope
Fuck off, idiot. YOu bitch about formulaic movies and when star wars FINALLY bucks the trend where she can save herself YOU BITCH ABOUT THAT TO
>>
>>86650594
That's wicked dumb.

They could have just had her learn through time and desperation how to unlock the restraints with the force, and then sucker-punch the guard.

Not perfect, but way more believable, and without some "my power level rocks the station" bullshit.
>>
>>86651091
>What does it say that Wonder Woman was directed by a woman and TFA was directed by a man?

Women are talented writers now, deal with it.
>>
>>86651264
No they wanted to show that she's a Force Demi-God and that serves the purpose while also giving her some human form of emotion.
>>
>>86648817
I like the porg and I also feel is if they will have more character depth than the rest of the cast. They also look cuddly
>>
>>86649490
This needs to be screenshotted and reposted in every TFA thread. Excellent way to put it, anon.
>>
File: 1502323687224.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1502323687224.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>86649490
>>
>>86651278
In addressing the article, why is this news? If I had a production team, where 70% of my employees ate shellfish, it wouldn't really be headline worthy; what do the chromosomes of the crew matter?

Second
>JJ Abrams
>man
Pick one
>>
>>86648145
i like her
>>
>>86649490
>>86652139
>>86652250
No one cares, samefag
>>
I always find it odd how those who hate Rey never seem to loathe Darth Vader quite as fucking much, even though his character was basically "oh he's a force god? i guess? midi-chlorians :)"

>but muh flaws
Face it, if Rey had been as flawed as everyone seems to expect her to be, you'd all be out here calling her a bitch. There isn't any way to win. Plenty of heroes of plenty of franchises are highly skilled with no explanation, and nobody kicks up much of a fuss. At least Rey has it better than most, wherein her skills are at least somewhat logical - her ability to pilot ships comes from a lifetime of working with them, her ability to fight comes from a lifetime of fending off hostiles on her harsh homeworld, she grew up hearing stories about Luke Skywalker and his abilities - when she discovers she's Force sensitive, she merely replicates what she knows. What she's seen Kylo do, even. And so on.

Speaking of Luke Skywalker, he isn't exactly a flawed individual but he turns out to be a Force god with amazing piloting skills when there's absolutely no basis for the latter. Hope you all hate him too.
>>
File: 1487050497073.webm (1MB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487050497073.webm
1MB, 480x600px
Everyone loves her
>>
>>86648145

Not sure why some don't like Rey, but I think the best part of Wonder Woman was the dynamic between her and Chris Pine.

WW was naive, but principled. Chris Pine was savvy but ended up doing more good with WW there to put him on the more heroic path. They both learned and changed from eachother in a positive way, making them both flawed with room to grow in some respects, but heros in others.

It wasn't a fake arbitrary flaw like say Marty McFly always doing dumb shit when somebody calls him chicken. They had flaws that were natural results of the premise of the movie and relevant to the plot.
>>
>>86649490
>The Force Awakens is the same module played by a party that includes the GM's girlfriend.
kek
>>
I believe the only way to save Rey is to make her a villain
>>
>>86648145

Luke took 3 movies to become a Jedi skilled enough to take on the Dark Side and he's canon strongest Jedi who ever existed. Rey had no troubles with anything at all. Everyone liked her, she figured things out immediately like how to fly the falcon, and even used the mind trick, despite having no prior training.

How do they fix her? they literally can't unless they start all over again. Her Mary Sue damage has been done and knowing Disney it won't stop.
>>
>>86654682
>canon strongest Jedi
>lost every fight and only survived Sheev because of Vader's change of heart
>>
>>86648145
WW actually had heroic qualities that were admirable.

Rey represents the typical self-entitled millenial mindset of "I'm good at a lot of things, I've been in a lot of places, people SHOULD love me" where achievements are measured in kikebook likes.
>>
File: 1399167279627.webm (3MB, 1000x427px) Image search: [Google]
1399167279627.webm
3MB, 1000x427px
>>86654682
As much as /tv/ hates it Star Wars is more than just the movies. Also Luke set up the plan to rescue Han and took down Vader with little effort.
>>
It's important for a character to experience struggle and hardship so that the audience can better relate to them and celebrate their victories.

She needs to lose something personal. Not some random guy she just met.

Also, it's kinda late, but they fucked up by making her more naturally gifted with the Force than anyone we've ever seen. I don't know how they can fix that except to maybe explain that she was trained as a child but forgot her past or something.
>>
>>86654954
Yes, in the third movie, after almost an entire movie spent training.

In the first movie he didn't do jack shit except for drop a bomb into an exhaust port, and that was built up to as a payoff to his expertise at killing sand rats or whatever.
>>
>>86652589
The ships thing is fine. The force powers and making friends with Han and Leia is bs. Kenobi was a jedi master and his mind trick thing was always hinted to be some high level spell. She just uses it all of a sudden? I don't even think that's physically possible in old canon. I mean it's a "mind trick" it probably required a bit of force control and practice to get it right no matter how in tune with the force you are.

Off the top of my head, problems with Rey:
>of all the things in the literal galaxy to run into she just happened to find the Millenium Falcon?
>Lack of any fucking training at all
>Her first cast is a high level spell, no starting with lifting objects or anything, just straight to the mind control
>Undeserved friendliness between her and the old crew. "Look all the old and new characters are friends with each other, are you happy goy"
>Leia goes straight to hug her at the end
>>
>still no daisy panty scenes/photoshoots
why! not even a swim suit wtf
>>
>>86654954
Fucked up that was for >>86654768 but nevermind.

>>86655186
That's what I said anon. Luke had to train his ass off to get gud but Rey does it as a hobby.

>>86655091
>I don't know how they can fix that except to maybe explain that she was trained as a child but forgot her past or something

I think that would be worse because then she would basically be a female Revan and that would cause one hell of a storm of shit.
>>
>>86655282
this if they want men to like daisy give us some underwear footage
>>
>>86648145

Rey is supposed to be the underdog while Wonder Woman is supposed to be the overdog. Rey didn't know anything about the Force and yet after a couple days she could beat Ren who's been trained by not one but 2 Jedi masters. So she comes off as more of a mary sue. Wonder Woman's strength was never in question. She's a amazon warrior naturally more powerful than any normal human. The fact that she still fights for normal humans is inspiring. But her journey was one of discovery. Learning that the world isn't as black and white like she thought. That's why we don't give her shit for being powerful because for her it's not about gaining power but what she does with it
>>
>>86650081
I want to fuck that bunny.
>>
File: 027-felicity-jones-theredlist.jpg (134KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
027-felicity-jones-theredlist.jpg
134KB, 800x1207px
>>86655488
Don't say such things.
>>
>>86650318
What she found out about the force a day or two before?
>>
>>86655400
Well said.
>>
>>86653744
This here pretty much covers it.
>>
File: Hansoloprofile.jpg (34KB, 499x630px) Image search: [Google]
Hansoloprofile.jpg
34KB, 499x630px
Sorta related, but is Han Solo ACTUALLY a good smuggler?

I don't think he is. All we knew is that he has the Falcon, which is very fast, he had those secret storage compartments, he dropped a shipment and ran from the Empire, shot some alien, fired like 1 shot during the Trench Run, flew into a giant asteroid worm's mouth, got caught and frozen in carbonite, got caught but luckily saved during a jungle moon attack, and kissed a princess.

Everyone AROUND Han seems to be capable of something, but he's just kinda there and occasionally helps.

Is he ACTUALLY any good at his chosen profession?
>>
>>86655247
>Leia goes straight to hug her at the end

that made me so mad. Not in a raging neckbeard way but more in a "this makes no sense" way.

Also knowing the millenium falcon better than han solo.
>>
>>86655247
Keep in mind that there's very, very little set in stone now after the great canon cull of 2014. Perhaps now it's possible for an individual who's Force sensitive to be a natural with certain aspects and not others, which would explain away why Rey managed the "mind trick," but still has to hone her Force abilities in general. Or... something. There's any number of acceptable ways that it could be explained, and as of right now, I don't believe there's anything currently canon that would contradict an explanation like that. She may be able to use the Force as is, and managed to use it in such a way as to be beneficial, but she's far from a master of it. It just comes naturally to her - like it came naturally to Anakin. The difference is that Anakin was trained by the Jedi order from a young age, so we never got to see if those abilities would've surfaced on his own terms when he was Rey's age. And... age aside, she was in a very unique situation too.

I do understand the issues you mention with the old crew, in particular the hug from Leia. Whilst it was a lovely moment, it would've made far more sense for Chewbacca to get that hug. However, that's... not a problem with Rey as a character, per se. That's a problem with how other characters were written in relation to her. By which I mean: if you isolated Rey and had to point out her flaws, that obviously wouldn't count because it covers something that occurs in the bigger picture and is representative of flaws with how other characters were written too.

As for the Millenium Falcon stuff... that's not a problem with her character. It's a problem with the story overall. But given the themes of destiny in Star Wars, are you really fucking surprised by such a convenient coincidence?

Honestly, I would only truly understand the outright hatred for Rey and her Mary Sue tendencies if the same people also hated Luke and Vader for similar reasons. But they don't.
>>
>>86648513

It's KK and her story group (which is full of women).

One of them said they outright saw Rey in herself when writing the character.
>>
I don't like the actress, she can't act and doesn't deserve to be in Star Wars.
>inb4 star wars always had bad actors
Not this kind of bad.
I also don't like how she's so over powered, compared to Luke who was just clueless and lucky in his first movie.
>>
>>86655676
Is Han Solo actually good at anything?
>cracks under the slightest pressure on the death star's prison
>is johnny-come-lately at battle of yavin, stealing glory
>cant even properly service and maintain the falcon in esb
>is easily duped and misled by lando and the empire
>can barely protect his waifu on endor

Outside of the Falcon stuff, he doesn't seem remarkable in anyway. Lando is as good, if not better, a pilot. And Mary Rey Sue is even better than either.

Seems like Han is just a jobber on all levels.
>>
>>86648145
Gal a cute, Daisy a shit
>>
Mara Jade canon for when?
Or she is too hot and heterosexual for Disney?
>>
>>86649490
>The Force Awakens is the same module played by a party that includes the GM's girlfriend.

10/10

Seen the exact same thing happen in actual pen and paper.

>perfect character
>no one else is needed
>everyone lets her do it because she has a vagina
>>
>>86649490
Fellow fa/tg/uy here. I liked TFA quite a bit but I still think you hit the nail on the head in terms of its problems.
>>
>>86657291
>Fellow fa/tg/uy here
>I like TFA quite a bit
Disgusting.
>>
>>86656665
>Mara Jade re-cannonized when?
>Or she is too hot and heterosexual for Disney?

Luke can't be gay with a red hot hottie assassin force user trying to kill him/get the D. So never.
>>
>>86656732
God I hate this.
In my current game going, the girl is the DM's gf, and she has the most OP stats and gear and loot, and he keeps giving her shit to the point she is beyond overpowered.
>>
Daisy isn't that attractive. Film is almost exactly the same as Episode IV. Rey somehow has the force and can use it instantly. Rey has Mary Sue Syndrome. Too many feminist moments. Daisy Ridley also can't act. (Seriously if the lead can't act, nor looks hot, you're fucked)

Disney fucked up and have already noticed NO ONE is buying Rey dolls, they requested more Kylo Ren for episode VIII and IX due to this. (confirmed)

They are probably going to rewrite IX to write her out more.
>>
>>86660632
>hey requested more Kylo Ren for episode VIII and IX due to this. (confirmed)
where was this confirmed?
>>
>>86648145
disney can make the male character male and also the nigger side character
>>
I like her in the move but she just looks terrible in all the promo art and shit
>>
>>86648145
Like all Disney movies, she's a Mary Sue with absolutely no character development.
>>
File: 1476444896331 - Copy.gif (220KB, 378x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476444896331 - Copy.gif
220KB, 378x364px
>>86649490
>>86656732
>>86660559

Imagine stating Rey as a Player Character
>Strength: enough to overpower two thugs and later, Kylo Ren
>Dexterity: enough to bullsye stormtroopers with a blaster at range (no training), pilot the falcon like an ace (no training and a two-person job), sword fight and defeat a skilled opponent (no training), and climb/rappel with ease
>Constitution: enough to resist mental torture, enough to recover from physical damage due to being Force-thrown into a tree
>Intelligence: enough to be able to repair and modify the Falcon on the fly, speak several languages (wookie, droid, scavenger)
>Wisdom: enough street smarts to survive as an orphan scavenger on wasteland planet, enough intuition and awareness to naturally use the Force (with no training)
>Charisma: enough to be admired and desired by ever character she meets (BB8, Finn, Han, Chewie, Kylo, Snoke, Leia)

Toss in a legacy weapon (Luke's light saber) and boom, you've got a well balanced 1st level Rogue Fighter Wizard Monk.
>>
>>86661575
>Wizard
You mean Sorceress, right?
>>
>>86661575
>You mean Sorceress, right?
Wizard, sorceress, monk, paladin, cleric, I don't know how to translate "Jedi" into D&D-speak, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>86652268
Put more effort into your bait next time
>>
>>86661575
>DM's gf's character

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>86648746

Dude, fuck you.

The Jabba the Hutt standalone is the only one that actually sounds good.
>>
Everyone loves her as far as I've known
>>
>>86661575
That's an accurate description of Rey, for sure.

Sorry but I have to rant this.
The chick in my campaign is a rogue with 20 dexterity, yet somehow has more charisma than the sorcerer or warlock in our campaign, has a magical sword that does +4 to hit and +11 to attack, and wears magical armour, giving her more AC than the paladin wearing heavy chain mail, and advantage to stealth.
She's basically immortal at this point. Everyone else has fallen unconscious a handful of time this campaign, except her. Because if the fight gets tough, all she does is stealth away and keep letting us tank hits until we die.

Sorry, that's enough from me. Felt good though.
>>
>>86650318
>write a rescue mission for her
>for some reason you can't just let her get rescued
>>
>>86655186
>In the first movie he didn't do jack shit except for drop a bomb into an exhaust port, and that was built up to as a payoff to his expertise at killing sand rats or whatever.
Lol no he shuts off his targeting computer and closes his eyes as Obi-Wan tells him to "use the Force" as the Force music plays. Literally the only training he had was that scene with the training remote on the Falcon and he can use the Force to blow up the Death Star with his eyes closed when the fucking leader of Red Squadron couldn't make the shot ("It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface.")
>>
>>86648145
>big forehead
>shark teeth
>little beady eyes
>manjaw
>the physique of a little boy
>can't act
>>
>>86661995
>>86661826
Neither of these anons.
Jedi is remarkably difficult to translate to D&D; it's sorta divine and mystical, is used by monk-like dudes, isn't a series of spells but has a codified group of techniques, requires training and study, but also requires natural tendency towards it and strength of will.

But the way Rey uses it only involves that last one. This is most similar to Sorcerer, as they are basically dudes who have no idea what they're doing, having studied nothing, but are so naturally magically powerful that they stay on-par with real wizards.
>>
>>86660917
In his ass
>>
>>86662256
Just going to ignore the part where ObiWan is basically holding his hand?
>>
>>86662219
Then everyone you know is stupid, the only people i know they like her are ... yes women, and they unironically throwed at me the "you just hate to see strong women" before i could point something, trust me arguing with women is useless
>>
>>86662219
>the intro to John wick had him working as a fry cook kart Wendy's
>John gets pulled into someone else's adventure with established canon but kills everyone with miraculous skill despite of having no training or experience
That's exactly what they did with Mary Rey. I've never seen anyone mention looking her character IRL or on the internet outside of those who have some kind of agenda. She's an objectively bad character and has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>86655816
>Honestly, I would only truly understand the outright hatred for Rey and her Mary Sue tendencies if the same people also hated Luke and Vader for similar reasons. But they don't.

No you wouldn't.

Anakin was literally space Jesus and he still got BTFO in his first lightsaber duel with Count Dooku. Luke was the son of space Jesus and got BTFO in his first duel as well. So Mary Sue picks up a lightsaber for the first time and in the same day BTFOs the grandson of space jesus?
>>
>>86648145
Make Kylo the main character, Rey can return to her home planet.
>>
>>86648145
rey is a mudshark. diana isnt
>>
>>86652268
Because women competing on a male level is newsworthy.
>>
cgi can fix it

larger boobs, wider hips, bigger butt

thank me later
>>
>>86661575

And this is why you don't let a self-proclaimed feminist and her group of females write a character.

And it's going to be no different in TLJ, as the same females sign off on what they want.
>>
>>86656196

And he was a shit father.
>>
File: 1501179366527.jpg (131KB, 640x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1501179366527.jpg
131KB, 640x1089px
>>86648406
This desu
>>
File: 1502704804853.jpg (125KB, 700x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1502704804853.jpg
125KB, 700x1119px
>>86664028
and Rey needs no fixing, she's perfect
>>
>>86648403

This, Im not gonna be interested about any bitch in a movie unless shes hot and she hooks up with a guy that I want to be.

Rey's gonna end up dyke with a green T'wilek, calling it now boys.
>>
>>86651264
>They could have just had her learn through time and desperation how to unlock the restraints with the force, and then sucker-punch the guard.

Or just literally have one scene where Kylo uses Jedi mind trick on a rebel to obtain information and Rey witnesses it, causing her to try it later on the storm trooper.
>>
>>86664070
>>86664028
wtf i love rey now? that really is a slick costume. i like the hair too
>>
>>86649048
Star Wars OT was amazing because they were really fucking good movies. If the new ones were "more of the same" all but the most die hard contrarians on this board would be overjoyed
>>
>>86664259
Good taste. It is a good costume, it harkens back to her original outfit but is different (more jedi-like) enough to not be a boring repeat.

and I'm sure the hair will draw mixed receptions but I was never a fan of her weird bun hair and jewish sidelocks in the first movie.
I'll take the mullet look, reminds me of Qui-Gon Jinn
>>
>>86664259

They made Snoke look at least interesting too.

Not the typical black robes.
>>
>>86664521
He's got the midas touch
>>
>>86649398
>>86649187
>absolutely disgusting
>>
>>86664521
Looks like a used cars salesmen
>>
>>86663103
>wanting to change Daisy's delicious pale ass and dfc
kill yourself
>>
>>86664143
twileks are too problematic for star wars
>>
She can't act, also her character is an instant expert which no one likes as how the fuck is anyone supposed to relate to that? No one likes a boring invincible hero who can do everything, or at least didn't have to work very hard to get there.
>>
>>86655816
>Luke
Petulant, frustrated, whiny kid who thinks he's hot shit because he can fly a speeder. Nonetheless proves himself over the course of the first movie, showing bravery, learning fast, with good heroic instincts and some legit flying ability (though he almost crashes once and would have been killed by Vader if not saved by Han.) As well as force potential, which takes tons of training and practice to figure out. He first manages telekinesis in ESB. Doesn't do mind tricks until RotJ.
>Anakin
Space jesus. Has huge personality defects due to fucked up childhood. Never uses advanced Jedi techniques until he's gone through years of training. Suffers from hubris resulting in repeated grievous bodily harm which ultimately turns him into an evil nightmarish cyborg. Mom dies in his arms and he does a mini-genocide in response. Has a weird secret marriage that also contributes to his downfall. Gets BTFO by his best friend who wasn't even the "Chosen One" or anything. Was Mary Sue-ish in the first one but that was mostly just shit execution of a good story and you're crazy if you think he was in the other two or the OT, dude's entire life was suffering.
>Rey
Instantly great at everything for contrived reasons. Better at fixing and flying the Falcon than the guys who've been flying around in it for 50 years. Does things that far surpass even what the most powerful Jedi we've seen could do (jedi mind trick = mind rape now). Good enough at telekinesis and lightsaber fighting that without any training whatsoever, to beat a fallen Jedi who'd studied with Luke for years and came from a very powerful Force-sensitive family. Never needs help from anyone.

It doesn't matter what bullshit they come up to justify it, the story is completely emotionally empty. I'd have no objection to an actual interesting version of Rey with abandonment issues to justify her hyper-self-reliance, but what we got is just shit storytelling. I hope you're a paid Disney shill dude
>>
>>86648145
MARY. SUE.
>>
God modern writers suck at creating good female characters. They are actually cuter and more likeable when they can't do things and need others help but are really good at one thing. She should be strong in the force maybe and crafty as a survivor but she should be kind of dopey being a space peasant
>>
>>86666245
>modern writers
Vapid social constructionist propagandists who don't understand narrative or humans you mean. Plenty of good writers around still, they just aren't working for Kathleen Kennedy.

Anyway if you want cute likable girls there's always anime. And the pendulum is swinging back that way in the West too I think
>>
>>86649276
Mark is cute
>>
>>86648145
Question is why should I like her? Has she achieved anything? Overcame anything? What has she actually done in the film that's respectable? Even the black guy did more. And she has a personality of posh piece of toast
>>
>>86667371
>why should I like her?
Because she's a 10/10/
>>
Is Rey gonna morph in this one.
>>
random cosplay chick is more attractive than daisy lel
>>
File: force-is-white-female.jpg (153KB, 1536x1112px) Image search: [Google]
force-is-white-female.jpg
153KB, 1536x1112px
Instead of looking for the best writers, directors and actors, Kathleen Kennedy set up a story group made of females. It's actually a focus group whose sole objective is to cater to every niche demographic in the world except the core fans who are considered already sold out. That's why these movie are made for little girls by middle aged women who don't understand or like Star Wars in the first place.
They hired Alden Enrecht for Han Solo because they determined he was a Robert Pattison type. They think girls will love it.
>>
>>86662979
It's the opposite of competition when they are hired because of their gender. Kathleen Kennedy is stressing that she is favoring females over males. That shift didn't happen magically when she was handed over Lucasfilm by George, for free. The biggest mistake he ever made. I can only imagine what a manipulative person she is.
>>
>>86669833
Everything clicked into place in my mind when I heard about this the other day. I had spent so much time wondering how they could've set out specifically to copy the original, and gotten everything that mattered wrong. Surely they'd put people who like and understand Star Wars in charge, how could it have turned out this way? Then I found out about this cabal of vapid cunts who had probably read half of one EU novel between them, didn't care if Han shot first and had maybe gone to a Halloween party dressed as Leia once, being given editorial control over the story. I should have known.

How long until someone who likes Star Wars can save it from these whores?
>>
>>86649490
this is bewildering
>>
>>86652515
Imagine getting this bootybothered at the truth.
>>
>>86669833
Lol holy shit. A 30+ year old franchise gets handed over to these sluts.
>>
>>86669932
George did this on purpose to punish fanboys for shitting on him for the past two decades.
>>
>>86671732
I think George gave Lucasfilm to Kathleen Kennedy because she is stupid and uncreative, he thought there was no way she would involve herself in the creative process and would rely on his scripts and writers. He was wrong, he messed up both TFA and Rogue One, and did it again with Han Solo. I wonder what kind of dickless director is interested in doing a Star Wars movie now that it's obvious that they have little to no creative freedom. Who's next Paul Feig, Patty Jenkins?
>>
>>86671732
I don't believe that, I think George did sell out, but he genuinely tried to give Disney his ideas of the next few episodes and they literally put them in the bin.
>>
>>86648145
>>86648145

>How do you see Rey dolls
I dunno man if it's a girl it's a doll and if it's a guy it's an action figure, hell you could have made her one of those tentacle alien girls and sold more figures.

But why in the fuck would a little kid want to buy a smug woman doll you dolts.
>>
File: 1458533141515.jpg (283KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458533141515.jpg
283KB, 750x1000px
>>86672401
to cum on her smug face
>>
>>86672048
There's an interview wher Kathleen Kennedy says there wasn't a single day where we weren't like "what would George do?". WTF bitch, George is still alive, pick up your phone if you want to know what he would do, and why did you trash his scripts? That woman is literally Palpatine from the prequels
>>
>>86661575
>>86649490

This makes huge ammount of sense, thanks tg-anon.
>>
>>86650290
dear god her acting skills...
>>
I haven't seen Wonder Woman, but I can tell you what's wrong with Rey: She's boring

She has no cool dialogue, no cool scenes at all, her face has the emotional range of Kristen Stewart in the Twilight series and they just slap that character that is good at everything for no reason and don't give a bit of exposition as to why, she has no backstory and she has no character development other than "I have to go back waiting for my family. Okay I will now no longer do that" that is literally her entire story, and if they don't cut that bullshit in the next movie and keep on expecting fans to take every little scene frame for frame and analyse them in long exhausting theory videos on YouTube to make up the story themselves without giving some official canon explanation then Rey will be a boring and uninteresting character for another two years
>>
File: 1500099247636.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500099247636.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>
>>86672766
To be fair she was much better in Alien Covenant.
>>
>>86669932
>The biggest mistake he ever made. I can only imagine what a manipulative person she is.

He was blackmailed or strongarmed into selling Lucasfilm. He didn't need the money. He wanted to stay involved. When he was critical of TFA, he was forced to recant those criticisms.

>>86671732
>George did this on purpose to punish fanboys for shitting on him for the past two decades.
This is fake news intended to demoralize the fans who are the most likely to resist the changes Disney is making to the franchise/universe.
>You don't like it? Too bad, anything wrong with Nu-Star Wars going forward is you fault, if you hadn't been such a complainypants in the first place, we'd never have been here. So just shut up already.
>>
File: large.jpg (124KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
124KB, 500x283px
>>86672545
>>
File: DaisyRidley.jpg (86KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
DaisyRidley.jpg
86KB, 500x573px
>>86673171
Agreed. I never thought I would sympathize with an Alien.
>>
>>86673447
Frankly I don't think he was blackmailed, he was hesitant about selling and they managed to make it happen by reassuring him Disney was the best company to continue the legacy. He said time was more important than money for him. Some articles said Lucas apologized for the Charlie Rose interview but here is no source, I believe it's a lie.
>>
>>86649276
Fuck someone get that brappubus off her back
>>
>>86648145
Make her an inverse Luke from ESB.
Luke thinks he's hot shit because he's gone through some training, then gets blown the fuck out by Vader due to his overconfidence.

To contrast, Rey thinks she's hot shit already, so she doesn't take the training as seriously, and as a result gets blown the fuck out by Kylo and/or his knights and/or Snoke.
>>
>>86648145
She needs to go evil
>>
>>86648145
Because Disney beat everyone over the head with white girl black boy it turned me off first time she hugged up on the guy. I mean he was a grunt stormtrooper and she was ready to give him head
>>
>>86675253
>She needs to go evil
She'll go soft-Dark side and do the Grey Jedi thing. Rey's so benevolent and caring, and she draws on her emotions in order to protect her friends and the helpless, skirting the edges of the Dark side. This makes her powerful but she avoids being consumed/controlled by it. She's just so pure, you see.

Luke recognizes that the stuffy stoic emotionless traditions of the Jedi don't work and always fail and he's made a terrible mistake by following them. Time to step aside and let Rey take over.
>>
>>86676425
>New Star Wars EU has focused a lot on a negative view of Jedi stoicism
This post hurts because I think it's right
>>
>>86650318
>you will bypass the script
>>
File: 1.jpg (170KB, 1082x563px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
170KB, 1082x563px
>>86652589
(((Disney employee))) getting desperate here

>but muh OT had shitty flawed characters too (proceed to shit on the most beloved star wars characters ever who got developed through several films)
>>
>>86649015
>a /co/ protagonist

Bullshit. At no point did Trevor ask to be stepped on, lick Diana's feet or fantasise about goth girls.
>>
File: rey-is-a-cunt.jpg (77KB, 1320x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rey-is-a-cunt.jpg
77KB, 1320x1600px
>>86675318
Just about a minute late she was treating him like a spoiled rich white girl would treat the black houseboy. It's amazing white feminists didn't see a problem here.
>>
>>86656176
We don't know, Rey might be a god too, she might be the infamous female in "the force is (a) female".
>>
>>86652589
>her ability to pilot ships comes from a lifetime of working with them

That's not how it works.
>>
>>86669429
Probably a better actress too.
>>
>>86652890
Beastility is illegal, delete this.
>>
>>86669429
>Natural deep set eyes

N-name?
>>
File: 1444941815816.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1444941815816.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>86649490
>>
>>86649490
OH MY KEK
FUCKING DESTROYED
>>
>>86655488
I want to put Bunnyfu in a cage.
>>
>>86648145
People like her fine. /tv/ doesn't like her. /tv/ is not people.
>>
>>86649490
This is perhaps the most interesting read I'll have all day.
>>
File: ym_humphreycup.jpg (17KB, 451x299px) Image search: [Google]
ym_humphreycup.jpg
17KB, 451x299px
>>86649490
>>
>>86652589
>"oh he's a force god? i guess? midi-chlorians :)"
everyone hates that shit, don't lie and pretend that people are fine with what was done with Vader in the prequels. Everyone criticizes Mary Sues in all franchises, it's just when it happens to yaaaassss slay queen that people like you have a problem with it.
>>
File: star_hug.jpg (520KB, 1406x1119px) Image search: [Google]
star_hug.jpg
520KB, 1406x1119px
>>
File: Lolbat.jpg (305KB, 2000x1885px) Image search: [Google]
Lolbat.jpg
305KB, 2000x1885px
>>86677059
>>
>>86678073
What a spooky mug.
>>
>>86675318
>she was ready to give him head
Have you even read the original Mary Sue fanfic? She's not that kind of girl!
>>
>>86648406
>>86664028
Genderbend Qui-Gon Jinn vs Bathrobe Michael Jackson'd Mace Windu

BRAVO DISNEY
>>
>>86649490
Literally just a fancier way to say "she's a mary sue". Interesting way to put it, but it's basically been said before.
>>
>>86672592
>>86672048
>actually wanting George's retarded ideas
TFA was boring, but let's not pretend George's spin on it would have been any better.
>>
>>86648145
WW - is well known, was aimed to woman. It had shit production and actress.

SW - its mainly for old manchildren so presenting a power mary sue was bound to fail from the beggining.
>>
Luke is going to go evil to make Rey look better, I guarantee it
>>
File: 1491500561810.png (152KB, 560x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491500561810.png
152KB, 560x438px
>>86649490
Well done
>>
>>86686161
It's not to make Rey look better, but to sever the final string connecting the old to the new.
Dead Luke would hang around, but evil Luke will mean they can bury him forever
>>
File: 1324567.gif (2MB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1324567.gif
2MB, 520x520px
>>86664143
That'd actually make me be more invested in this boring shitfest.
I'm sick and tired of conventional romance as an afterthought to cheat you into empathizing with cardboard cut-out characters. First they pretend like they don't need anyone and then the next second they shove in some longing gazes and touches for no reason and with zero chemistry.
Either stick to the independent loner lifestyle, which would also be great or actually make it something fresh and natural. But don't do a half-assed forced het love story just for propriety's sake.

Rey surrounded by uggo abusive aliens all her life and then meeting some nice lady who actually shows her softness, care, affection and stability during a tumultuous time of change. She'd be starved for it probably. The way she's written, the last person she needs as a love interest is some insecure guy who isn't sure where he stands and what he wants or someone she needs to babysit.
>>
>>86648145
>franchise is on it's own for the first time
>copies the original to a T and shoehorns rebbit nostalgia
Star Wars really hasn't been good since the 80's
>>
this movie made over 1 billion dollars and is almost at the 2 billion mark i dont see that as failing
>>
>>86648145

Maybe because DC isn't pushing (((their))) agenda with every new film they make. Don't believe me? Let's take a look...

Heroes in the prequel trilogy
>Anakin Skywalker (White male)
>Obi-Wan Kenobi (White male)
>Padme Amidala (White female)
>Captain Panaka (Black male)
>Qui-Gon Jinn (White male)
>Jar Jar Binks (Alien male)
>Mace Windu (Black male)
>Yoda (Alien male)

Villains in the prequel trilogy
>Nute Gunray (Alien male)
>Darth Maul (Alien male)
>Zam Wessel (White female)
>Count Dooku (White male)
>Darth Sidious (White male)
>Jango Fett (New Zealand male)
>General Grievous (Cyborg/alien male)

A good ensemble of characters that isn't defined by their race, gender, or even their species.

Now let's look at Nu-Star Wars.

Heroes in Disney Star Wars
>Rey (White female)
>Finn (Black male)
>Poe Dameron (Latino male)
>Jyn Erso (White female)
>Iden Versio (Brown female)

Villains in Disney Star Wars
>Kylo Ren (White male)
>Snoke (White male)
>Captain Phasma (White female)
>General Hux (White male
>Director Krennic (White male)

>3/5 heroes in Disney Star Wars are female
>3/5 heroes in Disney Star Wars are brown
>4/5 villains in Disney Star Wars are male
>All villains in Disney Star Wars are white

Starting to see the pattern (((they))) have set for us? It really makes you think...
>>
>>86688756
>this movie made over 1 billion dollars and is almost at the 2 billion mark i dont see that as failing
In an interview, Mark Hamill compared TFA to the Transformers series, pointing out that just because it makes money, doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>86648145
Hear me out /tv/, what if Rey was left behind because she was a severe threat due to how strong she was with the force while being super emotional and whatnot? What if the fear was her learning the force and becoming an unstoppable monster with no control? She's godly with the force and embarrasses a trained Sith lord like Kylo Ren. The way for Disney to fix Rey is to turn her into a villain.

Maybe make her a false Messiah or something like that.
>>
>>86648406
looks terrible seriously what is up with the almost full sleeves is this a new fetish for armpit weirdos?
>>
>>86648145
i see tauriel from the hobbit is still getting work
>>
>>86690052
seeings as they are claiming part 8 will be a feminist movie
i highly doubt they will make rey the bad guy.
if that leak is true with her being the literal reborn Light side of the force you know they are gonna push her mary sue status hard
>>
>>86690661
What a damn shame.
>>
>>86648145
Reboot the trilogy and bring back George Lucas, this shit sucks
>>
>>86649490
Fuck all the "oh-no-mary-sue" shit. I think I like a Mary Sue in a movie. I like my heroes kicking serious ass.

BUT ...

This is fucking spot on, classic, awesome.
/tg/ anon, you rock.
would play Tzolk'in with/10
>>
>>86650290
Is she like, sweaty the whole movie?
>>
>>86691410
>please bring back George Lucas

No.
>>
>>86666026
>It doesn't matter what bullshit they come up to justify it, the story is completely emotionally empty. I'd have no objection to an actual interesting version of Rey with abandonment issues to justify her hyper-self-reliance, but what we got is just shit storytelling. I hope you're a paid Disney shill dude

if rey was the villian her character would become interesting because then the heroes would have to beat a literal mary-sue
>>
>>86693673
>facing an entity that rewrites any action to always be in her favour, removes every character flaw she perceives as such, bends the minds around her to adore and worship her, and who can instantly master any skill she sets her mind to
Genuinely horrifying.
>>
>>86682144
>dual lightsabers vs. max force powers

who would win?
>>
File: IMG_0365.jpg (61KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0365.jpg
61KB, 770x433px
>daughter of Zeus with hundreds of years worth of training and knowledge is more relatable than a scavenger on a backwoods planet who's lived most of her life away isolated

how?
>>
>>86696826

Better writing.
>>
>>86675210
>blown the fuck out by Kylo and/or his knights and/or Snoke
This would actually do quite a bit to save her character
>>
>>86678073
Are you kidding black guys were made for feminist. They get to prove they can live without white men
>>
File: tfa.jpg (456KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
456KB, 1280x720px
>>86648145
>What did Wonder Woman do right that the Force Awakens did wrong
Wonder Woman isn't all that interesting either. She and Rey are both exceedingly boring characters.

Rey's motivation (Explore the universe, find her parents) is at least human and relatable, but she has no character arc. She leaves Not-Tatooine and so her "exploration" arc ends, but then she has a Force flashback. We think that'll go somewhere, but then she gets kidnapped by Kylo Ren. Then she escapes, "levels up" and has Force-powers, and uses them to save the day. Rey's personality doesn't develop at all, she just has crazy shit happen to her. All this isn't helped by Daisy Ridley's stiff, uncharismatic performance.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, has actual character development, going from a starry-eyed newcomer to an experienced warrior. However, her motivation--to kill the concept of war, essentially--and mystical upbringing are both alien and unrelatable to the viewer. Gadot's performance isn't much better than Ridley's.
>>
>>86648145
Disney did not do anything wrong, per se. They literally made Luke Skywalker a woman, nothing more, nothing less. The issue is that people dont like the same concept (main character goes through the motions while being special for no specific reason) in women.
>>
>>86698393
>The issue is that people dont like the same concept in women

Kiri Hart, pls go.
>>
>>86698393
Yep, Luke beat up those Tusken Raiders, beat Darth Vader on his first try, had every other character worship him from the beginning .... oh wait
>>
>>86698393
Luke actually develops as a character, starting out as an adventurous youth and becoming a wise, experienced Jedi. Additionally, Luke wasn't perfect and omni-talented. He needed Han's help to rescue Leia and destroy the Death Star, nearly got killed by the Sand People before Obi-Wan stepped in, and was a bit of a whiner.

Even in the first movie alone, he was a better character. Just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

In that scene, you can really feel Luke's yearning to be someone and his desire for adventure. Rey never made me feel anything. It may just be that Mark Hamill's a better actor, but still, Luke works and Rey doesn't.
>>
>>86648145
they can fix her by having her face a problem she can't solve or needs help wit; even better she is completely dominated in a fight and becomes a sex slave.

Or she has teeth reduction surgery
>>
>>86698393
Please watch the OT again, you are so obviously wrong that it's hard to believe you're not a shill.
>>
>>86655247
>>Her first cast is a high level spell, no starting with lifting objects or anything, just straight to the mind control

this

in prequels we see how he struggles to just pull his lightsaber to him with the force
>>
>>86678073
>It's amazing white feminists didn't see a problem here.

Lol white feminists will drop male PoC in a moment if it makes the white girl characters look good.
>>
>>86648145

Wonder Woman had flaws, Rey did not. There is ONE scene where Rey messes up. When she is firing her gun, leaves the safety on (still manages to be a better shot than a storm trooper) and then is caught by Kylo.

Wonder woman is obsessed with one man being the key and was wrong. She can't hold back rage at times. She fails to save people, she is not perfect.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.