[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else extremely disappointed by lack of references

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 19

File: The Defenders.jpg (3KB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
The Defenders.jpg
3KB, 250x142px
Is anyone else extremely disappointed by lack of references to the movies in the Marvel Netflix shows?
There's only one, ONLY ONE, reference in The Defenders and that's just a vague reference to the incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhuWTQ_P6Y
>>
>>86602543

You'd assume they'd bring up the Sokovia Accords in some instances in The Defenders but i guess that's too big of a hint for them
>>
that's the list of the problems of that turd
>>
MUH BATTLE OF NEW YORK KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT
>>
>rap and soul plays when luke shows up

Jeeesus
>>
>>86602834
The soundtrack to Luke Cage was all rap and soul music. In Luke Cage scenes it played music from the soundtrack of his show.
>>
>Hey Ironman, it's your main bud the Iron Fist. Yeah we have a group of invincible ninja assassins plotting to destroy New York City via earthquakes. You wanna help?
Ironman: *beats the hand within a day*

>Hey that vulture dude had all sorts of tech he stole off the street and was wildly successful against his super powered foe. Surely a group of assassins like ourselves could get our hands on some of those gadgets to one up these humans?
Wait no? You don't want to do that? Just keep throwing mooks with knives, guns, and clubs at them for like the fifth season in a row?
ok... most of you are going to be dead by the end of the seaosn, but OK.
>>
yup

no
>why don't we ask you know who to help us defend new york

>avengers totally want new york to get destroyed
>>
>>86602580

this would have been good

>I talked to ____ and there won't be a ruling on if they can help us until it's too late

>those damn accords!!

course that would prove captain was 100% right
>>
Not every single comic book is a crossover. I hope you normies are aware of this.
>>
I'm disappointed that they killed the main villain halfway through the season again.

They did it in back to back series.
>>
>>86602543
tony stark is a closet pedophile if he's paying more attention to spiderman than any of the defenders
kinda sad tho how they wont even give any real nods to eachother and when they do it's totally one sided
>>
>>86602834
>Run The Jewels when he saved Danny.

hype.
>>
File: jessica-jones-stinks.png (1001KB, 1440x813px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-stinks.png
1001KB, 1440x813px
I always suspected it but the last episode made in canon. How bad does she smell /tv/?
>>
I don't watch stuff for masturbatory shit like useless references
>>
>>86602543
>the incident
such a terrible fucking cringe inducing name for the events of avengers 1. wish they never brought it up.
>>
>>86602543

No I'd rather it be it's own thing since the movies ignore them anyway. Otherwise I have to wonder why all the other heroes who live in New York aren't getting involved with manufactured earthquakes
>>
>>86603253

But this is a crossover
>>
>muh immortal iron fist
>>
>>86602543
God damn i hate Danny so much.
>>
>luke cage can lift 50 tons
>jessica jones at least 2 tons
>iron fist 300lbs without focusing his chi to heighten his strength
>daredevil 450lbs
>iron fist 750lbs with his chi

>kingpin 650lbs

lel and these niggas can fight each other
>>
>>86604693

>groot can lift over 100 tons

wew

>nebula 60 tons
>drax 50 tons

>iron man over 100 tons
>captain america 1,200lbs

lel this shit worse than dbz power levels
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>86602962
in the comics the hand is a big deal and even iron man wouldnt be able to take them down alone
>>
>>86603266
in the comics electra is the leader of the hand shes the main villian
>>
>>86603266
Weaver was wasted in this anyway. Elektra, Gao, and that Jap dude made better villains.
>>
>But I know privilege when I see it
Could the writers seriously not come up with a better way to have these characters fight it out? Did Luke Cage seriously think that Iron Fist boy's money could solve the issues at hand? God what a stupid fucking argument
>>
>>86603266
Alexandra made a shitty villain and it was obvious from the beginning that Elektra and The Hand would betray her and one of them would kill her.
>>
>>86605117
what was literally the next thing Danny did?
he used his company's connection to get answers
Luke's point was "use your company instead of beating up black kids who are doing anything for a paycheck" and he was correct.
>>
>>86605246
>instead of beating up black kids who are doing anything for a paycheck
>It's OK to be a criminal if you're black
>>
grow up comic book nonces
>>
>>86605246
"He didn't do anything wrong, he was just melting bodies in a run down warehouse, nothing wrong with that!"
Literally everybody (including Luke) beats up little people to get to bigger people and he has no right to act morally superior.
>>
Who were the nuns at the end? Can someone who read the comics explain how the hell Matt got out of there alive?
>>
>>86605337
>>86605421
>putting words in my mouth
>LOOK HIS ARGUMENT IS BAD!
fuck off no one said what you're asserting
>>
>>86602543
Defenders was a weird show desu senpai.
At first there's Luke whining about Danny not checking his privilege, and by the end, as for to prove him wrong his fist starts playing funk when lighting up.
>>
File: 1472390060868.gif (716KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472390060868.gif
716KB, 512x512px
>>86605117
>parents murdered
>left for dead on a snowy mountain in China
>raised by brutal monks who forced him to fight every single day
>endured constant beatings to become the one and only Iron Fist
>comes back to NY in the past year
>gets locked up a loony bin
>gets poisoned
>gets beaten, sliced up, betrayed, and nearly murdered repeatedly
>finally wins back control of his family's company after yet another near-death experience

>some holier than thou piece of judgmental shit who can't be hurt that always holds back and gets people hurt because he's a lazy, scared piece of shit calls Rand "privileged."
>>
The Defenders was almost as bad as Iron Fist.
All the good fights had too many quick cuts.
Most of the characters didn't do shit.
Jessica can throw cars in one scene but then can't knock over a normal human 10 seconds later.
Same for Luke. One second he's punching through bricks, the next he's getting his arm blocked by a normal guy.
One scene, Rand is obliterating shit with his fist. The next, fist still glowing, he can't do shit with it.
>>
>>86605861

His mother is a nun.
He ruled the Hand for some time, but there's nothing indicating they will follow with that story.

>tfw another season of muh Elektra
>>
File: daredevil stone.jpg (288KB, 1748x984px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil stone.jpg
288KB, 1748x984px
Just finished the show, but don't recall seeing him despite the fact that the Chaste is over.
>>
>>86607224
Why don't I remember his mother at all? Was it that she abandoned them when he got blind? It's really blurry. Is she related to the Hand? Can the Hand bullshit end now?
>>
File: chosen und.png (157KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
chosen und.png
157KB, 500x309px
Why didn't they just call the Avengers?
>>
>>86604971
they seem like a bunch of shitty jobbers here
>>
>>86602543

No. Honestly the Defenders MCU is so much better, I prefer it stay far away
>>
>>86607369

In the comics, I mean. The only time his mother was mentioned in the show was when his father called her but she didn't answered, right before the fight he was supposed to throw.
>>
>>86604569
where was spider-man during all of this
>>
>>86607369
>Can the Hand bullshit end now?

I'm okay with another Hand story as long as we never hear oçf the Elektra bullshit or whatever the fuck the black sky is supposed to even be.
>>
>>86604693
>>86604802

are these power levels made up or are they in reference to some feats in the show?
>>
>>86606544
luke was right, danny should have used his company instead of beating up street level thugs because he was angry
not even right in a hypothetical "x did nothing wrong" sort of way, all 4 characters end up at the corporate building together with Danny having got there because of info he got from his company
>>
>only 8 episodes
>like 4 episodes to even get the group together
>more elektra/hand bullshit

like why is the "black sky" so fucking important? They act like it's some kind of super secret ultra killing power but the only thing that changed Elektra is that she got minor superstrength. I mean what the fuck? Why is everyone acting like the hand's fate depends on it?

also, I can't stand le evil organisations where people kill 5 of their own guys during a sparring match, on the regular. it's so fucking retarded it's insane. I assume they don't waste their resurrection powers on mooks.
>>
>>86607356

Stick routinely witholds information. He tells Mat about the Hand, for instance, but leaves K'un L'un out. I am sure there's a reason they left Stone off for now. He'll probably pop up in Iron Fist 2
>>
.....I liked it...
>>
No, i'm not autistic so I don't care about how many references to the movies are in it.
>>
>>86607672
Was it me or did Claire and Matt not talk to each other at all?
>>
>>86607672
oh also,
>having to watch Sigourney Weavers ugly skeleton like face for 20 minutes per episode
you have 4 fucking heroes to cover, why waste time with this
>>
>>86603585
>Spider is super-strong, can literally lift tons.
>Defenders punch people with sticks and knives.
>>
>>86607622
In that one, glaring plot device of a moment, Luke gave him the right advice.

But he was not giving him advice for what to do next, even though it was written to be that. He was criticizing his entire fuckin life. Calling Danny "privileged" in general. It was fucking dumb.
>>
>>86607727
No, don't think they said anything worthwhile to eachother.
>>
>>86607851
This is a shame. Matt and Claire were great together and she wasn't annoying in DD's first season. Now Matt is stuck with a crazy zombie bitch or that pasty ogre.
>>
>>86608114
Claire and Jamal Thundercock is a commited couple basically from the first episode of Defenders, don't think he would be able to lay some pipe even if they ended up just the two of them in a scene.
>>
>>86607805
at worst, he did both
you can't just get so triggered by the word "privilege" that your brain shuts down
Danny using his unique (among the 4) connections was the smart move. Danny probably didn't see it because he was traveling over [europe or asia] beating people and only just got back to New York where his company has the most influence. It is because Danny's rash personality that he forgot he did have this base of privilege linked to his identity as part of the Rand family.

Basically, Danny did have a hard life so he forgets that in the US he does have a bunch of privilege i.e. a billion dollar corporation. Let's not forget Luke immediately starts punching white (or mostly white) people in business suits in a boardroom and Danny fires off, "Now punching is okay?"

It's almost like, and stay with me here, they both had a point. It was also SJW pandering to be sure, but with the ultimate desire of getting people to like Iron Fist more by having a character address the """fan""" criticism. If you only focus on Luke's side then it seems like the regressive left BS, which is probably planned by the execs behind this shit. However, in the context of the story both Luke and Danny have valid points and valid perspectives on the matter.

They also became bros so stop crying.
>>
How the fuck did Matt survive that?
If he did, did Elektra survive too?
Where did Cuc'k Land go?
Is the Hand story finally over?
Will IF ever not suck? Will he ever stop acting like an autistic weeaboo child? Him and the Giga Nigga seem to have good chemistry, maybe the shitty superheroes can make one good series together instead of being put on their own separate series in the future.
>>
Why cant I get a gritty superhero show where they dont fight ninjas working under one main organization. I want some normal guy beating and shooting the shit out of normal, real world bad guys.
>>
>>86602834
Rap was in Iron Fist and Cage's soundtracks pretty prominently, I loved it when it started playing the first time they fight the hand together. It was a great Heroes for Hire moment.
>>
>>86608910
Punisher is next.
>>
>>86603253
This is an explicit crossover you colossal faggot
>>
>>86608817
>Him and the Giga Nigga
Heroes For Hire
>>
>>86609289
And I hope they do it right. I dont want it to turn into punisher vs oh look the hand is back
>>
File: fairy cat.png (119KB, 255x316px) Image search: [Google]
fairy cat.png
119KB, 255x316px
>Luke Cage and Ironfist are inseparable best friends in the comics
>Muh white privelege in the show

What the fuck? What is this bullshit.
>>
>>86607224
>he ruled the hand
No, no their obviously going to do Born Again or some version of it DDs3
>>
>>86609700
It's one conversation, the first time they meet, and both are kind of right.
They grow fonder of each-other as it goes on.
>>
>>86609700
By the end their pretty chummy, only one step from setting up HfH, they really should just dump IF and LC s2 and go straight to HfH
>>
>>86608320
Danny didn't see it because he's a warrior. Punching shit is pretty much all he's ever know.
>>
File: 1499986137324.png (786KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
1499986137324.png
786KB, 595x595px
>>86609700

did you watch the fucking show? they're on pretty good terms at the end of the show, for only having met a few days prior
>>
>>86609700
>see shitstorms on /tv/ regarding the "white privilege" scene
>expect it to be horrible garbage
>it's literally just luke cage pointing out danny's idiocy in trying to beat up cleaners when the rand building is 2 blocks from the hand's evil lair
>>
>>86607596

there are sources for each one like "random marvel book #12515" "issue #1523"
>>
>>86610333
basically yes, but I can't help but feel any of his masters or the Chaste would tell him to chill out for a minute
so part his background, part his character as a rash kid (which is pretty intentional in the IF show)
>>
>>86602543
>the flag waver
>the big green guy
>the guy with magic hammer

Are they not allowed to actually say their names or something?
>>
>>86612253
Sure.

>listen danny, we have a war to prepare you for, a war that will decide the fate of the world, but go be young and have fun

Come one, if you're not gonna take the discussion of a comics tv show seriously, why are you even here man.
>>
>>86612451
"chill out" as in come up with a more rational plan than "punch mooks that almost certainly don't know enough to give their enemies leads" not "chill out" as in have fun
fuck you for even thinking I meant the latter
>>
>>86607356
WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY?
>>
Does anybody else just kind of tune out during the fight scenes? They move so fast you can't tell what's happening anyway. Generic beat up Ninjas stuff. I liked the combat in DD S1 and The Punisher scenes in DD2. Killgrave's mind control made it interesting too.

But the vast majority of fight scenes are uninteresting.

I unironically watch these shows for the plot.
>>
>>86607375
If only the TV shows were canon to the MCU they could
>>
>>86612553
I thought they were? They reference shit that happened in the movies
>>
>>86608320
>you can't just get so triggered by the word "privilege" that your brain shuts down
Just fuck off already.
I explained in detail why it was stupid. Therefore, you cannot accuse me of getting triggered and raging over nothing.

You fundamentally do not know what intersectional social justice is about if you think privilege is just the advantages a person has at one moment.

You're just being a contrarian little bitch over nothing, spouting off personal theories and making excuses for either shit writing, a character written to be deliberately dumb.

You know this because you leap off the topic to talk about something adjacent at every chance.

At every chance you've had to address my points you've handwaved them, ignored them, then gone off a mini tangent on something almost relevant but not quite.
>>
>>86612518
Daredevil was the only one of these shows with entertaining action.
>>
>>86612505
He was trained to be a weapon, weapons don't come up with rational plans.
Of course he's gonna punch his way through the plot.
>>
>>86610822
By accusing Danny of having benefited from institutional racism and sexism over in another fuckin dimension while he was being drilled by warrior monks.

They handled it in a dumb way. There were better ways to get Rand to go corporate.
>>
>>86612518
They were better than IF by far, until they got to the really cool shit towards the end.

Then suddenly they fell back on IF's "4 cuts per second and impossible to follow" bullshit.
>>
These shows do have some diamonds in the rough though. The episode in JJ where they have Kilgrave in the soundproof water cell is pretty awesome.

What are other Kino scenes in these shows? Punisher Jail Cell scene and The Graveyard come to mind too.
>>
>>86612668
he was trained to be the same as every other monk, as soon as he was Iron Fist he left and it is frequently mentioned his elders didn't teach him shit about being the Iron Fist

don't be obtuse, the IF series highlights how Danny is rash and Defenders Stick highlights how much of a dumbass Danny is

training to be rash or not, Luke is still right about using the corporation which is what this reply chain was originally about
>>
>>86612839
literally anything with fisk
>>
Kind of off-topic, but Aos actually did a reference to luke cage. Someone tried to kill the deceased Shield's director with one of the bullets that was used on Luke.
>>
>>86609276
I felt that the rap music when Cage showed up to help Danny was good usage and fit the scene well. But when they played the rap music in the underground scene in the last episode it felt out of place.
>>
>>86612928
>speak her name again
>>
So I just finished watching episode 5. Does Jessica do anything that actually shows off her powers in the remaining 3 episodes? So far she's literally done nothing that would make people think she has super strength.
>>
File: thank you wesley.jpg (211KB, 1249x1066px) Image search: [Google]
thank you wesley.jpg
211KB, 1249x1066px
>>86612839
>>
>>86612894
Luke's may be right, but it was a clumsy as fuck way to bring race into a show about superheroes punching shit.
He could just as easily have told him to start throwing money at shit instead of punching it.
>>
>>86613158
it's almost like Luke has a history of being treated like shit by white people
like I've mentioned before, Luke wasn't all correct and Danny has the "Now punching is okay?" line when Luke is more than happy to start punching people in business suits
>>
>>86613138
Pretty sure she threw a car into the restaurant
>>
>>86613231
Except Danny did exactly fuck all to Luke. Sure, he roughed up the black kid that Luke talked to that one time, but he beat the shit out of people of all races.
>>
How does a TV show about 4 superheroes teaming up be so unremarkable?

I think I unironically enjoyed all 5 of the individual seasons more than this. I've got another episode to go though.
>>
>>86602543
Iron fist is still fucking dumb as hell in this might even be a shittier character than in his own series.
>>
>the "black sky", a secret super weapon
>the iron fist opens a gateway to ancient ruins
>it's mainly to live for a few more decades and sell drugs or something
Jesus that's boring. With all those myths and lore I expected them to open portals to another dimension or go to space and create black holes
>>
>>86613413
if you think Luke was 100% in the right, then you saw a post on /tv/ or tumblr and didn't actually watch the show
no one is saying Luke was totally correct in his position except SJW websites looking for clicks

I repeatedly bring up how Danny pointed out Luke's hypocrisy with the board room people. Fuck off.
>>
>>86613576
He didn't point out shit, he threw some banter.
>>
Should I finish Iron fist before I watch defenders?
I just got past the RZA episode and so far it's been a misdirected mess.

I actually like danny and the meechums but they can't carry this fucking shitshow for me.
Does it get better near the end?
>>
what the fuck is the deal with the power levels in this show

why do elektra's punches do the same thing to luke cage as they do to daredevil?
>>
>>86613748
I don't remember a single thing about how Iron Fist ended and I'm somewhat enjoying Defenders. You're probably good to skip to it.
>>
>>86613626
that statement is oxymoronic
does banter never have a factual basis to you?
how does banter have a bite if it doesn't reflect the truth in some way?
you're reaching
>>
>>86602543
I came here expecting to find a huge hate thread on this show, but that it's barely even being talked about is even more telling about how shit it is.
>>
>>86613748
Some things get a bit better but The Hand are seriously emasculated in the second half of Iron Fist
>>
>>86613138
she does something big last ep, incidentally she is technically the most powerful shes just damaged goods, she should be able to fly and has spiderman level strength, shes just all fucked in the head
>>
>>86602543
Honestly, I was expecting a cameo of Matt Murdock in Civil War. Something like watching news about the registration on TV.
>>
>>86613882
>barely even being talked about
wat? that is all we're talking about
>>
>>86614012
she feels like a less useful luke cage
>>
>>86612647
You sound like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>86614054
shes a detective, and shes the strongest, but shes also an alcoholic roastie, so atm yea shes least useful
>>
I enjoyed the defenders. Thought they told the story as well as the could have. It wasn't perfect by far but it was enjoyable. No problem with Danny Rand but they should have killed him off. It would have taken the shows to the next level.
>>
>>86612611
Officially yes, but they're feuding with each other right now - at least the movies vs AoS, not sure about Netflix but I think there's something going on there too. On top of that we now have Sony in charge of some entries.
>>
>>86614012
Lol don't blend comics with the shows moron. Cut that headcanon shit out. She is pathetic as shit in the show. Holding the elevator was about the only useful showing of her power outside of moving cars lel
>>
>>86614150
>>86614012
Nothing she has done in the show couldn't be replicated by cage, except maybe jumping that high. Tho he should be able to if his legs are as strong as his upper body
>>
>>86614485
you haven't seen the whole show yet eh? also like I said shes damaged goods, think spider-man when he starts losing his powers cause he's got emo problems, its kinda like that she can't fly anymore and she's at about 1/2 strength, she's still stronger then luke as shown in her show
>>
once again the best thing about this about this was the brief punisher tease at the end

is this twice now daredevil has been cucked by frank
>>
>>86614443
its not head-canon fuckwit, they make reference to her being able to fly and her old superhero outfit, its all going along exactly like in the comics, although I doubt they'll ever have her reach her full power level, maybe finale of her own show she flies or something cause shes finally 'over it'
>>
>>86614602
i don't think she does anything cage couldn't do.

i'm sure he could've held the elevator just as well as she could've.

and realistically he should've been the one who was the distraction when they stepped off the elevator, as he wouldn't have died if they just decided to open fire immediately
>>
>>86614695
I meant in her own show, its pretty obvious shes stronger, its just luke can tank any punch she throws
>>
>>86614733
the real problem is how shit they are with power levels in this universe

she's shown punching ordinary people and they aren't knocked out cold. elektra's punches for some reason hurt luke cage, which makes you think she has super strength, but her punches don't immediately knock out daredevil or anyone else.
>>
>>86614767
blah blah holding back blah blah, yea its inconsistent as all fuck
>>
>>86614687
She is nowhere near spiderman strength lvl in the show. Kek That is pure headcanon. She is pathetic as shit
>>
>>86607356
BANE?????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0fl5fgTDg
>>
>>86605246
haha this comment though
>>
>>86614830
see >>86614602
>>
>>86602543

No references is the best part. Do we need 20 more cringy "big green guy" and "some guy with a hammer" lines?
>>
File: 1462732542750.jpg (528KB, 600x2186px) Image search: [Google]
1462732542750.jpg
528KB, 600x2186px
>>86604693
>>86604802
>>
>>86614923
the problem is they establish that this is a universe with the avengers in it so it makes no sense they wouldn't send tony stark a call or some shit to deal with this
>>
>>86614990
anon, this is ancient
>>
>>86605337
>>86605421
what if Luke was bias because this was a mothers sole surviving child that he desperatley wanted to protect?
luke cage didnt know about the bodies at that point in time btw

I thought the scene was fine. it was a reasonable thing for cage to say, and it didnt scream SJW. Luke Cage rarely does for me.

Jessica on the other hand is a tumblr power fantasy and I hate her worse than danny. like fuck.
>>
>>86615046
It's pretty accurate actually. Somethings on there are debatable like Silver Surfer but that's only because he augments himself with power cosmic. Same with Moon Knight who goes to a higher level when the moon is full. Iron Fist augments himself with Chi so that can make him go to an upper level as well.

Luke Cage is perfect. Jessica Jones is at Spider-Woman and Beast level. Daredevil is below Captain America, Wolverine, and Black Panther. There should be a class just for acrobatic people like Falcon, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Hawkeye. That's as normal of a weight class as you can get.
>>
So if Matt made it out then Electra clearly did too?
>>
>>86602543
I loved that. If anything Daredevil referenced it too much.
>>
>>86603266
Thank god for that. Sigourney is an incredible actress, but that character was so boring and a complete waste of her talents.
>>
>>86615563
yea
>>
They repeatedly mention the alien invasion from the first Avengers which is still causing problems for people years later. They treat it like another 9/11, they talk about it but nobody really just says "fucking aliens invaded New York", they see it as something so terrible they just sort of skirt around it constantly.
>>
Just finished it. I don't know how but it maybe ended up being my least favorite out of all of them. Maybe I'm jaded or the formula is stale... but I didn't really like it.

Every other season had a section that I thought was really awesome. All of DD1, Most of JJ (especially her and Kilgrave working together that episode), first half of LC and 2nd half of IF were all awesome. I would watch the first 4 episodes of DD2 packed together into a movie at least three times in the theatres.

None of Defenders really clicked with me. It felt like they were dipping their toes into the water and not committing enough to it. I don't know. It was kinda mediocre.
>>
>>86614990
I'm willing to bet DD could go a few rounds with Cap. Remember his dad beat the shit out of a guy with metal fists in a boxing match, and Matt is just as durable and twice the fighter.

He probably wouldn't win but he'd give Cap a run for his money. Cage could easily qualify as an Avenger and arguably has more right to be there than half the current Avengers right now.

>no my life as a weapon spin off for hawkeye

He'd be perfect for it. Just show him trying to do good on his own with what skill he has.
>>
>>86615712
>2nd half of IF were all awesome
Serioiously? It gets better? I dropped it.
>>
>>86605861
I was so hecking pissed about this. I heard that Foggy would be on Luke Cage season 2 and Karen on Punisher season 1 so I thought maybe they had the balls to actually kill him off and have his supporting cast help out the other shows. What a shame.
>>
>>86615759
Yeah, I don't know what episode (maybe around 8?) they travel to Kun-Lun and it felt like an end-of-season plotline right in the middle of the season. Once they get everyone established and Ward Meechum gets more meaningful screentime it turns around IMO.
>>
>>86615759
Harold and Ward freind, Harold and Ward
>>
>>86612839
90% of the scenes with Kingpin
Half the scenes with Kilgrave
Literally everything with Punisher
>>
>>86602543
>white oval
what did they mean by this?
>>
There's a Punisher teaser at the end of the credits of the final episode. I read about it on (Reddit). Nobody's mentioned it so I'm sure you all closed your browsers too.
>>
>>86615971
its on yt
>>
>>86604693
Wouldn't iron fist beat them all at full power?
>>
>>86615971
I saw it, it just isn't very interesting to talk about.
>>
>>86614990
>The greatest strength of all is the strength to refrain from violence
is that guy literally Jesus Christ?
>>
>>86616011
IF at full power is top-teir, thats a very old power ranking
>>
>>86614990
>By night I'm twice as strong as any human -- by day I'm an invalid.

Holy shit hahahaha
>>
Did nobody find Colleen Wing fucking insufferable in both this and Iron Fist?
>>
>>86614990
Who the hell is that bearded guy with white clothes?
>>
>>86614695
>i'm sure he could've held the elevator just as well as she could've.
>that scene happens
>expect flying jessica holding onto cable
>nope
I was disappointed.
>>
File: YES YES YES.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YES YES YES.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>86616362
YES, JESUS. I also hate Bakuto's face, so all I could not care less about their subplot.

she's hot tho
>>
>>86616362
No. She's literally perfect.
>>
>>86616417
>she's hot tho
That's where we disagree
>>
>>86616362
Insufferably bland, but that's everyone in this Netflix shows besides Daredevil, Jessica, Kingpin, Kilgrave, Punisher, and Cottonmouth.
>>
>>86616362
fuck no, dat ass
>>
>>86614733
She doesn't do anything in her own show but toss people into the air or like 5 feet away. She's fucking shit. She never seems anymore durable than a normal human either since she immediately hides from gunfire.
>>
>>86616593
she fights Luke, I'm done with this discussion, you either haven't watched it or don't remember it at all, believe what you like
>>
>>86602543
No. I hate Kevin Feige. Keep the "movies" as distant from these shows as possible.
>>
>>86615770
>Daredevil season 2 TOP viewed series on Netflix.
>second place has 1/4 of Daredevil views.
>JJ + Cage + Iron Fist has 3/4
>kill him off
>>
Hopefully this doesn't get buried sonI don't have to make a thread about it. What do I need to know about the events in Iron Fist before I watch this? I've seen the other shows but have no interest in watching a show solely about IF.
>>
weapons when?
>>
>>86617660
>Dog Boner
Is this a joke?
>>
>>86617716
?
>>
>>86617548
his family died while flying over tibet, madam gou set it up so the plane would crash, Danny surived and was found by the elders of kun'lun a mystical city, he trained their until he was grown, he bacme the immortal iron fist their champion, this made his BFF very butthurt, danny returned to new york against orders and began looking into his parents death, etc etc lots of shit, he gets a waifu who use to work for the hand and starts trying to hunt them down, also regains control of his multi-billion dollar company, I think that covers everything relevant
>>
>>86617660
>tfw they'll never have the budget to do the Immortal Weapons tournament
>>
>>86602580
From Agents of Shield, that kind of shit is so common I really doubt it. The Socovia Bobblers was about entire cities blowing up, Daredevil's finale is on top of a fucking roof.
>>
File: 1430079997951.png (220KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1430079997951.png
220KB, 321x333px
>>86605216
I havent seen that part yet and it wasnt obvious to me
>>
This is Iron Fist filling in for Daredevil or is he just brooding towards the red memorial? If he's filling in then doesn't he wear a mask?
>>
>>86618522
>why no mask
I was really expecting DD to bring this up with IF, but he didn't, give IF a fucking mask already
>>
help guys. When Elektra took Danny, why was Danny knocked out like everyone else? I thought the scene was going to have Danny dramatically save the day but he just fell asleep. Did I actually miss a detail or was it just lazy writing?
>>
>>86618918
Does Finn Jones have it in his contract that he doesn't have to wear a mask? It would've been amazing if it ended with his silhouette and then when his fist lights him up you see him wearing a yellow rag. He could've gotten the idea from seeing Matt wear that scarf. He's not even wearing a fucking hoodie lmao the showrunners are dummies.
>>
>>86607745
>having to watch Sigourney Weavers ugly skeleton like face for 20 minutes per episode

You shut your whore mouth she's beautiful
>>
>>86619330
I was expecting that, very disappointed, it must be so he's not to similar to DD or something, why wouldn't you give him mask? if nothing else it makes staging fights a lot easier
>>
>>86618918
>>86619330

it took like four episodes for Daredevil to even put on his costume this show sucked
>>
>>86619524
Sigourney Weaver's presence in this show was absolutely pointless outside of Marketing that she was in it.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>86618522
saving it for S2 (which I hope gets canned for HfH)
>>
>>86616388
Netflix are not going to spring out the budget for flight, its the same reason Smallville spent all but the last episode of the last season grounded, because of muh jew gold.
>>
>>86618522
>If he's filling in then doesn't he wear a mask?
Because this series is trash anon. They'd only fuck it up anyway, DD looks like a goofy retard in his get up.
>>
This was just a dull and tiring experience.
>>
>>86620518
I agree. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have watched it.
>>
>>86620587
if you could go back in time having already watched it, you wouldn't watch it again, ok, why not just say you wouldn't re-watch it?
>>
>>86607490
Learning about white privilege and how slaves built the Washington Monument.
>>
>>86602543
I'll be honest, The Hand, while incompetent in the show, seemed like they should have been a bigger threat to be on the Avengers radar. Should have warranted at the very least Spiderman making a cameo appearance.
>>
>>86620646
Because I wish I didn't spend my time watching it in the first place? I gained very little positive experience out of watching it.

If I knew it sucked, I wouldn't have watched it and I would have saved 7 and a half hours.
>>
>>86620984
Or hell shouldn't Dr.Strange be involved with this shit at some level?
>>
>>86620993
ok
>>
>>86619279

He was drugged by that smoke thing from Stick, same af Luke
>>
>>86602543
Marvel tv acknowledges the films but the Marvel films don't acknowledge the tv shows. So, in the Netflix series and Agents of Shield The Avengers is canon but in The Marvel Universe Netflix series and Agents of Shield is not canon, and although both Netflix and Agents of Shield acknowledge The Avengers, Netflix series and Agents of Shield are not canon to each other
>>
>>86604971
In the comics Iron Man is on the same tier as Daredevil so that doesn't say much. Now if it was Spiderman or Hulk that would be a different story
>>
>>86621564
in the comics daredevil is about to destroy Nuke, Ironmman shows up and opens is hand
>stop
>daredevil stops because he's not stupid
he doesn't even attempt to fight ironman he just stops mid-rage kill, fuck off you know shit
>>
>>86621668
Iron man was always a B-tier character more known for being in The Avengers than his own comic series before the films. No one cares about your power levels, Daredevil is a more interesting character and was a bigger draw than Iron Man for most of their runs
>>
>>86621733
lol, really you know shit, go read some decent DD comics and come back, fucking retard, that was the avengers that showed up, DD stepped down quick, the biggest 'draw' out of the cameos in that particular comic was Cap
>>
>>86621795
That's why I said most of their runs dickwad, it's not really fair to compare recent shit because comics suck in general nowadays and because the Iron Man movies draw more people to Iron Man comics
>>
>>86614990
>spider man
>super medium weight
spider man was stronger than hulk at the time wtf
>>
>>86621012
>dragons
>other dimensions
>bringing people back from the dead
>presumably living at the new york sanctum
Maybe he's in space or not a sorcerer yet? I'm still not convinced the Netflix shows are past AoU or Civil War yet.
>>
>>86621899
thats not recent, its a classic and very famous DD story, jesus fucking christ why am I even talking to you
>>
File: marvel-timeline-v2-1.jpg (686KB, 1217x5917px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-timeline-v2-1.jpg
686KB, 1217x5917px
>>86621976
>>
>>86621989
I don't know, why do you still read comics when you're a grown ass man?
>>
>>86622095
I don't I remember, btw if anyone just wants to have DDs3 spoiled read 'Born Again' by frank miller
>>
Was this teased at the end? My boner can't handle Jessica Henwick's fat ass and Simone Missick massive jugs
>>
>>86622151
yes, she even got her arm cut off
>>
>>86622077
checked by like I said, I'm still not convinced
they never mention anything beyond The Avengers and at some point the Accords, Inhumans, or SHIELD should have come up unless Netflix takes place while SHIELD is fucked, there are no Inhumans, and no Accords.
>>
>>86622151
yes obviously Misty will get a cyborg arm
>>
How does getting punched right in the chest by iron fist not explode Luke's heart? Should destroy every organ in his body.
>>
>>86603674
Best moment of the whole show. All downhill from there.
>>
>>86604526
Better than 'The Substance' ?

Like jeez guys, you've had centuries to think of a good name.
>>
>>86622533
Because they have never been explicit about what the Iron Fist actually is or does.

This is intentional btw, so they can bend it to the plot's interest.
>>
>>86618100
Thanks senpai
>>
>>86615770
Well, DD has always been the peak of these shows, so there is no way he's getting killed. Worst case scenario would be them pulling a "Jesus resurrected 3 days later" with him.
>>
>>86614990
The comics counterpart for each character is significantly stronger than they are in the MCEU. Jessica Jones is arguably the strongest of the 4 in the comics, whereas in the series she's easily the weakest.
>>
>>86623118
She's strongest physically in the show, but completely awful in a fight due to lack of technique and inability to avoid attacks.
>>
>>86603674
That fight in the office was the only god one.
>>
>>86623230
Is she really the strongest? I know she's really strong in the comics, but in the show she doesn't even seem that physically strong.
>>
Will we ever see jessica Jones fly or no? I hope that at least hint to it in season 2
>>
>>86612839
Matt talking to Kingpin in jail and Matt trying to hold back. Obviously DD and punisher together.
>>
>>86615318
Haven't watched her series, but this entire crossover she was a sardonic alcoholic who made next to zero references about her gender, so unless there's bad dialogue in her series I'd say you're full of shit
>>
So how did Matt even survive?
>>
>>86623560
He hid in elektra's vago
>>
>>86619330
>gotten the idea from seeing Matt wear that scarf.

Shit that would've been kino. All you need is a sleeved green shirt and pants.
>>
>>86612977
Yeah, I thought some weird ad popped up in another window or something at first. I don't think rap would be a bad choice, but that particular rap and how it was mixed into the audio didn't work.
>>
>>86623230
actually probably the one good thing about defenders was the choreography for her fighting, she just looked lost in the middle of these ninjas flipping around
>>
>>86614767
hurt. no. Knock him over, yeah.

Pretty sure in the show they still treat cage as being a 200+ lbs guy. Without being skilled in hand to hand (to the same degree as electra) they can still probably knock him over.

The fact that danny couldn't at first is just kinda mediocre writing, but letting both characters have their cool moment when they're introduced.
>>
>>86605337
Pretty sure that Luke didn't see the little nigger dissolving corpses with acid and is peaking out of his ass.
>>
>>86619330
If he does he must also have it in his contact that he doesn't have to work out
>>
>>86623560
Well, supposedly the cave is the same cave where IF fought the dragon. I guess they just went through the other exit to Kun'Lun.
>>
>>86617660
someone fill me in
>>
File: luke.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>86624386
with all my pleasure
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.