[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies you wouldn't think would redpill you hard, but they did.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

Movies you wouldn't think would redpill you hard, but they did.
>>
>>86596698
Redpill you about what?
>>
>>86596698
How is this movie redpilled?
>>
>>86596752

What do you think redpill means?
>>
>>86596769
Something that opens your eyes to a conservative viewpoint.
>>
>>86596698
This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.
>>
File: 0012.jpg (197KB, 1500x1051px) Image search: [Google]
0012.jpg
197KB, 1500x1051px
>>
>>86596805

Correct, but the subject matter being conservative is not necessarily a prerequisite.
>>
>>86596830
>The script was utter dogshit.
How would you know? Have you read it?
>>
>>86596877
>the subject matter being conservative is not necessarily a prerequisite
Wrong. If it's a liberal viewpoint it's called blue-pilled.
>>
>>86596926

You are aware the terms originate from the Matrix, yes? /pol/'s memes are not what I'm referring to here.
>>
>>86596896
I watched the movie twice. The dialogue is the worst thing about it, and the plot contrivances are the second worst. The Jon Bernthal scene alone automatically disqualifies it but I can go on.
>but kate, he is wearing FLIP FLOPS! something's going on with him, can't you see?
>wait a minute... you're a spook! right? the audience hasn't understood that yet, so let me say it again! you are cia, right?
>this illegal massacre witnessed by hundreds of civilians will be all over the newspapers tomorrow! wait no it won't be because we are cynical veterans and know this is always gets buried!
>be careful Kate, cops are the ones you can't trust! don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one, even if he comes out of nowhere
>by the way, they killed his wife and daughter, he is DAMAGED, in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
>by the way I'm an alpha wolf, I'm staring you down, like a wolf, get it?
>>
>>86596957
/pol/'s memes are what are used in common parlance. You are using an out-dated definition of the terms. You are aware language evolves over time, yes?
>>
>>86596990
Oh so when you said the "script" you actually meant the dialogue? Riiiiiiight
>>
>>86597036
>lol I whiteknight a shitty movie.
Taylor Sheridan is one of the worst writers in Hollywood right now.
>>
>>86596999

/pol/ is not evolving anything, let alone the usage of language. Don't be a cuck. Also stop browsing that board.
>>
>>86597064
You're one of the worst writers on 4chan.com lad
>>
>>86597069
I don't browse that board, but I am aware of how those terms are used and their origin. Have fun confusing people when you use the wrong term. I'm sure they'll enjoy you smugly explaining something they already know.
>>
>>86597111
I am the creator of the Bela Tarr pasta, the La Haine pasta, and Haneke shitposting. You are small time.
>>
>>86596830

I agree, could have been better. But as it is now, it still,for me at least, hugely entertaining. Out of all the shit that comes out of the American movie industry, Sicario isn't half bad.
>>
>>86597144
>takes pride in 4chan memes
my vagina just shriveled up completely
>>
>>86597142

If they already know this they shouldn't have this explained to them.
>>
>>86597142
red pill means truth and blue pill means convenient ignorance
>>
>>86597183
>pretending to be a girl on the internet
or
>being a mentally ill transsexual
which is it?
>>
>>86597184
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>86597069
>>>86596999
>/pol/ is not evolving anything let alone the usage of language.
>Don't be a cuck.
/pol/ made calling people cuck a thing
>>
>>86597239
>/pol/ made calling people cuck a thing
t. Captain Obvious
>>
>>86597239
wat
>>
>>86597239

Touché
>>
>>86597217
neither

i know, hard to comprehend for a dumbass who takes pride in shitty memes
>>
>>86597285
>>86597291
Some idiot was saying that /pol/ didn't have an affect on public discourse, so I pointed out how he was using insults derived from /pol/.
>>
>>86597355

I am.
>>
File: 1502976760472.jpg (60KB, 987x555px) Image search: [Google]
1502976760472.jpg
60KB, 987x555px
>>86597355
>mass replies
>calls other people autistic
kek
>>
This thread has really gone off the rails. Can OP explain to me how Sicario redpilled you? Were you unaware that drug gangs are violent? Were you unaware that the CIA does some shady shit?
>>
>>86596830
>>86596896
I'm not that Anon but the script is indeed not that great. The same goes for Sheridan's other well known script, Hell or High Water. Both Sicario and Hell or High Water are great in large part because of stuff that has nothing to do with the script and the best scenes in both films are ones that deviate from the script. Both films also make some great omissions of scenes that would've ruined either film if they weren't edited out. I'm surprised that Wind River is getting solid reviews but until I see it for myself I don't consider Sheridan a talented artist.
>>
>>86597508
>Were you unaware that the CIA does some shady shit?

I was aware of it, but I didn't expect to be reminded of it this hard.
>>
>>86597624
That's quite the fucking stretch there, buddy.
>>
>>86597691
He's an idiot what do you expect?
>>
>>86597755
This board is full of morons. I wish I had real friends to talk to.
>>
>>86597802
You'll find that most of the time friends either just want you to agree with them unconditionally or they will disappoint you constantly.
>>
>>86597802
No you don't. People are incredibly boring.
>>
>>86597843
>>86597898
I've had friends before and it was nice sometimes. I moved across the country for work and have no idea how to make friends. I've always made friends from school.
>>
>>86597955
Join a gym, take a dance class or an acting class, a hobby shop where people play tabletop RPGs.
>>
>>86597802
>>86597843
>>86597898

You guys are obviously very smart since you talk down to others.

What would you talk about if you had these 'friends' ?
>>
>>86596698

Training Day was way better.
>>
>>86598028
We would talk about many things. Art, love, the meaning of life, but mostly about how gay your post is and how much you love cock.
>>
>>86598028
Movies, sports, politics, girls.
>>
>>86597508
>>86597624
>>86597691
>>86597755
>>86597802
>>86597843
>>86597898
>>86597986
this whole thread feels very off. it reeks of psyop or something scripted between the "anons".
>>
>>86598114
You're right me and my buds decided to hijack the thread and turn it into a meditation on friendship sorry bro you can go back to circlejerking your shitty movie now.
>>
>>86598114
Get a load of this guy. He probably hasn't even tried the new signature sandwich line at McDonald's.
>>
>>86598089
What sort of art do you like?

>>86598097
Tell me about movies, friend. Has a movie really resonated with your character and you really enjoy watching it, no matter how many times you've seen it?
>>
For people asking what this movie redpills anyone on, the film is essentially showing how the influx of people from South America into the United States is changing American society more towards a violent, savage, criminal, corrupt and barbaric one and eroding the civil society and rule of law that American civilization was based on.

It's basically showing that you cannot bring a people into a nation without those people bringing their essential nature with them. And the more of those people you bring in, the more their nature changes the culture and nature of the nation. Race exists, and South America is the way it is because of it's people. Africa is the way it is because of it's people. The Middle East is the way it is because of its people. External factors are minor in comparison. What matters is the nature of the people who live in those regions. If you look at the history of any region objectively, like say Japan, this becomes apparent. We just pretend it isn't real, because in 2017 saying that race or gender exists and that people are different is the biggest sin imaginable and destroys your life and career.

Anyway, this is something that white societies, especially in some places in Europe, are going to learn the hard way to their absolute dismay and horror over the coming few decades. But that's Europe. This film is showing how the influx of South Americans into the US is going change American society for the worse.
>>
>>86598173
What kind of sjw lolbertarian /pol/tard doesn't eat at a restaurant with, healthy ingredients? Sounds like someone needs to go to Reddit!
>>
what was so special about sicario? felt like a random action movie
>>
File: no place like home.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
no place like home.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>86598235

>teenaged armchair philosophers picking apart a simple genre flick

hurr durr redpill maaaaaaan! haahaaaaa!
>>
>>86596698
Director was cucked into cutting out Emily Blunt's nude scene. This is what passes as redpilled these days?
>>
>>86597388
excellent deflection there mister autism
>>
>>86598219
I have a few movies like that. I really like the movie Slacker. All of the characters in it are shiftless layabouts. It makes Austin look like a cesspool of pseudo-intellectual burnouts with quite literally nowhere to go. I get a lot of enjoyment from watching the characters interact with each other and present their theories on life and culture.

Thank you for allowing me to say that, because my friends would not want to hear me talk about this movie. They would rather talk about Curtis Granderson or Fantasy Football or Nolan or Pigeons Playing Ping Pong.
>>
>>86598219
Lately I've been digging Bo Bartlett's work. You might have seen this one before:
https://www.bobartlett.com/paintings-/recent/1158

I grew up in a small town in the midwest. A lot of his work seems more focused on the great plains and northeast, but they still remind me of the sort of faded americana I grew up with. What about you? What have you been into lately?
>>
>>86598337
>Director was cucked into cutting out Emily Blunt's nude scene
where can i read more?
>>
>>86598286

It's like a shittier version of Traffic.
>>
>>86598341
*Professor Autism
I didn't go through 8 years of schooling to be disrespected on a Peruvian paper-making panel
>>
>>86598330

It's not that complicated really. It's not even subtle. It's right there.
>>
>>86598382
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/emily-blunt-explains-why-she-vetoed-nude-scene-in-sicario-my-tits-2015210
>>
>>86598439

I bet I could piss in your ear and tell you it's raining.
>>
>>86598453
Unless the nude scene was in her contract, I'm totally on-board with this.
>>
>>86598625
That's fine. Just don't say the movie redpilled you.
>>
>>86598696
I'm not OP. I still have no idea why OP said he was red-pilled by this movie.
>>
>>86598364

I'm not really into art, just wondered if you were. This Bo Bartlett is interesting. All of his paintings feel very desolate.
>>
>>86598352

I remember this movie, happened on it while channel flipping on a rainy night with nothing better to do than drink beer and sit in front of the TV. I happened on it midway through but I couldn't change the channel, it was weirdly fascinating.
>>
>>86596999
>evolve
>/pol/
you need to leave your basement yes?
>>
>>86599215
Evolution is based on the propagation of traits, yes? A usage of particular terms that spreads across the population is an example of propagation, yes? You lack a basic understanding of evolution, yes?
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (24KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
24KB, 300x180px
The Graduate redpilled me on why older women are objectively superior.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.