[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Master of suspense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (62KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
62KB, 600x900px
>Decided to show friends this
>early on, they complained how boring the film seems
>then, halfway through, they started to liked it.
>everyone start giving theories and discussed what happened
>near the end, everyone's going crazy, yelling and shouting.

Good movie, glad i showed it to them. Any similar ones?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
best hair kino
>>
What the fuck was Paul Dano's character problem
>>
>>86593180
So, did he hear the whistle?
>>
>>86593180
gone baby gone
Specially if it's a men/women group
>>
>>86593180
epic story OP
>>
>>86593263

Probably an extremely traumatic childhood
>>
>>86593180
I literally just watched this last night with my GF.

Only a few things we were confused by.

1) What was the motivation for the lady and her pedo husband? Was it like a Jigsaw from Saw thing where they kidnapped kids to see how far the parents would go to rescue them? But, then, didn't they also murder some of the children?

2) How long had pedo guy been dead in the Priest's basement? Did the priest kill him after hearing his confession in order to end the serial killings of the 1980-90s?

3) Did the lady let the little black girl go free, or did she escape when both her and the white girl tried to flee? Why did the little black girl say that Hugh Jackman put tape on her? Was she misremembering because she was groggy?

4) How did Hugh Jackman put it together that the aunt was behind the kidnappings/murders? Did Paul Dano eventually reveal that?

5) The other pedo who shot himself was obviously an admirer/fetishist about the 1980-90s disappearances. He read that fringe theory book and appears to have figured out that the lady was behind the crime before the detective. Was he also kidnapped as a boy? Or did he put it all together himself when he solved the maze at the end of the book?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up. It was a great movie. Very suspenseful. Reminded us of modern mystery kino like Zodiac.
>>
>>86593391
>Why did the little black girl say that Hugh Jackman put tape on her?

IIRC she didn't. She said they they put tape on her and in the same breath, that Hugh Jackman was there at the house. Which he was at the time

The ambiguity of the way she says what happened, makes it seem to others present that she's referring to the same person (Jackman being the named one) instead of two people
>>
>>86593391
1. Their own child died of cancer, so they feel unfair because other people still have their kid but doesnt take care of them properly

2. Not sure.

3. The black girl escaped, she only said that she saw wolverine been there before. That's because wolverine had just visited the old woman's place

4. Refer to 3. He realised that from what the girl said.

5. Yes, he also kidnapped as a boy but managed to escape. He barely remembers because of the drugs thats why he starts an obsession towards the kidnapping
>>
>>86593180
The guy in the top always looks to me like a video game character
>>
>>86593693
For no 1, its half-right, their child died from cancer, so they rebeled againt God who took their child.
>>
Same exact thing happened to me OP. Watched it with a girl and I thought she was uniterested and bored as fuck and by the ending she was on the edge of her seat. GOAT movie.
>>
>>86593180
>Any similar ones?

Memories of Murder
The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
Mystic River
Kill-List
Headhunters
>>
>>86593263
Was he not a former abductee who was traumatised by his experience and took on the mannerisms of his abductors? E.g. the maze thing which we see the abductors were into considering the father's maze necklace.
>>
>>86593897
By taking children from families to reduce the parents to hatred and/or vigilanteism and so steal souls from god and send them to hell, or whatever.
>>
>>86594549
Yeah, he was the first kid that they kidnapped 20-something years ago. Hence the article at the end describing how he was reunited with his family.

What was the deal with the snakes in the plastic bins? Why were the snakes a recurring theme in the crimes?
>>
File: PrisonersTr2620.jpg (34KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
PrisonersTr2620.jpg
34KB, 620x350px
>I'll be with you shortly. I just have to take a quick shower...
>>
>>86594701
>Saw police coming to hideout, quickly act like a drunk who slept at the place.

Even as a character, he's still good at acting.
>>
>>86593772
That's because he reminds you of heavy rain lol
>>
>>86593180
Zodiac
>>
>>86593180
>they complained how boring the film seems
>everyone start giving theories and discussed what happened
>everyone's going crazy, yelling and shouting
Why can't americans watch movies in silence? You're not children, for fuck's sake.
>>
glorified 2 hour NCIS episode
call me when villeneuve makes his first 6+/10 movie
>>
>>86597089
Incendies is great.
>>
>>86596993
yea man no fun allowed.
>>
>>86596993
Why bother going out of your way to watch the movie in a group if you are just going to sit in silence?
>>
This movie would have been a classic if the daughter actually died and Jackman simply deacended into an insatiable madness. That horrible Saturday morning cartoon villain bullshit at the end fucked up a great premise. Otherwise all the parts were there.
>>
>>86597151
It's overrated. It has a lot of forced elements just fulfill the twist.
>>
>>86597151
literally his worst
>>
>>86597261
That sounds quite stupid and would be against the point of the entire narrative.
The whole film deals with the grey moral area between right and wrong (like most Villeneuve films), the director portrays certain situations as is and it's up to the viewer to decide what's right or not. Killing the daughter and making him "insane" would defeat the entire purpose of his character and the film in general.
>>
File: 1488337962734.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
1488337962734.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
I have a question and I don't know if I just missed something or what. Who was Jake messaging all the time? Was it just his police buddies? They showed him focusing on his phones multiple times and I don't know if he was just getting messages from his office or what. I might have accidently missed that part. Can't remember.
It was a fun movie though. Quite enjoyable.
>>
They didn't cry until I left them.
>>
>>86593223
This
>>
>>86593391
I feel like kidnapping kids is its own reward.
>>
>>86594666
Snakes are symbolic of the devil who rebelled against God. The woman and husband said the motivation for their crimes was rebellion against God for killing their son.
>>
>>86598482
kino
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.