[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the comfiest movie franchise of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: HarryPotter.jpg (108KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
HarryPotter.jpg
108KB, 1200x600px
Is this the comfiest movie franchise of all time?
>>
>>86586008
Maybe, but only because it has 7 installments instead of 3 or 4.
>>
Only if you're underage and grew up with these movies
>>
File: 1485503536798.jpg (1MB, 1596x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1485503536798.jpg
1MB, 1596x2850px
>>86586008
It is anything but comfy, seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. This pasta is so stale nobody will realize I'm gay. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>86586008
Not even a little bit, they're pretty bad movies. Oldfags will remember LOTR at the comfiest movie franchise of all time.
>>
DULLEST FRANCHISE
U
L
L
E
S
T
>>
I will never understand why people love this series so much.
>>
>>86586148
Because it's maximum comfy.
>>
>>86586148
Alot of us would have grown up with the series and read the books.
>>
>>86586184
I did too, but I never got attached to it, even after reading all the books/seeing the movies.
>>
>>86586057
This pasta is so mediocre and dry. Doen't have anything truly interesting about it. Make better one instead of forcing this unfunny shit.
>>
>>86586008
Whats the appeal of this? I tried watching the first movie and it seemed childish as fuck
>>
>>86586303
They get better as you go on.
>>
>>86586220

What's even the purpose of your post? Are you asking to be spoonfed appreciation? Fucking annoying, if it's not to your liking find a topic more relevant to yourself
>>
>>86586008
Yup. Part 3 was and is simply the best out of all of them.
>>
>>86586008
The original LotR movies are exponentially comfier than this tripe.
>>
>>86586057
This pasta is older than /lit/ mate
>>
>LOTR blurays have 26 hours of extended footage and behind the scenes

You just want there to be a blizzard so you have an excuse to watch it all
>>
>>86586303
>watch a movie intended for 10 year olds
>it's childish

No shit retard.
>>
File: ufuckingwotcunt.png (124KB, 282x349px) Image search: [Google]
ufuckingwotcunt.png
124KB, 282x349px
>>86586008
>Is this the comfiest movie of all time?
Went ahead and fixed this for you, bud. PoA is the only good Harry Potter movie worth watching.
>>
>>86586978
Nah. half blood prince isbetter.
>>
File: 1420037560163.png (866KB, 776x3623px) Image search: [Google]
1420037560163.png
866KB, 776x3623px
>>86586057
It might not be comfy, but you should still stop posting the dullest copypasta in the history of copypastas. Seriously each thread about the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains is now indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy rhetoric, the pasta’s only consistency has been its lack of humor and ineffective use of repetition, all to make trolling unfunny, to make shitposting seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when anons vetoed the idea of using a different image each time: they made sure the pasta would never be remixed or worked upon? just ridiculously profitable cross-thread pandering for (You)s. The Harry Potter copypasta might be anti-kino (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Banepost in its refusal of innovation, applicability and funniness. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>b-but it's board culture though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the pasta is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time it is posted, the anon merely changes the first sentence. I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was the only attempt made to contextualize it to the topic of the thread. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. /tv/'s mind is so governed by cliches and stale memes that it has no other style of shitposting. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the Harry Potter copypasta by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these anons are shitposting about Harry Potter on /tv/, then when they get older they will go on to make memes on Reddit. And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you use the "Harry Potter" copypasta you are, in fact, being trained to make Reddit memes.
>>
>>86586057
>ayn rand
>anything other than delusional tripe that got promoted by the CIA as anti communist propaganda
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.