[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, I miss The Wire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: the-wire.jpg (143KB, 1022x521px) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
143KB, 1022x521px
When will we have something on par with it?

What should I watch after The Wire, be it a tv show or a movie?
>>
Luke Cage
>>
>>86586304
>
>>
If The Wire came out today, people would hate on it for having a white main character Jimmy McNulty and solving the poor black people's problems
>>
>>86585952
The sopranos is a close second.
True detective s1 is pretty good also.
>>
>>86585952
The Shield is good cop drama.
>>
>>86586414
Well I forgot to mention I watched almost every possible good tv show.

Only thing I didn't are The Rome, westwood and The shield and that's probably it.

I watched: The Sopranos, Breaking bad, Deadwood, Oz, Boardwalk empire, The Young pope, Rubicon, the honourable woman and many more but i consider those the best.
>>
>>86586546
>hasn't seen Rome or The Shield
>thinks young pope is one of the best
Not sure if troll
>>
>>86586546
Rome is not as essential as people make it out to be
also the young pope is just plain average TV
>>
>>86586546
well you did leave out a good trio there, rome's pretty good
>>
>>86586408
I literally hate niggers but McNulty was my least favorite character, BY FAR. The way he handled all that shit with his ex-wife was dumb as fuck, and in season 5 he basically turns in to a caricature of himself.
>>
>>86586408
That is not true. If The Wire was produced today it would be shut down after few episodes because it implies that black communities have serious problems.
>>
>>86586632
They'd spin it into a narrative about white oppression
>>
>>86586604
>>86586580

I thought so. Well lads thank you , I am going to watch them, I just wasn't sure would someone that calls The Wire probably the best tv show ever like them.
>>
treme
>>
>>86585952
>>86586546
Anon, have you watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica...?
>>
>>86586408
Not necessarily, Lester Freamon was basically just an old McNulty.
>>
>>86587454
Seconded.

Also, The Leftovers, Shameless US, Narcos, The West Wing, Utopia, Better Call Saul. First seasons of Homeland and Sons of Anarchy are pretty good.

Miniseries: Big Little Lies, The Night Manager, The Night Of.

Comfy: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Veronica Mars, This Is Us.

Not great, but entertaining: Black Sails, Banshee, Orphan Black, Penny Dreadful.
>>
>>86586546
Watch Mad Men
>>
>>86588272
I watched everything except the leftovers. I didn't like it really. But i also forgot the west wing so it goes up on my list.

You have very good taste and i am surprised that you didn't watch the newsroom. It was so fucking based series.
>>
>>86588402
I watched the first season actually. I have to get back to it sometime.
>>
>>86588669
It gets even better. Unlike first one, 2nd season is only one big story.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.