[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What movies has the best mindfuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

What movies has the best mindfuck?
>>
Now You See Me 2
>>
Now You See Me 1
>>
>>86583342
the dark knight
>>
>>86583342
Mulholland Drive
Holy Motors
The Machinist
Moon
Funny Games
The Prestige
>>
coherence
/thread
>>
Brazil
>>
Timecrimes
>>
incendies
>>
>>86583457
Coherence is so fucking cheesy and laughable
Oh holy fuck there are an infinite number of realities and exact copies of us in them! Better have a shoved love side story now and talk about their "feelings" and meaningless shit like what they had for dinner last night after that major relevation.
>>
In the Mouth of Madness left me questioning reality for about a week. Good film to watch if your reasoning ability is being hampered by insomnia.

>>86583607
Triangle (2009) is also bretty good if you enjoyed this. Spoiler: I like the way it sets you up to think a time loop, in the science-based paranormal phenomenon sense of a time loop, is the answer, and then goes full-on theism in suggesting she's actually being punished by God.
>>
>>86583365
>>86583417
Why didn't they call Noy You See Me 2, "Now You Don't"?
>>
>>86583726
Oh yeah I've seen Triangle, I really enjoyed it. Nearly got tricked into thinking it would be just another shitty B thriller by the trailer
>>
>>86583342
Coherence
It's low budget, but still pretty cool. It has this element of paranoia or claustrophobia to it, where a bunch of people are stuck together in some sort of situation that keeps getting worse and worse.
>>
>>86583457

reddit: the movie. switched it off after about ten minutes.
>>
>>86583607
This.
>>
Shutter Island
>>
>>86583916
If you have a legitimate criticism I'd be glad to hear it. Otherwise, fuck off loser.
>>
>>86583741
If memory serves it was more popular in China than the West, so the wordplay probably wouldn't have translated
>>
>>86583963
here's some legitimate criticism: it's shit
>>
>>86583571
Literally an epic masterpiece, so easy to get lost in this maze of a film.
>>
>>86583571
not as good as 12 monkeys desu
>>
>>86583342
Sleuth (1972)
>>
>>86583958
this shit, i love the fire, water symbolism too
>>
>>86583607
TERRIBLE flick
>>
>>86583963
This anon already has >>86583646
It's so clear that they just vaguely fucked around the set and shot cheesy improvisational scenes so the film was actually made in the editing room. The execution of most filmmaking elements is pretty fucking bad. All of the night scenes are completely atrocious, handheld shaky cam where you can't even comprehend what the fuck is going on and who is on-screen. But people like you operate on the peak-end rule and you feel "mindfucked" by the ending and totally forget that 90% of the rest of the movie was just a bunch of C tier TV improvisational skits.
>>
Any shinya tsukamoto film
Any raul ruiz film
Any lucio fulci film

t. patrician
>>
File: images-8.jpg (30KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
30KB, 332x443px
>>
>>86584259
I can see your point, the movie is definitely not something I'd call good, but I have not seen very many movies that intentionally go for the big "mindfuck" plot and coherence stands out for some reason. Either way, thanks for the genuine post.
>>
>>86583442
>Funny Games
How?
>>
>>86583958
>>86584217

Is this movie meant to have a twist? It seemed very straightforward and obvious. Plus, Leo simply can't act, he ruins literally every flick he's in.
>>
Being John Malcovich

Cries and Whispers

Exotica
>>
Lucky Number Slevin
>>
Prestige
Momento
Inception
Interstellar
>>
>>86583457
dis nigga gets it
>>86583646
>>86583916
these two do not

if you are willing to ignore the shit characters and focus on the story and how it was realized you will notice something new every time you rewatch coherence....

hint : you do not stay in the same reality between cuts...
>>
>i'm in insurance
what did she mean by this
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.