[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien 3>Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 6

File: alien-3.jpg (543KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alien-3.jpg
543KB, 1280x720px
Alien 3>Covenant
>>
Pleb
>>
>>86562033
why are plebs so utterly incapable of understanding Covenant? do they not teach Byron in school anymore?
>>
Alien 3 is the only Alien sequel worth watching.
>>
File: official alien ranking.png (385KB, 1327x597px) Image search: [Google]
official alien ranking.png
385KB, 1327x597px
official Alien tier chart right here
>>
>>86562033
Alien 3 is best movie in the god damn series, and I will fucking fight anyone who disagrees
>>
I've never seen but bits and pieces of Alien 3 and 4. Should I? Huge fan of the series, seen every other movie in the franchise.
>>
>>86562979
Yes, Alien 3 and Resurrection are way better than all other films in the series except the original.
>>
>>86563010
>Yes, Alien 3 and Resurrection are way better than all other films in the series except the original.
Better than Aliens? I doubt that.

Also, I've never seen either of the AvP movies. Should I watch those as well, even though I know they're probably complete crap?
>>
>>86562971

It's like a badly directed music video full of homo rage.
>>
Prometheus was the best I thought, alien movies are just dumb slasher flicks
>>
>>86563034
yes, Aliens is a mediocre flick that had above average special effects that tricked people into thinking its good. 3 follows the spirit of the first Alien film better and Resurrection did Aliens way better.

Both AvP films are pure garbage and should be avoided, low point of the series.
>>
>>86563096
>yes, Aliens is a mediocre flick that had above average special effects that tricked people into thinking its good.
Pretty sure it was legitimately one of the greatest action movies ever made. I'll give them a watch sometime soon anyway.

>Both AvP films are pure garbage and should be avoided, low point of the series.
I've already heard they were awful but it's really a damn shame that we still haven't gotten a proper AvP movie. Why do studios do this shit?
>>
>>86562033
You're right, but it doesn't mean much. Covenant sets the bar so low that even Aliens looks good in comparison.

>>86562785
*Shelley
>>
>implying this scene wasnt great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfN9jSYviDE
>>
>>86562886
is not eight chan like legit pedo , so aliens would be their #1 alien 3 their #2 only coz newt body
>>
>>86562886
>8ch
>Litteraly reddit with a Yotsuba B skin
>>
>>86562785
>>86563181
>tfw absolutely love "Ozymandias" and second guessed myself when David said it was written by Byron when I knew it was by Shelley
Felt kinda dumb after that, not gonna lie.
>>
Prometheus, Alien and Alien 3 are the only movies in the trilogy.
>>
>>86563057
Pleb
>>
>>86563189
The CGI is really fucking shit.
>>
>>86563189
>pilot chick refuses to unlock the door because of quarantine protocols even though it would've taken like 5 seconds to unlock the door, pull the other chick out of the room and lock it back again
>she had plenty of time to do this
>goes back, gets a gun, and comes back to unlock the door anyway
>slips and falls from the blood on the floor like a moron
>accidentally lets the alien out of the room
>BLOWS UP THE FUCKING SHIP BY ACCIDENTALLY FIRING ON THE GASOLINE INSTEAD OF JUST GOING OUTSIDE AND WAITING FOR IT TO COME OUT
That scene was so fucking stupid. Although the alien bursting out of the guy's back was pretty good. Literally everything else was retarded though.
>>
>>86562979
>Huge fan of the series
>never seen Alien 3 and 4

How does that work exactly?
>>
>>86563560
>seen literally every other Alien movie, including Prometheus
>even read some of the comics
Hurr.
>>
What's the best version of this film?
>>
>>86563643
Yet you're the HUGE FAN right? You need permission to watch which movies to see in your fav franchise?
>>
>>86563452

It broke through the window. She didn't let it out.
>>
>>86563643

>read shitty comics
>hasn't seen A3: Assembly Cut
>huge fan

Cant' blame you for skipping 4. I wish I could erase it from memory myself.
>>
>>86563886
I don't want to waste time watching a shitty fucking movie. Calm down, lad.

>>86563892
Ah, I only skimmed through that scene. That makes it even worse, although I guess she wouldn't know that.
>>
>>86562971
Definitely. It captures the feel of the original film and takes it a whole lot further, the atmosphere and tension is palpable.

>>86562979
Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien > Covenant > Alien vs. Predator > Resurrection > Aliens > Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

>>86563643
If you've seen and enjoyed Covenant, you'll like 3, and it'll feel very familiar in parts, especially Golic and the way they deal with the Xeno.
>>
>>86564082
Holy fuck, you are the definition of a pleb.
>>
>>86563974
Yet you've watch Prometheus, AVP and all that other shit. Sorry but calling yourself a huge fan implies you've seen it all right? If we all said no to your question would that really stop you from watching those movies for the sake of completion?
>>
>>86564215
Aliens fan spotted, go back to /r/camerons_tasty_cock with the rest of your kind.
>>
>>86564261
>"even though you've seen every movie in the franchise but two and consider the first two movies to be among the GOAT, you can't be a huge fan unless you haven't seen these two"
Also I didn't know what I was going into when I saw Prometheus or Covenant.
>>
>>86564357
What? I called you a pleb because you rank Prometheus and Alien 3 over the original.
>>
>>86562033

No doubt.
>>
>>86564494

Prometheus as good. Had some dumb characters, of course, but purty good nonetheless.
>>
OFFICIAL UNBIASED ALIEN RANKINGS
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus
4. Alien 3
5. Alien: Covenant
6. AVP
7. Alien: Resurrection
8. AVP:R
>>
>>86564494
>Huge fan of the series
>series

You're a fan of two of the movies. Not the whole. Get your story straight.
>>
>>86564526
I did that because they're better films. Alien is beautiful, and atmospheric, and influential, but it's also basically just a slasher film in space with little to offer in terms of science fiction or characterisation. Both Prometheus and Alien 3 have stronger characters, do more to build an interesting and real universe and are far better paced for modern sensibilities.
>>
>>86564642
I agree with this ranking, though I'd maybe switch Ressurection and Covenant
>>
>>86564642
1. Alien
2. Alien 3
3. Prometheus
4. Alien: Covenant
5. Alien: Resurrection
6. Aliens
7. AVP
8. AVP:R
FTFY
>>
>>86564642
Aliens > Alien
>>
>>86564642
>>86564813

>even including the AvP movies

Why?
>>
>>86563164
The first AVP movie is watchable as long as you have very low expectations. The second AVP movie is just awful. There's some impregnation fetish stuff that's sort of hot,
though.
>>
>>86564913
For completionists sake.
But I do consider them to be part of the Predator franchise and not the Alien one.
>>
>>86564913
Only mindless sheep dislike AvP, it's a great film.

>>86564969
>I do consider them to be part of the Predator franchise and not the Alien one
Why? They weren't contradicted until Alien: Covenant.
>>
Also Fire & Stone is way better than Alien: Covenant.
>>
>>86564642
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien 3
4. Prometheus
5. AVP
6. Alien: Resurection
7. Alien: Covenant
8. AVP: R
>>
They should have made Covenant an Alien prequel that had nothing to do with Prometheus.

It could have been all about the ship they found on the moon in Alien. Instead they fucked two franchises in one.
>>
>>86565072
>Why? They weren't contradicted until Alien: Covenant.
They aren't really contradicted by AC either.
They just work better as Predator films because they help fill out the Predator lore.
As Alien films they lack the essential setting of space.
>>
>>86565093

Give me the gist, anon.
>>
>>86565072

Because they're shitty cashgrabs that add nothing to the lore or verse.
>>
>>86565143
so wrong it hurts

1. Alien
2. Alien 3
3. Covenant
4. Aliens
5. Prometheus
6. AVP
7. Resurrection
>>
>>86565192
Space isn't important for an Alien film, Alien 3 didn't have any scenes in space except the 2-3 second flashes you saw of the escape pod during the opening credits.

>>86565249
>that add nothing to the lore or verse
Doesn't sound like you've seen them.
>>
>>86564737
Are you mentally retarded? Honestly, are you missing a fucking chromosome? This is the worst opinion I have ever read, every single fucking "point" is made-up. I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room with your mother having to do everything for you. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about how objectively awful movies are "good" somehow. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you do is scream contrarian nonsense. You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
>>86564948
>There's some impregnation fetish stuff that's sort of hot, though.
Could you post a compilation of that?
>>
>>86565427
lmao holy shit, you're not an Aliens fan, you're fucking Cameron himself, aren't you?
>>
>>86562886
>8 chan
That site is as pointless as voting 3rd party.
>>
File: nxM5Q[1].jpg (11KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
nxM5Q[1].jpg
11KB, 313x313px
>>86565282
>covenant above aliens
>>
>>86565297

>Doesn't sound like you've seen them.

Fanboy 'who would win in a fight' shit is not an addition to anything.
>>
>>86565468
I've seen a webm of some or most of it on /tv/ before, but I didn't save it, sorry. Maybe someone else has it.
>>
>>86565496
>The conversation was about original
>you're fucking Cameron himself
>>
>>86565205
People escape from the Aliens' colony to the Prometheus planet.
Black goo released from Prometheus crash fucked up the environment and turned all life into Alien-hybrids.
Exploration crew looking for The Prometheus wreckage lands on planet.
Predators show up.
Engineers show up.
Android merges with black goo.
People die.
>>
Just watched Covenant. Liked it more than Prometheus. Every body slipping on the same pool of blood was doom. The xenomorph standing straight upright and walking all casual look real dumb too. Still seems like poorly written fan fiction compared to Alien.
>>
>>86565579
>>The conversation
You call that a conversation, fucko? I just skimmed it but I thought we were back to insults as you have no valid arguments to make and are incapable of discussing films like an adult.
>>
>>86565297
Alien 3 still has the feeling of isolation that works best in space.
I guess AVP does have isolation but having humans encounter Xenos so close to our own time period feels weird.
>>
>>86565589

Are you kidding me?
>>
>>86565746
No, and it's still better than Alien: Covenant.
>>
>>86562785
Even Alien 3 deals with all the God/Devil thingy better.
>>
>>86562785

What's there to understand? Its an excuse to kill a bunch of people on camera with the Xenomorph tossed in as a cash grab. Could have been Jason Voorhees and the movie wouldn't change.
>>
>>86566018
>David unleashes a bioweapon on a planet which mutates people into proto-Jason Vorheeses and experiments on them to create the perfect Jason Vorhees
Yeah that's exactly what happened. What a terrible argument, if that applies to Covenant then it applies to every entry in the franchise far more because they don't include the origin story which obviously doesn't match at all.

I hope you have the self awareness to realise how stupid you sound.
>>
>>86566145
>>David unleashes a bioweapon on a planet which mutates people into proto-Jason Vorheeses and experiments on them to create the perfect Jason Vorhees
Sounds like Jason X.
>>
>>86566145

Covenant is easily understandable. It's just stupid.
>>
>>86563189
It's only a "backburster" because they had to do something new
What the fuck is going on? Are professional people actually lazy as fuck?
>>
>>86566470

It's the easiest way to show they're different aliums. Spores don't cause Xenos.

The first aliens don't seem to have the second mouth thing that punches through the chest.
>>
>>86566470

Well it also gets vomited up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UeNBeJ_y34
>>
>>86566470
>I don't understand x therefore they only did it because someone made them
Yeah I'm sure it's not just because you're an idiot that wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>86563189
What ridiculous B-movie is this scene from?
>>
Anyone who lists Aliens lower than Alien is either a bigger fan of horror/atmospheric movies (which is fine) or a contrarian piece of shit (which is not fine, grow up). Aliens is one of the greatest films of its type ever made, and arguably one of the greatest films of all time. It didn't try to be Alien 2 and it excelled at what it did try to be: the logical progression of when you remove the "monster eats janitors in space" dynamic of the unknown creature and its prey and brought in the marines to deal with the hostile alien organism that's killing people.
>>
>>86566552
I haven't watched the movie, just remarking on "backbursters"
They really couldn't do anything new, could they?
>>
>>86566723
Aliens only appeals to plebs who want action movies with a happy ending. Go to bed Cameron.

>>86566740
>I haven't watched the movie
That makes you even stupider for criticising it, but also thanks for explaining why there are so many shitposts about it.
>>
>>86566723

>>
>>86566723
Aliens is a generic action flick for redditors, gamers and contrarian plebs.
>>
>>86566900
You don't need to watch a movie to know it's complete shit.
>>
>>86566723
>And then Ripley finally defeats the Aliens once and for all, and she survives with a new daughter and husband and they live happily ever after, the end
Tripe. I dread to think what would have happened to the franchise without Fincher setting the record straight and demonstrating what a sequel to Alien should be like.
>>
>>86567198

If only they let him do that.
>>
>>86565656
Neither were his.
>>
>>86566188
No it doesn't.
>>
>>86567198
This.

I don't understand the hate Alien 3 gets. It was always a bleak, desperate story; two driven organisms locked in conflict between machine-like, uncaring yet intelligent animal instinct and complex human emotion and the drive to survive
The beginning of 3 sets the tone by fucking any semblance of hope Ripley had by killing off Hicks and Newt, which is great. It's all about Ripley again, not a bunch of space muhreens.
Say what you want about Alien 3; it had balls, and a fantastically oppressive atmosphere to match. The films needed a reminder of what Ripley was

Then Joss Whedon came along and utterly fucked up in the kind of way I couldn't hope to describe
>>
Fuck you memeing cunts alien 3 is by far the worst alien movie in the franchise
>>
>>86563057
This
If they avoided the chest bursting and dumb crews from the Alien movies and had it as a standalone movie then it would have been much better though
>>
>>86568203
Well put. I really do think it's just Aliens fans that push the 'Alien 3 is bad' meme, precisely because it kills off Hicks and Newt and has them Xeno being a threat again instead of a bug to be dispatched with a few bullets.
>>
>>86566934
t.retard
>>
>>86568596
Oh sorry. How many times did you watch Movie 43?
>>
>>86568559
In Aliens the xenos are only a threat in groups, which says a lot
>>
>>86563259
>>86565498
t. newfriends who started browsing post 2007

8chan is for discussion, 4chan is for shitposting
>>
>>86568203
Because it was shittily executed, even if your vision there is what you wanted from it and what you sort of got. Maybe if it had a competent director it would have been better, but the film we got is not and will never be what it could have been in any respect.
>>
>>86570502
You know just insulting something isn't a criticism right? Tell us what's actually wrong with it instead of just saying "it's shit".
>>
>>86570604
He said "I don't understand why." That's why. You have hundreds of reviews and opinions you can review but any of the ones that don't boil down to "It wasn't Aliens 2" will boil down to that.
>>
>>86563259
Rekt
>>
>>86565282
>Aliens not in the top 2

Bye
>>
>>86570744
"shittily executed" isn't a criticism, nor is insulting the director. And both are wrong too.
>>
>>86570811
I'm not gonna write you a fucking novel on how it failed to capture both the atmosphere and screenplay of the first film or the quotability and fun of the second in a thread that thinks "Aliens is Reddit" is criticism. You asked, you have your answer, I don't care if your little feelings got hurt because you like a shit movie that could have been a good movie if it were a different movie.
>>
>>86570910
>it failed to capture both the atmosphere and screenplay of the first film
Wrong.

>the quotability and fun of the second
Good. Aliens is trash, and it seems you already know where you need to go.
>>
>>86570988
>Aliens is trash
Nice criticism. Do you have a link to your reddit so I can upvote you?
>>
>>86571318
You asked, you have your answer, I don't care if your little feelings got hurt because you like a shit movie that could have been a good movie if it were a different movie.
>>
>>86571417
The difference of course being that society at large hates Alien 3 and loves Aliens, so your cute little quip there is at odds with reality. Aliens doesn't get the hate that Alien 3 does because it's objectively a better film.
>>
File: 1502485964675.jpg (86KB, 404x462px) Image search: [Google]
1502485964675.jpg
86KB, 404x462px
>>86571722
>You can identify a good film by whether the plebs liked it
>>
>>86571849
Not just the plebs, basically anyone who has an opinion outside of your little hugbox, and even IN your hugbox there's dissent.
>>
>>86570502
It's well-known that Alien 3 is not what it was supposed to be, but given what it is, it's a great movie and a fitting sequel. You don't have to like or admire it, but I think that from the set design, the claustrophobia of it all, and the few important characters who all have their plot points, it's a very underrated piece of work that deserves at least a little praise.
I wouldn't say it's "shitily executed" at all, except for the more obvious bits of CGI which were always going to age badly, let's face it. Had the movie been made ten years later the CGI may not have dated so badly but hey-ho. It's functional and serves a purpose at least.

>>86571722
Aliens is probably better made than 3, you're right. There's very little anyone could find wrong with it; it's incredibly well-made from sets and props to lighting, dialogue, set-pieces, characters, pacing and tension; it's a 10/10 action movie.
The thing is that Alien wasn't an action movie, and neither is 3, so while Aliens is a great and well-made piece of art, it doesn't degrade the others in the trilogy.
And it is a trilogy. Fuck Resurrection and everyone who decided it was a good idea.
>>
I like every movie except Resurrection. Alien is definitely better than Aliens. Covenant and Prometheous pale in comparison to the original trilogy but are fine movies despite the retarded parts. AvP movies don't count and if you think they do, kill yourself.

Aliens is somehow one of the worst and greatest sequels ever made.
>>
>>86572853
This anon gets it!

Aliens is a fantastic flick, but a horrible Alien sequel. While I commend it for trying and succeeding at being its own thing, I also have to criticize it for losing almost everything that made Alien great in the process
>>
>>86572967
If the franchise had ended at Aliens, it'd be a great sequel. But when the franchise didn't end, it instantly became a weird outlier that fucked up the creature and lore.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
I WANT TO [SPOILER]KISS[/SPOILER] DANIELS
>>
>>86564642
Fuck you. Avp:r is pure kino.

First 10 mins kills kids
Next kills pregnant ladies in hospital.

Come on
>>
>>86574429
Are you 12, foreign or from reddit? A combination?
>>
>>86574546
Nope. Old fag with maligned taste. I'm not saying it's a good movie. It's great at being a schlock film about two warring franchises. Also I enjoy seeing things destroyed on film that in reality most humans would consider disgusting
>>
AvP is fun
>>
>>86574429
If they just edited all the bullshit human plots out of the film is could have been a thirty minutes glorious schlock.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.