[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/blog/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1501116379596.jpg (376KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501116379596.jpg
376KB, 1280x720px
Name the last couple of movies you watched and (optionally) what you think of them.

>Threads
Excellent movie. I liked how it showed the basic advancement of society's decay while still focusing on the fate of the main characters with a sort of b-plot. The practical effects on people seemed pretty good. I'm pretty desensitized to gore but I still felt a pretty strong reaction to Mr and Mrs Kemp laying under their lean to, vomiting and crying and covered in burn wounds. Didn't care for how some of the characters seemed to just disappear and aren't mentioned/seen again (like Alison and Jimmy) unless they do appear and I just missed it. I love how the movie stuck firmly to its bleak theme and had nothing actually improve for anyone after the bombs. Overall a fantastic movie and I highly recommend it.

>Mad Max: Fury Road

I liked it. Very fast paced and I love when movies show the action without slow-mo every single second. Went into it expecting not to like it because of Mel Gibson not reprising his role as Max, yet the movie still didn't disappoint. The villain seemed killed off pretty suddenly but I guess that's a subjective kind of thing. Overall a pretty good movie, really alleviated any worries I had about Tom Hardy as Max. Still not convinced the Furiosa spinoff won't be awful, though I'm looking forward to The Wasteland.

If anyone has any suggestions for more nukekino I'm all ears.
>>
thanks
>>
>>86556235
Why is it that just this image alone is enough to ruin my whole day and scare the shit out of me?
>>
>>86556235
Big fan of the first film you listed, it's easily in my top ten. I'm of the belief that this film can really break down anyone, and the imagery of the woman with the baby still haunts me. In regards to characters vanishing, I think that aids the film. It's not a dramatic Hollywood picture, it's a depiction of the events of Nuclear fallout on a tiny island. People would certainly vanish from your life regularly.

I watched the second you listed today, weirdly enough. Didn't like it that much, and as a huge fan of The Road Warrior, I'm not too big on how over the top and video-gamey the chase sequences came across.
Also confirmed my suspicion that Hardy can't really act. He can do one character and pout a lot, but I absolutely never felt like I was watching Mad Max on the screen.
>>
Threads isn't a movie

It's made for TV
>>
>>86560060
a made for tv movie
>>
Threads a shit!
>>
>>86560169
pleb
>>
>>86560237
Leftie scaremongering pretending to be kino. The inconvienient truth of the 80's
>>
>>86560565
>shows the horrors of nuclear war
>scaremongering

Want to know how I know you're a dumb kid that thinks war is cool?
>>
File: download (9).jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>86560625
Want to know how I know you're a brainwashed sheep?
>>
>>86560814
Feel free to enlighten us as to what the truth is. Do you believe nuclear warheads do not kill people? What the fuck are you even trying to argue?
>>
>>86560923
Yeah, look how Hiroshima is a desolate wasteland inhabited by mutants.
>>
>>86556235
what version did you watch? all I have is this shitty 480p web version and the quality sucks monkey balls, but I'm wondering if anything better even exists given its age
>>
File: 1484820415835.png (588KB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
1484820415835.png
588KB, 720x389px
>>86560982
80 thousand people died in Hiroshima alone you fucking mong. Do you have any idea how much that is? Of course not, because you're a desensitized teenager that doesn't understand the value of human life. There's around 1,875 people in this image. Just try to imagine 80,000. Another 70,000 were injured and 1,900 ended up dying anyways due to cancer and other complications from the fallout.

Hiroshima isn't fucking Fallout: New Vegas or whatever because the bomb detonated in the air and there was only one. If big boy nukes started flying today there'd be a lot more than one and it'd be a lot fucking stronger than some proto-bomb from the 40s. If you lived anywhere near an urban center there wouldn't be any duck and covering in your basement and riding it out-- you'd be fucking dead and so would everyone else.

You should also keep in mind Japan could also focus a lot more effort on reconstructing and making Hiroshima inhabitable again because it was two cities and not the entire country that got flattened. Maybe you should know what you're talking about before vomiting bullshit conspiracy garbage.

>>86561342
https://fmovies.is/film/threads.prymj/v8z6w4

highest quality one I could find lad
>>
File: 1502898738176.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502898738176.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>86561723
yeah that's no better than what I have. ah well cheers anyway
>>
>>86556235
>Andrei Rublev
Got this during the Criterion sale, have seen every Tarkovksy film now except for Offret. I really enjoyed the film despite its intimidating run-time (admittedly I watched it in two parts...but it's a two part film so I feel justified in doing so). Many interesting set-pieces, gorgeous cinematography, and the episodic structure works very well to communicate the themes. Probably my 3rd favorite Tark after Zerkalo and Stalker.

>Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
Expected a much stupider movie, was pleasantly surprised for it to be just as good as everyone said it was. Smart writing, great performances, a perfect "spoof" without devolving into something like Scary Movie. The "twist" at the end is kind of dumb and pretty pointless, but other than that I have very few complaints.
>>
>A Short Film About Killing (Krzysztof Kieślowski, 1988)
Pretty dang good. The grey, bleached visuals gave a really bleak feel to the film overall. Always a fan of uncomfortable, brutal murder scenes as well.

>Aloft (Claudia Llosa, 2014)
Horseshit lol. I thought people were exaggerating when they talked about how bad it was but nothing happens for the whole runtime and then it just ends. Complete waste of Cillian Murphy.
>>
>>86561723
Also consider the survivors are treated very poorly. I think many of them are dead now, but they were sort of like pariah I believe.
Like they were cursed or diseased or something.

The bombings at Hiroshima and Nagasaki served a purpose though, those 80 thousand that died could have been 200 hundred thousand more if the allies had decided to raid the islands bit by bit, and the Japanese continued to defend themselves and every inch of their land. I am not the person you are replying to.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.