[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started Lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Lost-season1.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-season1.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
I started watching Lost after avoiding it for years, simply because I was completely uninterested in the plot and the concept behind the show.
After completing all the series I was interested in I finally gave it a shot, and even with my low expectations I was surprised at how predictable and painfully average the writing is. Even in the first hours it seems clear that it will be one of those shows that keep the audience hooked using the cheapest trick, i.e. hiding information, hiding the lack of concept behind some kind of mystery you want to uncover. I hate these shows because they're the type of shows that will start rearranging things when interest starts to fade, adding characters or enemies to kindle the fire.

But then again,
> J. J. Abrams

I guess it was my fault for expecting anything good.

Will something happen that will change my mind about this show? Is it actually worth watching?
>>
>>86544875
better go watch the "unpredictable" season 1-5 of game of thrones you edgelord
>>
>>86545085
I actually watched only the pilot of GoT.
"hey these two guys are brother and sister, they'll probably have sex before the pilot is over"
Enormous piece of shit.

Could you actually explain me what do you like about Lost? I want to continue watching it.
>>
>>86545217
You're the worst kind of autist. Name your top 5 shows.
>>
>>86544875

I felt the way you did when I started watching it., towards the end of the first season is when I really started getting into it.
>>
>>86545303
>Rick and Morty
>Xavier: Renegade Angel
>Buffy
>Angel
>Heroes
>>
>>86544875
>a mystery show is hiding information waah waah
Faggot.
Also JJ abrams literally only worked on the pilot.
>>
>>86545303
I could post my top 5 shows, but I want you to explain me something first.

Why whenever something is criticized on this fucking website people inevitably:
> insult
> go watch this/go listen to that
> kys
> you're trolling

Rather than trying to confute the points OP is making, which is how in civilized society (or at least in a discussion between rational people) you get to change someone's mind about something?

And since this is what happens 99% of the time, what's the point in discussing anything here? Because you will find that that kind of behavior does not fall under the definition of "discussion".
>>
However, here is my top 5 (in random order):
> The Wire
> Six Feet Under
> Mad Men
> Twin Peaks
> The Sopranos

Lately I also enjoyed:
> The Night of
> Fargo (mostly seasons 1 and 2)
>>
To me, the first ten or so episodes are pretty shitty aside from the pilot. It picks up after that.
>>
I liked it when it aired for the first time. I tried to re-watch it while ago and felt same as you op. Dont think I made it through even the first season before giving up. Maybe I was younger and stupider. Also it was completely different time, there werent that many interesting tv shows and watching multiple episodes in a row wasnt a thing yet.
>>
Lost was mostly about fucked up people who were put in a place where they could overcome what was wrong with them.
If the characters don't grow on you after season 1, don't bother with the rest.
>>
>>86544875
STOP, STOP NOW!!! you're wasting your time, worst plot ever, nothing gets resolved, ending is utter shit,
>>
>>86544875
> J. J. Abrams
One, you could educate yourself, JJ only worked on the pilot and establishing the mood of the first season, that's literally it.

Also, if all you see when you watch the show are the mysteries, then yeah, you're not going to enjoy it. So stop watching now, please, I don't want a turbo autist like you going near Lost.
>>
>>86545712
>walkabout
>shitty
this board is cancer
>>
>>86546038
You claim to be affected by someone else watching a show some thousand miles from you and I'm the turbo autist? kek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.