[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I watch the original or redux? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: apocalypse now.jpg (100KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse now.jpg
100KB, 1024x682px
Should I watch the original or redux? Why?
>>
Does redux just add the frenchmen scene? if so, its not that important
>>
watch the original first, if you like it watch redux after
pacing on the redux is way off
>>
>>86542485
It adds 49 minutes.
>>
>>86542452
I'd say watch the original cut and if you like that watch the Redux at a later point.
>>
>>86542452
Redux and skip the french scene
>>
>>86542452

original. redux adds nothing.

no definitive version sadly. both are excellent I just don't like the overlength on redux.
>>
>>86542452
watch the original
>>
>>86542452
Redux for sure

>>86542588
oh yeah, also this
>>
>>86542588
>>86542682
What's wrong with the french scene? Skipping scenes on a first viewing seems kind of pointless.
>>
>>86542544
Yeah that's the Frenchman scene it sucks cocks
>>
>>86542722
Watch the original you fag. Redux kills pacing and is pretty much just more indulgent.

If you like original you can watch Redux later, but why would you want your first experience and memory of the film to be of the version that was released way later?
>>
>>86542757
>why would you want your first experience and memory of the film to be of the version that was released way later?
Sometimes later versions are so much better that there's no point in watching the original (Blade Runner and Kingdom of Heaven for example).
>>
I havent seen it in a long while, but if I recall correctly, the french scene is just boring and non important to the story line.

Like everyone is saying, watch the original first, then when you want to rewatch in the future, go for the longer version so you get a slightly different experience from it.
>>
>>86542806
well this isn't it you dumb shit
>>
>>86542500
this
>>
>>86543152
calm down you fargin icehole
>>
File: bean.jpg (17KB, 361x441px) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
17KB, 361x441px
>>86543152
>Getting this mad over nothing.
Manchildren need to leave this board.
>>
>>86542452
Redux is ok, but it's best to watch the original first. It's tighter, more tonally consistent, and more mysterious.
>>
>>86542452
Watch the redux on LSD
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.