[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else legitimately think this is a good movie? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-TheRoomMovie.jpg (19KB, 220x285px) Image search: [Google]
220px-TheRoomMovie.jpg
19KB, 220x285px
Does anyone else legitimately think this is a good movie? It captures your attention from start to finish, and the average forgettable Hollywood movie costs an exponential amount more to make but Tommy was able to produce something incredible and memorable on a small budget with unknown actors.
>>
>>86531912
The Room is legitimately a great movie. I can't remember watching another movie where I laughed as hard.
>>
>>86532041
Same
>>
i think its a sad drama directes by a developmentally disabled person. through the lense of the banal, the stilted dialogue and non sequiters make sense as a sort of hiroshima mon amour meditation on dialogue, plot vs reality and romance. im not joking.
>>
>>86532041
>good movie

not. it's a terrible movie
>>
>>86531912

It's like if an alien watched American Beauty and said "I'm gonna make a movie like that."
>>
It's not good. However the first time you watch it you think Wiseau's a terrible actor. Once you realize that's the actual way he talks (and thus the way Johnny talks) you realize everyone else is a worse actor than him.
>>
>>86532474
I think he embedded parabolic lessons into several of the scenes that most people miss, Tommy is actually a very philosophical man

He's redpilled about women being untrustworthy and disloyal whores too
>>
>>86532592
99% of the blockbusters that Hollywood shits out are homogenized, cliche-ridden trash. Tommy was able to make something extremely memorable and unique on a comparatively shoestring budget and should be applauded for it.
>>
>>86531912
>It captures your attention from start to finish
I could kick you in the balls for 90 minutes and it would hold your attention too. Doesn't mean that its "good."
Its enjoyable because its so objectively flawed and nonsensical, but that doesnt make it a "good movie" ya dig?
>>
>>86532885
The difference is you can choose to turn a movie off if you want
>>
File: Chris_R_.png (335KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_R_.png
335KB, 720x404px
>>86531912

My favorite part of the Room is knowing that the Actor who played Chris R actually had a confrontation with Tommy about "where's my fucking money" (due to some damaged shoes).
>>
Did he hit her?
>>
>>86531912
a hot girl I know is her fave movie, she watches it like 3 times a week. i hung out with her at her place twice, and we watched it twice.

im gonna take her to the movie theater when tehy ahve a midnight screening. brining spoons. def gonna get fucking laid.

getting laid over The Room.

damm son
>>
>>86533676
you best have a sinewy muscular ass
>>
>>86533007
Sure, but you're watching a train wreck. The word "good" is definitively the wrong adjective to describe the movie.
>>
>>86531912
>small budget

Didn't this thing cost like 10 mil despite it looking like trash.
>>
>>86531912
>6 million is a small budget
>>
>>86531912

It's fascinating and you can't look away.

This makes it better than most capeshit and """"comedies"""" nowadays.
>>
>>86531912
Yeah, there are lots of underage Downies who think this movie is good. You're not alone.
>>
The Room is a legitimately good movie.
>>
Conceptually it's solid. It's a modern take on a Greek tragedy. It's about a man whose life slowly unwinds around him until he's overwhelmed and it consumes him. However it fails to hit every mark so catastrophically that it's an enigma of mystery. It doesn't help that Wiseau is an extremely secretive person and what little we know about him is from that book. From what there is written about him Tommy sounds like he's a very optimistic carefree guy who may be 'simple' or have a mild form of autism which is probably what hindered the movie's ability and would explain why he was obsessed with the idea of setting the movie in San Fransisco and his football obsession.

The story behind the room I find more interesting because Tommy seems like a rather endearing person despite... everything. I suppose it's a lesson in how having heart alone may not be enough you also have to have the knowledge to make what you are trying to make or else it will be deemed foolish by other people.

Still funny as fuck to watch though.
>>
also now that I think about it another thing the movie has is the same thing that the RHPS has which is there's a sense of a soul and passion to the movie that the creator poured into it, even if it is the soul of an autistic french man.
>>
The Room is a legitimately good movie.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.