[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Discuss what you liked and pray for Awakening to be greenlit before Ridley kicks the bucket.
>>
>>86531422
Its shit and fox should just officially reboot the franchise like they said they wanted to.
>>
>>86531453
Aye, whole series set out to answer the questions, all it did was raise more, i don't hate the movies, i don't like them either.
>>
>>86531422
I've always been a Ridley fan, and I've always liked the Alien series; the new ones(including future ones) I look forward to.
I don't understand how so many people delve so deep into a movie to nit pick it to the point they don't enjoy it, hell, they probably don't even enjoy film anymore.
Why can't people just watch a movie and appreciate it for what it is. God, I hate this fucking board sometimes.
>>
>>86531422
Eh, the Walter/David scenes were awesome, and I liked some of the tension in the opening act when they get to the planet and people started getting sick, but it denigrated very quickly at the end when Billy Crudup did the retarded thing.
>>
File: 1280.png (354KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
1280.png
354KB, 700x979px
>david will never pin you down and threaten to turn you into one of his experiments and then give you a kiss
why even live famalam
>>
>>86531422
pretty disappointing movie desu
>>
I haven't seen the original Alien films but Covenant and Prometheus were absolutely solid sci-fi horrors that can stand well on their own.
I don't get the hate. Is it a meme?
>>
They should've stuck with doing a direct followup to Prometheus.

It's funny how the fanwank one they went with ended up flopping instead.
>>
File: elizabeth_shaw_noomi_rapace.jpg (215KB, 670x447px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth_shaw_noomi_rapace.jpg
215KB, 670x447px
Whenever I see her in this suit(as a guy who gets hard from tight/cat suits) I wanna fuck her so hard that her womb wound opens up again.
>>
>>86532559
this
last part of the movie felt rushed and tacked on
>>
The whole movie was so fucking boring. I didn't care about any of the characters except David. The prototype xenomophs were terrible and the entire part with the normal xeno sucked. The only parts I liked was the lore behind all of David's experiments and what it took him to reach peak physical perfection for the xenomorph
>>
>>86532631
Jesus christ she is fucking hideous.
>>
>>86531993
The only thing to truely enjoy was Walter/David interactions and the soundtrack. Everything else was boring. All the other literal who actors/actresses were bad. The fight scenes were awful (two people die from slipping on blood, one kills herself by shooting a gas tank, all the mercs can't shoot for shit). The plot doesn't make any sense when you look back to the original Alien. It doesn't make sense David wants to destroy humanity, which has given him everything he loves. Why is does the black goo magically make spores now, or why it only attacks fauna (apparently) and not flora. It's borderline the same movie as prometheus.

Aliens movie just needs to stop, the Xenomorphs just aren't scary anymore. They had something with Engineers, then turned them into giant albino gay space retards that got BTFO by David. Aliens is creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>86531993
Because the original Alien is minimalist futurist kino thanks to Walter Hill rewriting the script and nothing else has been even close
>>
File: Katherine-Waterston.jpg (146KB, 634x951px) Image search: [Google]
Katherine-Waterston.jpg
146KB, 634x951px
I don't care what anyone says I loved this movie and the infection/medbay scene was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_o19X5D2g
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.