[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoT prequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

File: file.png (164KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
164KB, 400x225px
Let's talk about the inevitable GoT prequel

It will probably be about Robert's Rebellion

Who will play who? Will they keep actors from GoT like Charles Dance, Diana Rigg? Clegane?
>>
>Ignoring Dance of the Dragons

They will want to have everything fresh, they won't do Robert's Rebellion
>>
>>86530743
they've literally ruled out Robert's Rebellion as a potential prequel you mong
>>
>>86530999
why do you think this?
>>
Soiler Alert Robert wins
>>
>>86530743
>Not Dunk and Egg
The first one was better than anything else in asoiaf
>>
>>86530743
A prequel should be further back. Think the original first men coming over vs the forest people. Or when the targs first came over with their dragons. Since people love dragons and shit.
>>
why did they give gendry a cartoon hammer that looks nothing like an actual warhammer
>>
>>86530743
They said no Dunk& and egg and no RR

They also want to severely downsize from GoT and use minimal CG, so that rules out anything with fictional creatures.

Literally the only thing left are one of the Blackfyre rebellions or the war of the ninepenny kings

I think it's gonna be the ninepenny kings
>>
>>86531028
They also said Jon wasn't coming back.

I doubt HBO would want a year break between series. So the prequel would likely happen in 2019.
>>
>>86531619
except GRRM himself said it's not Robert's Rebellion.
>>
>>86531549
The Targ conquest of Westros would be an interesting show but too expensive. They can barely afford to CGI the dragons now and they rarely do anything.

And I doubt they could keep the same actors. Maybe possibly Diana Rigg because her character was very old and after a while old people just look the same. They'd have to get new actors for the others.
>>
>>86530743

They are not going to do Robert's Rebellion. Way too much hassle with the actors, since every replaced actor is going to get heavily scrutinized, and it's also all just going to be too familiar.

The first spinoff will be Dunk and Egg or the Dance of Dragons, bank on it. Though if it's the latter, expect them to take a lot of shortcuts for budget reasons, in the vein of the first season of GoT.
>>
>>86531549
>A prequel should be further back
Who dictated this?

RR is the most interesting prequel possible
>>86531589
Yeah it's gonna suck then, why not the RR?
>>86531708
Tywin and other were old already
>>86531927
>too much hassle with the actors, since every replaced actor is going to get heavily scrutinized
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>86532656
>[B]y the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert’s Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That’s not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale.

So spake Martin
>>
>>86532777
He doesn't tell HBO what to do, HBO owns the rights to the books, they animate what they want

They show barely talked about or showed something of RR

He doesn't tell HBO what to do
>>
If a spin-off occurs, they will cast nothing but garbage teens and 20-somethings that they can pay nothing, bloat it with garbage CGI and cash in on the GoT following for two and a half seasons before it is cancelled.
>>
>>86534956
huh, why do you assume this?
>>
File: mmmhmmtargfuckingshits.jpg (69KB, 652x400px) Image search: [Google]
mmmhmmtargfuckingshits.jpg
69KB, 652x400px
OBJECTIVELY BEST RR SPINOFF CASTING:

>Bobby B: Tom Hardy The Big Guy Himself
>Ned Stark: James Mcavoy
>Jon Arryn: Liam Neeson
>Young Jaime:Bradley James
>Mad King: Anthony Hopkins
>Hoster Tully:Donald Sutherland
>Lord Bolton:Cilian Murphy
>Rhaeger: some random emo skinny blonde faggot i dc i dont like this harp playing cocksucker
>Tywin: Linus Roache
>Young Stannis: Colin Morgan
>Brandon:Clive Standen
Females
>Lyanna: Katie Mcgrath
>Young Cersei: Margot Robbie, shes bound to do a period piece at some point
>Young Catelyn:Bonnie Wright
>Rhaella:Alice Eve
>Elia:Hanna Mangan Lawrence

Rate my casting /got/
>>
No point to it.

This will fizzle out just like how LOST and BrBa did when they ended.
And week after those shows were done nobody was talking about them anymore.
>>
>>86536165
>And week after those shows were done nobody was talking about them anymore.

Because those shows lost intrigue. If GoT goes more into magic and deus ex machinas (like the leaked episode had up the ass) folks will watch it and promptly drop it. They forgot what makes the show so good - the intrigue, the cunning, the political maneuvering, the human drama.

Forget the dragons and magic, keep those for special occasions and after large buildups.
>>
>>86536142
>margot robbie
>being a good casting in anything ever
>>
>>86536142
If Tom Hardy was cast as Bobbie B. I would literally have an erection lasting 4 hours
>>
>>86536142
memecast/10. Would watch
>>
>>86530743
Please no. It's the most interesting aspect of ASoIaF and is only made interesting because we are only given snippets about it. Showing it would completely take away the sense of wonder it inspires.

Additionally, the Tower of Joy sequence in Season 6 should be reason enough to hope they stay as far away from that material as possible.
>Arthur Dayne
>duel wielding swords
>>
File: stop_penis_erect_archer.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>86536142
>Tom Hardy as Bobby B.
>You will live to see the big guy himself become a Warlord with a big fuck off hammer
>Tom Hardy will literally become Bobby with that tool.
>>
>>86531589
We'll get the Doom of Valyria most likely.

Maybe the war between the First men and The children.
>>
>>86536142
>Rhaeger: some random emo skinny blonde faggot i dc i dont like this harp playing cocksucker

BASED Castposter
>>
File: 1502866362094.png (1MB, 1191x681px) Image search: [Google]
1502866362094.png
1MB, 1191x681px
More dragons.
>>
They said it would be Tales of Lann the Clever, retards
>>
>>86531033
Dragons, dragons, and more dragons.
>>
>>86530743
YOU STUPID FUKCING FAGGOT THEY ALREADY SAID THAT THEY WILL NOT DO ROBERT'S REBELLION. STUPID FUCKING NIGGER GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU OPEN YOU NIGGER DICK SUCKING WHORE MOUTH KILL YOURSELF
>>
Bearded Henry Cavill as Robert
>>
>>86536814
this, but with 95% less adolescent angst.
>>
Adventures of Hot Pie, please
>>
>>86536496
^^^this^^^
>>
>>86536814
>saying
>doing
>>
>>86536814
>Falling for the oldest trick in the book.
People lie, anon. I thought watching Game of Thrones, if nothing else, would have revealed this truth to you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxvUuSzbMI
I can't imagine as good a scene happening in modern thrones.
Jesus, what went wrong.
>>
>>86536496
Robert's supposed to be stupid sexy, and also young. Tom Hardy's a good looking guy, don't get me wrong, but others who have suggested Henry Cavill are dead on. He's the picture of a young Robert.
>>
>>86537160
why is he so immoral in GoT?
>>
>>86537160
fuck off your your numale baldlet
>>
>>86530743
A court intrigue 'historic' drama like the Tudors or similar.

Set just after the conquest with call backs to it.

The actual main conquest was pretty OP and one sided. Field of fire - meh. The Storm King. Therefore not really dramatic. We've seen dragons burn men alive. We get it. They are dragons...

Set it as the Targs are trying to establish full control over the continent. Maybe start from when Torren Stark bent the knee and follow how Dorne was brought to heal (at the risk of EVER touching Dorne ever again...)

>King Aegon the Conquer
>Sister/Queen Rhaenys
>Sister/Queen Visenya
>Orlys Baratheon (supposed half bro to King and his Hand for the first 7 years after conquest)

Cast them.
>>
>>86537221
>Why is Robert immoral in GoT?
He's analogous to a super wealthy trust fund kiddie who has everything they ever wanted but is still miserable.

No matter how many Women he sleeps with, how many men he kills or bests in battle, or how much he eats and drinks, Robert never feels satisfied. He has a strong need to always be doing something, but nothing can keep him occupied and content for very long. Basically he is so used to getting everything that he can't stay content for any length of time.

There is a throwaway line somewhere in the books where Lyanna talks about disliking Robert because she knows that even if he had her, he wouldn't stay happy for very long.
>>
File: benda knee.jpg (355KB, 1500x599px) Image search: [Google]
benda knee.jpg
355KB, 1500x599px
>>86530743
SInce RR is BTFO apparently:

>TOP TIER
Dunk and Egg
Aegons Landing

>Cheeky book nerds love this
any of the first invasions of westeros
(First Men, Andals, Nymeria)
Blackfyre Rebellions
Targ civil war
>>
>>86537759
>aegon's landing

what's the point of seeing an overpowered character just blow everyone the fuck out?
>>
>>86537795
From a TV show standpoint what more do you have to work with without totally alienating your audience(non book readers)? Its not great, but lets be honest, the prequel wont go further back than Aegons Landing.
>>
>>86536142

>Bobby B was a giant among men
>Casting a high-voiced manlet

Fucking memesters
>>
The first war for dawn, I want to see the night king BTFO a dragon AGAIN
>>
>>86530743
>inevitable
>>
>>86537231
I have no idea why my post provoked this sort of response from you. One actor clearly matches Robert Baratheon's physical description more than the other.
>>
>>86536380
>>86536496
>>86536142

>Implying the guy who got knocked out by meme Shia with 1 punch would be good casting
>Not knowing they will cast a black transgender asian for the role
>>
>>86537795
In all honesty, isn't that what we've been waiting for with Daenerys? Daenerys has as many dragons as Aegon and probably a comparable military force. Obviously Balerion the Dread was fucking huge, but Dany is the only person in the world with dragons by this point in time.
>>
>I've actually been working with all four of the writers. Every one of the four has visited me here in Santa Fe, some of them more than once, and we've spent days together discussing their ideas, the history of Westeros and the world beyond, and sundry details found only in The World of Ice & Fire and The Lands of Ice & Fire.
Reminder that he isn't writing these spinoffs and are merely providing ideas like he does for DabidsGOT
>>
>>86531673
He didn't talk about the shows but books.
>>
>>86538742
>"By the time I finish writing A Song Of Ice and Fire, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion," Martin wrote. "There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale."
I don't think he wants to do a show or books about RR
>>
>>86538839
he doesn't decide what HBO does lmao, he's not a boss there
>>
Aegon's Conquest is only like 300 years old, it would be pretty ripe for a prequel. That or some Old Valyria, not sure if the CGI budget is there for magic out the ass though.

I wouldn't mind some new low tier characters just adventuring, basically Dunk and Egg minus a future Kingsguard and King Targ
>>
>>86531033
Almost no major battles which are expensive.
>>
>>86538936
Would the show work as an anthology? Season 1: Old Valyria before the Doom. Season ends with the Doom. Season two: Aegon's conquest etc etc.
>>
>>86538928
you're dumb
>>
>>86539011
nice argument
>>
>>86530743
>It will probably be about Robert's Rebellion
Unlikely. We know the major events of the rebellion, we know how everything's gonna end up, what is gonna happen to the major figures etc. The only way it could work is if the focus was on new unknown characters with their own struggles and intrigues and with the Rebellion itself as a background (i.e. not with Ned and Robert as the protagonists). If turns out to be just a chronicle of the RR from Ned's point of view, it'll probably fail.
>>
>>86539217
but if they do about something that happened 150 years ago with no related character to main series it's gonna fail too
>>
>>86530743
No way in hell.
>>
>>86538187
aegon had a few thousand men, Dany has tens of thousands.
>>
>>86530743
Robert's rebellion won't have enough fantasy shit to please the normies. Plus I don't see them either going with an entierly new cast nore with a "mixed" one with actors from GoT alongside with new ones to play young versions of know character.

If they do a spin-off it'll most likely be Aegon's conquest or some entierly new material expanding the existing lore.
>>
File: 1503044801368.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1503044801368.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>show was good when it used book material
>show is shit now without book material
>any prequel or spinoff will be without book material
>>
>>86539392
>>86539296
It all depends on the showrunner and the writers. D&D were shitty writers who stopped giving a fuck about GOT some time a go and clearly just want to get out of it as soon as possible. We don't know who will run the prequels. It can go either way.
>>
Game of Nogs: the new show will most likely be about Dorne and the summer isles just so they can add a bunch of niggers to appease the sjws.
>>
>>86539345
fyi
the low fantasy setting in the first season was what made this series so unique.
>>
>>86539392
They actually did a great job. The first few seasons were good enough to engage bookfags and people who liked the political drama side of the story. Then they went full heroic-fantasy retardation + normies/SJW baiting. In the end even if you acknoledge the show has turn to utter shit you still care enough about the story to still watch it.
>>
File: file.png (457KB, 457x708px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
457KB, 457x708px
does he appear in dunk and egg?
>>
>>86539516
Didn't they admit their only goal was to adapt the Red Wedding? And then stopped giving a fuck after that.
>>
i wouldn't mind if they just did some sort of fargo style thing, just telling one small story every season using the setting.
>>
>>86530743
they already said theyre not going to do a Roberts Rebellion one, because they like telling that story through GoT.

It'll be about the targaryen civil war
>>
>>86536142
dude stop, you'll make a RR turnoff
>>
>>86539539
I'm a bookfag and I totally agree with you but the bulk of the viewers nowaydays are fucking normies who want to see dragons and strong women. Gotta appeal to your main demographics.
>>
>>86539296
People like the world, it could stand on its own if the writing and characters are good
>>
>>86539685
I hope so anon

just saying that RR would be guaranteed success
>>
>>86539586
yeh
>>
>>86536142
Much as I'm the big fan of Hardy I don't want him to play young Robert. Let Tom be hmming and grunting man. I'm more interested in Taboo than GOT
>>
>>86539631
Exactly. It has become especially obvious during the last two seasons. The show is being kept afloat by SFX, good actors, set builders, music and so on, while the writing has gone down the drain because D&D don't even want to do their job anymore. However, D&D definitely won't be around for the prequels, so there is a possibility that the show(s) will turn out fine.
>>
File: dand.jpg (291KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
dand.jpg
291KB, 630x565px
Roberts Rebellion would be amazing but it's ruled out entirely because George likes to think we've seen the Rebellion throughout the story (He obviously doesn't watch the shitshow going on right now).

However, Aegons conquest would be good. Just get these 2 fucking idiots off production and anyone can pull it off. George should actually just give up writing TWOW and ADOS and produce a prequel full time desu
>>
>>86530743
No way in hell.
>>
>>86536142
>Casting a manlet as big Bobby B

No kys
>>
File: b01.png (75KB, 189x183px) Image search: [Google]
b01.png
75KB, 189x183px
>>86530743
>post yfw you heard DnD won't be involved with any upcoming GOT projects
>>
>>86531488
this, and they can actually use all of GRR's material so the final season's won't start sucking dick

also,
>1488
>>
>>86531488
Dunk and Egg are legit great stories and would be an easily adapted series. Shit, each one could be a standalone movie and be pretty good.
>>
>>86536142
>Robert
>almost 7 feet tall
>casting a manlet
>>
>>86530743
Why do people say RR is ruled out? Its the most obvious choice for a prequel.
>>
>>86536613
Both of those require substantial amounts of CGI though.
>>
>>86540429
Because George won't sign off on it for very obvious reasons.
>>
>>86530743
damn that warhammer actually looks pretty good
>>
If you think they'll ever make a Robert's Rebellion series instead of a Dunk & Egg series you're fucking retarded.
>>
Nobody would watch a prequel before Big Bobby B because normies are only interested in GoT for the characters. They don't give a fuck about the mythology or the backstory that's for virgins. They just want to see YASSSS QUEEEN.
>>
>>86540581
And those are?????
>>
File: Flash Prayin.jpg (550KB, 583x589px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Prayin.jpg
550KB, 583x589px
>>86540065
>>
>>86540640
He wants the story to be told throughout his ASOIAF books, and the war is only what...20 years before GOT? The actors would have to be eerily similar. Plus if you look into it, it's really not fleshed out at all. You'd have a better show tackling Dunk & Egg
>>
File: ey.jpg (3KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
ey.jpg
3KB, 99x94px
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/hbo-clarifies-game-of-thrones-prequel-spin-off-plans-w485701

>"As HBO previously announced, Game of Thrones' longtime show-runners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff would step back into an executive producer role on the spin-off, but now it's unlikely that duo will contribute at all to the upcoming series.

>"In conversations with them, they feel if their name is on the prequels — even in a passive way — it conveys some sort of expectation or responsibility,"

Holy shit, you can tell this isn't in a negative way either. D&D think their shit doesn't stink and that we would look to them for guidance in the fucking prequels.
>>
>>86540732
More like fifteen years. IIRC it took like 1-2 years and Jon was born at the end.
>>
>>86540844
no please god no
>>
It's targ conquest
>>
>>86536704
i keep seeing this image. is it a leak or is it in a trailer?
>>
File: Based cavill.jpg (157KB, 630x500px) Image search: [Google]
Based cavill.jpg
157KB, 630x500px
>>86530743
>>86536142
Based Henry Cavill as Robert ThunderCock Baratheon
>>
>>86536165
but BrBa has a spinoff.
>>
Jesus i hate the prequel movement not only were the star wars prequels some of the worst movies ever made but they made prequels mainstream. Why the does anybody want to watch something when you know the result.
>>
>>86542334
jesus christ man, how out of touch do you have to be?
>>
>>86542459
my dad died last week.
>>
>>86542469
darn it, anon, i came here to meme, not feel.
>>
>>86542469
Ep 6 leaked. Leave this thread.

Also RIP ur dad.
>>
why wont they do robert's rebellion?
>>
>>86542469
I'm sorry Anon
Don't watch the episode, it will makes you even worse
>>
Am I the only one that looks forward to an Eassos based spin off?
>>
>>86542469
If this is true, i feel you man.I lost my dad at young age.
>>
>>86538187
>Daenerys has as many dragons as Aegon
Anon, I...
>>
File: 1498773059133.png (260KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
1498773059133.png
260KB, 500x481px
>>86536142
>Bobby B: Tom Hardy The Big Guy Himself
>>
File: 1502926299751.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1502926299751.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>>86530743
Honestly if the prequel isn't about RR then I probably won't watch it even if D&D are not working on the series.
>Not being able to see the mad king burn the Starks alive.
>Not being able to see the tourney at harrenhal where Robert get's cucked
>Not being able to see the battle at the trident and Barristan Selmy chop down infantry men
>>
>>86532777
This is why this guy can never be a good writer. He thinks a good story is about "surprises"
>>
>>86544428
>Not being able to see the battle at the trident and Barristan Selmy chop down infantry men
I want the Rebellion for this reason alone, they could realistically cast Ian again and I want to see more of him as Barry.
>>
>>86531488
I want this so bad but make it a story. Aemon narrating it to Sam on his deathbed.
>>
>>86536142
>Tom Hardly
>Margot Robbie

i see we got a DCuckboy here

>that manlet as a lead who is like a bear
>that fridge opposed as we already know, thin Cercei
>>
>Roberts Rebellion
>Full of characters normies already have a connection to
>Dayne, Whent, Ned all cast already
>Prime Barristan, Young Jaime
>Reuse a ton of assets to save money
>No CGI shitfests just big giant battle scenes
>highest potential for kino
>>
>>86530743
You know what would be cool? A GoT series based on a fuckton of years into the future, where they have current technology and they go into the far north to explore the ruins left by the white walkers and other old as fuck stuff
>>
>>86548406
>taking a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting even further into the future

That's stupid.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.