[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take notes when watching a new movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Do you take notes when watching a new movie?
>>
Wouldn't that distract you from your experience?
>>
I pretend to so it seems like I'm a critic working when I'm just a loser who goes to the movies alone

same with restaurants
>>
>>86528850
You won't understand the experience without notes
>>
>>86528877
fuck me too
then I got asked how I can see what I write when its dark in the movie
>>
If you do this, I unironically am 100% confident you have clinical autism
>>
You get so much more out of the movie that way.
>>
>>86528807
I used to do this during film courses in college.
>>
>not marking the back of an envelope
>>
>>86528807
Nah I just pause after 10 minutes and ask /tv/ what I thought of it.
>>
If you unironically don't take notes during your kino then you don't belong here
>>
>>86529978
Are you embarrassed you took those courses?
>>
>>86528807

Yes
>>
>>86531128
No, not at all. I just know /tv/ throws a fit whenever someone mentions they went to filmschool or took part in a liberal arts program, strangely enough.
>>
>>86531075
Assuming this isn't a shitpost, why do you even bother to take notes? You're not writing a review which requires you to recall certain details of the film you just watched for later. You're also not writing a paper about film which also requires you to analyse the film. So why bother writing notes? The only logical explanation I can think of is that you have trouble with your memory and are perhaps someone of older age. When most people come out of film all they really concern themselves with is knowing whether or not they enjoyed or disliked the film, and that's what any average person who watches movies should preoccupy themselves with.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-11-22h09m56s681.png (359KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-11-22h09m56s681.png
359KB, 720x540px
Yes
>>
No, I take BBC
>>
>>86529662
Not for the first time watching it, or for most hollywood trash, but if you're interested in film analysis it can be pretty educational and lets you focus in on details you would ordinarily miss in your average passive viewing experience.
Sort of like writing notes in the margin of a favorite book. It's not something you need to do with everything, but it can be a rewarding experience for some deeper works.
>>
>>86531323
Personal enrichment, enhanced retention, critical analysis. There are plenty of legitimate reasons. And I'd rather have autistic note taking film geeks than pleb shittiers that watch their "kino" at 1.5x.
>>
>>86531379
why did you take the British Broadcasting Channel?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.