[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there is a big problem with Space movies in hollywood If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

So there is a big problem with Space movies in hollywood

If space has no point of gravity and no real linear path, why do all the ships and vessels in the films all point in the upwards position???

Why is hollywood producing shite that isnt even accurate and has no base of reason?
>>
because retards don't understand orbital mechanics at all.
>>
File: stumped.png (115KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
stumped.png
115KB, 636x440px
hmmm.........
never really thought of it that way
>>
>>86523634
It looks cool
>>
Because it looks aesthetically pleasing
>>
>>86523634
I'm not sure what you're referring to? Spaceships in movies are constantly flipping over and spinning around, there is no 'up' in space.
Generally the insides of ships have 'fake gravity' or other such bullshit because it's easier to film that way.
>>
>>86523634

where is upward in space?
>>
In case they ever need to land
>>
>>86523634
Did you just read Ender's Game or something? Movies do this, even Star Wars does this.
>>
File: lol.png (969KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
969KB, 1920x816px
>>
>>86523634
A lot of filmmaking deals with presenting things in a way that are easy to understand by the viewer. A story unfolding in a 2D box isn't the way we really see or perceive the world, so some amount of trickery is needed to make the film seem real. We were all raised on a planet with gravity and thus have a concept for when an object is right-side-up or up-side-down. Presenting ships in space as right-side-up just avoids the temporary ambiguity that a ship flying through frame at a strange angle would create. If the purpose of the shot is to present the ship traveling through space, and not to convey information about how there is no real "up" in space, showing the ship right-side-up is the most logical choice. I agree that it seems silly in things like Star Trek where all of the ships face the same arbitrary "up" position when they meet in space, but it avoids distracting the viewer from everything else that's going on.
>>
>>86523634
>tfw brainlet
explain outer space to me pls lads
>>
>>86524079
what am i looking at?
>>
>>86524562
its big
its cold
its also hot
>>
File: science fans.png (166KB, 900x390px) Image search: [Google]
science fans.png
166KB, 900x390px
DUDE WHY IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE *tips fedora*
>>
File: capture-2017-08-17-19h09m44s219.jpg (250KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
capture-2017-08-17-19h09m44s219.jpg
250KB, 1920x800px
>>86523634
You mean like this? in this movie the ships doesn't share the x axis unless they are from the same entity...
>>
>>86523634
I don't even understand the question.

What the actual fuck is OP asking for? Is he asking why all ships supposedly have their top all pointing to the same direction?
>>
>>86525156
yes
>>
>>86523634
More importantly why do you care and make such a big a deal about this? You legitimately sound pretty angry over something so trivial; who knows what other stupid shit upsets you too.

If you can't get behind the idea that movies are works of fiction, not only are you very likely to be autistic but you're also fucking retarded.
>>
Disorienting to the audience but im responding to basically bait so
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.