[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on Sandler? Is he talented, or a complete hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: sand.jpg (172KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sand.jpg
172KB, 1200x1200px
Honest thoughts on Sandler? Is he talented, or a complete hack? Do you still enjoy him? Did you ever enjoy him?
>>
He's talented but lazy because he knows he can be lazy and still make gorillions of dollars
>>
>>86514558
Talented desu. Sandler has produced scores of classic comedies in the 90's and 2000's, and now he's content to put out lightweight humorous movies with his friends to make bank. Also everyone in Hollywood loves him because he's the most geniuine person in show business.
>>
His films aren't any worse than the modern capeshit flicks that get tons of praise nowadays.
>>
POPEYE'S CHICKEN™ IS FUCKIN' AWESOME
>>
Sander was a legitimately funny guy with entertaining movies in the 90's because his style of humor worked back then. Nowadays, it doesn't quite get the appeal from today's crowd.

I do feel that he should be involved in more serious films. He did a pretty good job in dramedy in Click which isn't a typical Sandler film.
>>
Hes funny when he tries but obviously he just wants to get paid without putting much effort in.
>>
>>86514621
>scores
You mean 2?
>>
zohan was the biggest piece of shit ive seen in a moie theater
>>
>>86516687
Formerly Chuck's Clucks
>>
>>86516758
This.
He mostly just plays out the same character in every movie he's in.
>>
File: 1501658446650.jpg (808KB, 1126x989px) Image search: [Google]
1501658446650.jpg
808KB, 1126x989px
>>86517470
>happy gilmore
>waterboy
>bill mad
>punch drunk love
>anger management

I count five
>>
FIGARO
AH HA HA HA AH AH HA HA
Imma breaka bitch jaw if she dont suck dick
Imma freaka bitch raw when she done suck dick
OHHHHHHH FIGARO
Berkeley represent
Go get it, boys. 7 years but I come thru
>>
>>86514603
This. He should never be allowed to make a film ever again.

Especially if Rob Schneider is in it.
>>
File: 56756756474.jpg (187KB, 634x559px) Image search: [Google]
56756756474.jpg
187KB, 634x559px
>>86514558
This is what i think of Sandler
check em'
>>
>>86514558

I think he had some potential in his early years but found out he had an audience of fans that would eat up whatever he put out there and got lazier and lazier over the years.

I mean why care about the quality of what you put out there when you can rake it piles of cash for you and your D-list friends by just phoning everything in with piles of product placement?

Last movie I watched of his and actually enjoyed was Click. He used to be hit and miss. Now he's entirely miss.
>>
I enjoy the films of adam salnder
>>
the wedding singer is pure comfy kino
>>
>>86514558
I like the dude, but it's hard for the comedians to stay primal force in the game Over the decades because the demographic of the audiences changes. That shows as popularity Y'know. Hope he can update his game.
>>
I don't think his new movies are childish enough. That's why he's less funny. The stories were never the strong point.

A lot of comedies seem like propaganda or just pure crap now.
>>
>>86514558
Sandler is a perfectly fine comic and filmmaker. He's resisted one of the biggest pitfalls that most major comics fall into once they reach a certain height of popularity, and that is turning into a preachy douche that thinks everyone needs to hear his political views. He's a big goofball and he makes goofball movies, and god bless him he's stuck to that. I won't defend every one of his movies, but I will say that he's still capable of making some decent comedies, I just think for the most part I personally have just aged out of them, and if you don't like them anymore maybe you have too.
>>
>>86514558
Reign over me best movie he's done, nowadays he's trying too hard to be his old character
>>
File: IMG_0463.jpg (138KB, 702x1193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.jpg
138KB, 702x1193px
>>
>>86514558
50 first dates is one of the comfyiest movies ever made
>>
he should become a "serious" actor full time, his comedies haven't been funny for at least a decade now, except for maybe Funny People which was okay
>>
>>86514558
Click is a fucking great movie.
>but forced sentimentalism
No. It worked great.
>>
i get the feeling he could be above mediocre but all he does is make shit comedy movies so fuck him
>>
He's talented and funny. If I were in his position I'd do the same damn thing. Make movies with my friends as an excuse to travel and make boatloads of money. Why not?

I also really like him in Reign Over Me even though it's a pandering drama film.
>>
>>86521680
All his "serious" work has been collaborations with competent directors though. Funny People was Judd Apatow, for instance. Also all those movies seem like just experimental stuff that he doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to commit to on his own, even if he does have the potential.
>>
>>86514603
>>86516758
>>86516914
these, ill always like sandler and when he tries he makes legit kino
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd2DI0nzeoU
but his retarded manchild persona is stale. You can tell when hes trying (sandly wexler, the do over) and when hes sad and just cashing it in (the ridiculous six, pixels)
to be fair I think he thought pixels was going to be decent, he looks do tired and defeated in those pics
>>
File: 1493430692057.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493430692057.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
the chris farley doc was pretty hard to watch. It sucks when you see your child heros, especially the funny ones, so broken up over something and sad. He cant even talk about chris without his voice cracking even still
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIoyKCWqTA
>>
>>86514558
I can't bring myself to hate him. He produces his own movies, he films where no one else would bother, most of his cast is no talent losers who should stay away from other movies, his movies always come out during the trash months.
>>
>>86514558
He filled a void after the American pie fiasco but became a meme of himself
Too bad because he actually has talent
>>
>>86521991
this desu

if he did more stuff like punch drunk love he'd be top tier but he's always shoe horned into retarded man child comedies. He's decent in semi-serious roles.
>>
>>86517934
>Little Nicky
>Mr deeds

>>
>>86522422
its ironic watching the documentary I am Chris farley. All the roles he got were the loud retarded man child and it took a number on his self esteem, and sandler is in the same boat though not nearly as bad and didnt turn to self harm. Comedy really is just a step away from tragedy
>>
>>86514558
He can do good stuff like click when he wants, but he makes more money with the stupid stuff
>>
File: nicejaime.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
nicejaime.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>/tv/ likes Adam Sandler

A broken clock really is right twice a day
>>
>>86514558
His golden years of leading comedy roles (which I consider starting with "Billy Maddison" and ending after "The Waterboy" are comedy classics

After that, there was a quality dip, but I still consider his leading roles from "Big Daddy" to "Click" to be generally funny, but while I found these films enjoyable, they all showed obvious signs of the beginning of the end, where the shtick was clearly becoming tired-even to his diehard fans.

Then, starting with "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" his leading role comedy films took a sharp nosedive into the deep depths of his already tired shtick. Most of his movies from here on are, and it actually pains me to say this as such a fan, terribly unfunny. Granted, I can't hate him, because some parts of a very few of these later era Sandler movies are funny-Zohan had some funny parts, Thats my Boy was OK, Sandy Wexler although not being laugh out loud funny hit some dramedy tones pretty well-which leads me to another disapointment

His drama roles are fantastic. Everyone knows "Punch Drunk Love" is great, but "Reign Over Me" was also a deeply emotional, raw film which an excellent performance by Sandler and is an understate classic. As many have noted, He could have had a career Renaissance as a dramatic actor, but either he was just comfortable doing his worn out comedy routine, or had a real struggle finding dramatic roles that fit him-and didnt want to stop bringing in the bucks.

He is obviously talented, And apparently his role in that Noah Baumbach is noteworthy. Its just a shame in the past 10 years he's put out so much crap.
>>
>>86517934
He didn't make two of those tho
>>
I would be really happy with an Old Guy Adam Sandler filling out character types that Jack Nicholson played in his 50s. I think that would be really nice.

On another note I've met Adam Sandler and he's a very, very nice person. I was out with my family and he was out with his and he introduced his daughters to my nieces and his children were absolutely delightful.
>>
>>86514558
I'd gladly sell out to make as much money as he does.
>>
>>86514558
He's a competent actor when he works on something that has a good writer and director, i.e. Punch Drunk Love. His own work is invariably low-brow, but sometimes it's amusing low-brow. He should absolutely not get a free pass for some of the absolute garbage he's made like Pixels, Ridic Six and Jack and Jill.
>>
I wish he'd make that film about the Russian revolution with Kevin James as Trotsky that he talked about in his cameo in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
>>
>>86514558
I can never really hate, or even dislike the guy. Some of my earliest memories are of watching Happy Gilmore on VHS.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.