[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freddie, Jason, Myers slasher movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16

What's (((objectively))) the best entry of all three series?

Wanted to get cozy and watch one or two films out of those 3 series. So far I have watched each series' first entry and Freddie vs. Jason. And some weird things where Jason is a space Frieza or something.
>>
Jason and Freddy are undoubtedly the two better series, Halloween is objectively shit though the Rob Zombie reboot is OK.

I like Jason part IV, but VI is the best if you just want to see Jason kill people in different ways
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>86505946
>Halloween is objectively shit though the Rob Zombie reboot is OK
>>
My personal favorite is Friday 13th, but NoES is arguably the best series. Halloween can go suck a dick.
>>
>>86505946
>>86506005
Really? I always had the impression that Halloween was the better film. At least comparing the first entries NoES and F13 seemed flatter.
>>
>>86505898
Nightmare is prolly the series with most quality, and even then Freddy can save any piece of shit.
Friday series is all over the place, but I honestly like every single one. I'm extremely biased because I grew up watching it. Just avoid marathoning the series because most movies are all the fucking same.
Halloween has literally only 3 good movies. I like remake part 2 tho
>>
The first Nightmare movie was the only one out of all 3 series that was close to great
>>
>>86505898
Nightmare and Halloween 1 are actually great movies. I can't legitimately say that about any Friday films, but I do enjoy quite a few.
>>
File: jason your music sucks.gif (2MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
jason your music sucks.gif
2MB, 400x232px
>>86505898
>Freddy
ANoES 1 or New Nightmare
>Michael
The original Halloween. Possibly the best movie of all three characters.
>Jason
Part IV or VI, depending on how you like the comedy.
>>
File: CTtArVvUYAASHj9.jpg large.jpg (39KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
CTtArVvUYAASHj9.jpg large.jpg
39KB, 640x359px
>>86505898
Jason takes Manhattan is amusing. Try the Friday Reboot. Jason fucking sprints after people.
>>
I would say Halloween.
>1 is arguably one of the best of all time
>2 is good
>3 gets a bad rep just because it doesn't have MM, but its unique and I personally enjoy it
>Skip the rest
>>
Halloween 1, NoES 1, Ft13th IV

The best stretch of films in either series is Ft13th 1-4.
>>
Halloween 1 is really good, 3 is fun h20 and 2 are alright.. Nightmare 1 is good, 3 being really fun.even the worst nightmares have good effects and deaths. Friday was never really good but always pretty gun. 6 is actually the closest to quality.

But leprechaun 4 in Space and in the Hood are kino
>>
>>86506893
Jason ran before he was a zombie
>>
>>86505898
Halloween 1 is great. Friday 1 is really good. Freddy 1 is really, really good.

Sequels are a mixed bag. Halloween's continuity is all over the place. I prefer the Blackest Eyes continuity: H1,2,4,5,6 (Theatrical Cut), H20, Chaos comics 3 issues sequel to H20/H6.

Jason are less all over the place in plot, but more so in tone. Remember the James Bond Jason opening? Jason X? Jason goes to fucking weird ass hell?

Elm Street has good sequels, but they fail to be scary after the 2nd movie.
>>
>>86506928
Halloween 4 is good. Better than 2 in my opinion.
>>
>>86506893
Like in Part 2 and 3? Good to know.
>>
File: 1501797527791.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1501797527791.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>86505946
>Halloween is objectively shit
Nigga just say you're sorry and go to your room
>>
Personally, I think the Friday movies are the comfiest of the bunch. A lot of people don't like the first one due to the lack of Jason, but it definitely gets better.
There's only 1 movie in the whole series that I consider absolute garbage, and that's Part 9. Jason X was pretty bad as well, but still tons better than Part 9.

As for NoES and Halloween, I don't really remember except for the first movie of each series, which both were great.
I think NoES 2 and 3 were pretty solid as well, but not sure.
Just go with Jason.
>>
>>86507327
>I prefer the Blackest Eyes continuity: H1,2,4,5,6 (Theatrical Cut), H20, Chaos comics 3 issues sequel to H20/H6.

I have literally no idea what any of this means.
>>
My favorite ones in each series:

Halloween - 2, 4, Remake, Remake's sequel
Friday the 13th - 3, 5, 8
A Nightmare on Elm Street - 1, 3, New Nightmare
>>
File: Banjo-the-pooh.jpg (18KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
Banjo-the-pooh.jpg
18KB, 320x287px
>>86505946
>Halloween is objectively shit though the Rob Zombie reboot is OK.
>>
>>86505898

I think the best series overall is Halloween. My problem with Elm Street as a series is that it either didn't know what it wanted to be (2 and remake) or it was content rehashing the same ideas (4 and 5). Not only that, but even the original Elm Street is somewhat confusing. They cut out a scene that explains Freddy is targeting the kids because their parents killed him or something like that. I think he killed Nancy's sister, too. I don't remember. Fuck key plot points, I guess.

My problem with F13 is pretty much the same. It's rehash city. To Halloween's credit, it tried doing different things even if it didn't work out well (Curse of Michael Myers and Season of the Witch).

The best entry in each series is Halloween, Elm Street and Friday the 13th Part IV. The worst entries are Halloween II (2009), Freddy's Dead and Friday the 13th Part 9.
>>
Halloween 1 is great, 2 and 4 are good.
Nightmare is meh overall, New Njghtmare is probably the best.
Friday is bad, but Jason X is fun in a retarded way.
>>
>>86510587
The Zombie movies were genuinely good.

>actually tried to give reasoning for Michael's insanity, instead of "dude he's just evil lmao"
>Scout-Taylor Compton is objectively better than Jamie Lee Curtis
>had a better mask than most of the other movies
>Joe Grizzly, enough said
>actually showed how Michael escaped from the ward (rape scene was awful, I'm talking about the theater version of his escape)
>didn't have Michael know how to drive, which is one of the biggest plot holes of the original series
>>
>>86505898
first 3 f13 movies are pretty good, after that don't bother they should've ended it there.

nightmare on elm street is the same film 9 times

haloween is one shitscary film and 6 films living off the same cliches.
>>
>>86506627
Freddy as a character is such a joy to watch. He just genuinley gets a childhood joy out of killing people in the most outlandish ways and its almost infectious.

The one thing is he never really felt like a child rapist. Like they threw it in at the begining and then dropped it the whole respt of the series
>>
>>86510853
The first three Nightmare movies are completely different.
>>
>>86506893
Jason takes Manhattan takes 2/3 of the fucking runtime in a fucking boat.
Also why did he turn into a kid at the end?
>>
>>86506982
>leprechaun 4 in Space

>Don't get too excited, boys. On the planet Dominia, when a woman of royal blood shows you her breasts, it's a death sentence.
>>
Watch em all honestly but if you don't want to:
Freddy: Part III
Jason: Part 6
Myers: The first one, but since you've seen it watch Part 2
>>
>>86510978
Rennie was just hallucinating when he turned into a kid, that didn't actually happen.
>>
File: 815yCfPj4VL._SY445_.jpg (31KB, 314x445px) Image search: [Google]
815yCfPj4VL._SY445_.jpg
31KB, 314x445px
The documentaries are better
>>
>>86511085
I'm of the belief that a first time watcher can jump into any Friday the 13th movie and not feel confused, but you should really see the first Nightmare before seeing Dream Warriors.
>>
Halloween 3 Season of the witch is head and shoulders above all the others.
>>
File: IMG_4480.jpg (43KB, 275x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4480.jpg
43KB, 275x425px
Kino
>>
>>86505898

Halloween is obviously the best Halloween movie. It didn't create the slasher genre, but it sure as hell perfected it.

Wes Craven's Nightmare on Elm Street is the best film in that series, a really unique premise and groundbreaking b-movie film. There's some effects that haven't held up well and some wooden acting, but I think at the end of the day it add's to the film's strange atmosphere and gives it a dreamlike quality that I'd almost swear was intentional. That being said, Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3 is a close second and is arguably better on the merit of being such a fun ride.

Friday the 14th Part IV is the best in that series.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-11-01h05m33s177.png (859KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-11-01h05m33s177.png
859KB, 1280x720px
>>86511226
It was a lot more brutal than I thought it would be.
>>
>>86505898

>Elm Street
Classic. Kinda convoluted, but a classic.
>2
It's pretty gay. Literally. Weird entry, but maybe worth checking out.
>3
This is the point where Freddy started to get kind of funny, which ruined the character for me. It's decent anyway and better than 2. Some people even prefer this over the original.
>4
The effects are goofy, which takes away from the movie. I don't know about this one. This is the point where the series really started to get cheesy.
>5
More stupid unnecessary backstory and weird fucking comedy. It's a shame that they decided to fuck around with these sequels, because Elm Street is a series that warranted sequels.
>Freddy's Dead
If only.
>New Nightmare
This is another fan-favorite of the series and reasonably so. It's the precursor to the meta stuff in Scream. I'd say that the original, 3 and New Nightmare are the only ones really worth a shit. Freddy isn't cracking jokes in this one, so that's nice.
>Remake
Borrows too much from the original.

>Halloween
It's a masterpiece, baby.
>II
It's not a masterpiece, but it's okay.
>III
People like this one, but I think it sucks. The whole stone hedge thing is really dumb. It's like a throwaway Tales from the Crypt episode that was turned into a full length movie.
>IV
This is where the whole thorn story line begins. Should you care? Nope, but this one is okay.
>V
Whatever. Honestly, you don't need to see these mediocre sequels. Is it better than 6? Yes, but by how much? Not much.
>6
I actually think this one isn't as bad as people say. It's far from the worst thing ever. Did it ruin Michael Myers? Well, in comparison to what's to come - no.
>H20
This one isn't bad, but feels and looks like a Lifetime TV movie.
>Resurrection
Busta Rhymes kicks Michael Myers. Nope.
>Remake
Nope.
>II remake
N o p e.

>F13
You're better off watching Black Christmas.
>2, 3, 4
These are okay.
>5
This isn't.
>6, 7
These are fun, but not great
>8, 9 and X
Garbage.
>Remake
Whatever. It's there, I guess.
>>
Halloween and Elm Street are classics, Friday the 13th sucks, the whole series sucks. I also like Freddy's Revenge more than Dream Warriors, fucking chilling soundtrack and Freddy is genuinely scary for the last time.
>>
>>86511397
>Busta Rhymes kicks Michael Myers. Nope.
And fucking lives to talk about it.
>>
>>86511587

Test audiences were a mistake.
>>
The Friday the 13th movies are great save for Part 9 and Jason X. Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives is the best Friday 13th film though Part 4 would have been a good way to end the series The remake isn't as bad as people say.

With Nightmare of Elm Street I've got to go with Dream Warriors.

The Halloween movies in general were all over the place. The first one outdoes just about everything else except H20 which had its moments.
>>
I like Jason Goes to Hell fite me
>>
File: 1484104120816.jpg (84KB, 570x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484104120816.jpg
84KB, 570x456px
>>86505898
Halloween 1 is best out of all of them, 1st 4 are worth watching if you enjoyed the first enough.

Nightmare is a bit all over the place, 1 and new nightmare are really good though.

F13 is derivative shit that is nowhere near as good as anything it rips off. But alot of it is comfy tier as long as you realise its all garbage
>>
>>86511923
How does it feel to like the movie in wich Jason is the least ammount of time in? (Not counting Part V and I of course).
>>
File: ANNIE-EYES.gif (661KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
ANNIE-EYES.gif
661KB, 271x271px
>>86511777
>Jason X bad
>Dream Warriors over the first NoE
>H20 over H1
>>
File: Jason Goes To Hell.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Goes To Hell.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>86511979
That opening was all the Jason the film needed
>>
Honestly, the original Halloweens 1 and 2 are the best entry for slasher. They both take place the same night so it's basically 1 whole movie split into 2.
>>
>>86507007
He did but not exactly like the reboot, he jogged, I don't remember him charging at people with a machete full speed

Definitely my favorite Jason just because he's the scariest one, the one that feels way too real
>>
>>86512186
Pretty sure Friday 13th 2, 3 and 4 all lead directly into each other too
>>
>>86505898
The best slasher movie of all time is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974
>>
File: 1483226293001.jpg (80KB, 680x967px) Image search: [Google]
1483226293001.jpg
80KB, 680x967px
Halloween

1, 2, 4, 3, >>>> POWERGAP >>>> 5, >>>> POWERGAP >>>> remake > remake sequel > dogshit > h20 > resurrection

Nightmare

1, New Nightmare >>>> POWERGAP >>>> 3, 5, 4, 2, 6 > dogshit > FvJ

Friday the 13th

4, 2, 5, 1, remake, 3, X, 7, 6 >>>> POWERGAP >>>> 8, 9, FvJ
>>
>>86505898

Dream Master
Jason X
Halloween 1 (haven't seen others)
>>
>>86512242
They're all within the same week. But Halloween 2 retains the original actors from part 1. They even have Annie's actress show up as a corpse on the gurney.
>>
>>86512320
Fuck forgot Halloween 6, that goes after h20
>>
>>86512369
Andy gets chopped in 3 and shows up as a corpse in 4
>>
File: 1466892757343.gif (3MB, 320x291px) Image search: [Google]
1466892757343.gif
3MB, 320x291px
>>86512361
>Jason X

You son of a bitch
>>
Danny McBride's Halloween comes out next year. I bet that it'll be better than all of these. They'll probably make Michael smoke some weeeeed.
>>
>>86512703
Based Danny using his Jewish connections to further ruin great franchises,.
>>
>>86505898
F13
Best: Friday the 13th 4, then probably F13 6.

NOES
Best: NOES 4 Dream Warriors

Halloween:
Best: No contest, just original Halloween.

But also the F13 and NOES remakes are both good, people don't like NOES remake because it ditched the humor for more violence/fucked up shit, and F13 1-4 are all good, Jason X is fun, and Freddy vs Jason is actually really entertaining.
>>
>>86512703
>Starring Seth Rogan as Michael Myers and James Franco as Dr Loomis.
>>
File: yeah.png (263KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
263KB, 720x480px
>>86511397
>>86511587
>>86511666

>implying this is not objectively the greatest movie of any genre ever
>>
>>86512703
I'm actually looking forward to it. I hated Rob Zombie's take on the series.
>>
>>86512320
>hating Freddy vs Jason

How does it feel to be the ultimate pleb?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.