[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weak villain - just an evil thing being evil with evil army.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

Weak villain - just an evil thing being evil with evil army.
>>
>evil
>>
>>86499905
Wight """lives""" matter.
>>
>Evil
No
>>
>>86499905
>evil

The Night King is unironically more capable of "breaking the wheel" than Dany.
>>
It's a metaphor for climate change.
>>
>>86499905
night king is the children of the forests last attempt at ending humanity but it only causes mass death.
night king = atom bomb
>>
>>86499905
Its clearly bran stark they have the same triangle face.
>>
>>86499905
Look out folks, we got a tough guy over here.
>>
>>86500031
i thought it was entropy
>>
What was it GRRM said about lord of the rings black and white morality again..
>>
>>86500201
>thinking GRRM's vision has any influence on Game Of D&D
>>
>>86500004
That's not how (((you))) operate that meme
>>
>>86499905
How can you say he is just "evil"? You don't even know his tax policy.
>>
>>86499905
How is he evil? Because he is fighting somebody else? So everyone in the show is evil then, why is he worse.
>>
>>86499905
isn't he supposed to represent white supremacists? it's symbolic and all
>>
>>86499905

and apparently zombie king is embarrassed to walk around shirtless because zombie king made sure that after being shirtless when elflets inserted lewd stone into his shirtless chest and made him zombie he found armor to wear to cover his embarrassing shirtlessness because underneath that stoic expression is a zombie embarrassed to be shirtless
>>
>>86499905
>implying they're not secretly the good guys trying to stop an even greater evil nobody knows of yet
>>
>>86500705
>secretly the good guys
>trying to stop an even greater evil nobody knows of yet

why does that sound familiar? where is that from?
>>
>>86500705
>spooky algae monsters from the depths
>>
>>86499905
>evil

Who says he's evil, maybe he's just trying to save his undead people from the black walkers.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (142KB, 764x818px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
142KB, 764x818px
>>86500747
Stannis isn't dead but with the power of kings blood he has gone full on fire god the Night King is the only one who can stop him
>>
>>86500705
>>86500866

no, that's not where i heard those words from. those very words sound familiar it's like i read them in a novel or comic or heard them in a show or movie somewhere.
>>
>>86499905
he looks exactly like bran
>>
>>86501582
The emperor in star wars was actually trying to ready the universe for the invasion of aliens from another galaxy
>>
File: 1447755597838.jpg (62KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
1447755597838.jpg
62KB, 600x663px
>>86502257
>ready the universe for the invasion of aliens from another galaxy
>>
File: death.gif (6KB, 135x200px) Image search: [Google]
death.gif
6KB, 135x200px
>>86499905
>Death is such a cliche. Death just kills things for no reason. It's so unrealistic that someone would kill everyone and everything indiscriminately for no reason and no discernible motivation. Real life isn't like that. There are always gray areas with death.
>>
They really dropped the ball with the White Walkers being just humans created by the Children of the forest.

I always assumed the walkers were just children of the winter fay court (as in celtic mythology), that decided to go nuclear on humanity for wrecking the environment. But instead they are "hurr durr" zombies
>>
>>86502295
Look up the Yuuzhan Vong
>>
>>86502673
the other galaxy would be in the same universe dipshit
>>
>>86502764
Give me a call when I'm supposed to give a shit
>>
>>86502370

The explanation they gave was fine. Would probably just have been better to leave their origin and motivation, other than killing everyone, a mystery though.
>>
Jon spent at least a day with NK, just staring at him. why not try to talk to him? see if he speaks the common tongue, maybe ask for his intentions.
>>
He just wants to get to The Big Tree
>>
>>86500747
>why does that sound familiar? where is that from?
Star Wars
>>
>>86502764
Cinematic universe you retard
>>
>>86502848
>why not try to talk to him? see if he speaks the common tongue, maybe ask for his intentions
Because he might voice some ungood opinions on the iron bank, and we can't have that
>>
>>86500328
Wight "("("("(lives)")")" matter.
>>
>>86500253

I honestly believe that GRRM's vision doesn't have that much influence.

But the ending DOES. IIRC, D&D know the true ending of this series. The ending is possibly the key to finding out exactly what the fucking hell is up with the White Walkers.

Everything points to them being the final boss. So it stands to reason that the ending they know has something to do with them, and their true morality. We'll finally find out if they're just chaotic evil beings that wanna kill humans just because, or if they really do have a reason.

Personally, I think we'll see that they're not chaotic evil in season 8. There's been little to show it, but it'll be somehow tied to the ending, which D&D will follow.

My theory? The white walkers are trying to prevent another "Doom" from happening in Westeros. What happened to Valyria is gonna happen to Westeros, and they're somehow trying to stop it.
>>
>>86499905
one shot a dmnt dragon
>>
he is just trying to create a world where no one would die. a world without loss or sadness
>>
Why do they call him "wight" when he's blue?
>>
>>86503276

It'll be the maesters developing some sort of magitech nuclear weapon.
>>
>>86503294
noice
>>
>>86503276
>My theory? The white walkers are trying to prevent another "Doom" from happening in Westeros. What happened to Valyria is gonna happen to Westeros, and they're somehow trying to stop it.
thats not going to happen
probably they are just the final weapon of th children of the forest, and their goal is to kill humans, but they went out of control
>>
>no wights in proximity
>Jon: "GO, LEAVE ME"
>no wights in proximity
>Benjen: "GO, LEAVE ME"
>>
The night king foresees a total ice age and the only way for anyone to survive is for him to take over
>>
> the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords, we don’t need any more, ‘Here are the good guys, they’re in white, there are the bad guys, they’re in black. And also, they’re really ugly, the bad guys
>>
>>86500013
>>86500031
It's literally the manifestation of Communism
>>
You know what?
Remeber them?
It'll be the same.
Tards will discuss their """"complex""" goal, write theories of how complex their motivation is and OMG IT IS BEYOND MORTAL UNDERSTANDING - but it will all end in retarded shit like they are just golems made by children to wipe out all men in order to make a dumb balance for other races vor something.
They are literally fantasy Reapers. Screencap this - its gonna be shit.
>>
Its just a plot device and ultra-evil shit exists solely just to unite all beneton """"""free galaxy""""" against them. Its a cliche shit. And it is put in every west-cuck big movie.
If you don't know this - you are retarded.
>>
>>86499905
>villain

he is not the villain, the patriarchy is the real villain
>>
>>86503756

They're smart though, they make decisions and they've even displayed mercy, not exactly golems.

But, I think you're right, GRRM might explore their motivations but D&D wont and they'll end up as fantasy high stakes.
>>
>>86503475
This. They've already covered the backstory for the WW. It's not going to get any more in depth than that IN THE SHOW. They're magical killing machines created by the Children of the Forest. It's enough for the normies, so don't expect some deep or clever resolution.

I think the books will do more with them considering that it's been made implicit that the beings in the Gray Wastes of Essos long ago were similar creatures serving similar magic, and that didn't seem to have anything inherently to do with the children of the forest.
>>
>>86503756
So, is Jon gonna to destroy, mindcontrol or syntes with white walkers?
>>
I can't believe they're going through with the "kill the main threat and the minions die" cliche that video games and movies like the Phantom Menace and the Avengers used.

Dumbest cop-out to defeating a threat that exists in entertainment.
>>
Allegory for climate change
>>
>>86500556
Naw, he represents blind consumerism. It turns everyone it encounters into mindless consumer zombies who do everything their master wants them to.
>>
>>86499905
>the others
>evil
you just got gurmed
>>
>>86504290
It will depend on whether he rides the black dragon, the green one or the blue one.
>>
>>86504623

That was Dawn of the Dead
>>
He is trying to get to that pond under a tree in Winterfell because because thath's where his wife is burried.
>>
>>86503496

The wights were really far away and moving at the speed of the monster in It Follows.

A horse carrying two could have easily got away.
>>
>>86499905
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.