[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think about Independence Day 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Independence-Day-2-poster.jpg (178KB, 258x387px) Image search: [Google]
Independence-Day-2-poster.jpg
178KB, 258x387px
What does /tv/ think about Independence Day 2?
>>
it sucks
>>
File: cast.jpg (39KB, 320x385px) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
39KB, 320x385px
As a huge fan of the original I think it's pretty terrible but it's interesting to see Emmerich playing around with those actors and props again. No Will Smith or Margaret Colin really hurts it, though.
>>
Out of all the things I hate about this movie, my number one gripe is the fact they ruined the aliens, both in universe and presentation.
>>
>>86497055
Will Smith carried the first one, and no Will Smith meant I skipped it. They should have given him a better offer to return.
>>
>>86497055
you would be dead if it weren't for my son David
>>
It's shit. Cannot begin the list.
President died and Data lived? Fucking dropped
the War is described as still too difficult to win, then introduce random alien ally, who is so weak that they were eliminated by the bad aliens, but is so strong it provides humans enough tech to totally win????
Flying UFOs to fight aliens is just mind numbing.

I can tolerate lots of shits in the original, partly with nostalgia partly with patriotism. But not in 2016
>>
>>86497055
there was an independence day 2?
>>
>>86499453
>ruined the aliens

How so? I didn't like how the queen was easily distracted by getting petty revenge but that's minor.
>>
>>86500027
>provides humans enough tech to totally win

When did that happen? All the cyber alien did was bait the queen out of her planet buttrape thingy.

>Flying UFOs to fight aliens is just mind numbing.

They come from a planet where computer security/hacking was never thought of. See movie 1
>>
>>86500204
I know you can't really do the horrors of the aliens because of them actually be known, but still, everyone remembers "release me" because of the tension in that scene. Also I am a sucker for practical effects and I hate how the only time we actually see the aliens it is through shitty CGI that looks blurry. I like their designs and think they are the best thing about the first movie. I still think there should still be a fear element to them.

I did like their guns though.
>>
>>86497055

I watched it but can't remember hardly anything about it besides that it was surprisingly boring. I'd sooner watch the first one again, not sure I'll ever watch ID2 again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.