[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 was GARBAGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: FullSizeRender-7.jpg (140KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-7.jpg
140KB, 1334x750px
I was honestly anticipating it to be an amazing episode, and was so let down. Dragonstone is over half a freaking continent away from the wall, and they were even further north. How fast exactly are the ravens, and Dany's dragons, and how did she even find them? It's a huge wasteland with blizzards everywhere, she found the exact spot they were at, to save them in the absolute last second? These kind of conveniences are not what make the show. And if the wight expedition lasted like a week, were they all stranded on that island for a week? did they even bring food? why couldn't they even show them around a fire, to establish they have been there for a while? Why was the Night King waiting to attack them with his men? It doesn't take that long for the ice to completely freeze, and it's not like they were "bait", because Dany wouldn't know if they were dead or not.

What was the point of the stupidity of Benjen's "sacrifice". It's like the show just couldn't think of what to do with his character, so they brought him in to laughably kill him for a terrible reason after 1 minute. I wish they cut him out of the episode and leave him a mystery or unresolved issue if this is how they were going to disrespect him. Have Jon not even fall into the ice for fake tension, or have Rhaegal rescue him or something. Honestly what was the point of this whole sequence. Absolute bonkers that Jon on the brink of death, in freezing WET clothes, survives the horse ride back to the wall (probably several hours of trekking). And I'm 99% sure Jon won't even mention or talk about Benjen to anyone next episode, making his death absolutely hilariously pathetic.

And why is Arya acting like such a bitch to Sansa? Does she not realize how hypocritical she is being? She literally served tea and food to Tywin Lannister, and she's in disbelief that Sansa had to be forced to write a letter to stay alive? Every other character that read the letter (Robb, Cat) knew it was the queen's words.
>>
The thing that upsets me the most is that these sloppy errors could have been eased a little so easily, without even increasing the budget or anything. Have Dany leave on her dragon on her own, which also makes Tyrion's advice make better sense. Have her worry about Jon and Jorah and have her leave on her dragons on her own shortly after Jon and Co arrive at Eastwatch, so we don't have to experience the fuckery of Gendry sprinting in snow for miles to send a raven thousands of miles to get to Dany, to have her then fly the thousand miles and conveniently find and rescue them right when they need help.

Have Viserion fly to the night king and breath fire right on him, then have him step through the flames and chuck the spear. This will make the spear less goofy because the Night King isn't throwing it like a half a mile in the sky and instead hitting the direct threat in front of him, instead of ignoring drogon who was closer in the original version. also shows that white walkers are badass and resist dragon flame.

I don't even know how to resolve the stupidity of the Arya plot, I have to see how it all turns out, but I'm hoping they can somehow redeem it, though from the leaks I'm not sure they will.

tl;dr the episode can only be enjoyed if you turn your brain off bro
>>
ayy zombie dragon LMAO
>>
>>86488734

miss the old days of GOT
>>
>>86489266
you and me both
>>
>>86488716
Oh it's such a bad show. Have Dany feel bad and go searching for them on her own, she spots them bc they either lit a fire tomboy freeze to death or Beric's sword is going off. Sometimes I think the writers are just stupid but then other times I feel like they are making it bad in purpose, seeing how illogical and terrible they can make the writer and still get good ratings
>>
What's more contrarian, /tv/ or /v/
>>
>>86489266
I missed season 3
best one imo
>>
I actually think Benjen's sacrifice was smart. He's the only person on the planet besides Bran who knows who Jon's parents are, so it makes sense he would sacrifice himself for something so important.
>>
>>86489637
why did benjen stark join night's watch in the first place?
>>
This is the best season since 2. Prove me fucking wrong
>>
>>86489637
>Pre-dead Night King is Jons father
>>
>>86488693
>how did she even find them
fly dragon to Wall
hey y'all where'd they head off to?
k, thanks
ooh look, a trail of millions of walking dead motherfuckers leading me right to them
>>
>>86488693
We all know D&D are hacks but what would be really funny is if this turned out the be GRRM's series of events in the books as well.
>>
How did Jon and gang survive so long? Surely ravens take a couple days to get to get to Dragonstone
>>
>>86489637
>one of two people in the world who knows Jon is a Targ
>better kill myself before telling him lol
>>
Benjen saying "there's no time" to just also get on the fucking horse is right up there with Bran's "I told you it's difficult to explain" that the old Three-Eyed Raven died and I'm the new Three-Eyed Raven.
>>
>>86489637
>He's the only person on the planet besides Bran who knows who Jon's parents are
What the fuck are you talking about? Sure you aren't thinking of Howland Reed?
>>
Agreed 100%, this entire season has been nothing but catering to the lowest possible IQ fans, where everything just works perfectly in each episode's timeline in order to cram everything in. Fucking pathetic

Also idk if I missed something but where the fuck was the third dragon??
One got blasted by night king, Drogon is with Danny so where the fuck was the third??
>>
>>86489852
dey da norf
>>
>>86488716
So many of the shows problems could be fixed with little tweaks like these.

It's fucking mind blowing that the supposed best show being made right now clearly doesn't have any actual producers to catch this sort of shit. Or they just don't give a fuck becasue they know people will eat it up anyway.
>>
>>86489637
Littlefinger obviously knows.
>>
>>86489992

no you fucking retard, I'm talking about Benjen. he knows who Jon's true parents are, which is why he took the black to get out of the political scene and nobody would ever bother him about lyanna's secret son. he loved his sister and makes sense he would die for her son
>>
>>86490198
>proof literally nonexistant
>littlefinger about to die next episode also

Littlefinger is truly the most overrated character in the show. Literally all he did was kickstart the plot by having Jon Arryn killed. he didn't do literally anything else.
>>
>>86489496
/tv/ during an active GoT season, /v/ any other day
>>
>>86490494
He's going to tell Sansa that Jon is a Targ and that the North belongs to her, not him, then Arya is going to kill him. It's so painfully obvious.
>>
>>86490088
Rheagal wasn't in the budget
>>
>>86490451
Oh, so you're talking about your unconfirmed fan theory, not anything that has actually happened. In your fantasy land why does Benjen know but not Howland?
>>
Not only are all of the criticisms completely valid, but I see nothing stated from anyone about how Dany needs to be bundling up not just for the flight up north, but in general it's cold as fuck that high in the sky. A fucking sundress may be okay in Essos, but anywhere in Winter Wonderland Westeros will put fucking icicles on her face.
>>
>>86490635
Dragons are like really warm
>>
>>86488734
TBF this was a theory since we found out about turning so we all knew it was going to happen. This and Euron using the horn to take one.
>>
So the night king is Bran the builder right? He built the wall to keep the children out and they captured him and fucked him up?
>>
>>86490451
In the show Howland Reed was the only one to survive with Ned when they found Lyanna
>>
>>86490665
I can live with this answer.
>>
>>86489852
Yeah this season doesn't care about time and space.
>>
I know, right OP? I'm extremely intelligent with probably around 200 IQ so it's hard for me to ignore these egregious incongruities. I don't watch Game of Thrones for the intrigue, the battles, or the sex scenes, I watch it so I can see 8 episodes a season of pointless scenes of people travelling around on boats and horses doing nothing of any interest, I mean that's realistic!

t. cuck
>>
>>86490731

No it doesn't AT ALL but I am beyond worrying about it at this point. I never started watching the show for its super intelligent writing and world building and incredibly logical character decisions. I hate that its become more stupider but I'm basically held hostage at this point so I'm able to let myself find some joy in the le ebin bits that advance the plot while still hoping the characters I like the most (Cersei, Jamie, Hound, Melisandre, Jorah) find some sort of meaningful end to the whole shitshow. It's always been goofy so what's the big deal if it gets a little more goofy.
>>
>>86489852
they sent the ravens north around the world
>>
>>86489566
>s2 wasn't the best
lmao

>>86489689
season 3

daenerys hasn't had a watchable plot since s3 and every season gets progressively worse. this entire season is sand sneks tier garbage, you just don't notice it because it's not juxtaposed with good "sourced" content and the characters, environments, and plots are familiar, so it's not as revolting.

every single line of dialogue is a DIRECT statement about what's going on and serves an IMMEDIATE purpose, or it's an inappropriately lighthearted quip. there's no depth to any of it.
>i assume you've found a cure?
>i wouldn't be back if i hadn't.

>i thought bran and arya were dead.
>i'm happy for you. you don't seem happy.
>bran saw the night king and his army marching towards the wall
>surely the wall will hold them!
>i have to go
>wait, cersei will believe us if we capture a wight and prove they exist
>(WOW TYRION WHAT A BRILLIANT PLAN, YOU'RE ALWAYS SO BRILLIANT WITH THE PLANS SO CLEVER WOW)
>i will lead the party
>but you're not the LC anymore, you're KITN!
>i know. but i have to.

>the last time i was here i blah blah blah
>the last time i was here you killed my son

sam has had the only decent scenes this season. tyrion is horrible. the sansa-arya-LF plot is fucking terrible. arya has been absolutely horrific this season. deadpan, no dialogue, her only "character" is her action which is fucking pathetic and awful writing.

sansa is actually okay this season, except for her omnipotence and superior foresight to time-hardened, much older commanders, smiths, and everyone else.

this season is pure fanfic garbage only watchable because it's almost over.
>>
>>86490706
That's true in the books as well. Benjen was the Stark in Winterfell during the rebellion.
>>
File: 1502414549753.jpg (127KB, 1274x714px) Image search: [Google]
1502414549753.jpg
127KB, 1274x714px
>>86490583
>>
>>86490923
This is never addressed. Why is it so important to the Starks that there is always one of them in Winterfell? Is it like a family motto to prevent from being wiped out? Like how in the real world the Habsburg had the tradition of securing their power by marriage.

Or is it something else going on? Like something awful would happen if there are no more Starks in Winterfell? Does it trigger the Long Night?
>>
>>86488693
>Last 5 seasons have been nothing but shit
>Anticipate amazing episode
You're not the smartest dude in the shelf, are you?
>>
>>86490888
>>wait, cersei will believe us if we capture a wight and prove they exist

That was when I lost a lot of faith in this season. It's so unoriginal.
>>
>>86491057

Yes I am
>>
i'm a danyfag and a jonfag and them getting together has been my dream since season one but man it just seems so rushed

like they're just all over each other in the span of three episodes

egh
>>
>>86490888
I agree with both your assessment of season 2 and Sam's plot this season. Tyrion firing on all cylinders in season 2 was fantastic. They actually showed how the people in Westeros were reacting to the political intrigue of the show. Qarth was an interesting setting, and back then magic was still mysterious. The wild fire explosion in Battle of Blackwater was the coolest moment (up until the wildfire explosion where Cers 9/11-ed a church). White Walkers still looked intimidating and they sprung for full body suits. Zombies weren't fucking World War Z (movie) zombies.
>>
got turned into true blood
>>
And now he became a game of thrones
>>
>>86490847
I think it's because I'm a book reader who Jumped in this season because it's clear the only answers I'll get are with the show. At best I'll get to see how things reach the conclusions shown in the show and at worst I get to see the big plot points.
>>
>>86491191
We had to get it done in a season and the writing is shit. You gotta placate 'em.
>>
>>86489852

Wormholes
>>
>>86488693
someone post the fuking link pls
>>
>>86491624
Just do some research and stop asking to be spoonfed
>>
Literally all of the characters have gone from utter to complete shit in season 7. It's been a while since I've watched 6, but I don't remember the characters being THIS garbage. The only mildly interesting/well written character at this point is Cersei desu
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.