[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible that this could be worse than Prometheus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Alien-Covenant-2.jpg (98KB, 503x755px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Covenant-2.jpg
98KB, 503x755px
How is it possible that this could be worse than Prometheus?
>>
>>86486381

I thought in past films bullets do a good job of killing the xenos, these seemed to get lit up and didn't really die like they should
>>
at least half of prometheus was a movie ridley scott wanted to make.

ridley didn't want to make covenant at all
>>
There's no doubt. The first time you shit the bed drunk it's a fluke. The second time it's become a trend. It confirms you as a shitter of beds.
>>
>>86486470
>plot armor
>>
>>86486381
Idiots complaining that Prometheus didn't have anything to do with Alien. Sure it had a bad script and some dumb editing, but the concept of the movie was original and interesting.

Also Ridley Scott for not having the balls to just do what he wanted with the franchise he started.
>>
covenant wasn't that bad, the fuck?
>>
>>86486637
It was awful. What was good about it?
>>
>>86486637
How could anyone possibly think this? No one in the movie has any reason to do the things they do. It's a ship of retards and insane people.
>>
>>86486635
prometheus was marketed as being an alien prequel
>>
>>86486381
Because Prometheus while sloppy and arguably unnecessary wasn't that bogged down by trying to be an Alien sequel.

Covenant is Prometheus again but stupider and with Xenos tacked on in the third act.
>>
>>86486871
All the problems with Prometheus are due to it trying far too hard to be an alien prequel

what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>86486766

>They shoot each other in that field scene.
>They blow up their own ship.
>They don't wear helmets.
>Fore some reason the med bay becomes slicker than ice when blood spills on it. Guess whoever designed the MEDBAY didn't count on anyone BLEEDING in there.
>Kenny powers spends the whole movie trying to crash the ship, then uses a lander anyway, a lander which for some reason needs to barely miss all the terrain to ascend.

I fucking hated this movie.
>>
>>86486381
Um it wasn't?!
>>
File: 1502652426255.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1502652426255.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>>86486585
>>Ridley didn't want to make covenant at all
Is what a director will say when they have no explanation for why their film was shit.
>>
>>86486381
It wasn't any worse, mind. Prometheus was already bottom of the barrel shit.
>>
>>86486766
>It's a ship of retards and insane people.
So, Prometheus all over again. Good to know writers and directors pay attention to criticism.
>>
>>86487310
How is any of this more retarded than what the crew did in the very first Alien movie?

You need to take off your nostalgia goggles, the Alien franchise is basically retarded people running around in SPAAAACE trying not to die.
>>
>>86486381
It wasn't though, it was better. Much better. Better than aliens as well
>>
File: cat.jpg (357KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
357KB, 915x1200px
>>86490238
>the Alien franchise is basically retarded people running around in SPAAAACE trying not to die

This is why I liked Life so much
Not one dumb character being retarded, the life form was simply too good
>>
File: protomorph.jpg (89KB, 1266x569px) Image search: [Google]
protomorph.jpg
89KB, 1266x569px
>ey lets just use cg instead of the practical fx we already built ye?
ridleys a hack
>>
What was going through Ridley's mind as he made this piece of shit film?
>>
>>86486381
Ridley Scott is an egotistical, senile, hack
>>
>>86486381
prometheus had lots of top tier ost and cinematography to keep you entertained. covenant, had less of that, thus covenant was shittier.
>>
File: 1357058681390.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357058681390.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
The movie was good
>>
File: 1404040642605.jpg (945KB, 3646x2411px) Image search: [Google]
1404040642605.jpg
945KB, 3646x2411px
What was the deal with all the faux religious themes?
The good Alien movies didn't have any of that garbage.
Some lazy attempt at "deep" something?
>>
>>86490238
they wore helmets at least. They also studies the organism, and I don't think they killed each other by accident.
>>
>>86490598
everyone in life was retarded and the ending was fucking dog shit and obvious, what the fug are you on about?
>>
>>86487449
literally likes like a female version of her dad, I can't see her without seeing a more attractive mccoy. Her brother looks nothing like their dad too, its weird that she got all the waterston genes but he got none of them
>>
>>86490238
I don't recall anyone in Alien doing anything as retarded as firing in the general direction of a dozen explosive canisters, or following the weird unknown android into his blatantly evil cave laboratory after claiming they've "seen the devil once before"
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.