[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Suicide Squad such a mess?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

Why was Suicide Squad such a mess?
>>
File: 1491669208314.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
1491669208314.png
234KB, 545x530px
>too many characters
>too long "introductions" with crappy early 2000s music
>literally whos and 3 seconds of batman
>cara the fridge having a role in it (the goblin brings bad luck to movies it seems)
>too long

thats from top of my hat
>>
File: 3576997904.jpg (202KB, 793x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3576997904.jpg
202KB, 793x1000px
>>86482612
>>
>>86482612
It should have focused more on Harley and Mr J
>>
They wanted to care so much about characters that had so little screen time. Those relentless fucking psychopaths are suddenly family, even though they barely knew each other.
>>
>>86483397
Did it win any awards?
>>
>>86484017
>They wanted to care so much
They wanted us to care so much*
>>
>>86484049

I think it won for makeup or something which basically isn't really even worth mentioning for the overall quality of the film.
>>
Because WB loved the reception they got from the meme trailer so much they kicked ayer out of the editing room and gave it to the company that made the trailer
>>
>>86484049
Best Picture
>>
>>86484049
It should've swept the Razzies
>>
They started with the expanded universe in mind instead of using DC movies to build towards a potential expanded universe.

Basically they started backwards and there's no way to unfuck it.
>>
>>86485049
This. The YouTube trailer was so positively received and popular they legit got the people who edited that trailer to edit the final cut.

Also Ayer apparently rushed the fuck out of the script.
>>
File: DC Comics new logo DCnU troll.jpg (52KB, 288x421px) Image search: [Google]
DC Comics new logo DCnU troll.jpg
52KB, 288x421px
>>
>>86483397
> FOR MAKEUP
And half of that task was making sure Cara looking somewhat female. Also having assistants run to Hot Topic for more hair dye.
>>
>>86482612
For pic related
>>
File: su si sqa.jpg (83KB, 1057x585px) Image search: [Google]
su si sqa.jpg
83KB, 1057x585px
>>86482612

because it was re-edited not only three times but by three different editing companies, here's a good video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

This Post Contains A Paid Promotion
>>
Post caterpillar eyebrows gyrating. It was so weird.
>>
>>86482612
David Ayer is a hack and the casting was mostly shit
>>
>>86482612
Cara was in it
>>
>>86485049
Trailers the movie
>>
>>86482612
>Why was Suicide Squad such a mess?

because paint-by-number, focus-group filmmaking doesn't work
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.