[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you have handled him if you were George Lucas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 960.jpg (46KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
46KB, 960x540px
How would you have handled him if you were George Lucas?
>>
>>86470124
D A R T H J A R J A R
>>
>>86470124
just let him play soccer
>>
>>86470124
Never make him in the first place?
>>
>>86471419
Why not? He could've been the link between the viewers and the Jedi.
>>
>>86470124
Treat him like he's really the key to all of this.
>>
>>86470124
I would have stuck with my original plan and not let backlash change my story.
>>
>>86471657
The story about Jar Jar being a Sith? I though it was a meme.
>>
>>86471519
Why not dump him entirely and focus on making little Anakin actually likeable so the audience deeply cares about him so the further characterisation and downfall of Anakin to the dark side get's more contrast and actual impact/weight to it?
>>
>>86471987
that's too easy
>>
>>86470394

Literally that

Leave TPM alone, and show him as the big bad Sith at the end of AOTC
>>
>>86470124
Make him one of those more stoic and warrior type gungans from the movie and have some comic relief from the fish-out-of-water reaction he has to being brought to other planets and dealing with non-gungan culture.
>>
>>86475231
yes this could work
I like it
>>
Jar jar was kino. Fuck off reddit
>>
>>86470124
If I was George Lucas I guess I would have made him the same troglodyte he did. Because I would be him.

Idiot.
>>
>>86476377
>comic relief character literally steps in poo
>"ABSOLUTE KINO REDDIT BTFO WOW"
>>
>>86470124
The Clone Wars animated show is kind to him.
>>
>>86471748
SO SAD
>>
Make him a bit less stupid and wacky, give him normal speaking patterns.

How about this for a twist: Instead of him being some retard tagalong character, he finds the Jedi injured from their escape and proactively decides to help them get to Theed and finish their mission?
>>
>>86477371
>forgetting about bombad jedi
>>
File: Darth Binks.jpg (15KB, 298x374px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Binks.jpg
15KB, 298x374px
>>86471748
>>86470394
I remember telling people this was going to happen back in the day and people thought I was out of my mind. His story follows the hero's journey template pretty closely, but he's a fuck-up throughout, and perpetually seized by fear, while at all times being unnaturally skilled and lucky. He's even more of an obvious Anakin than Anakin was. I thought Jar Jar was going to be the 'all in' evil Sith Lord while Anakin was the 'half in' tragic one.
>>
>>86470124
Would have toned down the character a bit to be less wacky. Also make it a guy in a suit.
>>
>>86471987
You're going too far in a few places. Writing is like poetry. It rhymes. Don't you realize that Jar Jar is the key to all of this?
>>
>>86471987
He's kind of integral to the plot of Phantom Menace. Jar Jar brings the Jedi to the Gungans. If you were to remove him entirely then you'd have to rewrite a lot of the film's plot revolving around the invasion of naboo and the ultimate third act conflict.

There was, however, no real reason for them to bring the character back. Sure, he is essentially the reason Palpatine ends up getting the emergence powers, but they could've easily brought in a new character for that, someone less annoying.

Anyway, the things you describe are not mutually exclusive with including Jar Jar as a character, and the real reason we don't sympathize or "deeply care" about Anakin has little to do with the script but more with hayden christensen's awful acting.
>>
>>86478559
you never thought that you faggot. He has like two lines in AoTC and literally zero lines in 3.
>>
File: Divaism.jpg (24KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Divaism.jpg
24KB, 300x454px
>>86483297
who the fuck is talking about 2 and 3
obviously after 1999 my theory went dowm the drain
>>
>>86470124
Exactly the same because I would be George Lucas.
If I were me I'd keep him in but only make him talk funny and a touch of comic relief. None of that constant slapstick crap.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.