[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they so kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: gUXthPuI6ZzO.jpg (12KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gUXthPuI6ZzO.jpg
12KB, 512x512px
Why are they so kino?
>>
>>86467580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wZJqUrJyDs

This was the best docu-kino of last year
>>
File: goodtime3.jpg (74KB, 560x349px) Image search: [Google]
goodtime3.jpg
74KB, 560x349px
>>86467645
Yeah, it was great! A24 is really releasing the best movies at the moment. They just get it. Cant wait for the "Good Times"
>>
>>86467805
This post sounds like blatant shilling but I unironically agree. It Comes At Night and A Ghost Story are my current favorites of 2017.
>>
>>86467580
They are releasing sershkino in November, they're patricians.
>>
>>86467805
what the fuck is up with the release why is it out like no where
>>
>>86467921
Sorry, sir. The witch, under the skin, enemy, the lobster.

They are clearly taking risks, as should so many others.
>>
I tried watching Comrade Detective but the first episode wasn't very good.
>>
I have high hopes for Disaster artist also. Even tho I'm not the biggest fan of Franco or Rogen.
>>
It's good to see a production company making something original.
I'm really looking forward to pic related, I almost overcame my crippling social anxiety to go see it in theatres. Almost.
>>
File: 1498745621047.jpg (71KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1498745621047.jpg
71KB, 666x666px
>>86468422
fug, forgot pic
>>
File: 1481799197093.jpg (22KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
1481799197093.jpg
22KB, 259x383px
Can we just talk about indie films in general here? Good threads get pushed off so fast with the general garbage lately.

Just finished watching this and really loved it. It can't even rightly be called horror but it had some of the best cinematography I've ever seen in the genre.
>>
File: absentia.jpg (56KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
absentia.jpg
56KB, 400x565px
>>86468589
OP here. Yeah sure, that was pretty great. Indie horror/thrillers are keeping the genre alive and breathing.

The Windmill was fun as hell and the Blackcoat's Daughter's atmosphere was amazing.
>>
File: delete.jpg (22KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
22KB, 346x450px
>Good Time isn't showing in my state or even the states next door
>>
1. Because they give a shit about quality
2. Because they're primarily a distributor, not a production company - They purchase the rights to independently produced films that are already doing well on the festival circuit, which is less risky than putting up the production budget to turn a screenplay into a movie.
>>
>>86469242
Oh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up!
>>
>>86469242
>literally handpicking kinos and giving them well earned shekels just to share it widely with everyone on the planet instead of the small limited festival release it was bound to have
based
>>
>>86468422
Watched it a couple weeks ago and it's good but wait until it's been out a while so you don't deal with kids expecting a horror movie.
>>
The Witch and Room are some 10/10s

Why did It Comes at Night and A Ghost Story both suck ass though
>>
literal hipster shit
>>
>>86474257
don't you have a Game of Thrones thread to be following?
>>
Because you're an easily impressed pleb
>>
>>86472271
Room sucks major weiner
>>
>>86472271
It Comes at Night was great though so your argument is flawed
>>
>>86467580
WHO HAS GOOD TIME
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
A24 have been pretty consistently good but they have released some absolute trash.
>>
more A24 kino incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFdGfwChtw
>>
They rejected my application

Fuck them
>>
>>86467580
Literally kino: the distribution company.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.