[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best WW2 movie ever made in human history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: come and see mothafucka.png (797KB, 616x471px) Image search: [Google]
come and see mothafucka.png
797KB, 616x471px
Is this the best WW2 movie ever made in human history?
>>
Das Boot
>>
No one can make films like the Ruskis.
>>
Ummmmmm Dunkirk?
>>
>>86467058
Please keep your shitty movies to yourself.
>>
>>86466985
probabaly is, das boot directors cut, downfall and come and see are quintessential war kino.
>>
File: Letters_from_Iwo_Jima.jpg (49KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
Letters_from_Iwo_Jima.jpg
49KB, 300x443px
>>86467058
Lol,dunkek was surprisingly not bad and very correct but is nothing exciting.
pic related is the goat movie
>>
check out The Ascent too, made by the wife of the guy who directed Come and See, before he made Come and See. they're very similar and equally great.

she died in a car crash after making only two movies.
>>
>>86466985
the guy held at gunpoint kind of looks like that upset Russian kid that's about to install all the games in a fit of rage
>>
>>86466985
It's Letters from Iwo Jima and it's not even close.
>>
The Longest Day is objectively the best.

SO many story lines/povs, such a grand scale.

Patton is a close second, though has a more micro level focus on one general. Das Boot directos' cut also excellent.

Battle of Britain is always a personal favorite of mine, though it likely doesn't deserve to be named "the best'
>>
>>86466985
>MUH FACE CLOSE UP
>MUH HORRORS OF WAR
>MUH 15 MINUTES TINNITUS SCENE
it's garbage propaganda, has good craft but it's a shit movie overall
>>
File: They Fought for Their Country.jpg (390KB, 1556x1000px) Image search: [Google]
They Fought for Their Country.jpg
390KB, 1556x1000px
>>86466985
Not even the best soviet WW2 film
>>
>>86466985

Yes it is
>>
No, but its the best propaganda movie
>>
>>86467023
Fpbp
>>
File: Stalingrad_film.jpg (52KB, 325x475px) Image search: [Google]
Stalingrad_film.jpg
52KB, 325x475px
>>86466985
Nope

>>86471739
The thing is the Soviet/Russian WW2 film market is so oversaturated its almost impossible to filter.

There are like 3 films and 5 tv shows about WW2 being released every year in Russia.
>>
>>86473656
>The thing is the Soviet/Russian WW2 film market is so oversaturated its almost impossible to filter.

>There are like 3 films and 5 tv shows about WW2 being released every year in Russia.

That's true, it's like trying to going to a book store and seeing shelves and shelves of forgettable thrillers and mystery novels. Instead of looking for a good author among them, you're tempted to skip the whole genre.
>>
>>86473656
>Stalingrad
Yes this movie was also good. I wish they had the guy on the right taken prisoner and show him in a gulag. I mean nothing against the guy, but it was one of the reasons there were so few survivors returning home.
>>
>>86474711
The memoirs of Siegfried Knappe have the subtitle "Reflections of a German Soldier, 1936-1949" because he was held in captivity for four years after the war ended as a "prisoner of war" (he surrendered 2 May, 1945 at Berlin)

The book is in fact dedicated to "the endless columns of German soldiers who disappeared into the Soviet Union at the end of the Second World War never to return."
>>
Patton or Tora Tora Tora.
>>
File: JPLIFE-jumbo.jpg (87KB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
JPLIFE-jumbo.jpg
87KB, 1024x435px
Always thought Come and See was overrated due to it being a semi-art house film.

I would put Stalingrad (German film), Das Boot, Talvisota, and Letters from Iwo Jima are in my top tier. I would also put Band of Brothers in it if we were including tv series. There is a bunch of the mainstream/propaganda Soviet era WW2 films that look interesting. They look far better than what I have seen of modern Russian WW2 films (Stalingrad 3D, ect) which look like Michael Bay tier garbage.

Going to watch City of Life and Death soon since it is on Netflix, it looks pretty and I heard it is not too art faggy.
>>
the great escape
>>
>>86466985
The Nazis were professional. Ironically they were portrayed as sadistic assholes by Russians who were always typically that way during every war. They're brutal nature is what helped defeat the Nazi invasion.
>>
>>86477611
That's right, nazis were comitting war crimes in a professional, non sadistic way, unlike russian savages
>>
>>86466985
no, because it doesn't depict reality.
>>
>>86478024
It does.
>>
>>86470551
>WW2
>fighting a handful of Japs in the Pacific

Yeah no
>>
File: CSK_10275_0102[1].jpg (1020KB, 3618x2740px) Image search: [Google]
CSK_10275_0102[1].jpg
1020KB, 3618x2740px
>>86476173
The only sensible answer.
>>
>>86476103
Stalingrad is garbage if you speak German, or know anything about German culture.
>>
>>86471341
Especially since dunkirk BTFO battle of britain on every level
>>
>>86478083
well, damn i guess it does. thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>86477611
these weren't professional soldiers.

these were from 36th SS division, which was made up entirely of convicted criminals, rapist and murderers tasked with "anti-partisan duties"
Their commander Oskar Dirlewanger was an alcoholic serial child rapist who only managed to escape execution because he personally knew high ranking party members.
They regularly sustained casualties from friendly fire even when there was no enemy, because they were almost permanently drunk and high on meth.
>>
>>86478168
Please elaborate. My only issues with the film is that there are a few goofy deaths and perhaps the characters come off as revisionist in that they are too cynical about the war early on in the film and are overly anti-Nazi. Though I could see how having a film about members of the Heer who are enthusiastic and proud to fight would be taboo in Germany.
>>
>>86476103
Talvisota is only good if you have the full version that isn't a shitty VHS-transfer.
>>
>>86471410
>GEE BILL WAR IS HELL
wow, this is pretty deep, I wonder how theyre going to expand his chara-
>GEE BILL WAR IS HELL
Oh uh yeah I mean that sounds right but what abou-
>GEE BILL WAR IS HELL
Bu-
>GEE BILL WAR IS HE'LL
>WAR IS BAD
>DO NOT LIKE WAR
>WAR IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH YOU SHOULD VIEW AS GOOD

Yeah it's shit
>>
File: Cross_of_Iron_UK_quad_poster.jpg (67KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
Cross_of_Iron_UK_quad_poster.jpg
67KB, 450x331px
Outta my way, pleb fucking shits
>>
>>86481910
they released a 4k rescan 197min director's cut on Blu-Ray a year and a half ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yutfnfzm3qc
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.