[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great series overall, terrible finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Great series overall, terrible finale
>>
>>86465297
What's wrong with the finale?
I was pretty satisfied by it
>>
>>86465297
best thing on HBO since Farscape
>>
>>86465297
Didn't you make this same thread yesterday?
>>
>>86465297
what did you expect from the finale?
it was pretty much perfect
>>
>>86465297
>the leftlovers
>great
>>
>>86465297
If this is so good why is it never discussed here on /tv/? Just look how polarizing got is. It is real greatness.
>>
>>86468026
>something can only be good if its popular
simply epical my friendo
>>
>>86465297
>terrible finale
You mean terrible thread.

The problem with you people is that you ate up the massive red herring like retards without realizing it was just that, a distraction from the real departure. It was all scientific, not religious.
>>
>>86468145
i wouldnt be so sure about that, im pretty sure Kevin was in fact special in some way. He was buried for 8 hours, shot, spent a considerable amount of time underwater and still managed to live through all that unharmed.
But I do agree most of it was red herring and group delusion, and people just looking for a purpose to cope.
>>
>>86468317
Ofcourse Kevin "was special" in the way that he probably had some weird ability to step in between dimensions. Same with Kevin's dad when took those drugs and talked with him through the tv.

Same with the black grandfather.
>>
>>86465297
I'm at season two, episode 4 and I can't understand why I like it. It is so boring and everyone is so melodramatic, but somehow I'm still compelled to keep watching, why?
>>
>>86468668
>amazing music
>amazing acting
>great writing
>comfy setting
>intriguing mythology
>literally cant guess what around the next corner
I wouldn't call it boring. It's slow paced and character driven but boring? I was never bored watching this show. As for melodramatic, maybe. But then again I guess it's hard to imagine what it would be like to lose loved ones without any explanation. And the effect it would have on religion.
>>
>expecting a decent finale from Damon Lindelhof

If you're going to be this dumb you deserve to be disappointed.
>>
>>86465297
terrible 3rd season
except for the chick getting naked front and back
>>
OP here, I was disappointed 'cause the series had set up a lot of interesting details about religion and the whole thing about Kevin being the new Jesus but don't use this at all in the end to finish on a boring romance. I wasn't watching The Leftovers for the relationships beween Kevin and Nora but rather for the apocalyptic and mystical atmosphere it contains.
Plus, not a single picture of the departed's other dimension, what a shame
>>
>>86468363
Same with Daniel the guy who then believed he was God.
Same with Matt's wife Mary who appeared in the first hotel episode.
It's like some people for some reason are "blessed" with new chances
>>
>>86468855

>>great writing
Maybe, everything else I agree.

>>literally cant guess what around the next corner
This is maybe the one show where I have not even the faintest idea of what is going to happen next.

The other thing I have against it is that I don't imagine people reacting so extremelly to a disappearence like that. I say that in this day and age people would just blame science, but I don't know. And even then there are strange things going on that may influence the way people act. Mind you, I'm just at the middle of the second season.
>>
>>86469279
>Plus, not a single picture of the departed's other dimension
Because it may not even exist, there's the serious possibility that Nora made up everything
>>
>>86468026
>implying /tv/ discusses anything great
>>
This show is great if only for Matt's story arc.
>>
>>86469279
>Plus, not a single picture of the departed's other dimension, what a shame
most likely didn't exist
nora got scammed and just used her leftover money to hide out.
>>
>>86469940
Matt was awesome. Reminded me of John Locke.
His episode in season 1 is what got me hooked on the show.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.