[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Wolf Warrior 2" now the 3rd biggest movie EVER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: wolf warrior 2-1.jpg (261KB, 752x837px) Image search: [Google]
wolf warrior 2-1.jpg
261KB, 752x837px
"Wolf Warrior 2" has made $712 Million in 3 weeks in China making it is the 3rd largest movie in a single territory and will probably pass Avatar next week. Is there any interest in seeing this movie after seeing it doing so well in China?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqGiPB2D8M
>>
>>86464398
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens US ($936.7M)
2. Avatar US ($760.5M)
3. Wolf Warrior 2 China ($712M)

http://deadline.com/2017/08/wolf-warrior-2-annabelle-creation-dunkirk-spider-man-homecoming-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202147805/
>>
>>86464398
>Chinese knockoff of something American does well in China
no I'm not interested
>>
How was Wolf Warrior 1?
>>
>>86464398
>"Wolf Warrior 2" has made $712 Million in 3 weeks in China making it is the 3rd largest movie in a single territory and will probably pass Avatar next week.
>will probably pass Avatar next week.

'no'
>>
I didn't even know there was a Wolf Warrior 1.
>>
>>86464398
wtf I'm a /wolf warrior/ now
>>
i watched the first one when it came out and i found it pretty forgettable
the only thing i remember is it having the most egregiously obvious propaganda i've seen in a chinese movie, and that's saying a lot
>>
>>86464596
Kind of like how those transfomers movies make a lot of money here.
>>
>>86464788
not anymore, TF had its worst boxoffice to date for the franchise
>>
>>86464596
>i found it pretty forgettable
I saw it also and I remember that Scott Adkins was in it.
>>
>>86464398
Did they subcontract poster design to Marvel?
>>
>>86465118
You know that the Russo brothers were consultants on the movie, so you might be onto something.
>>
>>86465051
yeah all i remember is Scott Adkins saying, "i fight for MONEY *pulls out of wad of cash* you fight for your country"
>>
>>86464398
Anyone else thinks this is a loundry money scheme? After the common share of information among the banks and tax haven, china box office its getting bigger
>>
capeshit and disney btfo

patriotic action kino is here
>>
>>86465256
you do know that the Chinese economy is bigger than the US now and growing larger every year.
>>
>>86464596
Lel. It's just the Chinese version of American Sniper/Lone Survivor/Zero Dark Thirty/Black Hawk Down/Tears of the Sun/Bay Film #163562. After 50 years, they finally figured out how to make a USA type propaganda movie that makes them look like saviors of civilization.
>>
I'm intrigued by the fact that the movie is set in some african shithole. Chinese investors buying up huge tracts of land in Africa isn't something you really hear about on the news in the US
>>
>>86464398
Torrent edition when?
>>
>>86464398

ARR ROOK ARIKE
>>
>>86465256
you do know that there 1.2 billion people in China, most of whom are in a new middle class with expendable income?
>>
>>86465396
Yup and americans ITT are butthurt as hell about it. I love the 21st century I look forward to keep seeing the chinese btfo the americans.
>>
>>86465396
i haven't seen any of those movies, maybe it's similar
all i can tell you is every other Chinese movie I've seen has similar shit in it, but it's not as in your face as Wolf Warrior was
>>
If you noticed that in American movies, they stopped making the Chinese as villians because if they did, they could show it in Chinese theaters. However this doesnt apply to the Chinese since Westerners/Americans are always the villians in their movies like in this one.
>>
>>86465787
CCP =/= Chinese
>>
>>86465787
This helped fuck up the red dawn remake
>>
File: 1453885596468.gif (878KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1453885596468.gif
878KB, 200x210px
>>86465569
>most of whom are middle class now
>>
File: aj with a spinner.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aj with a spinner.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>86465569
>most of whom
>>
>>86464398
Do you really think that the amount of money a movie makes is indicative of how much you will like it?
I mean Dredd didn't make money. I liked it. Whiplash did not make much money but people think it was really good, so do I.

I mean who the fuck cares about how much money a movie made in china? I mean nothing against the people of china but they allegedly like communism very much and weird food like cow intestines.

Super Hans said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WRQ8HT_WA
>>
File: fear.png (161KB, 635x349px) Image search: [Google]
fear.png
161KB, 635x349px
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-china-relationship-faces-more-pressure-as-chuck-schumer-calls-trump-block-all-deals-1026078
>>
>>86464460
it's an alright action flick. scott adkins is the only white dude and he's the bad guy.
>>
>>86464596
>the only thing i remember is it having the most egregiously obvious propaganda i've seen in a chinese movie
details please! propaganda really fascinates me.
>>
>>86466757
This, propaganda movies can be fun and weird.

Ever see the Pakastani one where Saddam Hussein 1 v 1s Israel?
>>
>>86466757
like i said i don't remember much other than the scott adkins fight at the end
https://youtu.be/LoaFrf2gdZo?t=109
i vaguely remember a training sequence that looked like an army recruitment video
>>
>>86466757
>propaganda really fascinates me.
go watch any American movie. hollywood movies are the very definition of propaganda
>>
>>86467269
Explain, outside of war movies I don't see it.

Or are you talking about agendas..ie Multiculturalism, revisionism...etc?
>>
>>86467517
every single Hollywood movie has the hero or primary protagonist as an American. Isnt that enough?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.