[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss The Night Of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3163.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3163.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
What did you think of it?
>>
it was great to watch while it was airing. tuturro was awesome. last few episodes were underwhelming.
>>
>>86454587
Directors emitting stuff usually doesn't bother me but I would really have liked to see what exactly happened on the night. Agree about Turturro, it's the performance of his career.
>>
>>86454096
pros
>gripping
>tuturro
>gets its point across
>bittersweet ending
>viewer gets to decide
Cons
>Smuggler Lawyer chick isnt believable
>Could use a trim

worth a watch
>>
>>86454842

also Jeff Russo's score was amazing
>>
I thought it was pretty bad.
>>
>>86454842
I found the tension surrounding the smuggling scenes to be a bit contrived considering Freddy was supposed to be virtually running the prison.
>>
prison fingerbang with loli rosario dawson got me erect

the writing was true return to form of the Wire and Oz, but never showed signs of surpassing the procedural mold that those shows left behind. nostalgia, short, sweet and all too fleeting. as it should be. maybe.
>>
Enjoyed it a lot.
>>
wtf I want to be a prison gangster now
>>
>>86454096
one of the best things HBO's done in a long time.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>getting a neck tattoo DURING your own murder trial, on the side that faces the jury
>>
It's pretty good. Not a must-watch-masterpiece show but definetely worth a watch.
>>
>>86456145
he was adapting to his new environment.
he finally felt a sense of belonging and got caught up in it.
shit criticism, sheltered faggot.
>>
>>86454096
I go back and forth on this one. The cinematography is really striking but I think the overall tone meanders a bit more than, say, True Detective.

It was pretty spot on in the characterizations of Naz and his family, in terms of their being Paki immigrants with first gen kids. That was honestly what I enjoyed most along with Box. I wonder if I'd have liked it more if it didn't literally look like it was trying really hard to be True Detective, but it's okay.

There's plenty of dumb shit and meh characters but I think it's worth a watch for the main character alone. Not because muh minorities and muh representation, rather because it starts off with a pretty solid charcaterization of a culturally repressed kid and (barring the sometimes ridiculous idea thathe could ever hold a candle to anyone in the prison after training for a few months) shows him going through a seemingly believable transition.

Not the most finely tuned show out there, but it'sgot some pretty good stuff in there.
>>
at first it pretends to be a kino and has the viewer believing this, however, it quickly becomes clear that it is just a piece of shit and for that reason, for its deceptiveness, this show is worse than other that remain completely mediocre throughout their run. 3 stars out of 10
>>
Who /eczema/ here?
>>
>>86457869
>kino

Sounds like the show was above you from the start.
>>
>>86458026
watch it pleb
>>
>>86454096
it was great until it got stupid
>>
Not sure Riz Ahmed really has the range to play a prison topdog.
>>
I don't remember enough about it to discuss, but I liked it
>>
It was good, but it jumped the shark around the time the lawyer chick smuggled drugs in her coochie
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.