[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else /cautiously optimistic/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Blade.jpg (286KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
Blade.jpg
286KB, 640x452px
I like Gosling and Ford and the cinematography is good but most modern sequels of old movies are shit so I'm on the fence
>>
It took 3 tries to get the first one right.

I have no faith in the second.
>>
>>86451072
The final cut or the Ridley cut?
>>
Sequels are always ass
>>
>>86451407
Both
>>
>>86451009
>The best script Harrison Ford has read
>Gosling in starring role
>Villeneuve directing
>Deakins cinematography
There's no way this isn't the best film of the century so far, and that's cautious optimism
>>
It doesn't really look like a Blade Runner movie. Something about the artstyle is different but I can't put my finger on what exactly. I guess it is the minimalism.
>>
the cinematography is worse than the original
>>
>>86451862
>>The best script Harrison Ford has read
How high was he when he read it?
>>
>>86451009
No
>>
Feels similar to what they did with Tron: Legacy. Reboot an old classic but give it its own style. It probably will stand better without the context of the original, but who knows.
>>
>>86451956
It's the brown shit, it's lacking colors and neons
>>
>>86451862
It looks cool.....but that's saying fuck all these days.
>>
>>86452180
GITS tried neon lights and they looked like shit in the scarjo flick
>>
I want it to be good. I just hope Ford and Ridley won't do the senile old man thing and fuck it all up.
>>
Getting huge Prometheus "let's make a half reboot half sequel with the same aethestics and bits" vibe
>>
>>86451009
Pure, unabashed optimism ova here
>>
File: Tron Legacy 7.jpg (229KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Tron Legacy 7.jpg
229KB, 1600x1065px
>>86452152
Tron Legacy is underrated. The whole virtual lifeforms appearing out of nowhere thing was kinda bleh but everything else about the film is just on point. The daddy issues intro is gripping and well-acted by Hedlund, the AESTHETICS of the whole film are amazing, it has the perfect soundtrack and with that one exception even the story has a straight forward simplicity akin to Greek mythology. I've watched it 3 times now, the latter two times sober, and it still holds up well.

I wish it had been a smash hit and launched Garrett Hedlund into the A list. Hope he still gets his shot some day although I think he's happy making small budget films as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk
>>
File: 1499412690412.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499412690412.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>86451009
Am I wrong for not wanting to see Gosling?

I've seen Drive, but I can only imagine him smirking at me while looking debonair.
>>
File: Ridley-Scott1437845744.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley-Scott1437845744.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>86451009
Everything looks good so far but I still have a feeling Scott will try to sabotage it in some way
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.