[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Thing the greatest horror film ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: The Thing 1982.jpg (23KB, 223x350px) Image search: [Google]
The Thing 1982.jpg
23KB, 223x350px
Is The Thing the greatest horror film ever made?
>>
No, Alien is.
>>
File: 4 legs predator.jpg (183KB, 792x579px)
4 legs predator.jpg
183KB, 792x579px
>>86449034
>>86449069
Welp, let's take a comparative look then.

Alien
>everything is a penis/rape allegory
>threat of "it is going to kill or rape you and you are near powerless to stop it"
>great 90s aesthetic
>the horror of such a great female protagonist having a virtually concave ass
>at least we got a good game

The Thing
>"2011? What 2011?"
>3x the body horror of Alien
>threat of "it is going to kill you, mimic you, and even if it can be stopped YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT OR WHO IT IS"
great soundtrack, highlights the constantly rising tension
>practical effects used well
>audience constantly questioning who is infected
>semi-ambiguous ending

All told both are great, but The Thing is amazing.
>>
>>86449509
Why do you automatically assum 2011? Everyone knows the the 2011 prequel was a hunk of shit while the 1982 John Carpenter version was a masterpiece.
>>
>>86449736
I agree completely. By saying "What 2011?" I am trying to convey that I want to forget it.
>>
>>86449034
>tfw I got a shirt of that movie poster

best shirt purchase
>>
>>86449868
Did it come with a free fedora?
>>
>>86449991
This. Love horror movies, but I wouldn't wear a shirt of them. It's pretty ugly and edgy looking.
>>
File: monster 21.jpg (728KB, 1431x807px)
monster 21.jpg
728KB, 1431x807px
>>
I loved the part when the chest of the guy opens up and eats the others arms and then the head grows legs and tries to scape
>>
>>86449509
What was the good game? Isolation?
>>
>>86452486
Yes that's the one. Alien Isolation is good at two things: one, being a game and two, clearing your bowels
>>
>>86449069
Alien is overrated
>>
>>86449868
It would be a cool poster. It's an absolutely abhorrent shirt.
>>86449034
Not really. It's a great FLICK with solid tension and atmosphere but I can't believe it's the best. I don't watch much horror but I refuse to believe better ones don't exist.
>>
>>86454204
No, AlienS is overrated. Alien is a very good film even though some elements don't hold up and the franchise as a whole is pretty overrated

With that being said, it doesn't compare to The Thing.
>>
>>86449069
Ladies, there's no need to fight.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.