[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was Blair assimilated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: blair-the-thing.jpg (21KB, 457x190px) Image search: [Google]
blair-the-thing.jpg
21KB, 457x190px
When was Blair assimilated?
>>
>>86441772
In the cabin they locked him in. I think he was still human when he was wrecking shit.
>>
When he was examining dog-thing.
In the scene he would touch it with his pencil, then touch his pencil to his mouth.
>>
>>86444056
That may be when he got the infection but I don't think he was fully assimilated until well past that point.
>>
>>86443992
This. Either Palmer-thing or Norris-thing got to him in the cabin.
>>
>>86444056
If he was infected during the autopsy, then why did he watch that computer simulation? Wouldn't he already know how his assimilation works?
>>
>>86444177
True, I muddied the terms.
I wonder if it's possible the infected could be manipulated before full assimilation, like how a parasite that makes a host insect climb to a bird's visible range to be eaten, if perhaps it's not just existential horror which caused his computer smashing.
>>
>>86444056
If it were actually possible to be assimilated that easily, they would have all been taken over very early into the film. It's only around 2/3 of the way in that Fuchs even suggests they should prepare their own meals and only eat out of cans and what not.
>>
>>86441772
like 5 minutes after they left him out there to be eaten by it
>>
>>86441772

He was the first to be assimilated by the dog.
>>
>>86444477

The creature might have been trying to figure out how long it would take to complete its mission of infecting Earth.
>>
>>86444612
I still believe that's how he was infected though, if not outright assimilated, we see in the computer simulation how it infects from the dog tissue, and he was sticking that bloody pencil on his lips.
>>
>>86444768
so in the scene where he was studying it's cells, it was studying itself? whoa
>>
File: The-Thing.gif (497KB, 450x191px) Image search: [Google]
The-Thing.gif
497KB, 450x191px
>>86444866

The Thing's level of sentience is never fully explained. It's possible it only attains the level of intelligence/self-awareness of whatever it infects (i.e. a Thing that takes over a dog will only have the intellectual capacity of a dog, whereas one that takes over a person will have the full self-awareness of a human). This would explain why the Thing was only able to start building the space ship very late in the film, it had to assimilate several humans (and thus, their capacity for critical thought) before it could learn how to build the ship.
>>
>>86445393
I always thought the Thing always retained it's intelligence, since it probably infected some aliens on the spaceship at the beginning. I just thought the ship it was building was a last ditch effort to reach civilization.
>>
File: THE THING.png (478KB, 2144x2476px) Image search: [Google]
THE THING.png
478KB, 2144x2476px
>>86441772

You should really check my analysis.

(the cabin-lockup during the storm is the logical point)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.