[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halt and catch fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Anyone a fan of halt and catch fire? Season 4 is out soon.
>>
>>86430738
Thought they kind of dropped the ball in season 3, but I'll still watch it.
>>
did they invent occulus rift yet?
>>
>>86430738
First two seasons are great, third one, not so much.
>>
>>86430879

women secretly invented everything or didn't you know that dawg?
>>
>>86430928

>He liked the overly dramatic and uneven storylines
>he liked having all characters be unlikable
>the gay for pay storylines

the first 2 seasons had huge problems. The third ironed out a lot of them, especially by the end
>>
I thought the first season was ok despite its problems. Then the second season came and took everything bad about the first season and multiplied it tenfold. I stopped watching at some point, and never bothered with season 3.

I know it's fiction but the amount of historical revisionism is so tiring. Women inventing the internet while the men in their lives bumble about just isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>86431204
>the amount of historical revisionism is so tiring. Women inventing the internet while the men in their lives bumble about just isn't my cup of tea.

Does that really bother you? Because if you watch carefully, they don't actually get anywhere with their inventions and they almost always get beaten out by the actual things that "won" in the real world.

The show offers a fictionalized glimpse into the early days of the industry and I think successfully captures some of the excitement of what it might have been like at a company in the thick of the rapid development that was taking place back then. Think of the characters as an amalgamation of all the also-rans for every major advance in the field with their aspirations and struggles driving the story.

The neurodegenerative disease plot line was stupid though.
>>
>>86430738

I really really liked the first season, I thought it was really well done and the story, character, etc. was pretty good.

But I couldn't watch Season 2, it was just...different. I mostly didn't like the tone and the online game stuff was kinda crappy and not as interesting than the personal computer.

Didn't even knew there was a season 3...what is it about? Is it good?
>>
>>86432519
I think season 3 was mainly to set up season 4. But it was still alright. Better than 2 I would say.
>>
>>86432676

Okay,,,I'll try to catch up if I have time. Hopefully things are going to be better...like I said season 1 was one of my favorite show for a long time, probably got too excited for the second season.
>>
>>86432340
>Does that really bother you?
The "women in tech" stuff from season 1 was bearable. Cameron isn't a particularly believable character but she at least never reaches Lisbeth Salandar levels of outright fantasy. The plot of the season was entertaining and well written enough to keep me watching.

Then season 2 goes full LE STRONG WOMYN IN TECH and it's heavy handed enough to be obnoxious. Cameron and Donna might still be flawed characters in season 2, but Gordon and Joe are largely portrayed as clueless and bumbling. The plot of season 2 isn't anywhere near as interesting as season 1, either.

It's not a bad show, but it's also not something I have any desire to pick back up.
>>
>>86433295

Gordon and Joe get a lot of redemption in season 3.

Your criticisms of first 2 seasons are fair though.
>>
>>86430803

>/tv/ revisionism

No they didn't, season 3 was the best of the show. It's one of those shows that actually got better with each season
>>
>>86433295

>goes full LE STRONG WOMYN IN TECH and it's heavy handed enough to be obnoxious

I need you to specify so I know you're not just drunk and generally bitching about female characters taking over your shows. What the actual fuck are you on about?
>>
Don't really care about the arguments for or against "muh women in tech," but I love the show. My only real complaint towards the end of S3 was how quickly Donna became a comic book villain

I wish more TV series would stop after 4 seasons. Just imagine the legacy Dexter or House would have if they had stopped while they were still great.
>>
I have liked each season more than the last, and felt that last season was very reminiscent of The Social Network in a good way. Continually surprised and impressed by the show, and an interview I read made the writers seem pretty thoughtful about their characters and themes.
>>
>>86430738

>Halt and Burn Coal

Fuck off with this Jewish cuck shit.
>>
>>86433839
He's wrong. It actually portrays women in tech as bitchy cunts that can't get anything done because they spend all day gossiping and backstabbing each other. Donna and Cam were awful that season. It pretty much continued in season 3. Renewed focus on Joe McMillan made that one better, though.
>>
File: lee.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
lee.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>86438722
You know Lee is best girl anon
>>
>>86438794
Lee Pace is one of few men who EVERYONE understands engaging in gay sex with.
>>
File: mack and manlet.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mack and manlet.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
will they learn
>>
>>86438825
no, faggot
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.