/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little Shop of Horrors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Suddenly-seymour.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Suddenly-seymour.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Just finished this for the first time in my life.
Why did they kill off both Audrey and Seymour?
I literally stopped caring about the movie when Audrey II went on a killing spree.
Awful, I hated the ending.
It's so quick too.
Also I was surprised John Candy, Billy Murray, and Steve Martin had cameos.
>>
File: 1475879987737.png (26KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475879987737.png
26KB, 633x758px
its alright but if this movie had an anime adaption with a plant waifu instead it would be actual kino.

why cant japs do reboots with classics like jews do reboots with anime
>>
That's the ending of the stage musical it's based on.

Problem was they changed the way in the original film Seymour WAS killing people to feed Audrey 2. Then they cast one of the most legitimately loved actors as Seymour.

Much to Frank Oz's surprise the test audiences didn't like that.
>>
Answer me.
>>
>>86430494
>Why did they kill off both Audrey and Seymour?
Because "the original ending is always the best!!!" fags. Theatrical Cut is rushed, but better.
>>
>>86430494
I guess you went with the director's cut. The studio made them change it because they knew you wouldn't like it.

Christopher Guest is in it too.
>>
File: christopher guest.gif (61KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
christopher guest.gif
61KB, 320x240px
>>86433582
>>
>>86433582
>I guess you went with the director's cut.
Theatrical Cut isn't available online. Because people think the director's cut is always the best cut.
>>
>>86433582
I didn't know I watched that version.
I was aware there are multiple endings but I just watched what was available.
It's all this buildup of Seymour and Audrey falling in love to just both die.
What's the fucking point?
>>
>>86433687
>Theatrical Cut isn't available online.
I watched it on Hulu recently, and the version they had was the theatrical version.
>>
>>86433831
>Hulu
>>
>>86434202
Yes
>Hulu

I can afford 12 bucks a month.
>>
>>86430494
I love the Dentist song.
>>
>>86434291
I can't fuck you and fuck Hulu
>>
>>86434345
I love all of the songs. The lyrics are exquisite. Wonderful, wonderful musical.
>>
>>86430494

Fucking kino movie, anon.
>>
>>86435674
I appreciated it.
I really enjoyed it.
Then the two you want to make it both die.
We spend all movie hearing about Seymour to escape the city and wants to save Audrey.
Technically they both do escape through death.
>>
>>86433687
Just get it on Blu-ray or DVD.

Avoid the Director's Cut DVD, it apparently has some glitches which aren't on the Blu-ray or the theatrical edition DVD. And you cannot watch the Theatrical Cut on that DVD, the Blu-ray has both Theatrical and Director's Cuts, though.

I actually love this movie.
>>
>>86439603
>Just get it on Blu-ray or DVD.
I should, but I'm worried about ordering from Amazon and getting the wrong thing.
>I actually love this movie.
Me too, shame about the remake.
>>
this movie technically is what got me into art i think

when i was 10 and watched it for the first time i draw seymour/plant slash
>>
>>86441016
kill yourself
>>
>>86433611
i didn't know who he was at the time i saw it, i just thought he was an odd one scene character
>>
>>86435566
i always skipped suddenly seymore and somewhere that's green
>>
I can understand why people don't like the Director's cut, but I think it still plays. The happy ending really undercuts what the play is trying to go for, but the movie did that already by casting Moranis and Ellen Greene. They are just too likable to not feel cheated by them dying. Its sad though because "Don't Feed The Plants" is one of the best songs as is the full version of "The Meek Shall Inherit". Its a tough one for me to decide on which I like more.
Moranis just plays it too hapless and out of his element too feel like he deserves it. Still the movie is a testament to the amazing things you can do with practical effects and puppets in camera with few tricks.
>>
>>86445067
Who is he
>>
>>86445470
I think the full length The Meek Shall Inherit could work with the Theatrical Ending. People say it sets Seymour up as an asshole, but it just makes me feel bad for him. You can here the resignation in his voice when he's singing. And if Seymour had tried to stop Audrey II right then and there he'd be a boring boy scout, it's more realistic that he be selfish becomes humans are selfish. You gotta think about it from his position too. He's a poor friendless orphan. He was given a job by and a place to stay by Mr. Mushnik, but Mr. Mushnik's an asshole. Audrey is the only light in his life, of course he'd do anything to keep her present.
>Its a tough one for me to decide on which I like more.
With a little creative thinking there's probably a way combine elements of both, creating a bittersweet ending. What the fuck were the plants supposed to represent anyway?
>>
File: spinal tap.jpg (153KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
spinal tap.jpg
153KB, 1200x783px
>>86447999
>not knowing who Christopher Guest is
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.