[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kong: Skull Island director slams popular YouTube series CinemaSins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: shutterstock_8488718gc.jpg (89KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_8488718gc.jpg
89KB, 780x520px
>In a twist of irony, someone's explaining everything wrong with CinemaSins.
>A popular YouTube video series that gives the run-down on apparent errors, flaws, and so-called "sins" in movies (usually ones that are currently being screen in theaters at the time of uploads), CinemaSins has garnered quite a bit of flack in the past. Now, a more noteworthy critic has stepped forward: Kong: Skull Islanddirector Jordan Vogt-Roberts. Hismonster movie was the subject of the latest CinemaSins video.
>The footage took aim atVogt-Roberts' take on the King Kongfranchise, which debuted in theaters this spring, listing all the mistakes, cliches, and contradictions apparently present in the movie. Shortlyafter the filmmaker caught wind of the video, he turned the tables to criticize the CinemaSins series as a whole.
>Vogt-Roberts wrote on Twitter, "Things like CinemaSins simply suck the life blood of other people and are often just wrong about intent or how cinema works. It's terrible." He continued, addressing a number of "sins" the video's creators mentioned were present inKong: Skull Island.Vogt-Roberts rebutted each one, which include such points of contention as accusation that "half [the film's] budget was spent on rain machines… so we couldn't hear the s****y dialogue" and that the use of a "cliched" Vietnam War-era song.

Is he right?
>>
http://www.looper.com/80555/kong-skull-island-director-slams-cinemasins/
>>
>>86427764
His movie wasn't good but his criticism is correct.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>86427764
based
>>
>>86427764
Cinemasins used to have actual criticisms then it went full retard into dumb shit for the sake appeasing it's primate audience
>>
I was wondering why people kept posting pictures of that tweet that I didn't understand.

Now I understand.

Now I don't care.
>>
>>86427764
Cinemasins is shit, but so is he.
>>
File: dsfgdfg.png (561KB, 794x673px) Image search: [Google]
dsfgdfg.png
561KB, 794x673px
>>86427764
he's /ourguy/
>>
>>86428119
>Cinemasins used to have actual criticisms

no it was always a shitty youtube channel filled with dumb and ignorant criticism
>>
Yes, cinemasins is for depressed brainlets that just want to hear negative things and think about dying instead of how bad the criticism is
>>
>usually ones that are currently being screen in theaters at the time of uploads

The media just loves to slip in complete lies into everything.

STOP CRITICISING OUR MOVIES GOY
>>
>>86427764
truly based fuck CinemaSins now call out those hacks RedLetterMedia
>>
He's right. Cinemasins is dreadful
>>
Maybe he should watch cinemawins
>>
>>86428205
Or just people who want to hear some dumb jokes about a movie they just saw. I watched Kong last week, hoping it was good, then it turned out to be somewhat entertaining, but stunningly stupid. So I watch the Sins video today, and it was funny.
Stop being a cunt, you cunt.
>>
He'd be a 10 if he trimmed that beard.
>>
>>86427764
jesus that beard... I dont even need to read about him
>>
>getting this triggered over a channel that makes comedy videos
>>
>>86428250
A real auteur wouldn't get butthurt over some youtube video. He's a goddamn hack of the worst kind: he doesn't know it. Not a single worthwhile film under his name.
>>
>>86427764
>all those connected words
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>86428119
They started nitpicking for the sake of "comedy" really quick and were upfront about it
Shit, they even said that they're nitpicking in that video

How can a big time director get so mad over a youtube video from a channel famous for finding reasons to shit on things?

You just know he's an insecure, boring chickenshit
That's why he calls anyone who he doesn't like as Trump and that's why he has that beard
I just hope the MGS movie will be canceled
>>
>Upcoming cinema sins video: everything wrong with Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Would you kek?
>>
>>86428398
>I just hope the MGS movie will be canceled
Lemme see the casting first
>>
>>86428247
those cunts will always spin any criticism into "muh bad on purpose" and "muh irony"
>>
somebody post the link to the ex girlfriend saying he has a tiny dick
>>
>>86428174
>"our" "guy"
Excuse me, sir, this is 4chan.
>>
File: 1499355868712.jpg (122KB, 399x462px) Image search: [Google]
1499355868712.jpg
122KB, 399x462px
Kong must have not done that well if he's caring about a Youtube channel pointing the flaws with his movie.

This guy was also a sensitive baby on a Chicago podcast a few years ago
>>
File: 1500978990788.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1500978990788.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>86428308
/b/egone
>>
>>86428324
he should kino it up by trimming it or putting some beads on it or something
>>
Was it autism?
>>
>>86427764
Never heard of Cinema Sins but that new Kong movie was fucking dogshit.
>>
>>86428506
He's mocked here. It's an ironic post retard.
The guy wrote 75 tweets and was sperging out because a guy was a Trump supporter and SITTING NEXT TO HIM ON THE PLANE OH MY GOD HOW IS THAT ALLOWED THE GUY IS A FASCIST HE SHOULD NOT BE ON THAT PLANE #resist
>>
>>86427764
He's right about CinemaSins but posting stuff like that just makes him look bitter.
You gotta stay above that noise, man. Everyone who knows anything about movies doesn't like CinemaSins.
>>
File: file.png (101KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
101KB, 360x240px
>>86428324
He's jewish. He's purposely trying to hide his semite features
>>
>>86428498
while also criticizing movies that are the same way truly ironic
>>
>>86427764
It's a joke channel. They don't make serious criticisms they make nitpicks and always admit that it's nitpicking. It's entertainment only.
>>
There's a scene in Kong: Skull Island where they're all on a boat and about to take off in a helicopter. It's a wide shot and it's clearly got four helicopters on it.

Then after they take off, another wide shot shows twelve different helicopters in the air.

I don't see that as anything but insulting the audience's intelligence.
>>
>>86428703
He's brown and 99 percent of the planet will just see him as brown.
>>
>>86428882
He's the worst kind of jew
>JVR: Uh, speaking as a lapsed Jew, I mean, if we want to get real ...

A crypto-jew.
Goes as far as getting a weird beard
>>
>>86427764
>>86427764
>"I just love cinema"
>"I want to make something original"

Then why'd you make Kong?

Dude has an ego issue. Check his earlier tweets. Guy bluntly said that a theatre playing King Kong should just allow him to talk before the movie. Then he also said how music vid directors was ripping off his first indie film.
>>
>>86428505
There's the problem.
>>
>>86428948
who gives a shit if he's jewish you fucking SJW sperg. like anyone is going to take your word for it even if they do care
>>
>>86429194
Sure thing jew
*wink*
>>
Kong was fucking garbage. But Cinema-Sins is a fucking cancer. It is the most retarded form of criticism.
>>
>>86427764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw
>>
>>86429096
Dunning-Krueger syndrome
>>
>>86429230
It's tvtropes in video form
>>
>>86429242
Possibly. He's gone on record saying video game movies don't work because the people behind them have no clue.
And he's going to change that with MGS. His words.
>>
>>86429261
It just exaggerates the most superficial and insignificant details, like all nit picking faggots. They're more worried about a film being logically and autistically consistent rather than thematic depth. The fedora tippers of film criticism, people like YMS.
>>
>>86429352
Nothing can compress 20 hours into 2 hours.
And most of video game shit is just like normal stuff. Endless walking, some shooting, cutscene.

It doesn't translate at all to a movie unless the game is a visual novel/heavily story focused game.

And MGS is none of that. Guaranteed to kill his career. Similar to how Valve tried to push Half Life/Portal into a movie. Are these retards serious?
>>
>>86429444
MGS won't work because that's the point. It's suppose to be a video game. Plus there's too much story in it to even cram into 150 minutes.

Vidya to film can work depending on the source. Like Tomb Raider wasn't awful not was it great. But it's a decent step. I thought Warcraft tried its best and it was there in respects to the Horde side. Could have watched just a movie of them.

It's all about feel/tone. I could see a Destiny movie. There's plenty of lore for a filmmaker to scavenge and tell a isolated story.
>>
>>86427764
I listened to the CinemaSins thing on the way home from work today just to see what the controversy was about. I don't know what you homos are on about but 90% of it was spot on and not even pure nitpicking. The movie was straight trash and they rightly pointed out many of the legitimate tone and story inconsistencies. Anyone who is shitting on this video is literally a contrarian faggot who didn't even watch it and just wants to look cool on /teevee/ being a mindless hivedrone.
>>
>>86429261
Cinema Sins is purposly misleading to make a movie seem shittier than it is.
https://youtu.be/qnTZbZw1JPQ
>>
>>86427764
The most ironic thing about this whole thing is that this guy accused Cinemasins of being cultural leeches that promote the dumbing down of film while defending fucking Kong Island.
>>
File: Bitches Don't Remember.png (507KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bitches Don't Remember.png
507KB, 576x768px
>>86427764
>He continued, addressing a number of "sins" the video's creators mentioned were present inKong: Skull Island.Vogt-Roberts rebutted each one

When you debate a joke you're a pretentious twat and immediately lose the argument.

That you'd bother doing this defending a monster movie.. speaks volume about your cranial contents.
>>
>>86429571
Pretty much. MGS/Portal/Half Life have barely any story except it being ambiguous or details being mentioned in some book or pamphlet.

Something like Overwatch could work but as an animated movie since they went heavy with the building up the world and story. Any animation studio could take reign.

But hey at least it's not as bad as the 2 Hitman kino reboots
>>
>>86429664
This.
>oh look at my anime references
>member Cubone?
>>
>>86429664
>>86429700

Because he made it duh. He's super pissed nobody liked that trash
>>
CinemaSins nitpicks for the sake of comedy. Problem is that their dumb followers take it semi-seriously and think it's an actual critique. I personally find their humour pretty dull as well and the videos go on for way too long now.

He is a whiny cunt for getting triggered by it though. He always seems like he has a massive ego for no reason and he is going to fuck up Metal Gear Solid next.

If a filmmaker is publicly tweeting shit about some youtube video making jokes about your movie then you really must not have much going on and you just look like you can't take some banter. Especially over a fucking King Kong spinoff thing, jesus christ.
>>
Skull Island was actually pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>86427764
fuck man, if you don't like it don't watch it.
>>
>>86429778
t. JVR
>>
>>86429444
Due to his involvement in the series for years and his ability to see that certain parts of Kojima's writing was dogshit I honestly think David Hayter was the only person who might have been able to make a MGS film work (with a talented director and producer working with him).

This fucking guy is going to make another cheesy piece of shit like Kong that'll flop this time and I just hope it tanks his career
>>
>>86429938
MGS franchise is dead anyways. Good riddance if it can take Roberts down with the ship
>>
File: sweating jew.jpg (12KB, 156x200px) Image search: [Google]
sweating jew.jpg
12KB, 156x200px
>>86429885
>the goyim know
>>
File: chinless.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chinless.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>86427764
>>86428174
This guy sounds like a bitch. He probably doesn't have a chin under that beard.
>>
File: CTBhd0KUYAI0F74.png (192KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
CTBhd0KUYAI0F74.png
192KB, 510x383px
>>86429571
>Plus there's too much story in it to even cram into 150 minutes
22 and done
>>
>>86429938
>and his ability to see that certain parts of Kojima's writing was dogshit I honestly think David Hayter was the only person who might have been able to make a MGS film work

If you're insinuating that Hayter rused Kojitard into writing badly I want to hear your crackpot theory.
>>
>>86429647
Those movies ARE shitty and Guy Ritchie has proven himself to be a hack for the past decade.
>>
>>86427764
>flack
It's fucking "flak" jesus christ. But now that people have been using "flack" in place of it for a few years they now mean the same thing. Fuck Americans.
>>
Not even the guys behind cinemasins take their "sins" seriously.
Roberts just made himself look like an idiot for responding to them
>>
>>86430857
Guy Ritchie is a director. You can stop talking now.
>>
Show off your Cinemasins power level and reel off as many typical sins as you can, fags.
>Thaaat's racist
>Prometheus School
>Would be excellent at Cinenasins
>Steals the X from
>Eating an apple makes you an asshole
>Narration
>Reading
>Too many logos
>>
https://twitter.com/LinerNotes/status/897623024010219522
Apparently film itself is being attacked now.
>>
>>86431018
>Scene does not include a lap dance
>I'm not X's boyfriend in this scene
>>
>>86431031

lol what a bunch of salty fucks.
>>
>>86431168
#ImWithHim

it begins
>>
>>86427764
Didnt even know that channel but they have a new subscriber now
>>
>>86431018
>Prometheus School of Running Away from Things*
>X makes me feel ok about Y and I am not ok with that
>*ten seconds of fake laughter*
>Roll credits
>>
Cinemasins isn't meant to be taken seriously as film criticism, but a lot of people think it is. That's the problem. The dude making the videos doesn't have much ill intent, it's just that his fans are morons. His earlier videos had a running gag for "scene does not contain a lap dance" and if you take them seriously after hearing that you should kill yourself.
>>
>>86429571
you don't HAVE to cram the entire series into one movie, it could just be an introduction to modern solid snake, with hints at a bigger backstory. just do a single mission or just do sons of liberty.
>>
>>86431168
>>86431031
>>86431277
So what motivates them to see a bad king kong reboot as 'art'? Are they actually being serious? I can't tell
>>
Sincere expression losing out to glib irony. What a sad world we live in.
>>
File: IMG_3323.jpg (52KB, 534x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3323.jpg
52KB, 534x297px
>>86427764
Absolutely, cinema sins claim they make these videos for comedic effect when most of the sins are elongated nitpicks that are invalidated whenever someone who isn't braindead looks into it.
>>
>>86431365
>Are they actually being serious
Do not besmirch their white knighthood
>>
>>86428119
>>86428154
>>86428204
>>86428250
>>86428646
>>86429230
>>86429432
>>86429647
ITT: a bunch of Redditards shit on a video series they've never seen because it doesn't cater to their highbrow sense of humor.
>>
>>86431018
>Actor isn't doing X in this scene
>X is a dick to Y
>*sigh*
>>
I don't watch Cinemasins but fuck Skull "Let's make King Kong into capeshit" Island
>>
>>86431018
>all bad guys are rapists
>pronoun game
>Ex-Machina
>>
>>86431481
Fuck off Jeremy.
>>
>search director
>find a leddit thread about the story
>oh boy the cinemasins army is there I bet
>turns out leddit really fucking hates cinemasins
wtf Jeremy is /ourguy/ now?
>>
>>86428119
Did you watch CinemaSins' first video of ASM that was like only 2 mins long? Worst video he ever did
>>
>>86431807
reddit also hates getting dipped in acid (presumably)
>>
>>86427764
Skull Island was awful but he's sort of right. Cinemasins just nitpicks the dumbest shit.
>>
>>86428052
This
>>
I'm torn since he seems like he'd be a fun guy to talk about sci-fi, anime and movies with. But he also seems really sensitive and that would limit the kinda conversations we could have.

Thin-skinned men irk me.
>>
>>86427764
Cinemasins has always been shit and I'm pretty sure they only reason they get that many views is because people search youtube for discussions about a movie they recently were let down by and it's always one of the top search results.

I remember seeing a vid of some no name YouTube review cinemasins video of snowpiercer and he just completed ripped cinemasins appart point out how so much of the "sins" are innane, blatantly contradict each other and aren't an issue at all if you just think about the plot for more than 5 seconds.

I get that it's supposed to be over the top but that only works when it's clever and consistent. It doesn't work when you try to be serious with bad movie and then the same with good movies.

Mostly cinemasins is just fucking boring and desperate and lacks any witt
>>
>>86428367
only guy making sense in this thread
>>
>>86427764
https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/897521323173330944
>>
>>86431031
It is, in a way, but the evolution or simplification of film criticism - the Ebertization of film criticism, if you will - and stuff like Cinemasins and Honest Trailers and even Half in the Bag are part of the problem.

People don't read/watch/listen to reviews for enlightenment or discourse anymore, instead they want to be entertained. It's the BvS Phenomena, wherein a movie with obvious, even egregious faults is shredded to pieces by snark filled hit-pieces in place of actual film discussion, because it's more fun as a reader to read a bunch of funny lines about why something SUCKED, than an in-depth analysis for why it FAILED as a film - if it even did.

These people, especially the ones who aren't true professional critics (they haven't studied film history, film criticism or film theory, let alone seen the best cinema has to offer as a medium), such as Cinemasins or YMS or Ralphthemoviemaker or some other guy with a YT channel, can only offer jokes and nitpicks and dismissals. They can only "entertain". It's why someone like Gene Shalit even had a career.
>>
>>86428174

Yep, we're Alt-Left here.
>>
>>86427764
The sins are just arbitrary and I dislike cinemasins for that.

But this is just some guy mad because someone had negative feedback on his movie.
He should stay quiet.
>>
>>86429778
It wasn't bad for a transatlantic flight where my other options were Boss Baby or Beauty and the Beast
>>
>>86432211

Its a movie who cares?
>>
>>86428119
>>86431837
Still, before in pointed out plot holes, or shit how stuff would move around in between takes. Then youtube changed their ad policy and 2 minute videos were turned into 20 minute videos with a shit load of padding and inconsequential shit
>>
>>86432211
>if you will
have sex
>>
If Cinemasins triggered him this much he has no idea what he's getting into with the Metal Gear movie. Kojima fanboys area a whole other level of autistic that he won't be able to handle.
>>
cinemasins was only funny when their videos were like 7 minutes or less. also this movie is based as fuck especially the scene when that guy tries to sacrifice himself and the fucking dinosaur kicks him instead of eating him
>>
>>86429647
You know Cinema Sins is satire? How dense do you have to be not to understand that?
>>
Haven't seen Skull Island but CinemaSins (or whatever his real name is) is a fucking faggot.
>>
>that fucking awful writing
>literally writes a paragraph without saying a fucking thing
>>
I enjoyed Skull Island so I don't care
>>
>>86427764
>getting worked over a youtube video
FINNA CRINGE
>>
File: 1501662665311.png (196KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1501662665311.png
196KB, 500x382px
>>86428154
well said.
>>
>>86428204
The videos used to be only 3-5 minutes long and focus on actual issues. Now they're 15-20 minutes long and nitpick every fucking detail.
>>
File: BBDWTS.jpg (16KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
BBDWTS.jpg
16KB, 220x333px
>>86433780
>getting worked by based big beard
>>
File: 1501746488263.jpg (25KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
1501746488263.jpg
25KB, 480x474px
Still watching MGS even if I know going in the director's a pissy faggot. I really enjoyed Kong and the guy idolizes Kojimbo so it probably won't be too bad. But holy shit is he whiny. I also thought filmmakers liked these channels anyway, I remember the Russos were on Screen Junkies twice, Landis likes YMS and RLM, and a lot more I don't care enough to mention. Why's this guy so defensive?
>>
>>86427764
yes, he's right, cinemasins is trash. they don't pay any fucking attention to the movies they're watching and yet have the gall to call out what they call plot holes and inconsistencies. what's worst of all is that people eat this shit up and take it under the guise of actual criticism and i can guarantee there are people out there who parrot cinemasins "criticisms" when asked about a movie they've covered. not to mention they are not fucking funny and have never been funny.
>>
>>86427764
>flack
>>
>>86432982
People who care about movies. Why else would you be here?

>>86433122
I would but your mother's booked solid tonight
>>
Melting down on Twitter seems like an insecure thing to do if you're a big budget Hollywood director. Even if this is a big YouTube channel, who cares? Isn't the movie old now anyway? I say this as someone who doesn't know the director or the channel.
>>
>>86434099
probably because cinemasins is substantially worse than all of those things.
>>
>>86431481
You seriously have high functioning autism dude. Your Warcraft one was the most exposing.
>>
>>86427764
literally who
>>
>>86433343
This. I'm salivating just thinking about it.
>>
>>86434099
>Landis likes YMS
color me shocked
>>
There job is to find stuff to complain about and they need enough content to make a video, so their complaints get pretty petty. I would never go to them for any real review, but it's fun to watch them trash a movie I already think is bad.
>>
also that mofo was absolutely wrong in his 'dear hollywood' saying that bvs would destroy marvel's avengers.
he was wrong and never replied back or did a follow up.
>>
File: 1500781030290.jpg (54KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1500781030290.jpg
54KB, 500x469px
>>86434321
Well obviously, but if he doesn't like their comedy he can just say that. He doesn't have to go on some tangent on how his craft is being oppressed by some people on the internet. It happens to every mainstream director, none of them clearly give as much a shit as this guy. Despite how shit they may be, CS never ever claimed to be legitimate film criticism.
>>
Cinemasins isn't meant to be taken seriously and sins movies they really like.

But here we are, directors getting buttblasted and comment sections full of whiny fags.
>>
File: 1493314623881.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493314623881.png
461KB, 565x486px
This seems like a an issue that /tv/ will actually be divided on as the contrarian river goes both ways in this situation.
>>
>>86434730
Got a link to this "Dear Hollywood" thing? I could use a good laugh
>>
>>86427764
I watched one CinemaSins episode once because its all the rage with the normies and I genuinely wanted to like it because I like to find new things that I enjoy

But the criticisms I saw were so nitpicky and irrelevant, shit like "what I would have done in that situation/why did this person do this" when there was clear motivation for the character, or maybe there was not but the critic didnt bother to go over character motivations or when they should have been introduced.

Or in the case of completely sci-fi/fantasy films, saying shit like "ugh why do orcs exists" "how come they have magical doors" "how come..." and so on and so forth. Just really, really ignorant criticisms for the sake of "I am just so smart to notice this" but it has the complete opposite effect.
>>
>>86434747
what about when criticisms they make of movies in their other channel where they're actually being serious make it into cinemasins videos. some of what they're saying is what the perceive to be legitimate critique when usually they're just straight up not fucking paying attention. here's a video that explains that issue pretty well, and opens with a quote saying that if they fuck something up, they invite calling them out on it. and this is for a movie i don't even fucking like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YWVne9pDE
the part i'm talking about starts at about 30:45 so you don't have to sit through the whole thing and sit through the guy in the video defending black widow whenever cinemasins shits on her.
>>
>>86434777
Hollywood seems to take these big youtubers pretty seriously because lots of other idiots also take them seriously. Many people likely watch these videos, laugh along at the "jokes", then spread around these "jokes" and people start to feel like maybe they shouldn't pay to go see the new big budget flick.
The Russo brothers said they were worried about "Honest Trailers" and were actively thinking of that channel when they were making the movie. If someone has enough youtube subscribers, they're not only observed, they're seen as threats.
>>
>>86434969
You dont actually believe those are that guy's actual opinions?
>>
>>86428367
"""""""""Comedy""""""""" videos.

They are 90% shit padding for clicks on movies recently coming out. Its actually pretty pathetic and its amazing it gets any hits really.

Once you get a fanbase on youtube or tv they truly eat up any slop you serve
>>
Do people really take CinemaSins seriously? It's tongue in cheek. A lot of the sins aren't actually objective flaws with the film, just interesting things for the narrator to point out or his own opinions about the film.

At worst it's just a pedantic guy nitpicking films for fun.
>>
>>86435059
Maybe the Russos could be more afraid of making shit instead
>>
>>86435106
People like shit, big whoop.
>>
>>86431481
CinemaSins is one of the biggest pseudointellectual Reddit shams on the net
>>
>>86428119
If you can watch more than one of these videos and not see how retardet it actually is than you are just another consume zombie.
Sad.

95% of these shitty videos could be made onto 4-5 min videos that actually cover the big plot holes and inconsistencies.
>>
>>86435188
>>86428367
>>86435106

The problem I see it is not what CinemaSins is doing but how the audience that watches his videos take it as. His fanbase is fucking horrid and all his "nitpicks" people start pointing them out as actual flaws in the feel because they don't see it as comedy.

I've actually had people quote shit from Cinema Sins as valid criticisms to not like a film. They actually think he is doing it for real and its not comedy.

That's where the problem comes along. If he had a disclaimer at the start of the video saying "This is comedy, not to be taken seriously as criticisms" then that would be fine but he doesn't. So you have all this subhuman shits thinking its for real and actually believing the shit he points out as actual flaws in the film.

He is part of the problem with online pseudo-film reviewers today. They have this shtick of ironic comedy mixed with basic insight in to film making and they're getting hundreds of thousands of idiots that hang to their every worth and take what they say as truth. Completely destroying film analysis as a whole.
>>
>>86434920
sorry it was bvs against captain america 3 civil war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvBQE6cvVg

the fucker was adamant that batman v superman would shit all over cap 3 and make a gajillion dorrars and bury marvel.
>>
>>86435062
Uh, he makes reviews of movies and proposes his criticisms in a very matter-of-factly mannor so yes, those seem to be his actual opinions and would seem to be that way to any sane person.
>>
>>86435188
I guess these guys didnt watch the summary video, where they sin themselves because
>We are not reviewers, we're assholes
>The narrators voice is annoying.
>Like in Catholicism, sins can be for very minor things
>The sins. Don't. Matter
>Even some of the things we say in this video aren't true
And of course
>King Kong aint got shit on me
>>
>>86435903
>we are exempt from criticism ourselves because we don't take ourselves or our own criticism seriously
yeah no that's stupid.
>>
>>86435609
>pseudointellectual

>"scene does not contain lap dance"

Fucking kek
>>
>>86435901
So he really does want lap dances in every scene?
>>
>>86427764
>guy that makes movie about thing thats only known for jobbing to godzilla gets butthurt about a youtube video
>>
>>86435609
the problem is you being dumb enough to take it seriously instead of seeing it for what it really is
>>
File: faaag.jpg (47KB, 282x376px) Image search: [Google]
faaag.jpg
47KB, 282x376px
>takes away sins from TFA because Rey does some Mary Sue shit
>>
>>86436026
Its more like "we're retarded and you're even more retarded if you take this shit seriously"

Which is exactly what's happening in this thread and on twitter.
>>
>>86436363
is that not exactly what i just said
if you're in the camp of "more retarded" wouldn't that make your argument and criticism of their content in any way be completely nullified
>>
>>86427764
Vogt-Roberts is shitty and Kong is shitty, and whenever someone in a high position (like a film director) comes down to the level of his detractors it makes him look like an insecure faggot.

Poor move on his part. Also his movie sucks.
>>
>cinemasins
>criticism

What?
>>
>>86436232
>thats only known for jobbing to godzilla
King Kong beat Godzilla ya mook
>>
>>86436466
Saying their shit isn't funny/informative is one thing. Getting pissy over it is another.

And being a Hollywood filmmaker then writing a few dozen tweets with screenshots because you're butthurt some inconsequential YouTube satirical video had a laugh at your movie is too autistic for words
>>
>>86431277
>make a twitter thread nitpicking about the nitpicking
>not a meltdown
>>
they simply lost any creativity in their video, because they realized that is way faster and easier to simply nitpick popular movies and point out the obvious than actually put yourself to do a job without visible returns. it just isn't worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvuwldnG7c0
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaEznVOHG8

just to pick 2 at random. First has way more work done in to it, even if it's shorter.

I still watch EWW, mostly because so I don't have to actually watch shitty movies like Transformers, FF series, Ffourstitc etc
>>
>>86427764
Absolutely BASED. CinemaSins was a mistake, idk how it ever got popular with brainlets
>>
How is anyone defending this idiot? He's a "professional" movie director that's getting butthurt because a satire Youtube channel made fun of his shitty movie
>>
>>86427764
I'm sick to fucking death of the phrase "SLAMZ". it's fucking everywhere. Does everyone in news and publishing only have a 5 word vocabulary?
>>
>Cinemasins makes a video on nearly every big movie
>Almost no people involved with any of them give a fuck, or at least don't let anyone know they care
>Release Kong video 6 hours ago
>Director is already having a twitter meltdown
Really says a lot about the guy
>>
that movie was literal cancer. I would lash out at everyone around me also.
>>
>>86427764
Sure the movie isn't great but any five minutes of it are worth more than however many hundreds of hours cinema sins has polluted the world with combined.
>>
He's not a good director and getting into a Twitter fight with a YouTube channel is clearly bad PR and beneath a professional film director, but he's dead right about CinemaSins being anti-art that goes for the lowest of hanging fruit and often misses the point so egregiously that they have to be intentionally disregarding it.
>>
Kong may have sucked, but it was a large improvement upon Kings of Summer, which was embarrassing.
>>
>>86428703
>He's purposely trying to hide his semite features
By growing the jewy-est beard ever?
>>
>>86428119
>primate audience
literally accurate, though I bet you meant this as an insult
>>
>>86427764
>Skull Island.Vogt-Roberts rebutted each one, which include such points of contention as accusation that "half [the film's] budget was spent on rain machines… so we couldn't hear the s****y dialogue"

Is he autistic?

that's just a joke, of course CinemaSins guy does't actually believe that, he probably knows the director thinks the dialogue is genius

because hollywood is full fo narcissists
>>
>>86432211
>a movie with obvious, even egregious faults is shredded to pieces by snark filled hit-pieces in place of actual film discussion, because it's more fun as a reader to read a bunch of funny lines about why something SUCKED, than an in-depth analysis for why it FAILED as a film
https://youtu.be/-JPOoFkrh94?t=55s
>>
>>86427764
To be fair Cinemasins is shit. He doesn't even point out movie mistakes anymore, he either just blatantly ignores shit in the movie and calls it a plot hole or recycles unfunny jokes for 20 minutes because he ran out of material to work with.
>>
>it's a Cinema Sins is wrong about everything episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ&
>>
>>86427764

>I'm not upset or mad over this

>but i'll make a thousand tweets because some youtube channel called my movie shit

>HURR IM NOT ANGERY RETURD!! y-you just didn't watch my movie properly, You don't even understand how hard movies are too make gosh! At least i have a movie loooooser!! Drumpftkinn

maybe he should try sweetie posting instead, It's funny because everyone who Kojima has met up with in Japan is a complete and total hack, especially this guy. Kojima literally is a hack magnet.
>>
>>86428119
>this scene does not contain a lap dance

XD.

Couldn't make it a minute into The Accountant one.
>>
>>86442671
Sorry about your autism. I guess he needed to use stale /tv/ memes to keep your attention.
>>
Being mad at CinemaSins for making fun of your movie is like watching TotalBiscuit and being surprised he talks shit about the game he's reviewing the whole way through.
>>
>>86433100
Or people find longer videos entertaining.

see also; RLM/Plinkett, YMS, I Hate Everything, AVGN, Ashens, Nostalgia Critic, pretty much any prominent youtube reviewer
>>
>>86443246
Hey jeremy, yes 4chan memes are better than yours.
>>
>>86427764
I like this guy. Online "critics" were a mistake.
>>
>used to really enjoy cinemasins
>absolutely hate it now

I don't mind the silly nitpicking or memes but half the sins are just plain false because he didn't actually pay attention to the movie
>>
>>86427764
Holy shit, is his beard real?
>>
>>86431481

lol, cinemasins is as normie as it gets pal.
>>
>>86427764
>a more noteworthy critic
oh a literal who. Big whoop
>>
File: 1416180630756.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1416180630756.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>86427764
>People genuinely get mad at obvious nitpick jokes
>>
>>86427764

Is this dude a fucking Muslim? whats with the beard
>>
>>86427764
IT AINT ME
>>
>>86428174
the fuck is a seatmate?
>75 tweets
lmao how fucking triggered can you get
>>
>>86427764
Is it the same guy who does the gamingsins channel? His complaints are nitpicky at best and he oftentimes gets the facts wrong or misses the point of something entirely
>>
Who even thinks Cinema Sins is funny? I tried watching their stuff years ago and half a minute later I already shut it off because it was so fucking dumb and unfunny.
>>
>>86434022
>Nose
>Allahu beard
Why would you want to look like a Muslim Jew?
>>
>>86428052
both sides are wrong and right
>>
Both CinemaSins and Vogt-Roberts are talentless faggots.
>>
>>86444102
>it was just a joke
why do all internet critics fall back to the same excuse? do none of them have a spine?
>>
>>86428174
Proof that people have too much time on their hands and make shit with what they have left.

Which is pretty much the forgettable Kong movie.
>>
>>86444339
CinemaSins has multiple videos literally saying it's a joke series. Calm down Jordan, just because you weren't in on it doesn't mean it's not a joke.
>>
>being this butthurt about criticism cliche
>>
They may started as just " jokes" bro but after they growed enormously and all normies following them , its effecting badly to movie criticism. Normies think its actual criticism so its good to call their shit.
>>
>>86436272
lol love this mental fuckery just to sell your shit product that people are increasingly annoyed by
>it's not annoying and shit, you're just not appreciating on the correct brainbox settings
lmao
"cuck porn is the thinking man's fetish"
"if you kill your enemies, they win"

lmfao
whiteboys
>>
File: TVTropesLogo.png (452KB, 4750x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TVTropesLogo.png
452KB, 4750x1600px
>>86444743
Let's be real here, this shit right here was the patient zero for a lot of this bullshit. And the saddest part is it was really a Joss Whedon fansite in disguise.
>>
>it's an autists out themselves because they physically lack the ability to understand sarcasm/satire/puns episode
Gets you guys every time.
>>
>>86427764
I didn't know he could say anything except 'DUDE METAL GEAR' desu
>>
>>86427764
People seriously take CinemaSins seriously? I thought being ridiculously nitpicky and dumb was the entire point of the series.
>>
>>86445529
never underestimate autists and retards
>>
I'm having mixed feelings here. Because Cinemasins might be the worst channel on Youtube. But this guy is the worst director on Hollywood.

It's like a match made in heaven. Of retards
>>
I won't sit here and defend the absolutely awful channel that CS but lengthy twitter rants that end with "If you think I'm mad" don't make yourself not look triggered as fuck.
>>
>>86445681
>worst director on hollywood

You're a fucking autist.
>>
>>86427764
The criticisms that Cinemasins makes very often aren't real criticisms. He counts text on the screen as "reading", which is a sin. It's a bullshit channel that shouldn't be counted among "real" movie critique channels.
>>
>>86445890
I don't get it. It's not supposed to be a real critique. It's just stupid fucking nitpicking. Why do people think it's supposed to be a legitimate review when he does the same for absolute every single movie that comes out?
>>
>>86435660
Yeah, this is similar to people taking Nostalgia Critic as gospel.

On the other hand, much like with him, all it takes is for Cinema Sins to vastly fuck up something that could turn opinion against them.
>>
File: 95235.gif (67KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
95235.gif
67KB, 380x380px
>>86427764
Never seen CinemaSins before now.

Nevermind the nitpicks, I couldn't even finish watching because of how goddamn annoying the guys voice is.
>>
File: slap-feature.jpg (19KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
slap-feature.jpg
19KB, 480x330px
>>86427764

>joke review channel
>get so assblasted as a director that you lower yourself to a literal youtube chanel critic level
>make an unoriginal stupid shit movie
>"you are just wrong about the intent of cinema"

If a movie is a cliché ridden piece of shit then it's just that.
>>
>>86445955
Because his fanbase treats it as legitimate reviews
>>
>>86446030
See >>86435903
>>
>>86445955

Nobody takes CinemaSins seriously just idiots. It's obviously isn't meant to be anything serious.
>>
>>86446084
So because his fanbase is full of autistic retards who don't understand it isn't meant to be taken seriously, you have to also pretend it's meant to be taken seriously?

There isn't even a difference between you guys then.
>>
>>86428740
Was there not three boats, all with four helicopters, making for a total of twelve helicopters?
>>
File: 4736.jpg (12KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
4736.jpg
12KB, 400x225px
>>86444420
>Comedy series needs not one but several videos directly stating it is meant to be comedic
What fantastic jokes.
>>
>>86427764
Cinemasins kinda does that kind of stuff but I doubt anybody who watched more than 2 videos of theirs thinks they're being serious.
>>
>>86445890
>"real" movie critique channels.
>Youtube
Excuse me, but what?
>>
>>86427764
Why does cinemasins trigger people so much? They don't try to pass themselves as legitimate critics, it's all in good fun, even if you don't like what they do they do it just fine.
>>
>>86446032
I know, right?
Cinemasins does a Citizen Kane video = Nobody fucking cares
Cinemasins does Kong: Skull Island = How dare you to insult such a masterpiece!
>>
>>86447292

I also love how sensitive some directors / writers get when they make the 150th same plot and CGI fest with quip characters and nothing original going for it.

This is why I say at least King Arthur TRIED something new, it's a nother thing how much it worked.
>>
>>86429571
/v/ here, MGS is already a movie. The masterful piece of cinema that is Guns of the Patriots.
>>
>>86444237
>Who even thinks *insert something here* is funny? I tried *insert verb here* their stuff years ago and half a minute later I already shut it off because it was so fucking dumb and unfunny.

Ah, 4chan. Never. Change.
>>
>>86432211
This is some /mu/ level of pretension. You need to pull your head out of your film school ass, man. You're absolutely correct though, and the problem is not confined to movie reviews but is in fact plaguing news media in general, with major news organizations prioritizing entertainment over actual news.
>>
File: 8932532.png (234KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
8932532.png
234KB, 460x464px
>>86433343
>Kojima fanboys area a whole other level of autistic that he won't be able to handle

It's going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to the shitstorm at the inevitable race-swapping for characters too.
>>
>>86429571
>muh complex japan game
>>
File: 1499509104363.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1499509104363.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>86433454
>satire
>>
>>86447856
Would race swapping really be necessary in a Metal gear movie? The series already has tons of token negros.
>>
>>86445890
>go to cinema to read a wall of text
This is one of the few legitimate criticisms about shit lazy movie writing. Only people I can let pass are Lucas doe Star Wars since it's stylized and Based Jim's Terminators, also stylized a bit.
>>
>>86427764
Do all you fuckers in this thread who are defending this insecure hack actually not understand what satire is?
The channel makes satirical nitpicks with the occasional valid criticisms, they have a couple hundred videos, and THIS is the movie that didn't deserve it?
Do you think Swift actually wanted to cook and eat the Irish?
>>
>>86439426
>anti-art
>cliches
>art
He should thank Cinemasins for promoting his "art." Now some people might buy a bluray.
>>
>>86432211
Do you realize that it's a hobby, right?
>>
>>86442671
?
that's just their way of saying they want to fuck female actors, which resonates 100% with this board's population
>>
>>86432211
one is objective and relatable
the other is subjective and oftentimes pretentious
>>
Over 10 years ago Jordan was on an episode of Chicago comedy podcast Red Bar Radio, and he was a fucking faggot then and it's nice to see he hasn't changed in over a decade.
>>
>>86428174
Imagine being such a beta you passive aggressively tweet storm because the stranger next to you in "right wing".
>>
>>86448319
What'd he do?
>>
>>86437774
>just to pick 2 at random
>the room
>picked at random

nice luck there buddy, picking out the very worst movie of all time versus a run of the mill capeshit flick.
>>
>>86448434
he just acted like a douche, people called in to shit talk him, he gets mad and walks out, leaving the guy he gave a ride to without a ride home.
>>
>>86444283
"both sides" is the new ebin maymay? sweet.
>>
>>86431481
But CinemaSins IS reddit
>DUDE LAP DANCE LMAO
>>
>>86427764
he's right really. As shit as his film looked and how uninterested I am in it, Cinemasins is watchmojo-tier. It's good to watch a video every now and then when you're bored but it's the lowest energy content designed to farm views based on a familiar product. Kind of like all these reboots like Kong: Skull Island, ironically.
>>
>>86427764
OY VEY STOP CRITICIZING OUR MOVIES GOY
>>
>>86434099
>Cuck directors like the Russos and Landis actually try to appeal to YouTube critics
>Based directors like Roberts and Lynch take steaming shits on YouTube """culture"""
Know the difference
>>
File: IMG_9863.png (637KB, 976x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9863.png
637KB, 976x477px
>>86448054
>dude he's just pretending to be retarded it's satire
>it's satire
>satire
>>
File: OH SHIT.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
OH SHIT.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>86432211
I mean, it's like shiting on the guys that dress up like Spiderman and Elsa on Youtube videos for little kids, and say: "They baztardize the fine art of theater!" "There's nothing good from this piece of shit!!" "How could anyone learn something from this, this is mainstream garbage and it's dumbing-down the audience!!!"

They're not professionals, you know it, they know it, everybody who is smart enought knows it. Heck, I'm almost sure nobody on Youtube is a professional, Broadcast Yoursefl remember?. If you really want that level of in-depth analysis about films then talk with real, professional people, and most importantly GET OFF THE INTERNET.
>>
>>86427764
>CinemaSins has garnered quite a bit of flack

flak

FLugAbwehrKanone
>>
>>86444102
>>86446032
>joke channel
Except his reddit audience takes him very seriously.
>>
so does this retard realize that him actually responding to Cinemasins does absolutely nothing but validate that channel and give it a sense of authority?
>>
>>86450188
validate as in calling the channels existence stupid?
>>
>I'm a huge faggot who can't take the bant
>>
File: 1502747833529.jpg (294KB, 949x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1502747833529.jpg
294KB, 949x1118px
>>86450188
>small guy calls channel out
>haha ur just jelly kys
>big guy calls channel out
>so does this retard realize that him actually responding to Cinemasins does absolutely nothing but validate that channel and give it a sense of authority?
CinemaSins is cancer. It needed to be said.
>>
>>86449085
AYAYAY STOP CRITICIZING MY BASED E-CELEBS CABRON
>>
>""""director""" going apeshit over a channel that doesn't take itself seriously and gets watched for ASMR purposes most of the time
what an embarrassment
>>
>>86451834
I'm pretty sure it's just "controversy marketing".
>>
>>86451422
why are you so angry?
>>
File: 1502292467123.jpg (28KB, 408x411px) Image search: [Google]
1502292467123.jpg
28KB, 408x411px
>>86427764
>and that the use of a "cliched" Vietnam War-era song.

What started playing?
>>
All these stuck up cunts in this thread who can't find a joke. My god
>>
>>86444835
>being this mad at some mediocre YouTube channel
>>
>>86452635
i ain't me would have been the choice of a connoisseur
i have't seen the flick but according to the soundtrack it has run through the jungle and bad moon rising, so i guess it was one of those CCR songs
if this guy hadn't thrown a it i wouldn't have seen the cinemasins video and doubt i would have wanted to see skull island. now it made me curious on how bad it actually is and if it has any reedeming qualities at at.
the kings of summer was just bad with nothing good about it, is Kong better?
>>
File: 1502550714252.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1502550714252.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>86427764
>the use of a "cliched" Vietnam War-era song
>>
I actually worked on Skull Island with Vogt-Roberts.

Guy is a nerd with questionable social skills, and his head far up his own ass. He pissed everybody off by wanting to shoot WAY too much coverage of everything. Some of the actors got super pissed. However he was at the mercy of the producers considering it was his first big-budget film, and they crammed a lot of stuff in that he didn't really want. Dude would be better as an "ideas guy", maybe write the script for MGS or whatever nerd thing he wants and let someone else direct it. I also highly suspect he posts here himself (Hi Jordan!).

Also, Cinemasins is absolute trash. It's neither valid criticism or funny in any way.
>>
Isn't a thief who can't take the fact that people have different political opinions? I don't think too highly on Hollywood directors but that's low even for them.
>>
File: 1498156436458.jpg (166KB, 1658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498156436458.jpg
166KB, 1658x1000px
>>86427764
CinemaSins

more like, CuckSins.
>>
>>86427764
This fag got worked into a shoot, brother.
Cinemasins is first and foremost comedy.
>>
>>86453724
hi jordan
>>
>>86453724
>Ding!
>>
>>86427764
>In a twist of irony, someone's explaining everything wrong with CinemaSins.
they did that themselves for april fools
>>
>>86431481
*DING*
>>
>>86428218
>usually ones that are currently being screen in theaters at the time of uploads
OY VEY! muh shekels!

>>86428379
/thread although cinemasins is still ass
>>
>>86435059
>The Russo brothers said they were worried about "Honest Trailers" and were actively thinking of that channel when they were making the movie.
jesus christ that's pathetic
>>
>>86446025
what was Nostalgia Critic's big fuckup?
>>
>>86427764
What is this beardstyle called?
>>
>>86427764
I personally think so. I have always hated CinemaSins... It isn't clever, it's mostly untrue despite being aggressive and pretentious, and it tries really hard to be funny and fails miserably. I'm not really sure why people enjoy it or even watch it whether they hate it or like it to be honest... Put your time into something else and don't give the guy the view or the money.
>>
>>86429261
There is a clear divide between tvtropes and cinemasins. The most obvious is that tropes are verifiable; the second most obvious is that tvtropes are completely neutral as far as praise or criticism goes.
>>
>>86431018
>time rewind sound effect
>sin removed
>>
>>86429432
Except a lot of the time, the nitpicks aren't even real nitpicks... Like they are invalid or don't matger; other times, they are flat out wrong (like when he called out Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for having gold that isn't magnetic. Gold isn't magnetic, and this fact is very well known... But even if he didn't know, he could have done a quick check on wikipedia during the editing process.Such a simple but glaring oversight just shows how little care is put into the videos, which is also one of their faults imo.) I honestly don't get the appeal of the videos. The imdb has a goofs section which lists objective mistakes/errors, and they are checked for accuracy before being posted. CinemaSins videos were originally 2-5 minutes long of mostly actual errors and a few funny things... Now each video is 20 minutes or more and is mostly the same 4 year old jokes and personal issues he has with the film. It's honestly just so fucking bad.
>>
>>86454639
In Doug's case, it was a long, never ending series of fuckups.
>>
>>86427764
What the fuck is CinemaSins and why does anyone care what the director of Kong says about it?
>>
>>86436203
>he makes a couple joke criticisms

>that means all his criticisms are joke criticisms

Dont be willfully dense. He very clearly lays most criticisms out with a mocking, but genuinely perturbed tone.
>>
File: 1479371426227.jpg (13KB, 358x332px) Image search: [Google]
1479371426227.jpg
13KB, 358x332px
>He is STILL going at it
>>
>>86449812
Because they are that fucking stupid. It still isn't anything other then a comedy thing.
>>
Who's side are we on?
>>
Butthurt hater criticizes shit he does not understand

*DING*
>>
File: studied the meme.jpg (101KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
studied the meme.jpg
101KB, 640x960px
>>86428052
>>86444283
NOBODYS RIGHT, WHEN EVERYBODYS WRONG.
>>
>>86431018
>steals x from movie that post dates current movie by at least 10 years
>>
>>86428174
what is that article trying to say? That he sat next to a rightwinger so he started tweeting about him?
>>
>>86427764
This wouldn't even be a story if he'd (a) made a good movie and (b) never watched CinemaSins in the first place.
>>
>>86459852
Yes. He saw the guy reading Breitbart or something and started calling him a nazi for the rest of the flight over the course of 75 tweets.
>>
>>86460672
wow what a piece of shit
>>
>>86427764
Kong is a good film desu
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>86460672
>mfw reading a collection of those tweets culminating into a total meltdown
How do people like this function in the real world?
>>
>>86461110
They don't live in the real world. They live in liberal fairylands.
>>
>>86427764
Videotoy player director can't handle criticism
Nothing to see here.
>>
I really don't get why anyone spends hours demonstrating that they can't handle criticism.

I mean 3 minutes of nothing I could understand but this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ

He's right though.
>>
>>86449625
Always flares up my autism when they write it as "flack".
>>
The problem with youtube channels like Cinemasin or Screenjunkies is that people use it as a substitute to actually watching movies.

This is why you get people parroting the same opinions because they base their opinions on these channels.
>>
>>86427764
>Is he right?

I'd say it depends on the video. Sometimes they are desperate to dig up for shit and it shows.
>>
>>86464232
>sometimes
they always are desperate to dig up shit, they spent most of the everything wrong with age of ultron on criticizing hawkeye's and black widow's existence
>>
>>86465104
Ultron seriously went out its way to make the audience at least not hate Hawkeye. Widow's mexican drama subplot was as intrusive as it was crappy. Anything past Ultron first act is a sin.
>>
>>86428703
He's kinda hot. The beard makes him look like a fucking prog rock/D&D nerd.
>>
>>86465245
they didn't criticize that
>>
>>86429705
>MGS
>barely any story

Except for the hours and codec conversations, sure.
>>
It has never done a EWW of a movie still in theaters. you fucking lie.
>>
I used to love this channel and would look forward to new uploads every week or so but lately, I've lost interest and I wish someone else would pick up the formula and do it better. I opened up one of their new videos this morning and couldn't finish it. It was awful.

The idea is still great; nitpick a movie, expose plot holes and writing flaws and provide trivia all in an entertaining, tongue-in-cheek way. But what made CinemaSins stand apart from everyone else doing it is that they used to be less about comedy and more about actually nitpicking the movie. It was always interesting and insightful first and comedy second, or at least that's how it seemed. That's what made it so fun! You walked away with something.

However, lately Jeremy and crew are just obsessed with being funny. It's all in-jokes and running jokes. Scene does not contain a lap dance, (actress) is not my girlfriend, (character) is eating an apple and is therefore an asshole, etc. These bits were originally funny because they were rare and would get a smirk out of me; it was a play on the flawed narrator, sure, great. But it went from being 2% of the sins to like 50% now and shows no signs of slowing down. Everything is just attempts at humour and it's got to the point where a lot of their new vids miss very obvious sins because they're too busy looking for ways to be funny. I would actually watch movies, catch a flaw and think 'I can't wait till the CinemaSins guys get this and skewer it' and they blow right past it because they're making another
old joke.

It's a shame. I really loved this channel but it looks like the idea has been abandoned for the sake of entertainment. There was a time once where, if someone took that idea and ran with it, I'd think 'hey these assholes stole CinemaSin's idea!' but now I'd rather welcome it. At least someone should do it right.?
>>
Just watched Cinema Sins for the first time. Obvious cancer. Everyone here is being baited by it's "defenders"
>>
yeah I just saw the video, the movie is shit
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.