[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next year's Oscars is going to be insufferable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: the-oscars-statue-trophy.jpg (30KB, 675x325px) Image search: [Google]
the-oscars-statue-trophy.jpg
30KB, 675x325px
Next year's Oscars is going to be insufferable.
>>
>>86426024
Why, because they'll *gasp* criticize him?
>>
>>86426024

Moonlight is the only good movie of the current decade to win Best Picture

Also yeah, a mindless, meaningless award show that lasts one night might get political. Btw did you know that art is political? That's basically as insufferable as a retarded president and his even more retarded followers being retards on a daily basis in public.
>>
the last one was the #oscarsowhite one and it had record low ratings

nobody really gives a shit
>>
>>86426133
>>86426175
HAHA, FUCK DRUMPF! XD
>>
>>86426024
Don't watch it or make threads about then.
>>
>>86426175
So true. I HATED the right wing Ghostbusters. I only liked the new, left wing one.
>>
>>86427669
>liking any incarnation of Redditbusters
>>
>>86426024
I always wanted to attend one. What's the way a normie could get in?
>>
>>86427758
Say you're a POC and if they tell you no claim "RACIST" for the next few days and people will donate to your cause and they'll invite you to avoid a PR disaster, id say claim your a jew but the left doesnt like Israel so.
>>
>>86427758

Be black.

Complain.

Apparently that an effective way of getting things nowadays.
>>
Get Out nominated for best picture, calling it now.
>>
>>86426175
12 years and no country were good
>>
>that moment when a white man gets an award

ugh
>>
>>86428111

Current meaning 2010-2017. 12 Years is bad.
>>
>>86428195
Out of what it was up against I'd say 12 years was the best. And I didn't think it was "bad" by any means. Good film. And I went into it after it had won thinking "they definitely gave best picture to this because diversity and shame" but I came out really surprised and thought it more than deserved it.

and I read it as decade meaning 10 years prior to now.
>>
>>86428195
>>86428333
In fact the only thing I didn't like was brad Pitt as the sympathetic Canadian white man. Could've been literally any white guy who can act well but him being in it was such a cry for attention.

Also fassbender was snubbed
>>
>>86426024
Why because you care?
>>
>>86428333

I could not disagree more. I'm pretty liberal and think 12 Years is shit. It's a ridiculously exploitative film that equates meaningfulness with showing a vacuous horror show atrocity exhibition. There is no depth to its characterization of slavery. Aesthetically good maybe but even that works against it because it starts inadvertently forcing us to focus on its beautiful technical merit which should never be the case when making a film about such an ugly, hideous subject.

Most of the noms sucked that year that I saw, just like every year, but Wolf is a way, way better film than 12 Years. One of Scorsese's best.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.