[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MoviePass dropping subscription fees to $10 a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: MoviePass[1].jpg (58KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
MoviePass[1].jpg
58KB, 800x467px
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-15/netflix-co-founder-s-crazy-plan-pay-10-a-month-go-to-the-movies-all-you-want

$10 A MONTH TO WATCH UNLIMITED MOVIES AT THE KINOPLEX

WAKE ME UP
>>
and people claim there is no marketing on 4chan
>>
Great deals all around. Better purchase this goy-- guys.
>>
>>86405756
I still have to drive there, sit next to loud teenagers and pay extraordinary prices for food.
>>
Shieet I pay for this, ya'll niggas will pay ridicolous money for cable and vape juice, I rather see my fucking garabage movies on a not garbage screen with kino audio. Fuck the system but also fuck you guys for being 12 year olds.
>>
>>86405756
Sweet, now Hollywood just needs to put out movies worth seeing.
>>
>>86406120
Not getting road head from your friends older sister on way to kinoplex, kick in teeth of loud stacies and blast fat fart clouds in the faces of soccer moms and their annoying kids, bring your own food becuase you are not a gay retard or just ask one of your friends to give you some free counter food becuase you'll give him some of your sloppy seconds. You must be somewhere below beta status if you can finnagle your way around these things.
>>
>>86405756
thank you my friend, I will be sure to buy a MoviePass™ card immediately :^)
>>
>They pay the theater full price for one ticket per day, total cost: up to $300 or more per month
>You pay them $10 month

They are going to lose so much money, unless the data they gather is worth a shit ton of money.
>>
>>86406685
the average person will get $25 a month out of spending $10 a month. Even the top 1% power users will maybe get $50 a month out of it
>>
>>86405756
Ok, Redpill me on why this is a bad idea, aside from dealing with crowds at the movies.
>>
>>86407090
They count on you to go months at a time without wanting to see a movie, and they also expect you to buy food and drink in the cinema while you're there
>>
>AYO WUT UP I GOT ME A MOVIE PASS
>Ma'am you can't bring your whole family, it's one person, per day, one showing
>YO HOL UP I PAY MY SCRIPTION I GET ALL DA MOVIES I WANT

Cue all the diverse people of color burning down the stand.
>>
>>86407142
I think that as long as you live close to the theater, and don't fall for the concessions, this might be a pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>86405756
>wake up
>turn on bloomberg
>all these theater stocks are dropping
>>
There really aren't enough movies coming out to justify $10 a month plus dragging my anvil and falcon cage into the car
>>
>>86405756
theater i go to has $5 days every week, I don't even go to 12 a year why would i buy this??
>>
>>86405756
So I go to the movies a lot and I looked into MoviePass a month or so ago. It was like $20 for 2 movies per month, $30 for 5, or $40 for unlimited movies per month. So I assume the $10 fee is for the 2 movie subscription, which I would actually buy in a heartbeat. There's almost always at least one film I'd like to see per month and I'd happily use the second ticket on something more out there that could surprise me.
>>
>>86406737

I used to work at a movie theater, most of the schlock that came out these past 3 years were not worth seeing for free

However movies that I genuinely loved O saw a million times

10 Cloverfield Lane: 4 times

Shin Godzilla: 5 times

Kubo and the Two Strings: 5 Times

Zootopia: 4 times

Baby Driver: 4 times

Your Name: 3 times

Some peeps have autism stronger than me and see movies all the time

We have several regulars who just show up every discount day just to see whatever, then you have folks who already saw a movie and then are returning to watch it again with family/friends/partners

It's definitely a great deal for some people
>>
>>86408782
>most of the schlock that came out these past 3 years were not worth seeing for free
>However movies that I genuinely loved O saw a million times
>10 Cloverfield Lane:
stopped reading
>>
>Closest theater only has 3 movies at most
>next closest is too far to drive every day

Ehhhhhh
>>
>>86408731
$10/month is "unlimited" (just can't see imax/3D and can only go once per day). As long as you see at least one movie per month it pays for itself
>>
>>86409651
I just read that and immediately went to the website to sign up. Shit's down. Apparently this price is guaranteed for 12 months to people who sign up, I hope I can get in while they still have space. Even 2D films are like $10.95 minimum at my theater.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.