[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this. Right. Now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4146.jpg (40KB, 634x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4146.jpg
40KB, 634x653px
"I'm not a bad guy. I'm not here to kill anybody. Now bendini or I'll kill you"
>>
>>86405606
in defense of grrm and the hacks writers I'm pretty sure through most of human history you executed the commanders of adversaries and rebellions
>>
>>86405699
Historically spearmen would have raped cavalry so...
>>
'Revolutionaries' are disingenuous hypocrits. News at 11
>>
>>86405746

Historically spearmen break their lines when under attack from a dragon
>>
>>86405606
she basically did what ned stark did in s1e1
executed traitor
except that ned was wrong, and she was right to do it
>>
>>86405606
>"hey what's up guys? wow that was crazy am I right? listen, I know I just killed all your friends and loved ones while riding atop a winged demon but I'd like to stress the fact that I am NOT -- I repeat, NOT -- the villain of this piece. The real bad guy here is Cersei! I mean, she did kill fewer people than me and she's more or less benign at this point, but who are you going to trust, really? The latest in a lineage of rulers who have done a respectable job at upholding your way of life up until this point or the descendant of an insane person who just shit fire all over you? I mean, it's totally up to you, I'm your pal, but I think the choice is obvious, right? Hahaha do it or I'll slaughter all of you like cattle."

YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>86405801
Are you stupid? How are they traitors if they were never on her side
>>
>>86405780
Historically Saint George killed the dragon.
>>
>>86405854
they betrayed olenna
>>
File: danyfag.jpg (17KB, 476x338px) Image search: [Google]
danyfag.jpg
17KB, 476x338px
>>86405606
>i don't want to take prisoners because then more of my enemies would surrender
>now i'm going to burn them alive instead of making them prisoners
>>
>>86405958
And Olenna betrayed Cersei.

You realize the houses swear fealty to the queen right?

>>86405606
>I freed slaves
>I'll never put people in chains.
>So that means you die if you dont decide to follow me.
Just the beginning of her twisted logic.
Mad Queen inc.
>>
>>86405606
They should bend the knee and start hatching a plan to murder her as soon as they get the right numbers.
Or fight against her forces in the next battle.
>>
>remember the mad king that used to burn people all the time?
>his daughter is back she's burning people as well
>>
>>86405606
angry ungly military men are not cute, dany is cute, therefore dany did nothing wrong
>>
>>86405854
fucking retard, they've broken the oath to their liegelord olenna tyrell.

and NO, fucking undervassals do not give an oath to the crown, they give it to the lord that gives them land and protects them and that lord ,a crownvassal, gives his oath to the crown.
>>
>>86405997
>Oh wow these people hate me because they see me as a foreign invading -savage- who has a savage army.

>Take them prisoner? What a civilized notion.
>Now burn them.
>totally not savage.
>>
>>86406099
She's okay. 5/10, maybe a 6/10 in some scenes. I wouldn't die for her.
>>
>>86406099
this
people hating fictional characters because they do immoral things need to get a fucking life
>>
>>86406100
He had casus belli to break his oath cuz flowerpowerfags broke thiers. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>86405699

The opposite. The nobility was usually ransomed.

Rebellions were different though. You had to make an example. But in Kelly C's case, she fucked up completely.

>kill captured nobles against the code of conduct of Westeros, antagonizing the entire Westerosi nobility
>incorporate enemy troops into your own army who only surrender because of your fuckoff dragon, and they definitely won't betray or sabotage you

Also, notice how nobody mentioned the burned food. It's not a problem if no one talks about it!
>>
>>86405606
that part was pretty funny
she was like " I did not come here to burn your homes and kill your families, now bend the knee or i will kill you"
>>
>>86405606
Everyone who fought Stannis is a traitor who deserves to burn.
>>
>>86406100

We didn't hear his oath, olenna may have acted in such a way that his oath was no longer valid
>>
>>86405606
>Let's bring some 40000 horse nomads whose culture literally revolves about massacring, raping and pillaging sedentery settlements into a civilized continent
>I'm sure this will not bite me in the ass once I win the war
I fucking hate Dany. Robert was right all along.
>>
>>86406152
but would you bendini?
>>
So is the show actually going to have the balls to do a Dany is insane arc, or do the writers just expect us to YASSSSS her no matter what?
>>
>>86406183
He didn't have shit, Tarlys are vassals of their liege lord, no fucking casus belli can break an oath to your liege lord, that's why it is called an oath. If your lord decides to break his, is none of the vassals fucking concern. You burgers really don't get feudalism.
>>
>>86406319
>but what about orc babies
Bravo Santa.
>>
>>86406245
She only killed who were armed soldiers who fought against her, it doesn't include "families" and " home".
>>
>>86406100
Your bosses boss is your boss, retard.
>>
>>86406416
if they were actually talented, they would frame it so you dont really know who the 'good' people are in the human war, which is the sense i got from the lannister/dothraki battle. it was a massacre of a team that everyone 'doesn't like', but it was still a slaughter, hard to take joy from watching men burn alive without even a chance at reply

but they're hacks, so yeah slay queen slay
>>
>>86406319
To be fair, in the books dothrakis only act like savages when they're riding. They act civilised when they're in cities.
>>
>>86406567

*only killed unarmed prisoners of war

Fixed that for you
>>
>>86406567
She stated unequivocally that taking prisoners would cause too many people to surrender to her?
>>
She's their killer, but she gave them a choice if they would die. What part of that needs defending?
>>
>>86406448
>If your lord decides to break his, is none of the vassals fucking concern.

Holy shit just how fucking retarded are you? Do you even know what casus belli means? It literally means just cause. If a duke above a count decides to rebel against the king and
in doing so betrays the crown to some foreign invader the aforementioned count has a duty to side with the crown and not some traitor. Titles are granted by the crown and it has the authority to grant or revoke both duchies and counties alike. Learn2medievallaw faggot.
>>
>>86406448
The Tarlys are the strongest house in the Reach after Tyrells. Not some tiny vassal. They shouldnt have to blindly follow their liege lords treason. Besides, we dont know the laws of westeros regarding fealty. I would assume all houses swear fealty to the Crown first hand
>>
>>86406823
The part where you forget something.

>"I'm not evil. I free slaves. I'm not here to kill anyone. Now be my slave or I'll kill you"

Fucking Faggot
>>
>>86406416
She'll go slightly overboard and then realise the error of her ways and die as a hero in order to protect the people. They don't have the balls to make her the villain and have her murdered.
>>
>>86406958
A soldier isn't a slave and she has treated people that join her pretty well so far. It's a good deal considering they would all normally be imprisoned or executed.

Take pretend shows about magic less seriously faggot.
>>
>>86406876
>the aforementioned count has a duty to side with the crown and not some traitor.
Which the Tarlys did not do. They fought Stannis. You're trying to defend them as if they're not traitors who deserve death. They played the game of thrones, threw their lot in with who they thought was going to win (not who they knew was the rightful king) and lost. Dany did nothing wrong in executing them, though the execution method was unwise.
>>
>>86405801
within the rules of the realm, Ned was in the right.

Danny girl's judgement wasn't right nor wrong, but just a hard choice to make in a time of war.
>>
>>86406131
>Westeros has been executing people for less for years
>Dany executes her opponents after giving them a choice
>SAVAGE REEEEE

at least be consistent
>>
>>86407077
this is not about the show for me this is about you using made up bullshit to bolster your arguments and acting all sanctimonious about it.
>They fought Stannis
He was a pretender under the Agnatic Cognatic Gavelkind system of inheritance as there was no proof of joffery being a bastard.
Furthermore they have always fought for the crown even during the Aegon rebellion or whatever.
>>
File: 1370827477437.gif (296KB, 490x270px) Image search: [Google]
1370827477437.gif
296KB, 490x270px
>>86405606
>bendini
what is that? is it like fellatio?
>>
>i dont know much about swinging swords
>but plastic hammers, thats another thing
>>
>>86406212
>burns the food but captures army

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>86406630
>They act civilised when they're in cities.
Didn't they fear/avoid cities due to them having big walls and thus being unpillagable? The only cities I remember them visiting (besides their own city) were after they were under Dany's direct command. And that's not going to be nearly enough once her royal responsibilities drag her away from them and they splinter into hundreds of clans. And what of Dany's heirs, how will they keep the nomads under control?

And that's discounting the unsustainability of the nomadic lifestyle in the Seven Kingdoms, and the unsustainability of tens of thousands of fucking horses. Like seriously, knights were so rare in Europe because feeding two or three horses per soldier is impossible unless your country's an endless steppe of tall grass. How are they going to feed them all? After the war, no less, when most of the excess food you'd keep just on case would already have been destroyed or consumed and the crops trampled, the farmlands burnt? But I don't think taxes and orc babies guy would ever have addressed it.
>>
>>86405815
Laughed because it's true.
>>
>>86407274
>there was no proof of joffery being a bastard.
>what is literally 90% of Ned's arc in Season 1
Everyone with half a brain knew he was a bastard.
>>
File: 1363340126738.jpg (136KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1363340126738.jpg
136KB, 698x658px
>>86405606
Jon Snow cut off Janos Slynt's head for not accepting an order right away. Didn't even stop when Janos begged for mercy. But he's BASED KINGINDANORF amirite

Jaime Lannister ruined the Kings Guard forever by putting muh daddy over his holy vows and murdering the Mad King. He also murdered his cousin (completely unnecessary and easily avoidable) and regularly fucks his sister, but he's still BASED /OURGUY/ amirite

/tvpol/ is fucking braindead
>>
>>86407492
>OMG! WHY HE HAS NO BLACK HAIR!
>Proof enough to disinherit a king.
Pick one.

Pick one.
>>
File: OH FUCK GOLDEN HAIR.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
OH FUCK GOLDEN HAIR.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>86407671
Reminder that Ned's autism was literally triggered by Sansa saying that she wanted to have Joffrey's blonde haired babies.
>>
>>86407671
So Joffrey wasn't a bastard?
>>
>>86407897
>Is GRRM a hack
Yes
>>
Why does she wants to be queen so much anyway? Isn't she infertile? What does she expect will happen once she dies and there are no heirs?
>>
>>86408001
>implying Sam won't find a cure for infertility in some dusty book so Jonerys aka Azor Ahai can be born
>>
>>86408001
What was the witches cures? Did she say Dany could have a kid again if a bunch of crazy stuff happened?
>>
>>86405815
accurate.jpg
>>
>>86406057
That's the reason for the Red Terror though. And guess what. It escalates. She'll be purging entire classes soon.
>>
>>86408001
she bleeds again in the books implying she can have children. the witch just fucked her up for a while
>>
>>86407363
this

are they all super happy dropping their lives of sex and plunder to be proffessional guards? stand around? How is she paying these soldiers ? are they all with her"our of love"/"out of fear of being burned"?

plotholes galor. travel time.
It took dani less time to locate the grain convoy where both taley house head and jamie and bron and dickon ALL WERE then it took the lanisters to get from high garden to kings landing.
How the fuck did they get across the entire country without being seen.
It used to take a full fucking season to move an army. now we've had 4 massive battles in the space of4 epsiodes. no doubt as to why
hack writers are hacks.

everything needs to be exciting and they literally do not have the time to be realisitic. sheckles were exchanged and contracts signed. they had to finish. SO they have decided Dani will win cersie is now the big bad evil queen(even though shes not done anything that dani hasn't also done except incest)
and fucking hell to continuity. ships travel at lightning speed. i wouldnt be surprised if next ep cersie is 7 months pregnent..at least then we'd know they are taking massive time jumps rather then just fucking about.

even so. the math and logistics are killing the show more then anything else in my opinion.
>>
>>86405606
You're right, by killing them she let them win
>>
>>86408111
>"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves..."

The sun rising in the West and setting in the East could refer to a number of things- Quentyn Martell (sun & spear are the symbol of house Martell, and he is a "son" who travelled east to Slaver's Bay just to die), maybe Jon Snow, or pretty much any other "son".

Seas going dry could refer to Greyjoys, burning fleets, or most likely Winter?

The mountain line could refer to The Mountain (Ser Gregor) being burnt to ash by a dragon. This, however, would violate Cleganebowl.

Also, pretty sure the show never mentioned the infertility part at all, just that Drogo would never return.
>>
>>86407044
>A soldier isn't a slave
he is when you force him to be soldier or die, retard
>take the show less seriously
leave the thread then
>>
>>86406747
But they're not peasants or Farmers, they're are soldiers. It's fair game, they would've done the same thing to Danny if they got the chance.
>>
>>86406790
They would become prisoners not soldiers that fight for Danny, she needs soldiers that are born in westeros to legitimize her rule and keeping captured cities from rebelling.
>>
>>86405606
>I'm not here to kill anybody.
She killed soldiers, and soldiers are meant to die. She didn't touch civilians.
>Now bendini or I'll kill you
Hmm, yes, let's let my enemies go. They will definitely not go back to Cercei.
>>
>>86408429
That's the basic rule of westeros, tywin Lannister hanged many of his own soldiers in fear that some them had betrayed him.
>>
>>86408433
Medieval armies were mainly composed of levies, not professional soldiers. These men were most likely all peasants and farmers conscripted by their liege lords for a few months of military service.
>>
>>86407274
You play CK2
>>
>>86408340
Mountain could also mean the Wall.
>>
>>86405878
Why does everyone forget that George used a lance to kill a dragon. It's always forgotten.
>>
She had to make an example of these traitors and powerfully. Do you guys not understand her message? It wasn't cruelty it was an act of strength and power.
>>
>>86408562
yeh
>>86408572
guns don't kill people
>>
>>86408549
>Some guy did some crazy bad shit so it's okay if my Kelly C does it
literally retarded
>>
She just wants to get fucked. She keeps saying "bend Dany, band Dany"
>>
>>86408671
>tywin lannister
>some guy
are you retarded or something
>>
>>86408561
and danny also wants them to be soldiers for few months
>>
>Kelly C burns sam's bro and dad
>Jorah finds out
>gets butthurt
>HURR U DONT LOVE ME ANYMORE SER JORAH I THOUGHT YOU WOULD SERVE ME FOREVER
>DRACARYS
>Jorah gets burned
>YASSS QUEEEN
>>
>>86406099
>dany
>cute
>>
It was pretty obvious that D&D know fuck all about war when the Battle of Bastards was released. Expecting GoT characters to make rational decisions about war is laughable.
>>
>>86408946
please explain to me how the fact that it's tywin lannister that makes it okay?
you are dumb and all that you do is make nonsensical points
>>
>>86408340
quentyn didn't die though
>>
>>86405606
Why do armies in GOT never post scouts. How does a massive horde of horsemen land on the coast with no one noticing. Almost as bad as the teleporting knights of the vale.
>>
>>86407656
Janos Slynt was under Jon's command and refused a direct order. It wasn't as if Jon was asking him to join the Night's Watch and killed him for saying no. There's a clear set of rules within the Night's Watch which Janos fully understood and was still insubordinate.

Jaime murdered the Mad King because he was going to burn the entirety of King's Landing to the ground, and is a decision that haunts him constantly due to no-one but him understanding the reason why he did what he did.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.