[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Schumacher Batmans really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Were the Schumacher Batmans really that bad?
>>
>>86400896
Batman Forever was perched precariously on the line of camp, executive meddling pushed Batman and Robin over the edge into full blown retardation.
>>
>>86400896

Batman Forever is my favorite Batman movie

would have been perfect if they removed Robin and toned down the villains a little bit
>>
I'm not really opposed to the idea of a high budget version of an Adam West style comedic Batman movie on a principal level, but right after the Burton movies was pretty much the worst possible moment to do that.
>>
>>86401057
It was far from being as clever and charming as well
>>
>>86400896

They take camp/silly TOO far but they're not unwatchable. Gotham's aesthetic in forever, I think, is excellent
>>
>>86401006

I don't know who's fault it was to have Carrey and fucking TOMMY LEE JONES try to do an imitation of the Joker for their roles. Especially Carrey and his fucking green onesy. Both of them are fantastic dramatic actors if given the right script an direction.
>>
Forever really isn't that bad.
>>
See I take the other opinion. Forever doesn't know if it wants to be camp or dramatic, and fails at both.

Batman and Robin is terrible, but it's also one of the most entertaining films I've ever seen.
>>
>>86401254
Carrey was the riddler you dumbass and tommy was 2face. Idk where u get the joker reference since heath ledger didn't happen yet, but you are a retarded melennial that doesn't understand how time works so ehhh
>>
File: GothCard.jpg (230KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
GothCard.jpg
230KB, 1920x1072px
I wonder what kind of shit Batman buys with his credit card
>>
>>86401254

That's particularly evident in Carey's pre-riddler phase
>>
>>86400896

Forever is decent and actually watchable.

Batman vs Robin is like a parody.
>>
>>86401254
The Riddler worked. Yes, he was more extreme and "like the Joker" but Frank Gorshin's Riddler was also like that. The Riddler can work that way.

Two-Face was terrible though. I guess even then it could have worked if his disfigured side/personality was like the Joker and his other half was a serious guy, but it wasn't even like that.
>>
I do appreciate Uma Thurman's Ivy performance.
>>
File: batman-forever-original-3.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batman-forever-original-3.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>86400896
After watching it not that long ago, I must admit I actually have quite an appreciation for batman forever, and it sits quite nicely where it is as a movie. It's really the only full live-action robin origin story we've got and it's not that bad, also considering the rest of the film. Kino soundtrack by Elliot Goldenthal as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pexxk6tMKLQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBe5vwNkgCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kherbTcwIkU

Batman and robin took it too far though, that was irredeemable.
>>
It was 1995... there was no way Jim Carrey wasn't going to be the Riddler.
>>
>>86400896
I hated them both. they did not take the batman seriously
>>
The mistake was having them come out while BTAS series was playing and showing superior way to write the characters.
>>
>>86401394
This.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 290x174px
>>86401507
I watched it for the first time since it was in theatre's a month ago and competing disagree. Robin was forced into a movie with a:
>Nicole Kidman Val Kilmer romance storyline
>riddler origins
>riddler 2face team up
>Bruce Wayne's psychological issues (actually handled really well)
>Robin and Alicia Silverstone romance
>>86401422
Both villains were awful. People talk about the homoerotic batman ass shots, but two face and riddler were like an obnoxious drunk couple at a party. They were always 3 steps from making out.
>>86401222
They used 90's cgi, Gotham looked awful. Even the sets were absurd and ugly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.