[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ never talk about this literally perfect film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 9

File: LaLaLand_Poster_Stars.jpg (3MB, 2700x4000px) Image search: [Google]
LaLaLand_Poster_Stars.jpg
3MB, 2700x4000px
Why does /tv/ never talk about this literally perfect film?
>>
>>86398738
Could you have picked a worse poster?
>>
no tits, no party
>>
>>86398738
It's shit. And dishonest at that. No more than 2/10 3/10. How can you have a perfect film with utterly ass singing, numbers, dancing and acting plus dishonest directing and screenwriting?
>>
>>86398796
>dishonest
How so?
>>
Are you a girl
>>
>has a shit man voice
>poor dancer
>looks like garbage on screen
I'm having trouble finishing La La Land because of this shit did anyone walk out of theaters over this?
>>
bad film mate, watch les parapluies de cherbourg instead
>>
I bet you loved Glee as well. Faggot.
>>
>>86398796
This
>>86398816
How is it not? Are you fresh off the boat? You liked being cucked? Chazelle obviously has the self awareness to see how saccahrine this endeavor is.
>>
File: 1492291214108.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1492291214108.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>86398738

For real, how white and female are you?
>>
>>86399025
Can you give an actual answer instead of memes?
>>
>>86398835
>>86398994
>>86399055
>ahurr durr women or gay
I bet all of you only watch manly blockbusters with lots of explosions instead of, you know, actual cinema.
>>
I go great lengths to avoid watching movies advertising with critical acclaim on their poster, if most people loved it I probably won't
>>
File: confused.gif (450KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
confused.gif
450KB, 500x338px
>>86399117

That's very feminine.
>>
>>86399093
You've come to the wrong place then, this movie is literally impossible to discuss here because we got spammed with "dishonest" memes about it.
>>
File: matthew-mcconaughey.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
matthew-mcconaughey.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>86399117
...is that a yes
>>
>>86399317
>>86399441
>anime reaction images while calling someone a woman
Now I've seen everything. Fuck this place.
>>
>>86399093
>>86399424
It's not a meme Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional lmao

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that. Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.

2/10 - at least it looked decent
>>
>>86399424
I don't get it. Why would someone put so much time into spamming memes instead of actually explaining their problem with a film? Do they not realize that memes just make people stop paying attention to them after a while?
>>
>>86399469

>anime
>Now I've see everything

>very uninformed
>despite that still self assured

It's like I've seen your pussy.
>>
>>86399607
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/%22lie%20lie%20land%20is%20a%20live%22/
>>
>>86399621
Try again but in English.
>>
>>86399616
Don't try to make sense of it. /tv/ is the most autistic place on the internet. All they do is discuss capeshit and Game of Thrones and anything that wins Oscars they act like it's the worst thing to ever exist simply because critics like it more then their superheros.
>>
>>86399637
You've discovered that things are reposted here? The text is correct.
>>
>>86399668
Lol nigger oscars and capeshit both don't matter. In what world do you think oscars are given by merit?
>>
>>86399668
Which is funny because you also get people shitting on Oscar winning movies and calling people "plebs" for liking them instead of some obscure arthouse film which isn't even that good anyway. It's like, no matter what it is, there's always someone looking for an excuse to hate on it and try to shut down any discussion about it.
>>
>>86399660

>females stick together

But you don't irl, do you?
>>
>>86399683
Reposting is against the global rules of 4chan.
>>
>>86399721
English, please.
>>
>>86399469
So youre upset over a question heh...what mental illness do you have miss
>>
Did you think it had a happy ending, OP? I did, but people I talk to disagree. I thought it was a very satisfying and uplifting way to finish.
>>
>>86398738
It is nice movie.
Shows women very realistically.
As money hungry betraying bitches.
>>
>>86399708
It's just 4chan nature, they literally hate everything no matter what it is, even if they like it they'll shitpost about how horrible it is.
>>
>>86398738
>Why does /tv/ never talk about this literally perfect film?-
because its not.
7/10 at best
>>
>>86399814
It was like Whiplash. It was executed in a way that FELT happy, but when you think about it later, you realize it wasn't happy.
>>
>>86399814
>it had a happy ending
How exactly?
She dumped him, slept with another man, got a child from another man, not returned to him.
And he still loves her.
>>
>>86398738
IT'S WOOL
>>
>>86399924
She's an accomplished actress, which was her dream.

He restored and owns that jazz bar and plays to audiences that love and appreciate his music, which was his dream.

The pair realised that they could either be together, or they could pursue their dreams, and they chased their dreams, and they found love while achieving their dreams. To me, that's the epitome of a happy ending. And when, years later, they meet again, I feel like that montage represented their acceptance of what happened. They lock eyes and understand - and most importantly *accept* - that it never could have happened. Maybe bittersweet might be a better word for it, but I think happy works pretty well too.
>>
>>86399996
Lol what?

>and they found love
He still loves her. Just look at the name of his bar. And hopes she will return.
She saw life they could achieve if they made some things differently, because she regrets her choices and know she made a mistake by marring another man.

In the end, they both broken people. Well, man much more broken.
Nothing happy in that.
>>
>>86399727
Then why is it allowed here?
>>
>>86399996
Yes, they achieved a form of happiness by achieving their goals, but I think the point the film was making was that they might have achieved an even greater happiness if their relationship had gone better. It's a bit ambiguous, what could have been versus what actually was.
>>
>>86400090
It's not. The moderation on this site is just very lazy most of the time. Let's see if it gets deleted.
>>
>>86400100
Well look I've only seen it once, in theatres, so maybe I'm overdue for a rewatch. I know I was left with the impression that they were happy at the end though.
>>
DO I REALLY FUCKING HAVE TO EXPLAIN /TV/ TO YOU?

BEFORE RELEASE: SOME THREADS
WHILE IN CINEMA: NO THREADS SINCE THAT COSTS MONEY
BLURAY RELEASE: LOTS OF THREADS
MONTHS LATER: OBVIOUSLY NO MORE THREADS
>>
>>86398738
Obviously your just trying to bait people by saying the movie is literally perfect, but I did genuinely enjoy it. I basically went in with the mindset that it's essentially a superhero movie but marketed for a feminine audience. So of course it is going to be relatively shallow and brightly colored, but that isn't always a bad thing. Not everything has to be dark and sad. I didn't go in thinking there was going to be some profound message, or that there would be anything of substance besides homages. The movie looked good, the singing was fine, and it had a nice bittersweet ending which is basically all I asked of this movie.
>>
>>86400121
There's a word omitted that makes it different
>>
It is honestly a bad movie, couldn't enjoy it at all.
>>
>girl get rich husband and happy successful life
>guy is stuck living in the same shitty apartment not making any money

Most realistic ending ever
>>
>>86400220
but anon he has shitty jazz bar that could close down anytime
hes happy :)))))
>>
>>86400220
I do not understand why he loved her in the first place.
She was stupid, disliked jazz, drama queen, bad actress.
And he supported her in her every decision.
>>
>>86400170
>WHILE IN CINEMA: NO THREADS SINCE THAT COSTS MONEY
Some people watch camrips, though I personally hate the idea.

And La La Land made a lot of money so I think a lot of people on /tv/ actually went and saw it in theaters.
>>
>>86400288
because thats how most males are dumbass.
we chase after women who don't give a shit about our hobbies
>>
File: aFhY37H.jpg (101KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
aFhY37H.jpg
101KB, 907x718px
>>86399727
[citation needed]
>>
>>86400215
>my opinion is objective
>>
>>86400288
Because you aren't going to find a girl that likes all the geeky old things you do, so you either try to get a girl into it or remain a virgin forever waiting for your perfect geek chick to come along
>>
>>86400308
This, he was interested in her because she's hot.
>>
>>86398738
Because it's like all Best Picture nominees and winners these days, completely forgettable. Every now and then you get something like Whiplash that is memorable, or something like Foxcatcher that doesn't receive any attention, but the Oscars only go to films that nobody but the Oscar voters care about, which means they either go to films jerking off about how great Hollywood and the art industry are (The Artist, Birdman, La La Land, Argo) or about the struggles of blind Jews or gay blacks or whatever.
>>
>>86400365
>so you either try to get a girl into it
And look at the ending.
She leaved him. Created a family with another man, while he still alone.
Was it worth it?
>>
>>86400440
Dude, La La Land made a metric fuckton of money. People went and saw it. Moonlight, yes, nobody went and saw that. You're mostly right, just not about La La Land.
>>
>>86399752

What, are you in your period?
>>
>>86400484
The King's Speech also made a metric fuckton of money, nobody cares about it anymore. Avatar made the biggest fuckton of money of all time and it has had basically zero cultural impact.
>>
>>86400479
yeah but he still fucked her first.
>>
>>86400479
Better to have love and lost blah blah blah. A girl like Emma doesn't come around often.
>>
>>86400535
Are you kidding? I still see "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE KING'S SPEECH" in trailers, posters, etc.
>>
>>86400553
>fucked her first.
She was old woman in hollywood.
He wasn't first. More like 200th.
>>
>>86400501
Try again in English.
>>
>>86400601
Yeah, because otherwise nobody knows who the hell Tom Hooper is, even though he won an Oscar for Best Director. They do that for all movies, they mention a bunch of Nolan's films in the trailers for his next movie, but they don't need to. If they just said "From Director Christopher Nolan", that would be enough to draw in people. If they said "From Director Tom Hooper", people would say "Who the fuck is Tom Hooper?"
>>
>>86400484
>>86400535
>>86400601
>>86400655
Don't even get me started on the 10,000th Hollywood take on World War II, usually with "Did you know the invaluable contributions made by gay black disabled Jews to defeat the Nazis?"
>>
>>86400484
Its completely forgettable and only made money because of jews YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOBIE SO GOOD SO MANY AWARDS 5/5 STARS WOW
Oh fug I guess I better go see La La Land with the girl now :D
>>
>>86400624
he fucked her before the old guy did. pussy is pussy.
he can fine another dumb girl in his bar. if they made a part 2
>>
>>86400753
>he can fine another dumb girl in his bar
He clearly autistic and still loves her.
So most likely he will raise her son in part 2.
>>
>>86400802
he'll get over it in the beginning of part 2. but the end she'll come back and reveal rich guy cheated on her with a younger version. then he takes care of her kid
>>
File: 10ontv-1.jpg (293KB, 392x810px) Image search: [Google]
10ontv-1.jpg
293KB, 392x810px
>>86400600
>a frog like this doesn't come around often
Thank Christ for that
>>
>>86400753
>>86400802
>>86400872
Why the FRICK would there be a part 2 of La La Land?
>>
>>86400731
Did you seriously just use an emoticon on 4chan? -_-
>>
>>86399607
>being talented and ambitious = luck
only on 4chan
>>
>>86401142
It's copypasta. Don't respond to it.
>>
>>86401031
Because they take place in the same universe, after JK Simmons got fired in Whiplash he goes on to be a manager of the shitty restaurant Goose was working at. Part 2 will be Miles Teller vs Ryan Gosling in an epic Jazz duel that will decide the fate of the universe.
>>
>>86401142
<talented
Holy crap you are serious
>>
>>86401031
On Christmas Eve, two years after the Nakatomi Tower Incident, Sebastian is waiting at Washington Dulles International Airport for his wife Mia to arrive from Los Angeles. Reporter Richard Thornburg, who exposed Holly's identity to Hans Gruber in the Nakatomi Tower, is assigned a seat across the aisle from her. In the airport bar, spots two men in Army fatigues carrying a package, one of whom has a gun. He follows them into the baggage area. After a shootout, he kills one of the men while the other escapes. Learning the dead man is a mercenary believed to be killed in action while originally serving with the US military, relates the situation to airport police captain Carmine Lorenzo, but Lorenzo has ejected from his office.

Former U.S. Army Special Forces Colonel William Stuart and other members of his unit establish a base in a church near Dulles. They take over the air traffic control systems, cut off all communication to the planes and seize control of the airport. Their goal is to rescue General Ramon Esperanza, a drug lord and dictator of Val Verde, who is being extradited to the United States to stand trial on drug trafficking charges. They demand a Boeing 747 cargo plane so they can escape to another country with Esperanza in tow, and warn the airport controllers not to try to restore control. realizes his wife is on one of the planes circling above Washington, D.C. with too little fuel to be redirected. He prepares to fight the terrorists, allying himself with a janitor, Marvin, to gain larger access to the airport.
>>
>>86399996

It's ironic that while your view of the ending is realistic, the responses to your this post show a very idealized view of romance (A man pining for woman in his), this ending is a very mature look at the world; sometimes you need to let someone you really care about go as the relationship just isn't right at that point for the two people. It's no ones fault.
>>
>>86401249
Ah, Pianoman vs. Drumman: Dawn of Jazz.
>>
>>86401369
Something important to note about the ending is that the fantasy was entirely from Mia's point of view, not Sebastian's.
>>
>>86398738
Anyone else find it funny that this picture is used in every single poster when it only appears in the movie for half a second?
>>
>It's wool
What didn't he mean by this?
>>
IT'S ANOTHER DAY OF SUN
>>
>>86399607
/thread
>>
>>86403393
>copypasta ending the thread
Uh, no, buddy.
>>
>>86399025
>buzzwords: the post
Get real. You probably act like this irl and have no friends hahaha
>>
>>86399607
>HUR DUR I'm not orginal so I have to copy paste other people opinions the same as mine
Nice copy pasta
>>
>>86403393
>samefag
Hahahaha what a dumbass
>>
>>86398738
Oscar bait; I'd rate it 3/10
>>
>>86399607
This is a completely honest critique tho
>>
>>86399469
>complains about anime
>on chinese cartoon forum
Never gets old
>>
>>86398738
because its literally the gayest thing ever created
>>
>>86403580
Good post
>>
>>86403811
>not a single person noticing that neither of the images are actually anime
This board is weird sometimes.
>>
File: ThinkB4.jpg (97KB, 750x376px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkB4.jpg
97KB, 750x376px
>>86403852
>>
NOT ENOUGH BLACK PEOPLE REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86404007
It literally has John Legend in it, what are people even looking for?
>>
>>86403852
One of the 5 stars on the OP picture is literally from "Gay Times"
>>
>>86404029
>movie about JAZZ
>literally just one black person in it worth noting
Really? Really?
>>
>>86398738
After six years trying at Hollywood, Mia has not been casting couched or drunk roofied at big glass house's parties. So realistic lol
>>
>>86403852
It's true that's why this bear man loving homo board is sucking it off.
>>
>>86404253
It's about jazz in the year 2016. Tell me how many jazz musicians you have even seen in the year 2016.
>>
No one likes musicals.
>>
>>86399607
kek dishonest filmmaking BTFO
>>
>>86404587
Stop samefagging. Please. I am literally begging you to stop.
>>
>>86399607
Plebs absolutely BTFO. OP, take your hollywood garbage to plebbit.
>>
>>86404605
I'm sorry but it isn't me, Damien
>>
>>86398738
>Gay Times
There's no way that's a real review
>>
>>86405088
http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/58184/heres-why-la-la-land-is-the-movie-musical-youve-been-waiting-for/

I personally enjoy reading about Ryan Gosling on GQ, but that's just me.
>>
I watched this in theatres and was so excited to buy it on Blu-ray.

Pop it in a few months later and it was trash.

Was it the hype?
>>
It's either gay faggotry like this or capeshit.
Hollywood can't die soon enough.
>>
>>86398738
the only thing perfect about it was the ending adn the pavlovian response it elicited, everything else leading up to it was garbage.
>>
https://youtu.be/8ZbXTzVTXv4?t=5m46s

>implying you didn't cry during this scene

whatever you say, boyo
>>
I have seen a lot of threads about La La Land but this is the first one I've seen where people keep calling it gay.

What the fuck is going on here? Is it some homophobic samefag? Even the constantly reposted copypasta doesn't call it gay.
>>
>>86406439
Yea the jews got you, you dumbfuck
>>
>>86399607
It's not so much "they were meant for each other" as it is them realizing they could have had a life together instead of separating as they did.

As someone currently in a 6 year relationship(recently engaged) it hit me pretty hard and I cried like a bitch the second the montages started playing.
>>
>>86399607

You still haven't explained how it's dishonest
>>
>>86400501
>in your period
>>
>>86398738
Dishonest
>>
>>86407437
Look at the script it's not one word of honesty.
>>
It's not videogame pandering like whiplash was so /v/ crossies and those that share their mindset don't like it
>>
>>86407320
I've never had a relationship and I am a virgin and I still almost cried because the music was so touching.
>>
>>86407829
>Whiplash
>videogame

....What? Do you have a hat that you pick random buzzwords out of?
>>
>>86407437
Don't bother. These people have no intention of expressing actual opinions. It's always like this: "It's dishonest." "Why is it dishonest?" "Because it is." "But why?" "Because it's dishonest." Unless you want to tear your hear out, just ignore them.
>>
File: Mamma-Mia-The-Movie-Gallery-15.jpg (326KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mamma-Mia-The-Movie-Gallery-15.jpg
326KB, 800x445px
You like this too right OP?
>>
>>86408557
>brosnan
>streep
>firth
>abba
what's not to like?
>>
>>86408557
>based Pierce
Never seen it but it can't be that bad.
>>
Huh.
>>
1. that's not a film
2. /tv/ doesn't talk about films anymore, we talk about GoT
>>
>>86411341
What is it? A kino?
>>
You know what isn't honest? People who call this masterpiece dishonest.
>>
>>86411987
You couldn't be more dishonest tbqhwyf
>>
>>86412105
>IP count didn't go up
Dishonest poster detected.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.