[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't Americans like funny talk show hosts like Conan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why don't Americans like funny talk show hosts like Conan?
>>
Conan hasn't been funny since around 2006 and his current show is on a cable network unlike most of the names in this list so you can't just compare the numbers straight-up.
>>
>>86397969
>Conan hasn't been funny since around 2006
Liar
>>
>>86397947
Americans too stupid to comprehend news without silly jokes or spoon-feeding.
>>
That Samantha Bee rise is fucking disgusting.
>>
You have to be legitimately retarded to find talk shows funny. I have watched all of these at least once, and it's the same uncharismatic man recycling the same thing over and over and over. The fake laugh tracks while the host smugly smiles at his own jokes are the worst. There is something off about these shows, and now that I think about it I believe its because they are hollywood brainwashing machines
>>
>Real Time with Bill Maher
Why? How?
>>
>>86398257
Controversy, probably.
He's pretty controversial to begin with for a liberal, but then there was the Milo interview. Then the "House nigger" joke.
>>
>>86398000
>>86397969
>le so randium carrothead humor hasnt been funy since 2006
try ever
>>
Conan sucks but I thought he would be at the top. Late night talk is dead though so it doesn't matter. They've been replaced by youtube personalities.
>>
>>86397947
Aren't they canning Conan as a talk show and making it a weekly remote based setup?
>>
>>86398569
Good. His remotes are the best
>>
>>86398319
We already had a good Conan thread a few days ago but I guess I'll repeat some of it.

Conan's fans weren't there for the dumb randumb humor. At least not all. What made him so popular were well written sketches and bits.
>In the year 2000
>New coins/stamps
>Celebrity survey
>Pierre Bernard's recliner of rage
>Triumph the insult comic dog
>Hollywood secrets
>SAT analogies
None of these relied on randumb humor. They were well written comedy bits with good comedic delivery.

I agree the nipple rub, string dance, hair twirl, masturbating bear shit wasn't funny but it was completely bearable to get to the good parts. And Conan was a good interviewer because the shtick was that he was a loser and it was ok to insult him. Not edgy humor but just playful ball busting. The contrast between young actors nervous as hell to be on a talk show and the more experienced guys just ripping on Conan every chance they get. It made for good television.
>>
File: 1490187115849.jpg (20KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1490187115849.jpg
20KB, 255x247px
>The Golden age of talk show hosts treating their audience with respect is long gone
>>
>>86397947
Hot damn, it's no wonder they talk about Trump beyond what you'd expect. Look at how the political ones skyrocketed.
>>
Who the fuck watches talk shows anymore? I can understand old people watching them back in the day but why would anyone subject themselves to that shit today
>>
>>86398734
late night hosts are so thirsty to go viral, they are glorified youtubers
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.