[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 45

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
Now that the dust has settled... was it kino?
>>
>>86390005
MoS was kino. This is just crap.
>>
>>86390005
too much crammed into one movie for it to be kino, but it was the best possible result given the circumstances

here's a recap
it's MoS2
it's The Batman 2 or 3 (it's THAT medias res)
it's Wonderwoman 3
and it's a Justice League prequel

like dude, seriously
>>
>>86390024
delete this
>>
>>86390005
No, it was shit like everything Zack Snyder has made.
>>
>>86390005
No, you can ask again tomorrow.
>>
>>86390005

It was a beautiful failure.
>>
Due to overuse, the term "kino" just means "movie."

So, yes, it was a movie.
>>
>>86390005
entertaining at best
>>
>>86390005
Yes, everyone hates it because they don't understand it and makes them feel stupid.
>>
>>86390079
yeah honestly they tried to cram in too much shit
>>
File: IMG_0701.jpg (317KB, 645x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0701.jpg
317KB, 645x2208px
>>86390005
It was. I'm new at making images, but enjoy fellow DChads.
>>
File: IMG_0708.jpg (477KB, 1625x2366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.jpg
477KB, 1625x2366px
>>86390223
>>
It's leaps and bounds ahead of everything else in its genre but compared to actual cinema? Eh...
>>
>>86390024
>>86390079
>>86390097
>>86390114
redditors. /tv/ is a DC and Zack Snyder stronghold
>>
File: Screenshot_20170729060752.jpg (1MB, 1419x1793px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170729060752.jpg
1MB, 1419x1793px
>>86390005
Yes.
>>
File: Best part of BvS.gif (1MB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Best part of BvS.gif
1MB, 600x250px
Coming from someone who defended MoS to no end, no. It was okay but super messy.
>>
>>86390836
What does that even mean? Go have your brand wars back at /r/dc_cinematic, you retarded faggot.
>>
>>86390223
>>86390262
Why are mental patients so obsessed with this movie?
>>
File: 983252.jpg (84KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
983252.jpg
84KB, 600x402px
>>86390005
Pure kino
>>
>>86391056
You know, there's a certain three-syllable word that springs to mind.
>>
>>86391386
marketers?
>>
>>86391449
That or autism.

Pretty sure you're right though.
>>
>>86391449
Wow, you're really worldly and cynical. What's it like being 24?
>>
Martha.
>>
>>86391056
Legit question, for you:

If you genuinely think all the details the fans point out is just autism, the signs of some form of mental illness, or just marketers still talking about a movie that's been out for a year and a half, why are you even here?

You could at least point out why you think it's inaccurate, but we both know why you don't. The only way you really can is to call it coincidence, and frankly, that makes *you* look either crazy or just eternally butthurt.
>>
>>86391922
Its pretty autistic to mine shit for corn and then insist everyone be perfectly fine with eating it.
>>
>>86392044
Just because you stick corncobs up your ass doesn't mean the rest of us do.
>>
File: snyder.jpg (150KB, 1035x690px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
150KB, 1035x690px
>>86390005
Let me use your fake thread to ask a real question that's never asked and comes from genuine curiosity: What if Zack Snyder was black?
>>
>>86391056
They have nothing else,
You can tell by the obama phone poster
>>
File: C54krkQXQAEZQv6.jpg (41KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C54krkQXQAEZQv6.jpg
41KB, 675x1200px
>>86392295
Why don't you share first? cause i don't know what the fuck you are really asking
>>
>>86392295
He would be hailed as the next Kubrick.
>>
>>>/co/cksucking
>>>/loo/
>>
>>86390005
every. goddamned. day. laziest meme that's hit this board, somehow worse than trump
>>
File: IMG_0711.jpg (136KB, 636x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
136KB, 636x682px
>>86390262
>>
>>86392412
Fucking this.
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (44KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
44KB, 480x384px
>itt: DChads drop pearls before swine, then sit back and laugh at the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>86391014
it means /tv/ loves DC and Zack Snyder. the real /tv/ not you redditor invaders
>>
I unironically love the DCEU, BvS most of all, followed by MoS, and can't wait for JL. I can't be be fucked with all the company war shit, but lest anyone thing just because they have the loudest voice they are the only opinion, that's how i feel.
>>
File: LEST THEY FORGET.jpg (66KB, 460x683px) Image search: [Google]
LEST THEY FORGET.jpg
66KB, 460x683px
>>86390005
yep
>>
>>86390005
No, it was shit & it's still shit. Nothing has changed
>>
>>86390005
Best capekino.
>>
Martha
>>
>>86390223
This ties back into something else going on thematically in the film. All three principal characters, Clark, Bruce, and Lex, are each not facing truths about themselves.
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (130KB, 2048x978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
130KB, 2048x978px
>>86403027
Bruce provides a good many rationalizations for his "war," things like the potential threat the Superman represents, that this is his chance to do something important, a legacy he'll leave behind, but the truth is much simpler:

>"You know, my father once sat me down right here. Told me what Wayne Manor was built on....First generation made their fortune trading with the French. Pelts, skins... they were hunters."

It's not a war. It's a hunt, and the man he's hunting this time is on the side of the angels. Unconsciously, he knows this. It's the message of his dream - by turning his back on the truth, he's allowing his obsession to consume him, so Bruce makes his plans, lays his traps, prepares his hunting ground, but he subtly sabotages himself along the way, all the way back to his chosen weapon.

Bruce is shown being unable to kill an opponent who's at his mercy. Even at his worst, at his most obsessed, he only allows him to kill in self-defense, only in ways that allow him to distance himself from the act, so by crafting a kryptonite spear, and by leaving it behind at a killing ground, the trap he's actually laying is for himself. He's not only chosen a weapon that absolutely demands he do the deed up close and personal, but also by choosing not to enter the battle with it already in hand, he's setting up the conditions under which he intends to use it - when his "enemy" is helpless. So when the opportunity finally does present itself, he predictably balks. He finds a reason to stop himself from moving beyond being a vigilante who can kill and succumbing to the monster capable of murder.

Of course he heard his father's dying utterance on the lips of his helpless prey. There was no way he wasn't going to. It is in that moment Bruce faces his truth - that he's been allowing his obsession to rule him.
>>
>>86404025
doesn't change the fact all the rationalizations are weak and there isn't much in the way of solid reasoning for just about anything in the movie
>>
>>86404313
Whose rationalizations? Bruce's? That's sort of the point.
>>
>>86390005
it was alright
>>
>>86404518
>all the rationalizations
>what rationalizations?

Really digging the level of reading comprehension on display.

None of the characters in the movie had anything resembling strong reasoning for their actions. Everyone seemed to simply act as necessary for the extremely weak plot to unfold.
>>
I honestly belive that MoS and BvS are the greatest achivements of cinema history, the story is flawless, the dialogue is perfect, every shot could be used as a poster and every night when i go to sleep i masturbate to the scene of Luthor saying DING DING DING DING.
Snyder is truly the greatest kino maker of our time.
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (118KB, 2048x982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
118KB, 2048x982px
>>86404025
Clark is lying to himself as well - pretending he doesn't care what people are saying about him, but repeatedly over the course of the film, we see that quite the opposite is true. He does care, but he's afraid of what he's hearing, and of what he might hear. He's still carrying the guilt from the loss of life he holds himself responsible for, even the life he had to take.

>"All this time I've been living my life the way my father saw it. Righting wrongs for a ghost, thinking I'm here to do good. Superman was never real. Just the dream of a farmer from Kansas."

While he undoubtably holds himself responsible for his failure to prevent his father's death, that's far from the biggest or even the most recent ghost that haunts him. There's an entire wall full of them at his monument. The fact that the people of Metropolis chose to put that memorial there speaks volumes as to what they, along with the vast majority of people, think about him. They see it as a monument to those who lost their lives alongside the man who saved the rest. That's very much not the way that Clark sees things, though, so in a world panicking over the implications of his existence, he's overachieving, playing helicopter boyfriend not just to Lois, but to the whole world, righting wrongs motivated out of guilt, not a sense of true heroism, trying to make things right for the ghosts he carries.

Clark doubts himself and fears that he can never know whether his action or his inaction will ensure the best outcome, and that's precisely what his father is speaking to on the mountaintop. It's about facing the consequences of your decisions, good or bad, making peace with them, and learning to live with them.

Clark begins facing this truth just by choosing to attend the Senate hearings, but doesn't face it fully until he confronts the reanimated corpse of Zod, the biggest of his ghosts.
>>
>>86404646
Should I point out the irony of your misquoting the guy you're accusing if having poor reading comprehension?
>>
>>86390005
It was the best capeshit of recent times which isn't saying much
>>
>>86390005
I rewatched it last night on my home projector. Its kino as fuck. I couldnt care less about so called plotholes and other numale criticism.

Should batman kill? I dont give a fuck! Im not reading comics!
But in Suicide Squad the Joker is...blablabla. I dont care! I watched BvS and we are judging bvs!

Film is a visual medium and god fuck this film is visual. Larry Fong outdid himself with the cinematography. Zimmer's ost is the best he did in years, elevating the film to practically an opera complementing perfectly the visuals.

Then we have the non standard narrative (which is what really made people hate the movie). The film chooses a different narrative structure, and people got lost since its not what they expect from a blockbuster. It goes in a pingpong like match between those completely different narratives. Superman and Batman storylines are separated pillars until way between 2/3 of the movie where they clash. It goes in a pingpong like match between those completely different narratives. Its as experimental as a major blockbuster allows it, and even a bit further.

There are several good capeshits (sm2, blade, x2) but frankly BvS along with Ang Lee's Hulk are the only ones with a vision behind them strong enough to be called Kino
>>
>>86405687
>superman
>dream of a farmer from kansas

I unironically love this line because it completely forgets how pa kent did everything he could to ensure clark remained weak and afraid every moment of his life.

It was jor-el who told kal-el he could be superman.
>>
>>86405909
Pa Kent was lying in MoS you fucktard.

He told Clark to protect himself at all costs even if it means not helping the people in need. But he said that not because he believed in it, but because he wanted Clark to be safe at all costs.

He talked about how maybe he shouldnt help anyone, how maybe he should care only about himself. Thats what he SAID. But when the moment came, he followed nothing of what he said. He gave his life for something as small and irrelevant as a dog. All his objectivist charade thrown through the window just to save the dog of the family.

And with it, he gave Clark the biggest lesson and what ends molding him into the Superman
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (488KB, 1527x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
488KB, 1527x1367px
>>86405909
Nope. Pa Kent saw Clark's potential, but also saw the importance of raising him as close as possible to how you'd raise any other kid. That's why Clark's already a young teen before he even starts telling him about his origins.

You want a Superman predisposed to a God complex? There's no way finer than to spend his whole childhood harping on how important, special, and different he is. You focus on that instead of his character and you've got the perfect recipe for a monster.
>>
>>86391922

The legit reason is nobody thinks or is retarded enough to believe symbolisms or references count as good visual storytelling.

Even most fanboys never noticed them in the beginning and only after it's posted on forums but whenever someone asks what makes the movie great they resort to these. How can someone say from fucking day one that the movie is great even though they never saw these symbolisms when they first saw the movie ?
>>
>>86406248
We've been pointing most of this shit out since the month of its release. We've just added more and more to it over time.
>>
>>86390005
Yes it fucking was. The only problem I had with it was it crammed too many things into one movie, a problem that I also have with MoS and WW. If you watch it once, you're going to be burnt out by the end of it. But it's great that you get to appreciate more and more of the movie once you get more time to focus on the details. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Even my professor got so excited that he called me just to check if I also saw the Excalibur references in the final act of the movie, which I honestly didn't know about until he made me read the related literature.
>>
>>86406118

This is the biggest load of crap I've read here. What kind of moronic father literally sacrifices himself to teach a simple life lesson?
>>
>>86406248
>good visual storytelling
Let's not pretend you actually know what this is. At least the fans are showing examples of symbolism, not throwing around meaningless vague shit to justify being brainlets and having the attention span of a goldfish
>>
>>86406304

Yeah no the only thing you've did during the first few weeks of release was go through the three stages of grief. Most of this shit came from r/DC_Cinematic. Many morons literally copy pasted shit from there.
>>
>>86406343
It wasn't a single lesson. It was the culmination of all of them.

Question for you: in the same situation, what would you have done if you were the son? What about if you were the father?
>>
>>86406418
Bullshit. I wrote a lot of them myself.
>>
>>86406418
>first few weeks of release was just endless shitposting, just like every other week when a capeshit film gets released
>when fanboy shitposting dies down, everyone gets to the discussion
Why do you have to lie?
>>
>>86406418
>a bunch of people watching the same movie got to the same conclusions.
No shit, dumbass. Is reddit your boogeyman?
>>
>>86406383

Sure, Sure DC pajeet. The fact that you think these symbolisms are visual storytelling tells how much of a retard you're. It's funny though as Snyder movies are chock full of exposition(which are worse than Nolan's) but because he does symbolisms people immediately forget that. He is a mediocre filmmaker at best.
>>
>>86406418
>go through three stages of grief
Marvelcucks really are the worst. Fighting for the honor of a company who literally wants to take money from you
>>
>>86406578
Whatever you say brainlet. I'm not the retard throwing around the words "visual storytelling" like a dumbass casually using the word "science"
>>
>>86406459
>>86406487
>>86406495

Well well looks like we have some DC_Cinematic regulars here.
>>
>>86406656

Stay eternally assblasted DC pajeet
>>
>>86406578
>these symbolisms
>how much of a retard you're.
>he does symbolisms

I think I'd refrain from calling out anyone as a "pajeet" when English so clearly isn't your first language. At least I pray it isn't, for the alternative is to weep for the state of the education system.
>>
>>86406343
He didnt do it to teach a lesson. He did it because thats what he was. A guy that helps people in need.

He said he shouldnt but at the end he did it. His hearth forces him to do whats right, even if its not the most beneficial option.

What he said was bullshit to protect Clark. What he did, its what he really was. And what makes Clark help people in BvS even if everyone shits on him.
>>
>>86406762
I guarantee you're on reddit more than I am. Know how I'm so sure? Because if it takes more than one hand to count your visits, I've got you beat.
>>
>>86406219
Whatever you tell an invulnerable god-child is what will remain locked in that invulnerable god-child's mind forever. Because the vast majority of human development occurs as a result of human frailty and failings. Whereas the invulnerable god-child will never fail and will never experience, first hand, human frailty.

So by raising clark to protect himself at all costs, pa kent was raising clark to be weak and afraid.
>>
>>86406797

It isn't actually but I didn't realize you had to be a native English speaker to call out DC pajeets.
>>
>>86406762
I work at my local library, and one of the conditions for me being able to take out books from the '80s without permission was to help an acquaintance as an assistant film professor. It's hilarious how people like you default to reddit as if that constitutes as an actual argument.
>>
>>86406791
>literally "u mad bro?"
LMAOing at you right now, brainlet
>>
>>86406891
You don't have to be a native English speaker to consistently fail like that though. Maybe you're just retarded. Or can't type properly through the tears.
>>
>>86406886
He's not invulnerable, though. He still experiences sensory as well as emotional pain.
>>
>>86406899
I love these little made-up "such americana" stories the poo-shills make.

I really liked that one about the retired mechanic.
>>
>>86406991
Being invulnerable and feeling pain aren't mutually exclusive
>>
>>86407002
>a butthurt anon is calling me a poo without actually knowing what my nationality is
I'll bet you miss /pol/'s flag system, huh? Thanks for making me smile anon
>>
>>86407115
Or its just funny to imagine indians trying to come up with the most american stories they can in order to pass as real people on the internet

everyone knows all praise for the DCEU is marketing. No one really cares where its coming from.
>>
File: 1502295626071.jpg (101KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1502295626071.jpg
101KB, 368x475px
>>86406578
>>86406791
>>86406891
>>86407002
>>86407185
>>
>>86407185
Well look at it this way anon. Either a street-shitter actually rekt you because your argument was shit, or you actually lost an argument AND making yourself look more retarded by calling someone "pajeet" over and over.
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (367KB, 2019x1435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
367KB, 2019x1435px
>>86407002
Post a time-stamped pic if you're so confident of everyone's ethnicity, fuckstick.

Here's mine. I hate this race-baiting bullshit. It smacks of either a backwards culture, or the very worst parts of my own.
>>
>>86407002
The only shitting I did was on your head.
>>
>>86406938

Oh I am sure you're laughing right now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 480x246px
No it's plebeian trash, calle
>>
>>86407275
I'm not sure what you're talking about. As the thread has degenerated into insisting there are no marketers here, no sir, because that's easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU.
>>
>>86407321
Yes. And just like BvS, I'm sure it gets better as I read the thread again to see a fanboy get so utterly rekt.
>>
>>86407297
You should return that arm to the morgue. It looks like it smells.
>>
>>86407297

We need to see your face to be sure. You could be a north Indian pajeet.
>>
>>86407376
>thread has degenerated into insisting there are no marketers here
>it's actually just a Marvelcuck who's mad because no one is sucking the dick of his braindead movies
Nice try anon
>>
>>86407376
Yeah, that's what happens when ass-blasted faggots can't refute any of the things fans keep pointing out. Shit, that we're still finding more instances of nearly a year and a half since release.

That's what chickenshit brainlets do - deflect.
>>
>>86390005
This is one of the top threads of /tv/ literaly a shit movie that's a superhero movie. God damn no wonder the state of /tv/ can you just shut the fuck up about capeshit. No you can't because you are all fags.
>>
>>86407439
>>86407450

Still waiting on those time-stamped pics, faggots.
>>
>>86407399

Getting this mad over daddy Snyder holy kek.I think this is good example of why one shouldn't put their self worth in a movie or a brand.
>>
>>86407495
Yes let's have another /got/ thread plus the general. Faggot
>>
>>86407481
Everything has been refuted though. There is no actual content in the DCEU, just a lot of random imagery that can be forced to mean whatever you want.

Because, as the movie directly states, the world (DCEU) only makes sense if you force it to.
>>
>>86407542
Same exact reddit shit my friend you all have shit taste yet act tough
>>
>>86407528
But I'm talking about the movie, anon. Why are you projecting your idiotic brand loyalty on someone else?
>>
>>86407546
>everything has been refuted
>N-n-no guyz, you just copy pasted that from somewhere else
>stop posting examples you guyz! It's not true because I said so!
The sorry state of the fanboy
>>
File: 1496272103271.jpg (70KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496272103271.jpg
70KB, 833x1000px
This thread sucks don't waste your time
>>
>>86407659
My argument is backed up by a direct quote from the movie, in it's proper context.

Feel free to attempt to refute it.
>>
>>86407546
The World only makes sense if you force it to.

We've backed up our arguments. You literally can't, because your argument is just the absence of one. It's like looking at a Renaissance painting and insisting that all the individual brushtrokes just happened to form a picture. You can absolutely insist that's the case, that it's all just random chance and confirmation bias, but that doesn't make you right, and it certainly doesn't make you look like anything but a retard.
>>
>>86407742
see >>86407740
>>
>>86390005
No it wasn't. It was shit.
>>
File: IMG_0432.jpg (4MB, 2580x2930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
4MB, 2580x2930px
>>86407779
By taking that stance, the worst you're accusing BvS of being is art. You sure that's the route you want to take?

Look at these meaningless brushstrokes. No context, no reason whatsoever for me to find it suggestive of anything. It's just a collection of pretty images.
>>
>>86404313
There is nothing more autistic than expecting characters in a movie to always act logically and rationally. Muh reasoning - guess what, Bruce was being unreasonable that's the point of the fucking movie.

Arrogance, insecurity, fear and outright stupidity are all real. To want to remove that from film narrative is to want to rob stories of humanity. If they made a movie about Elliot Rodgers or that guy who drove through those people in Virginia, would you complain that the guy's "motives" weren't logically sound too?
>>
>>86408230
That's a damn good point.
>>
>>86408230
Those movies would not be about batman or superhumans.
>>
>>86408230

As much as dislike the movie anon the reasons for each characters behavior is for the most part explained.

The presentation of it is quite frankly horrendous.
>>
>>86408420

Meant for>>86408222
>>
I didn't see the original version, only the extended and I thought it was really good. It certainly doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. The dumb CGI monster ruined the ending for me though.
>>
>>86408222
By definition, literally everything made by human hands is art. The term has no meaning.

The works you're desperately attempting to compare bvs to start with a solid foundation and then support deeper interpretation.

The foundation of bvs is "lex no liek superman and is responsible for literally everything." From there you have "batman is a gigantic retard" and "superman feel sad inside :(." The only legitimately meaningful line in bvs is, as quoted earlier, the world only makes sense if you force it to. And that's what these threads are about. People attempting to force the jackson pollack style collage of comic panels that is the DCEU to mean something.
>>
>>86405909
Jonathan Kent:
>You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be... whoever he is, good character or bad, he's going to change the world.

>You're not just anyone, Clark, and I have to believe that you're—that you're sent here for a reason. All these changes you're going through, one day—one day, you're goin'a think of them as a blessing, and when that day comes, you're goin'a have to make a choice: a choice of whether to stand proud in front of the human race or not.

He knew his son would one day "stand proud" but as a parent he wanted him to wait. That's it, I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand.

He understood that if Clark went public his life would change, and BvS is proof of that. People went after him, after his loved ones, the government and media placed him under a lot of pressure. Jon Kent would've preferred that his son face that at age 33 than at age 13, because he deserved a normal peaceful upbringing and to not be burdened with saving the world while still learning what the world is. He died to keep his son safe, he knew his son could save him, but he believed the secret was more important than his own life. That's love.
>>
>>86408479

The theatrical version that most people saw was a mess. It didn't have the brisk pace of most good CBM and the story and the performances weren't interesting enough for it to be a good slow burn movie.
>>
>>86408479
It was just as garbage as the extended version which mind you these low cineIQ plebs claimed was "capekino" until their DLC version came out
>>
>>86408547
It has to do with how you're ignoring anything pa kent did/said that didn't support your "he was a good parent" thesis.

All his actions taken together, at best, paints him as erratic.
>>
>>86392295

Armond would hate him.
>>
>>86408531
>The foundation of bvs is "lex no liek superman and is responsible for literally everything." From there you have "batman is a gigantic retard" and "superman feel sad inside :(."
You can oversimplify anything you idiot. And you can't even do it properly for this film. It's funny how BvS seems to be making you spaz out like a retard.
>>
>Marvelcucks getting all insecure when the Chad of capeshit gets mentioned.
It truly is kino
>>
>>86408660
There is no oversimplification involved. Lex luthor is literally responsible for every single thing that happened in bvs. He does it all because he doesn't like superman.

That's the entire plot of bvs.
>>
>>86406248
It's not the symbolism you fucking idiot, it's what the symbols represent. That is what symbols are. Yes the screenshot in the movie looks like another picture from somewhere else, but it is the connection itself that the story is built on. The visuals (along with the dialogue and highly allegorical plot) tell a narrative about identity, corruption, lies, worship, moral relativism, and more. It is a capsule of American society in 2016, a time in which the fate of the common man is in the hands of an opportunistic corporate media and eccentric billionaires who lobby our crumbling government institutions. BvS is like the Taxi Driver of its time, except it communicates its message through the defining entertainment vehicle of its time: the epic superhero movie. In doing this, Snyder delivers a work of Post-modern art in which the classic and modern collide, and all the anxieties that people use superhero flicks to escape from spill over onto the screen asking them to confront their deepest fears and desires. It's a shame that so many are too weak to look deeper into this film, as it really rewards those who take the effort to do so.
>>
>>86408230
As a fellow DChad, I don't think it needs to be said that Snyder pushes a lot of people's buttons, but I'm curious about this:

Do you think maybe at least some of the rabid, borderline fanatical hatred Snyder gets stems from some sort of "Antifa" mentality? I mean, I know he's not fascist, probably no more than partially Objectivist in his politics and philosophy, but holy shit are there are a lot of people who accuse him of both, and they tend to be the same crowd who staunchly refuse to afford the opposing arguments from his fans the slightest degree of consideration.

I've never encountered a crowd less interested in actual discussion.
>>
>>86408925
as has been proven by these threads, you can derive whatever meaning you want from the symbolism in the DCEU. Because the DCEU no inherent meaning and no narrative structure was intended.

The stories so far have been so thin and perfunctory that the mind screams out there needs to be something deeper there. But there isn't. Its just a legitimate retard copying cool looking comic panels without any sort of plan.
>>
>>86408613
Yeah, for a reason. See >>86406219. Notice how the flashbacks aren't in chronological order and see if that suggests anything. It's instances chosen to evoke emotions that mirror developmental milestones. The only one that's missing from that analysis is the earliest one where his mom has to come to school because he's freaking out. It even fits the pattern, as it presents her as the idealized nurturing parent.
>>
File: KMyKRSV.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
KMyKRSV.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>86408925
>BvS is like the Taxi Driver of its time, except it >communicates its message through the defining >entertainment vehicle of its time: the epic >superhero movie. In doing this, Snyder delivers a >work of Post-modern art in which the classic and >modern collide, and all the anxieties that people >use superhero flicks to escape from spill over >onto the screen asking them to confront their >deepest fears and desires. It's a shame that so >many are too weak to look deeper into this film, as >it really rewards those who take the effort to do so.
>>
>>86408933
Might have something to do with how he just mindlessly wipes his ass with works far superior to anything he'll ever create, and gets praised for the quality of the parts that have the least amount of his shit on them.

For instance, literally everything good about the watchmen movie was directly copied from the comic. Then the bits snyder had to come up with on his own were abjectly horrible. But people ignore that, and just attribute all the quality to snyder.
>>
>>86409113
>i'm ignoring half of what a character did for an emotional reason

... that's really swell
>>
File: IMG_0638.jpg (217KB, 923x1219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
217KB, 923x1219px
>>86409063
>meaningless, perfunctory imagery

You know, if you were talking about empty symbolism in "Superman Returns," literally no one would disagree with you, but how many discussions have you seen about it? Ever?

There's a reason these threads continue getting made, and insisting it's just marketing makes you look about equal parts ass-blasted and imbecilic.

Go ahead. Work up an interpretation of what's in "Superman Returns" and try to get it off the ground. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>86409379
>ctrl+f
>meaningless, perfunctory imagery
>(you)

You're conflating a number of concepts in order to serve a narrative that any deeper meaning you've forced into bvs was intentional and not just the result of aggressive naval gazing.
>>
File: 1501219243393.jpg (185KB, 1155x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501219243393.jpg
185KB, 1155x1080px
>>
>>86409239
Christ, you're a retard.

You're the one who ignores shit, treats it like it's unrelated and not part of a continuum. If someone videoed the moment you realized your parents weren't the infallible voices of wisdom and authority you took them to be as a child, would it invalidate everything else they ever said and did?

In your mind, apparently, it does.
>>
>>86409510

Is he being ironic?
>>
>>86409379
>there's a reason these threads get made but if you say the correct reason U MAD!!

>inb4 umad

These threads have been, for four years now, two to three individuals claiming there is deeper meaning in every aspect of the movie and people saying "no, you're wrong."

You can do that with literally any movie. Just ignore all refutations and restate the original assertion until people get bored of pointing out the flaws in the assertion.
>>
>>86409550
So I'm ignoring things (and a retard) because I'm not ignoring half of what pa kent said.

That's nice.
>>
>>86406459
It's telling how no one took this up.
>>
>>86409658
no need. literally every other superman origin has a better pa kent.
>>
>>86409654
No, you're a retard for not being able to see how they're not contradictory. Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired as well.
>>
File: 1459947241642.png (117KB, 454x591px) Image search: [Google]
1459947241642.png
117KB, 454x591px
>>86409588
probably not
>>
>>86409723
>you can be great son
>now remember to let children die to stay safe

>you're a good son

Yep, nothing inherently contradictory here.
>>
>>86409691
Funny. That's not what I asked.
>>
>>86409588
Irony requires higher functioning.

Does that individual look as if he possesses higher function?
>>
>>86409771
You're going to make a great father.
>>
>>86409775
You may as well have.
>>
>>86409839
We all know you're dodging the question, chickenshit.
>>
>>86390125
Get out
>>
>>86409878
>ask question that is answered already
>accuse cowardice when answers aren't copy/pasted

you're just seeking attention, aren't you
>>
>>86409900
Was a movie/kino.
>>
>>86409495
And you're looking at an orchard and insisting it's just a forest.
>>
>>86396218
>if you are a casual, its a pretty nice movie
yeah, who doesnt love a 1 and a half hour mess of a build up to a 10 min BvS fight that was not even the final fight of the movie

6/10 at best
>>
If I sent Zack Snyder my copy, will he send it back signed up?
>>
>>86410022
You're confusing production values for artistic value.
>>
>>86409754
>>86409799

Well I am an Indian as well, so not completely lost.
>>
>>86409943
What's your answer then? You've already spent more time alluding to it than it probably took you to answer it in the first place.
>>
>>86409754
I can't decide whetever is this creepy or wholesome.
>>
>>86410132
My answer is "read any of the other superman origins for better examples of "how to raise a god to not be a dick.""
>>
>>86410083
Are worship, religion, and false gods a recurring motif in these films or aren't they?
>>
>>86410187
Who gives a shit? Those themes don't serve any function within the narrative.
>>
>>86410160
And that's a cowardly hand-wave. I asked what you'd have done in that situation, from either side, and you are steadfastly refusing to answer it.

We both know why.
>>
>>86410221
They. Are. The narrative, you inconceivable fuckwit.
>>
>>86410273
Wrong. The narrative is "lex does literally everything for no good reason."
>>
>>86390005
I don't care enough about this movie to muster the energy to write down why I dont like it

its miles away of being kino
>>
>>86390836
This isn't your hugbox, retard.
>>
>>86410230
>I asked what you'd have done in that situation

And I responded with a lexicon of examples.

Are you not satisfied with this response because you can't just call every other superman origin stupid?
>>
File: Doomsday snap-zoom.webm (2MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday snap-zoom.webm
2MB, 1916x796px
*breathes in*
>>
File: Synder.jpg (229KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Synder.jpg
229KB, 1180x1180px
>>86410384
fucking hell
>>
>>86410097

Are you a Snyder fanboy? Is your censor board worse than ours?
>>
>>86410384

A master visuals ain't he folks?
>>
>>86410384
AHAHAHAH
>>
File: BvS new videogame.webm (3MB, 940x390px) Image search: [Google]
BvS new videogame.webm
3MB, 940x390px
>>86410384
Is this footage from Injustice Gods Among Us
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (15KB, 314x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
15KB, 314x161px
>>86410315
Lex is doing what he always does - disguising what he's doing as being for the good of mankind while secretly angling for more power. That's Lex Luthor - avarice, envy, and a lust for power.

In this case, it was him trying to eliminate the one man who might challenge him as the League's sponsor/benefactor and trying to put Superman on a leash in the process.

You, of course, require someone to speak these things directly into the camera, but that doesn't mean we all do.
>>
>>86410614
So lex was literally just being a comic book villain.

Man I thought these movies were deep or something.
>>
File: 1471461357126.jpg (105KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1471461357126.jpg
105KB, 964x964px
>>86410384
>>
>>86410531

Is it me or do the characters themselves in a lot of Snyder films? I mean look at superman pulling that ship he looks like an unfinished CGI blob.

I mean if this was on Wonder woman or Logan budget I would understand but his films cost more than Nolan's TDK films.
>>
>>86410365
What does Pa Kent dying of a heart attack teach Clark, a guy who's been listening to hearts stop his whole young life? Is that a lesson for him, or is it a lesson for the reader? That doesn't make it a bad message, but it doesn't make the other one a bad message, either.

Now answer my question. You're still typing dodges that take longer than honest responses. You know it. I know it. Everyone who's reading this knows it.
>>
>>86408742
Why doesn't he like Superman?
>>
>>86410440

No I am not and yes they're far worse(assuming you're an American).
>>
>>86410729
Characters themselves look very CGIish
>>
>>86410773
Because he represents power beyond what Lex can achieve through wealth, knowledge, and connections.

>"The bittersweet pain among men is knowledge without power, because that's paradoxical."
>>
>>86410769
pa dying of natural causes teaches a far stronger message of mortality and human frailty than pa just saying "nah, don't save me from this situation you could easily navigate."
>>
>>86410869
But literally every second of the movie is lex winning because of his wealth, knowledge, and connections.
>>
>>86390005
It's shit. Also, why have people been saying "now that the dust has settled" about this movie for months?
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (15KB, 333x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
15KB, 333x152px
>>86409164
This is from Watchmen. It's Snyder's own image and it perfectly encapsulates the effect that Osterman's "godhood" and how he chooses to approach it is having on mankind.
>>
>>86411106
But that's false though. The idea of the moon landing being a meaningful human achievement is undermined by the fact manhattan can just instantly hop up there.

In the comic, the fact manhattan had such abilities was extremely destabilizing to the entire world, no matter what he did with them.
>>
>>86390024
Tell that to zods snapped neck
>>
>>86410531
>Budget: $250 - 300 million
>>
>>86411059
Now that wonder woman is passably mediocre WB marketing needs the asses they put in seats for that to go back and slog through MoS and BvS (and maybe SS) in order to sell JL.
>>
It was a test you fools, Pa wanted Clark to become his own man. Clark should've gone after the dog and not allowed himself to be held back, and when he didn't and let Pa go, he had to make a new test. He told Clark not to rescue him, Clark should've made his own decision and rescued him anyway but he stood there helpless. Pa died to avoid the shame of having such a weak son, and that's the cleverest part of all because he assured that either Clark would rescue him, or if not, he would immediately die in order to reduce his time being ashamed at Clark's failure.
>>
>>86411379

This makes me appreciate guys like Nolan and Del Toro. TDK(185 million) and Hellboy 2(85 million) are leagues better than this crap.
>>
>>86410984
>Don't save me from this situation you could easily navigate and in the process ruin your life by revealing yourself to all of these bystanders, the world isn't ready for you, and you aren't ready for it yet, let me teach you how to be a Superman

Not that guy, but this wasn't even a complicated scene and it was one of the best in the movie. The stop invincible son memes have twisted your mind. In context the scene makes perfect sense and isn't even particularly subtle.
>>
>>86411267
That's the point of the image - the futility of human achievement. I even like how Manhattan's already got a handful of moondust for them. It really drives home the point that there is literally no point in them being there.
>>
File: hacksnyder.png (1MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
hacksnyder.png
1MB, 1280x536px
>>86390024
>MoS was kino

this is what middleschoolers actually believe
>>
File: stalin stare.gif (2MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
stalin stare.gif
2MB, 400x299px
>>86407297
>this is White in burgerland
>>
>>86411647
the shot is framed as if the moon landing is still an impressive achievement and manhattan being there too makes it even cooler.

You're making the same mistake most snyderfans make. He is not a smart man. He thinks like a very slow child.
>>
>>86411035
Winning every battle, still losing the war, because ultimately Clark refused to play ball.
>>
>>86411609
His life up to that point was being scolded for saving children from drowning. Being afraid of doing anything with the insane abilities he had. His life was already ruined. "stop invincible son" just made it even worse.
>>
>>86411800
>lex's goal is to kill superman
>by the end of the movie superman is "dead."

... no, he won the war too.
>>
>>86411759
No, you're selling him short, and I have a good idea of why.
>>
>>86411856
You're elevating him. I have a better idea of why.
>>
>>86411846
Why is Bruce alive then? That's the one thing Lex doesn't lie about - what he wants. Every time anyone asks him that, he answers, honestly, but incredibly specifically. The list of things he asks for over the course of the movie are:

>Access to the scoutship
>Access to Zod
>An import license for the kryptonite
>Bruce's head

All with exactly the same end goal in mind: Bruce Wayne dead and Superman responsible for it. If that happens, Lex gets his "alien threat," regardless of whether it's Clark or Doomsday that survives.
>>
File: 115560.1.jpg (139KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
115560.1.jpg
139KB, 900x600px
>>86411538

>Hellboy 2

> 85 million

WTF that's it's actual budget? Homecoming has more than twice that budget and looks like garbage. If that's true the MCU and DCEU have zero excuse for their crap
>>
>>86411880
You think he's a "drooling retard Ayn Rand fanboy," don't you? Some day I'm going to track down where that specific phrase originated.
>>
>>86412143
Considering you're the first person to post such a description in this thread, your search may be much easier than you think.
>>
>>86408933

BvS is one of the most obviously antifascist hollywood movies ever made.
>>
>>86411812
You're an actual fucking retard or someone incapable of understanding human emotion. Fuck, look at what happens to child stars, people who get too famous too fast, and you want to push that on someone whose powers are often compared to God?

Pa Kent panicked when he realized what his son could do, and the entire point of that scene was him trying to pass on the understanding that even good choices can have horrible consequences.

It was one of the most startlingly realistic depictions of an actually worried, human, real Father figure I was baffled in a superhero movie. Pa Kent knew one day his son would do something great, or something terrible, and before he became that man he needed to give him a foundation of morals.

I have to wonder how fucked up the relationships are with the parents of people who couldn't understand Pa Kent's actions. He's one of the best fathers in movies of the last 10 years.
>>
>>86412094
the point of the bvs fight was a "whoever wins, I win" situation. Either superman is a dangerous murdering crazy god or dead. As he orchestrated both superman's involvement in the fight and bruce having the ability to put up a fight.

Then at the end, superman is still "dead."

BvS is literally nothing but "lex wins!"
>>
>>86412233
baffled it was in*
>>
File: IMG_0715.jpg (406KB, 1457x1450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.jpg
406KB, 1457x1450px
>>86412180
Top returns from googling that exact phrase.

Huge, huge shock.
>>
>>86412233
The problem with your assessment is the morals pa kent instilled in clark in man of steel is "let everyone suffer and die if it keeps you safe."

It isn't until clark encounters crowe-el that he even starts to think, hey, maybe using my powers openly won't ruin everything.

Then of course crowe-el gets written off the DCEU so we never mention him again.
>>
>>86412233
You have to understand quite a lot of people nowadays are sons and daughters of single mothers (or just fuck up parents). The kinds of lessons, and approach, MoS (and to some extent BvS and possibly JL) shows are no longer being taught to children.
>>
>>86412330
So it seems the person you're looking for writes for the AV club, is on reddit, and 4chan.

GOOD LUCK
>>
>>86412233
Thank you for this. I absolutely agree.
>>
>>86412233

Holy shit are you still throwing an autistic tantrum? I guess I wasn't wrong about you being assblasted.
>>
>>86412360
This is true.

My mother never once taught me to stay away from tornados by running into one and demanding I don't try to stop her.

This shit is on the same level as that gag from arrested development where the dad pays a dude to pretend to lose an arm to teach kids to wear their life jackets.
>>
>>86412474

Dude seems legit obsessed with making everyone agree this film is good.
>>
Doomsday was great , he could have ended the whole fucking world , he was a much more menacing villain than Ultron
>>
>>86412349
That is the message *you* got, because it's increasingly likely that you really are some sort of sperg. The rest of us understand that Clark acting in the best interests of his classmates in the here and now could have terrible repercussions down the line.

That doesn't mean "don't act," it means "don't act irresponsibly." Fact of the matter is, that scene with the bus is an almost perfect foreshadowing of everything we see playing out over the course of BvS, just on a smaller scale.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBg99mH8pyA
Deeper than your pathetic religious references, you plebs
>>
>>86390024

This was the last of its kind.

DC is getting full on Marvelized
>>
>>86412474
Simple question:

Who stopped Clark?
>>
>>86412582
That's explicitly what pa instills in clark in the movie by his own actions. He yells at him for saving children from a horrible death, then demands clark let him die, all so he can stay safe.

And the ultimate reasoning for this was so clark wouldn't do anything until modern times. As goyer didn't want to deal with the changes to the cold war that would occur had clark surfaced too soon.

It takes extensive mental gymnastics to try to argue otherwise.
>>
>>86412653
The sense of authority pa had instilled in clark, that clark for some reason didn't start rebelling against until his 30s.
>>
>>86412429
I don't know what you're talking about and am not whatever guy you were conversating with.

>>86412474
>Taught me to stay away from tornados

I want an honest, non-meme answer from you. Is that really what you think Pa Kent was trying to teach? To stay away from tornados?
>>
>>86412582

He got the message. He is trying to say the way those lessons are taught are so contrived , it makes the the characters look dumb and the cringeworthy dialogue doesn't help.
>>
>we'll never have story based on Tower of Babel because Bruce is already a paranoid faggot who was never showed as an actual hero and friend of anyone in JL so story have no weight from the begining
Fuck this gay Earth
>>
>>86412746
I like how you're ignoring half the posts in the thread, on this topic, in order to autisticly demand a joke post be serious.
>>
>>86412661
You realize that Clark's not being kept safe, the world is, right?

You want jarhead Superman? How about Biebermsn or Secret Weaponman? Or would you rather have just a normal guy with as normal an upbringing as possible wielding the power of an invincible alien god?

That's what was at stake, and Pa Kent was encouraging him to make his decisions as if he were literally no different than anyone else and decide who he's going to be before he steps into the limelight, because there's literally no unringing that bell.
>>
File: 1502739959373.png (824KB, 1080x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1502739959373.png
824KB, 1080x1067px
>>86391014
>>86391056
>>86410335
>>86410430
>>86410440
>>86410528
>>86410531
>>86412647
Back to r/moviecirclejerks
>>
>>86412863
The problem, again, with your assessment, is that is not what pa kent taught clark as a result of his actions. What pa kent taught clark was to keep his powers secret at all costs. To be willing to sacrifice literally everything to keep the extent of his abilities secret.

pa doesn't try to teach clark to be independent or self-reliant or self-possessed, he teaches him to never help, never do, never attempt.
>>
File: 1502650362438.png (205KB, 479x364px) Image search: [Google]
1502650362438.png
205KB, 479x364px
>>86410384
>>86410430
>>86410502
>>86410531
>>86411379
>>86411706
>posting the same cut webm over and over
It's going to look shit without context and music
>>
>>86410384
Isn't it funny how this somehow is worse than simply having a shot that switches instantly to Batman? Is it really so fucking important for the audience to know the exact distance and angle that batman shot from?
>>
>>86412980
it looked like shit in context and the music was horrible
>>
File: UMA.jpg (260KB, 650x779px) Image search: [Google]
UMA.jpg
260KB, 650x779px
>>86407439
>>86407450
>>86411755
Notice how these low-test faggots never respond with a time-stamped pic and always post memey replies?
>>
>>86412131
>>86411538
I fucking love Hellboy 2.

Hellboy 3 NEVER EVER
>>
>>86412863
Another problem with that is teenaged rebellion.

But the movie ignores that phase of emotional development.
>>
>>86412661
So you're saying 9 year old Clark was going to stop the Cold War? That's your argument?
>>
>>86407297
>dark pubes
uhh sorry but you're inbred mongrel shitskin :(
>>
>>86413044
people just don't care enough about you to feel they need to prove anything to you.

You, on the other hand, seem to care deeply what a bunch of anonymous posters on 4chan think of you.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>86413016
No it wasn't, even the shilled critics who hated it said the score was terrific.
You have no say in what makes bad music. I've been a musician since my middle school years. Fucking idiot
>>
>>86412972
How in the name of all that is holy did you interpret "You aren't ready to be this world's new God yet" as "Fuck everyone save yourself"?

I just don't understand, did you guys get a different script than I did?
>>
>>86413067
>ctrl+f
>9 year old Clark was going to stop the Cold War
>(you)

I'll never understand why people try to put words in the mouths of others when ctrl+f exists.

Goyer didn't go into the changes, neither did I. Watchmen did, but that's different.
>>
File: 1500911268967.png (1MB, 1080x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1500911268967.png
1MB, 1080x1538px
>>86413100
I'm not the poster stupid.
Yeah honestly I think we should care considering that everyone calls DChads Indian even though it's clear that we're white, and well they're very very dark
>>
>>86412863

>You realize that Clark's not being kept safe, the world is, right?

"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready"- quote from clark
>>
>>86413131
You're attributing an awful lot of cognitive ability to kid-clark.

All he knew hes in trouble for saving a bus full of kids, his friends, from drowning. So the lesson he learned there was "saving lives makes pa mad."
>>
>>86413054
No, it doesn't. That what's happening in the Tornado scene. Clark's chafing at the harness, finds out he's not nearly as smart and ready for the world as he thinks he is, and loses his father because of it. Better than a decade later, he's still maturing into a better understanding of his father.

As someone who lost his dad right about the same time I was starting to see he wasn't a total idiot, I can relate.
>>
>>86413163
For we all know the best way to make things stop on 4chan is to let everyone know how much those things upset you.
>>
>>86411538
That's because the fights in those movies aren't just bunch of super humans slugging it out in an open field or city. The scenes are imaginative and fun: hijacking a plane with another plane, a bank robbery where all the robbers kill each other, a hostage scene where the hostages are holding guns and the hostage takers are pretending to be hostages, an interrogation in which the main hero has zero leverage against the villain.

BvS it was just Batman fights Superman, but batman has a special weapon to take away superman's advantage. How about something like Batman has to fight Superman while helicopters are filming in broad daylight, and Superman is dressed as Clark Kent so he has to hold back or hide so as not to reveal his identity.
>>
Why did Bully stop posting with his trip after being exposed as an actual full blown pajeet from pajeetistan?
>>
>>86413227
>the movie doesn't ignore teenaged rebellion
>clark doesn't actually start doing the opposite of what his father said till his 30s
>he was rebelling against his father when he let him die in the tornado

... for the love of god son, it can't be healthy to tie your brain in such knots
>>
>>86413207
Clearly the lesson stuck with him, since he carried the memory with him all this time. Children sometimes stumble into adult situations and have to be explained things that are way above their pay grade. Pa Kent even mentions he's not actually mad at him, he's scared. He's not scared of Clark, he's scared of everybody else and what they will do once they know who and what Clark is. This is an absolutely reasonable fear and you trying to paint it as him having some kind of petty spite towards drowning schoolchildren is dreadfully boring "irony" at best and actual psychosis at worst.
>>
>>86413207
He was fucking thirteen in that scene, for Christ's sake. He knows what he's in trouble for, and it's also another instance of that teen rebellion you guys are trying to insist wasn't there.

The funny part is that he didn't even need to push the bus out of the river in the first place. He overreacted.
>>
>>86390005
Better than CA: Civil War.

People still talk about this one for one. Redditors also hate it since it isn't Marvel and it didn't get a ton of perfect scores from paid off critics.
>>
>>86413308

Wait the dude giving all those comments is the same guy? I literally thought it was two different people giving different interpretations of the movie. Lol
>>
>>86413308
His late teens and the entirety of his twenties were Bill Bixby mode, enough "miracles," weirdness, and guardian angel stuff to make a sizable stack of accounts. The oil rig was just the latest example.

That's how Lois worked his backtrail- chasing down stories about things he'd done, handled in a quick sequence of images that was, unsurprisingly, utterly lost on you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL42rZ9F2TCklQr2PKp7qhdPro-foWyuZD&params=EAEYATgBSAFYO2ILUjl6cE9YdkxRWVVoOQ%253D%253D&v=7tXpB7CzWhY&mode=NORMAL
>>
>>86413308
I really hope your reading comprehension isn't that bad. Right before the tornado hits, they're arguing about him wanting to do something with his life.
>>
>>86413609

Are you even reading what the other guy is saying?
>>
>>86413703
Are you? For guys with such an insatiable desire for explicitly-stated things, neither one of you seems all that hot st actually comprehending it when you get it.
>>
>>86413787

Oh no I get it. You just seem to be tripping over yourself while defending the movie.
>>
>>86390005
>27% on Rotten Tomatoes
>kino
KEK
>>
The more I read these threads, the more I come to realize that they have better life lessons and examples of good parenting than most of the haters ever even got.
>>
>>86414480
>He believes in numbers
Kill yourself
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (162KB, 1746x1318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
162KB, 1746x1318px
>>86413281
>>86413298
>>
>>86414549
>"Believing experts? NO! Trust the plebs instead!"
KEK
>>
>>86413901
Yeah, when you enter into an argument convinced that nothing's going to change your mind and that you've never been wrong in your life, you tend to read things through a biased filter and even willfully misconstrue the other guy's points.

Some of us call that being an asshole.
>>
>>86414705
I like how you're assuming someone must be completely full of themselves if they don't like a bad movie.
>>
>>86414766
I've only been waiting three hours for you to answer a pretty simple question. That alone qualifies you for asshole status.

>>86407297
>>86407002
>>86407439
>>86407450
>>86411755
>>86413088
Still waiting on those pics, guys,
>>
>>86414943
What question would that be?
>>
>>86415018
>>86406459

The one that literally not one of the haters has had the sack to answer, you among them.
>>
>>86415170
But it was answered, and the answer was debated, and you ultimately failed to present a compelling argument as to why snyderverse pa kent did anything right

But being true to form, you ignored all that and restated the original assertion as if no response had been given.
>>
>>86415263
Point to the post that says what you, you specifically, would have done, in either man's shoes.
>>
>>86415299
see >>86410160

It is apparent why you found this answer unsatisfactory. All you can do to debate it is claim every other superman origin arc is shit. Which is an utterly impossible thing to unironically claim. Especially considering you haven't read any of them.
>>
>>86413482
>People still talk about this one
You mean one autistic poo in the loo spams these threads every day and gets BTFO.
Look at those statistics. 274 posts, 62 posters.
These threads are samefag cancer and I can only imagine how much the quality of the human experience would improve across the board if this curry-nigger would just slit his wrists. It's a win/win since vishnu doesn't see suicide as a sin, and this guy will get to be reincarnated as a tape worm.
>>
>>86415435
That's a transparent dodge. I don't claim they're shit. I just claim that there's more than one lesson that can be learned from that moment, and of all the lessons to be learned, not being able to stop death, regardless of whether its a family member, a pet, a neighbor, whatever, it's a lesson that Clark would have already been living with his entire life. That doesn't make it a shit message, just one that's more impactful for the reader than the character.

Now what would you have done in the situation? Since the context of the question seems to have escaped you entirely at this point, here it is again:

>>86406343
>>86406459

Now what would you have done? Simple question that doesn't require me to re-read Superman's origin stories in all their iterations. Unfortunately, it requires me to do something far harder and far less enjoyable - get an intellectual coward to admit that he doesn't have an answer that doesn't invalidate the entirety of his willfully obtuse, reductionist interpretation of the scene in question.
>>
>>86415846
and the problem, as is stated every time you go down this blind alley, is there that lesson completely falls flat if it is taught by a situation clark can easily overcome.
>>
>>86415846
If anything the actual lesson there is the only limit to clark is clark. But that doesn't manifest at all in the DCEU at all. As it would create a character that isn't superman.
>>
>>86408933
Tbh I'm a Socialist and I think Man of Steel presents a Superman who is a champion of the working class who fights against a genocidal fascist while Batman v Superman tells a very complicated narrative about class division in America (notice how much of the story is seen through the eyes of normal people witnessing Superman's character assassination through the corporate media on television). That said Snyder is both a fan of Ayn Rand and an Episcopal Christian, so he posses both strong progressive (but not liberal) and conservative (but not fascist) beliefs.

The people who get assblasted by his films are centrist Liberals and Neocons. These people are more obsessed with identity-politics and you can see how Marvel movies are more appealing to them because the morality is not at all complicated and minorities are pandered to while still preserving a heirarchy where whites are dominant. They worship political correctness and do not feel threatened by the institutions that

Centrists want to see a movie where black people are sidekicks to the white hero, so they can pat themselves on the back while keeping a status quo. Black people will always be in a sympathetic life and they're usually all geniuses or really funny people. That's a garbage PC Disney movie.

BvS on the other hand is not afraid to depict blacks as criminals, living in poverty, or as members of the service industry. There are also blacks in high ranking positions within the government and media, but notice how both Swanwick and White are resistant to putting their jobs at risk. Seeing blacks in subservient positions upsets centrist Liberals who want them to be kangs, but they are portrayed in a far more realistic light than any Marvel movie where it's simply capitalistic tokenism.

The politics of Snyder's films are far more appealing to people on the edge of the political spectrum because the messages are bold and uncompromising. They are for those who value justice over order.
>>
>>86409164
>For instance, literally everything good about the watchmen movie was directly copied from the comic.

Spoken like someone who has never seen the movie. The first ten minutes of that film is entirely original and easily the best part of the entire experience.
>>
>>86416107
Sorry, but I can't fail to notice that utter lack of an answer in your reply.

There was something there that Clark didn't overcome, and it's the very reason his father died.

>>86416241
I disagree. He's limiting himself in BvS, too. He's not being a full-on hero for most of the film. He does a lot of good things, but he's doing them with all the wrong motivations, and his own doubt is preventing him from going much beyond being super-first-responder. He's not doing anything but trying to let his actions speak for him, and he's learning over the whole course of the film that that's not enough.
>>
>>86416423
Well said, DChad.
>>
Better than anything that has come out this year.
>>
>>86414663
>experts
Shill detected GET OUT
>>
>>86416494
Why do you want someone to copy other origin arcs from superman? What would you gain from that?
>>
>>86416494
So you see nothing flawed in teaching a god that he is the only limit to what he can do, while at the same time praising pa kent's plan to turn him into a psychotic hermit.
>>
>>86416423
>i'm a socialist and I see in MoS and BvS exactly what I believe politically

>>
>>86413193
Are you validating what they said? Cus that is what you're doing.
>>
>>86412195
You can be against fascist ideals and not "like identify as antifas"
>>
File: IMG_9846.png (724KB, 800x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9846.png
724KB, 800x665px
>>86416882
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2013/06/i-love-man-of-steel-and-im-not-sorry/
>>
>>86390005
I liked it...

I've only seen the extended edition though.
>>
>>86416783
I'm not the guy that seems to want that. It's the other guy. Probably this guy - >>86416833, who five hours on still refuses to answer an incredibly simple question.

>>86416833
And that's not the lesson at all. It's make your own choices, be your own man, and whatever action you take or don't take, be prepared to live with the consequences.

What's more, it's Pa Kent checking out sticking to the same philosophy he'd raised Clark with, it would have been easy to beckon to him, make his decision for him, but he didn't. He treated him exactly the same way any good father would treat any child.
>>
>>86418171
>It's make your own choices, be your own man, and whatever action you take or don't take, be prepared to live with the consequences.

>superman
>consequences

You really aren't thinking any of this through.
>>
>>86417237
Good, stay away from the Theatrical.

The only good thing in the TE is after the African woman says "He answers to no one, not even I think to God." they cut to Lois in her apartment which is a better transition because she is who Clark answers to every day and they start talking about the hearings that occurred earlier that day.

In the UE they cut to Batman's first scene which should be much later in the night or even days later, but then cut back to Lois' scene in her apartment.
>>
File: 1343941519332.jpg (25KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1343941519332.jpg
25KB, 275x200px
>>86416423
>Tbh I'm a Socialist
>>
>>86418215
Explain.

Snyder's two Superman films are the ONLY cape flicks that actually address the philosophy of choice, will and accountability. They're all about consequences while other films simply reward the hero for their deeds because they are basic power fantasy.
>>
>>86416423
>>86418286
That shit must be bait.
>>
>>86418215
Did you really just suggest that Superman is about *not* dealing with consequences?

Take your ass to Disney and please stay there.
>>
>>86418324
>an invulnerable being far beyond the capacity of any earthy entity to control or influence

>consequences
>>
>>86418355
I'm suggesting that nothing can happen to superman that he need take seriously. Thus none of his actions have any consequences he needs to consider.
>>
>>86418224
Cutting to batman kinda feeds into the implication he'll answer to batman. But he doesn't really.

Cutting to lois is equally shitty. As he doesn't answer to her as much as he fucks her senseless.
>>
File: IMG_9852.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9852.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>86418416
Please tell me you're pretending to be this retarded
>>
>>86418810
Your lack of counter-argument is telling.
>>
File: Superman - Ring.jpg (72KB, 1298x185px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Ring.jpg
72KB, 1298x185px
>>86419051
Here's one for you - he cares about people in general and his friends and family in particular, just like the rest of us. I'm including you in that "us" largely as a courtesy, because you might actually be a robot.

He carries guilt for both action as well as inaction. He genuinely wants to help the world be a better place, and he does so from the perspective of a man who doesn't see himself as any better than the rest of us. Yes, a guy like that understands consequences, because however tough he might be externally, he's fundamentally human, not a god, and thinks of himself that way, Want even more proof? Pic related.
>>
File: 1478432154983.jpg (29KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
1478432154983.jpg
29KB, 197x190px
I do love these bvs threads, 2nd best threads after lotr threads
>>
>>86419615
There are several crippling issues with this.

Nothing in the DCEU gives a solid foundation for the argument that clark is fundamentally human, he just is and the audience is supposed to accept it. Which would be fine, were the movies not so far up their own ass.

Having all consequences as simply being interpersonal is a weak foundation for a literal god. As people, due to their weakness and frailty, die. Meaning you're making my argument for me. If the only consequences for clark are interpersonal, then it's not a question of if clark realizes nothing actually matters, its a question of when. But this is dodged somewhat by characterizing clark as being quite dense.

And the core crippling issue is thus, trying to have a storyline about choice and consequences of superheroes centered around an entity that is completely beyond all human understanding and comprehension, with abilities that make him a literal god, is completely self-defeating, as there are, as you have unintentionally acknowledged, no meaningful consequences for such an entity beyond what he personally values, and his personal values are characterized as being quite weak by the DCEU itself. He holds himself to no ideals of humanity or himself, he has no actual moral focus, just some peeps he kinda digs. The DCEU superman is characterized as a hedonistic nihilist who will, if left to develop organically, fall into complete nihilism and become something that can no longer be called superman. But this will be avoided, because WB needs these movies to be about superman, not "crazy alien godking of the earth."
>>
>>86420417
Shut up
>>
>>86420907
"no"
>>
File: snyder signal.jpg (32KB, 960x519px) Image search: [Google]
snyder signal.jpg
32KB, 960x519px
>>86419738
Yeah ignoring that OP is an anti-Snyder asshurt troll who spams these threads.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.