[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: scenes men will never understand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

ITT: scenes men will never understand.
>>
HECTOR
>>
*/tv/
>>
File: 1501357337055.png (161KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1501357337055.png
161KB, 248x459px
>>86386534
>implying men and lions can be of one mind
>>
>>86386374
>men watch tv
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (134KB, 1920x794px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
134KB, 1920x794px
>>86386374
first dozen times i saw the movie i used to pretend i was briseis
>>
>>86386767
Don't blame you desu
>>
>>86386374
>Hector/Achilles fight
>ITT: scenes men will never understand.

>all girls in the cinema were crying and screaming out "No! no! no!"
>all the guys were eager to see someone die

You might be onto something.
>>
>>86387460
It's a joke, brainlet.

Achilles refers to himself as a lion in this scene, implying that he is the superior of Hector, a mere man.
>>
>>86387628
>made girls cry
yea, u might be onto something
>>
>>86386374
>Helen of Troy (1956)
>Helen of Troy (2003)
>Troy (2004)
>BBC
All trash

In all honesty, will an adaptation of the Iliad ever be made faithfully, or at least as faithfully as the LotR trilogy? Is it even filmable?
>>
HECTOR
>>
The entirety of Drive.

You see its not called Drive because he likes to drive cars. Its because he has a DRIVE to protect that qt grill and her kid
>>
>>86386374
>Hector kills Patroklus, realizes it wasn't Akhileus, feels bad, calls it a day and sends both armies back to camp
>Doesn't strip Patroklus of Akhileus' armor, then fight over his corpse for the next few hours

wtf, is "Troy" based on the same Iliad I'm thinking of?
>>
>>86389323
>Is it even filmable?
>Epic spear and sandals war film in which armies get massacred and Every. Single. Soldier who dies. Is listed by name.
>Faithfully filmable.

kek
>>
Why didn't the Trojans just blast his ass with a hundred arrows while he was standing there? Could have won the war.
>>
>>86389480
This may allay your confusion.
>>
>>86389643
Because Achilles was fucking invincible and had the blessing of Athena.

Explanation in the film though is "muh honor".
>>
>>86386767
thats kinda gay anon
>>
>>86389323
We have the CGI technology now to show Achilles beating up a river, I guess.
>>
>>86389765
Ahh the origin of Dabid.
>>
>>86389323
>tfw no Sean Bean Odyssey
I mean, it probably wouldn't have been good, but it would have been worth a watch.
>>
>>86389830
>Because Achilles was fucking invincible and had the blessing of Athena.

I think the blatant Deus ex Machina events would confuse and anger a modern audience.
Many times an arrow or spear that would have killed some hero gets turned aside by a god. Or the hero gets teleported to safety.
>>
>>86389897

They should have had a founding of Rome instead. Would have been the official Troy 2.
>>
>>86389765
Fuck. It's true.
>>
>>86389833
not if you're the girl (male), that's how it worked
>>
>>86390147
Aeneid would be badass.
>>
>>86387628
Lets be fair, the way he fought, he was the superior. He was so far above literally everybody else that theres not even really any point in comparing them. Hector was good, for a man. Achilles was inhuman. He even moved differently.
>>
>>86389480
You just know in that scene, the expression on Hector's face. He knows he's a dead man walking now. And then the next day, when he has to walk out to face him.
>>
>>86389323
The Iliad is like two or three days, maybe a week, of a ten year war. No, it will not be fully done, partly because people don't understand it as much nowadays.
>>
Reminder that in the 3 hour long movie Troy, only twice do the Trojans ever fight the Greeks outside their walls. Once is when they're landing and they're trying to stop them getting a foothold on the beach, and the other is when Achilles isn't fighting because he's mad at Agamemnon, and they win that skirmish.

>But why don't they stay behind their walls and make the greeks come to them?
They literally do. Watch the film
>>
File: rose jumps back on titanic.gif (2MB, 245x185px) Image search: [Google]
rose jumps back on titanic.gif
2MB, 245x185px
I'm a man and I never understood her jumping back on the Titanic and I bet no man in the world does.
>Leo could've survived on that door by himself and meet Rose back in New York
>>
>>86395562
leo was chained up you idiot
he was only free because she came back
i swear you fags dont pay attention to movies and are just here for the memes :^(
>>
>>86395632
Leo was already free during that scene, goober. She jumped back on for no other reason than 'you jump, i jump'
>>
>>86389765
>>
>>86395562
She didn't know how the movie was going to end dumbass.
>>
>>86387628
>>86395402

Achilles was literally capable of running 40 miles per hour. You might as well have been fighting against Captain America. It was the original Batman V Superman of ancient times.
>>
>>86396705
>You might as well have been fighting against Captain America. It was the original Batman V Superman of ancient times.
u did that on purpose
>>
>>86398405

Trying to make an analogy that the kids here will understand.

I'm actually sick of marvelish capeshit myself
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.