[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he escape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: shining pantry.jpg (109KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
shining pantry.jpg
109KB, 1360x768px
How did he escape?
>>
>>86385240
>>
File: IMG_20170814_221106_270.jpg (7KB, 195x94px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170814_221106_270.jpg
7KB, 195x94px
>>
>>86385240

Stanley Kubrick let him out so the movie could continue.
>>
>>86385240
Stanley Kubrick was a big time hack who thought there was no literal paranormal presence at the Overlook Hotel.

Having profoundly misunderstood the source material, he invents other hacky contrivances such as having Dick Hallorann die like a punk, and cutting out a badass topiary fight.
>>
File: IMG_1757.jpg (51KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
51KB, 1200x630px
>>
>>86385240

The bloodthirsty ghosts had gained sufficient strength to influence the physical realm. Satisfied with the resolve of the deranged man who they'd recently bewitched, they were both able, and saw fit, to reach into this world and simply undo the latch.
>>
>>86385240
This was the movie's only flaw. Had he had the convo with the ghost only to have the ghost point out, say, an emergency key on the shelf, it would have been more open to interpretation, spirits vs mere psychosis.
>>
>Stanley Kubrick: I've always been interested in ESP and the paranormal. In addition to the scientific experiments which have been conducted suggesting that we are just short of conclusive proof of its existence, I'm sure we've all had the experience of opening a book at the exact page we're looking for, or thinking of a friend a moment before they ring on the telephone. But The Shining didn't originate from any particular desire to do a film about this. The manuscript of the novel was sent to me by John Calley, of Warner Bros. I thought it was one of the most ingenious and exciting stories of the genre I had read. It seemed to strike an extraordinary balance between the psychological and the supernatural in such a way as to lead you to think that the supernatural would eventually be explained by the psychological: "Jack must be imagining these things because he's crazy". This allowed you to suspend your doubt of the supernatural until you were so thoroughly into the story that you could accept it almost without noticing.

>Do you think this was an important factor in the success of the novel?

>Yes, I do. It's what I found so particularly clever about the way the novel was written. As the supernatural events occurred you searched for an explanation, and the most likely one seemed to be that the strange things that were happening would finally be explained as the products of Jack's imagination. It's not until Grady, the ghost of the former caretaker who axed to death his family, slides open the bolt of the larder door, allowing Jack to escape, that you are left with no other explanation but the supernatural. The novel is by no means a serious literary work, but the plot is for the most part extremely well worked out, and for a film that is often all that really matters.

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.ts.html
>>
This movie Kubrick's worst
>>
>>86385959

You were better on drugs, Stephen.
>>
>>86385240

>Heinz used to sell gherkins

Man I really hate pickles but I could eat a few sweet gherkins for some reason.
>>
>>86388243

>gherkin

Are those the same as "baby pickles"? Burgerlard here
>>
>>86385517
this
>>
>>86386054

A N I G G E R C O O K

N
I
G
G
E
R

C
O
O
K
>>
>>86386228

King haters BTFO
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.